Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by eselle28 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm

There's nothing like being around two married couples of varying ages and circumstances, all passive-aggressively sniping at each other, to make me remember that there are worse things than being single.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:48 pm

It's curious to bump into a full-fledged shaven-head shirt-with-Stay-Strong-88 self-identifying fascist at a gig and have him abandon the conversation because you know more about extreme right-wing shit than him. I need to revaluate my life(curiously, I had the same thing happen with a far-left type last week).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:40 am

Apparently, I get wide-eyed without realizing it. How do I stop doing something that I'm not even aware of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Sooo how long do I need to wait to get a response now?

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Two pieces of fried chicken looks woefully inadequate when you pull it from the bone and take it for lunch Sad
caliseivy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 am

I bring you the abridged translated tales from a women's magazine forum relationship section. Much slang gets lost in translation, but the situations speak for themselves:

"The husband of my best friend died, while mine got a divorce. She says I have it worse because I have to live with the knowledge that he's having a life without me know, while hers simply died. I disagreed at first, but now I'm wondering if I didn't get as much compassion from friends as I should have gotten."

"I spied through my BF's phone, and I found pictures of naked women. We've been together for two years, I don't even know why he would have those."

"My BF went to Salou with friends to celebrate his graduation, and I tried to force him to not go. He went anyway, so I slept with another guy as revenge, but I had promised him my virginity, so now I'm wondering how you can fake that."

Other tales include a relationship that crashed due to Farmville, a relationship that crashed due to the BF being a picky eater, and a feminist trying to recruit others for a sex boycot until the wage gap is resolved.

Men, if you ever feel that your gender is more emotionally unskilled and worse at communication, visit that type of forum to dispel the notion that this is a strictly gendered thing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnflame on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Suffering from a severe case of staircase wit right now. Dude started getting skeevy and guilt-trippy about getting nudes, and I just said, "Well, have fun with that, bye!" and blocked. How I wish I'd gone about it:

Oh no! I'm breaking out into hives!
Turns out I'm allergic to your guilt-trippy bullshit.
*moonblocks out of there*
Autumnflame

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:30 pm

"moonblocks" Genius, I am stealing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Bass on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 am

Did carrier builders put the bridge on the right because pilots naturally swerve to the left in an emergency, or did pilots start swerving left in an emergency because carrier builders put the bridge on the right?
C-Bass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:05 am

In retrospect, I wonder if I was being self righteous in my comment (I wouldn't enjoy being made fun of because of ignorance either and it's not like I'm not awkward either). I don't fully comprehend the challenges the LW has/had to live through and so, I shouldn't have been so dismissive of him as a person.

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am

Unexpected aspects to cat ownership #274

You now have someone in your life who likes it when you pick their scabs for them, but only if you let them eat the pieces.

Unexpected aspects to cat ownership #275

You will actually find yourself doing it for the poor wee thing's sake.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

View user profile http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:41 am

C-Bass wrote:Did carrier builders put the bridge on the right because pilots naturally swerve to the left in an emergency, or did pilots start swerving left in an emergency because carrier builders put the bridge on the right?

Neither, just an accident of ship configuration on the first examples.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100223212146AAtDr56
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:17 am

Band geeks really seem to have an easy time dating.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 am

The Wisp wrote:Band geeks really seem to have an easy time dating.

Huh, really? That wasn't the case at my school, or at least they didn't invite this particular band geek to the party. Now the theater kids got laid like carpet.

Maybe it's variable depending on where you are?
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:30 am

eselle28 wrote:

Huh, really? That wasn't the case at my school, or at least they didn't invite this particular band geek to the party. Now the theater kids got laid like carpet.

I think it most certainly is. The real obnoxious nerds (or at least I found them to be) from where I went to high school got around pretty frequently and I think they too were also in band. Alas I was maybe too normal for them. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:59 am

eselle28 wrote:
The Wisp wrote:Band geeks really seem to have an easy time dating.

My 18 year-old college freshman brother is a band geek, and yeah, there's a lot of dating in our high school's and college's bands. Don't get me wrong, there doesn't seem to be a ton of partying and hooking up, but there is a lot of dating and relationships.

Both my high school's and university's marching bands were well liked by the student body (though the latter is partially because the football team is terrible Razz), and they were large.

I wonder what the difference is between our schools? I do feel like the wealthy suburban liberal public high school that I went to was is the kind of school that would be friendly to band kids. Maybe that drew a more diverse crowd? Also, the band was basically a large social group unto itself. All the 100+ kids were basically buddy buddy (with the occasional high school drama excepted). Probably that is because we had a large competitive band (they practiced 2-3 times a week, 3 hours per practice, plus eight-ish competitions), it's easier to bond in a more intense environment like that. I don't know if that differs from your experience at all.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:42 am

The Wisp wrote:
My 18 year-old college freshman brother is a band geek, and yeah, there's a lot of dating in our high school's and college's bands. Don't get me wrong, there doesn't seem to be a ton of partying and hooking up, but there is a lot of dating and relationships.

Both my high school's and university's marching bands were well liked by the student body (though the latter is partially because the football team is terrible Razz), and they were large.

I wonder what the difference is between our schools? I do feel like the wealthy suburban liberal public high school that I went to was is the kind of school that would be friendly to band kids. Maybe that drew a more diverse crowd? Also, the band was basically a large social group unto itself. All the 100+ kids were basically buddy buddy (with the occasional high school drama excepted). Probably that is because we had a large competitive band (they practiced 2-3 times a week, 3 hours per practice, plus eight-ish competitions), it's easier to bond in a more intense environment like that. I don't know if that differs from your experience at all.

I went to a medium-sized public high school in a small town. Our band kids mostly hung out with each other, but we tended to veer pretty hard toward nerdy, with the stereotypical teenage nerd pattern where there were lots of boys and lots of girls but they tended not to see each other as appealing dating options. Unrequited interest in non-band kids tended to be more common.

I went to a small college that wasn't really the school spirit sort of place (I don't remember what the mascot was, and don't think I'm alone in that). There was a band, but it wasn't of sufficient size to distinguish its members from the general group of "music students."
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:45 am

I adore weird and novel fringe extremism. Transhumanist feminists who want to reduce the male population to 10% by means of Gattaca meddling, melanine supremacists who get into flamewars whether or not white people were created by Yakub or simply by black ancestors breeding with dogs(hence that meme that bestiality is a white thing), and guydykes(basically cis males who are specifically attracted to lesbians) complaining that they don't get as much attention as the girlfags(cis women who are attracted to gay people), the internet has an endless supply.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 pm

"Who is this random asshole who keeps following me around in game? I'm just trying to level my alt, and this Forsaken bastard won't give me an inch of space. I mean, I guess they're not trying to steal kills or anything, but it's weird.

Wait. Which alt is this again? Oh, the Death Knight. Which means I just creep-shamed my minion."
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Lol, every time I played Diablo my hirelings would wade into battle and get themselves slaughtered. I would even run out of cannon fodder to hire after a while.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Youtube to MP3 sites are my new fav thing.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:37 am

Site? I have a few programs that do it.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 am

This for the short ones: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Dirpy for more advanced tailoring(like ripping individual songs for a Full Album video).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 am

One of the few AC games that features a female assassin and is set in China is being made in 2.5D. Such a shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnflame on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:26 am

crap. i've been catted, and now i can't go to bed.

(and she's being extra adorable about it too, with her head pillowed in the crook of my arm and twitching while dreaming. argh)
Autumnflame

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum