Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Autumnflame on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:23 am

ARISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, INHERITOR TO THE OLD THREAD.

As in the previous one, the space for all your idle observations, thoughts, complaints, WTFs, things you'd like to say to someone (excepting other posters here, it ain't for that kind of passive-aggressive - unless they're random notes of appreciation, which would make that passive-appreciative and just fine), amusing notes or whatnot that don't fit into any other thread or form of social media.

Libido is bugging me enough that I'm seriously considering turning OKC back on for a bit, even though I know, know, know I don't really have time to date and shouldn't be spending the time I'd need to in order to utilize it effectively. Tinder has been something of a wasteland so far.
avatar
Autumnflame

Posts : 181
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:00 am

Brazilian Wandering Spiders can go fuck themselves. The last resort option for treating priapism involves a scalpel and is NOT cool.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by nearly_takuan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 am

Cousin makes post about her fifth anniversary saying that the statistical likelihood of divorce will decrease from now on.

Must resist urge to make remarks about sunk-cost fallacies and self-fulfilling prophecies.
avatar
nearly_takuan

Posts : 1057
Reputation : 430
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:05 am

Just read about praise for Odysseus in one of the other threads, and my first instinct is to point out the guy had sex with Circe after threatening her with violence and hung his servantgirls for sleeping with the suitors.

The next thought is to can that response, since no-one finds faux-SJing funny anymore and this made me realize how out of date those trolls are anyway. Nobody says shitlord anymore(it's pissbaby nowadays), the vitriol has been replaced with self-doubt after so many ally call-outs(throw in an idk and it's complicated) and the ones that don't suffer from this seem to be even less self-aware of what to do right then the trolls(never use AAVE if your posts are going to be on the long side, you don't know the code well enough to do so-unless you're specifically aiming for a clueless white savior persona).

_________________
Pompeii, VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin."
avatar
BasedBuzzed

Posts : 811
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Robjection on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:12 am

As I try to work out the costs (in terms of time and money) of crafting 2 adamantine arrows using the supply of adamantine I currently have and what the Craft DCs would be, I feel like I'm sitting my maths A-Levels again. Good thing I have a head for numbers.

_________________
The above post contains Robjectionable content.
avatar
Robjection

Posts : 372
Reputation : 93
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by nearly_takuan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Looking again (and again and again) at my OLD profiles and those of other asexuals, I'm beginning to think going from long-winded explanations to label-language followed by long-winded explanations wasn't really an improvement.

Also, I can't believe none of us noticed what was going on with our cheddar block until today. Yo dawg, we heard you like mold, so we put some mold in your mold...in your mold.
avatar
nearly_takuan

Posts : 1057
Reputation : 430
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by reboot on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:55 pm

"You know what I am talking about. Those times where you are making out with a guy and you take his wallet, go through it, and then put it back."

No, can not say that I do. In fact, until now I have never heard of anyone doing it.
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:04 am

reboot wrote:"You know what I am talking about. Those times where you are making out with a guy and you take his wallet, go through it, and then put it back."

No, can not say that I do. In fact, until now I have never heard of anyone doing it.


...nor have I. I'm kind of wondering how that even works. I mean, I kind of get how you might be able to slip something out of someone's back pocket, especially if they're distracted and maybe drunk, but I'm curious how you manage to look through the contents while also having your mouth attached to someone else's. Does your friend happen to have eye stalks?

avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 997
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by reboot on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:20 am

eselle28 wrote:
reboot wrote:"You know what I am talking about. Those times where you are making out with a guy and you take his wallet, go through it, and then put it back."

No, can not say that I do. In fact, until now I have never heard of anyone doing it.


...nor have I. I'm kind of wondering how that even works. I mean, I kind of get how you might be able to slip something out of someone's back pocket, especially if they're distracted and maybe drunk, but I'm curious how you manage to look through the contents while also having your mouth attached to someone else's. Does your friend happen to have eye stalks?

Apparently she does it behind his back during the make out when he is kissing her neck or something where she has good line of sight or does it if he hits the head and returns it during round 2.

What was funniest about this is she was shocked that not only did the rest of us not do it, it had never even occurred to us that anyone did. She thought everyone did it because:

"How else do you know exactly who you are making out with in a bar?"
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:38 am

reboot wrote:
Apparently she does it behind his back during the make out when he is kissing her neck or something where she has good line of sight or does it if he hits the head and returns it during round 2.

What was funniest about this is she was shocked that not only did the rest of us not do it, it had never even occurred to us that anyone did. She thought everyone did it because:

"How else do you know exactly who you are making out with in a bar?"

Now I've had my revelation of the night, because I have never once had that thought go through my head. Once I rifled through some bills on a table because I'd forgotten if the bill payer in question was named Jason or Justin and thought I might want to see him again, but that was an easier maneuver to pull off.

Did she have any good stories about getting caught? It seems like a pretty substantial risk if you're picking people's pockets on an occasional basis...and I think I'd be pretty inclined to call the cops or at least the bouncer if I found my makeout buddy's hand in my purse.
avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 997
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by reboot on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:01 am

Oddly enough no guy reacted beyond, "What the hell!" when she was caught or when she could not get the wallet back in a pocket and just handed it to them. She inevitably was able to smooth it over and proceed with the make out. She just acted like it was no big deal and did not get flustered or embarrassed, probably because she thought everyone did it so what is there to get embarrassed about? The men were probably infected with her nonchalance because the situation was so strange. She is also all of 5'1" and really petite so I am guessing threat radar is low.

Got to say I can not decide what is weirder, her picking pockets or her making it to 44 and not realizing that this was not something everyone does.
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Autumnflame on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:18 am

My face to the above story:

o___o
avatar
Autumnflame

Posts : 181
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by nearly_takuan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:34 am

Normally I would be all for sending thieves and people who talk during the movie to the same afterlife, but somehow the most off-putting part of that story for me is that she obviously wasn't paying attention to the kiss....
avatar
nearly_takuan

Posts : 1057
Reputation : 430
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by caliseivy on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Once again, I don't want any of what I brought to work for lunch -_-
avatar
caliseivy

Posts : 301
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by KMR on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:37 pm

You learn some interesting things when you decide to check out some articles from the first edition of the Journal of Educational Psychology, written way back in 1910.

For example, it seems that spelling instruction was a big deal back then, at least to one professor, who wrote that if you do not believe in spelling reform you are "an ignoramus" and your "proclivities are violently asinine."

There's a graph that measures how deeply a person sleeps, where the x-axis indicates the hours of sleep and the y-axis indicates "height, in centimeters, from which a ball must be dropped upon a metal plate in order to awaken the sleeping person."

I also learned that "obsolescent" is a word, but I guess it has now become obsolescent.
avatar
KMR

Posts : 135
Reputation : 78
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:44 am

At this rate, I can only hope to finish reading Berserk and Vagabond when I'm well into my forties.

Do they even teach cursive writing at school nowadays? I feel like it's becoming a dying art.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Conreezy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

I only write in cursive because my print has not improved since the 3rd grade.

_________________
Surrender, Belisarius!
avatar
Conreezy

Posts : 269
Reputation : 96
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Werel on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:16 pm

HermitTheToad wrote:At this rate, I can only hope to finish reading Berserk and Vagabond when I'm well into my forties.


I don't even know what Vagabond is, but put it on the shelf and read Berserk instead, cause shit gets crazy in volume 30 or so... Wink
avatar
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

Posts : 1779
Reputation : 964
Join date : 2014-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Werel wrote:I don't even know what Vagabond is, but put it on the shelf and read Berserk instead, cause shit gets crazy in volume 30 or so... Wink

Oh, I'm up to date on all of the chapters. It's just that Mr. Miura has been going at this for what, 20+ years and the ending's nowhere in sight (plus, there's always the possibility that we won't get to see the ending at all). The same applies to Vagabond as well.

Vagabond is a fictional take on the life of the legendary sword-saint, Miyamoto Musashi. It's a good story with equally good art. You should definitely check it out if you're interested.

I'm pretty random and picky with my interests for manga, so I struggle to find ones that I can get into while waiting for those other irregular releases.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:57 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Just read about praise for Odysseus in one of the other threads, and my first instinct is to point out the guy had sex with Circe after threatening her with violence and hung his servantgirls for sleeping with the suitors.

The next thought is to can that response, since no-one finds faux-SJing funny anymore and this made me realize how out of date those trolls are anyway. Nobody says shitlord anymore(it's pissbaby nowadays), the vitriol has been replaced with self-doubt after so many ally call-outs(throw in an idk and it's complicated) and the ones that don't suffer from this seem to be even less self-aware of what to do right then the trolls(never use AAVE if your posts are going to be on the long side, you don't know the code well enough to do so-unless you're specifically aiming for a clueless white savior persona).

Most of the sexing in Greek mythology sounds impressive until you learn about how much of that was desired by both parties. Which was almost none. Zeus was a sick little shit, I'm glad no one believes in him anymore.

Hey, that Judeo-Christian god that's so popular these days may hate gays and blacks and Jews and women and...well pretty much anyone besides white Christian heterosexual men, and he killed a whole bunch of folks, and if he's real is therefore indirectly responsible for every bad thing ever...at least he didn't rape anyone.

Robjection wrote:As I try to work out the costs (in terms of time and money) of crafting 2 adamantine arrows using the supply of adamantine I currently have and what the Craft DCs would be, I feel like I'm sitting my maths A-Levels again. Good thing I have a head for numbers.

reboot wrote:"You know what I am talking about. Those times where you are making out with a guy and you take his wallet, go through it, and then put it back."

No, can not say that I do. In fact, until now I have never heard of anyone doing it.

What I'm curious about is how she could do that mid-kiss. Did she just raise the wallet in front of her face and pretend that she wrapped her arms around his neck? I almost wanna make out with her just to find out. Or maybe I just wanna make out with someone, I dunno.

HermitTheToad wrote:At this rate, I can only hope to finish reading Berserk and Vagabond when I'm well into my forties.

Do they even teach cursive writing at school nowadays? I feel like it's becoming a dying art.

They taught me how to write cursive. They told us you'd need cursive in the future. And they were right. Whenever I buy groceries at the supermarket, my signature has to be in cursive.

Random thoughts:

Back in my hometown for the weekend, and I ate at my favorite Italian restaurant with the folks. My dad notices how flustered I get whenever the cute waitress walks by, and keeps asking for water every five minutes, turning me red repeatedly and deliberately avoiding eye contact. His explanation: "son, it's called exposure therapy. Either it'll work or I'll keep laughing, it's a win win for me."

My dad can be a dick sometimes.

I really need to shave.

My water bottle is shiny.

I hate getting erections for no reason. But I also hate getting erections when I want to have sex with someone. I guess I just hate getting erections in general. It's very awkward.

I fell down a staircase today. I was almost arrested today.

My dad is a dick.

I remember the time I tripped over my own feet and fell down a hill.

Shit, that's happened multiple times.

I think this girl wants to have sex with me. She's much hotter than me.

My dad is a dick.

I feel like Mitch Hedburg. Except he doesn't feel anything anymore, because I think he died.

I probably spelled his last name wrong.

The new Super Smash Bros. game is amazing. I absolutely love it. I haven't even played as half of the characters yet. They even have the freaking dog from Duck Hunt in it.

My friend keeps pronouncing his name as "Duck Cunt." He's creative.

I'm probably about to get banned for saying cunt.

But I wasn't using it as an insult. Like can I just say cunt when I'm referring to something someone else said.

Why is using male sexual organs as an insult OK but not female sexual organs? Isn't that sexist? I don't know who it's sexist towards.

My dad is a cu---I mean dick.

Close call, huh Enail? Wink

Or Werel, or Mel, or whichever one of you is modding this thread.

This is really fun, I'm really enjoying myself.

Spec Ops: The Line is fucking trippy.

Peach's main special move is pulling a Toad out of her cu---vagina. That's what it looks like anyway.

How the hell haven't I been banned yet?

If someone shits in the woods and no one smells it, doesn't that technically mean no one shat in the first place?

I'm going to dress as Austin Powers for Halloween. No, I'm not reusing a costume from five years ago, who told you that?

Whoever told you that is a real...you know.

Stunt.

Runt.

Hunt.

My dad is a dick.

Rick

Prick

Hick.

Kick.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not on any kind of drugs right now.

I really wanna make out/cuddle with someone. I'm OK with cuddling with dudes as long as you don't smell. Bad.

I have cuddled with a dude before. It was freezing cold, it was for survival.

Does that make me gay?

Hay.

Way.

Pray.

Dick.

Jay.

Fun with Dick and Jane.

Fun with the death of Jim Carrey's career.

I actually met Jim Carrey several months ago.

He was nice.

But then again, I didn't mention how shitty Kick-Ass 2 was, so that's probably why.

If I had mentioned Mr. Popper's Penguins, he probably would've kicked my ass.

I don't think he's actually anti-vaccine.

I think he just pretended to be so he could date Jenny McCarthy.

Where's your fucking integrity, Mr. Grinch?

Like geez, famous people tend to not have much problem finding sex partners.

But then again, if I'd starred in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, I'd be feeling pretty insecure too.

He was the best part of that movie.

Read: the only good thing about that movie.

I actually don't have any issues with Jim Carrey.

He's the only famous person I've ever met.

I think I saw Jennifer Lawrence once, I'm not sure.

I have a huge crush on her.

Weird how these things go.

Emma Watson was the first girl I ever "fell in love" with.

I was seven.

It's weird, she's one of the only famous people who doesn't seem like they're pretending to be a good person.

She had a great talk at the UN.

Her and Jennifer Lawrence seem cool as hell, though.

I feel guilty, because I accidentally saw her naked picture.

One of them, anyway. My friend stuck it in front of my face when I wasn't paying attention.

Bastard knew how much I admire her.

"Yeah, who's the mockingjay now?" My friend thinks he's so clever.

My dad is a dick.

My friend's first comment upon seeing the picture: DAMN look at those tits!"

My first comment: "Whoa, she must exercise and diet a lot to maintain that level of health."

Everyone's response: "What the fuck is wrong with you, man? Just admire the tits!"

Even the girls said that.

I wonder how she feels right now.

Like, "fuck, millions of people are jerking off to my picture right now."

How does that feel? Awful, I bet.

But still, she clearly has a lot of self-discipline in order to maintain her body like that.

Was I wrong? Someone tell me that. Was I wrong?

I think she'd prefer that kind of statement, honestly.

Must be pretty fucking lonely to be famous.

Is "stop teasing me" with a sad emoticon a come-on?

Come on in.

My dad is a dick.

His favorite actress is Angelina Jolie.

His favorite movie starring her is Tomb Raider.

Apparently middle aged men like that movie.

That movie is horrible.

I'm a film student, and the cinematography made me recoil.

I want to be a filmmaker, obviously.

Most people in film school want to be DPs.

Not double penetration, director of photography.

But I want to be a director.

Why? Because I wanna tell stories for a living, goddammit.

I wish I could connect with people.

I wish I could express myself verbally.

I want to tell stories that no one has told before.

Stories that will make people feel less alone.

Because damn is everyone suffering these days.

Jennifer Lawrence, my pervert friend, my dad, me.

The billions of other people out there.

Whoever the hell is reading this.

All suffering.

Emma Watson is probably suffering too.

What a fucking shame.

My dad can suffer a little for being a dick. But not a lot.

I have only been in love twice.

I'm currently in love with two different people.

No, not Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson.

This has gone on for way too long.

Maybe I'll write more later.

My dad is a dick.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by The Wisp on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:03 pm

My random thought: It's funny that Glides would just leave this

I think this girl wants to have sex with me. She's much hotter than me.

in the middle of his giant list, like it's no big deal!

I do admire your overly literal and enthusiastic take on this thread Razz
avatar
The Wisp

Posts : 896
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by UristMcBunny on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Just so you know Glides, we don't moderate swearing here, so you've nothing to worry about for using the word cunt.  We moderate slurs, obviously, and swears when used as part of insults/cruelty towards others, but as far as swearing goes, you're good.

Then again I'm British, and we use cunt more as a form of punctuation than an actual swear here, so it'd be a bit hypocritical of me to judge you for it Razz

_________________
Some of you will know me as Bunny from the old forums.
avatar
UristMcBunny
Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

Posts : 371
Reputation : 116
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Enail on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:13 am

Cunt as slang for a vagina is cool - like Bunny said, we don't moderate swearing. Cunt as slang for a woman (EDIT: as opposed to an insult used for a woman) is not cool, because it's dehumanizing to describe a person only in terms of a sexual body part.

Cunt used as an insult for either gender is not cool, because...well, I think there are probably different reasons people have a problem with it, but my reasons are that, like a lot of slurs used for women, it doesn't have any meaning other than "female, and that's bad for some reason, presumably in some way to do with sex," and because it's a word that, at least in my experience, is mostly used IRL in North America in threatening, aggressive or misogynistic contexts - which is one thing that distinguishes it from 'dick' as an insult.  In the UK, it's a milder insult, more on the level of 'dick,' so I wouldn't necessarily consider it a slur from Brits, depending on usage.  

I'm not a fan of gendered insults in general, but I think 'dick' is not as offensive because it's often used in non-ragey contexts, because it's taken on a specific meaning akin to jerk or asshole, rather than just "male, and that's bad," and because societal misogyny reinforces the power of a female slur, making it stronger. For comparison, the first two points are true also for "bitch," which to me puts it as potentially worse than 'dick,' but not on the level of 'cunt.'

EDIT: In any case, it's not the sort of thing that's likely to be a banning offense, unless it's used in pretty aggressive or misogynistic ways.

Also, Glides, I'm pretty sure what you're saying in the bit about gods is that the version of the Judeo-Christian god who people believe hates..., not that that's what everyone's interpretation of the Judeo-Christian god hates..., but just a reminder that I'm sure quite a few people here believe in the Judeo-Christian god as a figure who accepts and loves, so please do remember that and watch how you express that kind of thing.
avatar
Enail
Admin

Posts : 3266
Reputation : 1559
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Enail wrote:

Also, Glides, I'm pretty sure what you're saying in the bit about gods is that the version of the Judeo-Christian god who people believe hates..., not that that's what everyone's interpretation of the Judeo-Christian god hates..., but just a reminder that I'm sure quite a few people here believe in the Judeo-Christian god as a figure who accepts and loves, so please do remember that and watch how you express that kind of thing.

Well I went with that instead of God specifically, just because saying it like that would then imply that anyone who believes in God is an asshole, and that's not true.

I was using the oldest biblical version to at least indicate that I wasn't trying to diss anyone's perspective of a higher power. Really trying to diss fanaticism, not belief.

I tend to have my ideas come out muddled like that, and I'm still working on it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Coin-op Adjutant on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Marmots are cool.  Especially the ones that come right up to you on nature hikes:
avatar
Coin-op Adjutant

Posts : 12
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum