NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:46 am

I'd always thought that Leonidas' mockery of the Athenians for being 'boy lovers' was based in homophobia. But was he also referring to the practice of pederasty?

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by waxingjaney Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:21 am

It could be read either way, but Snyder and/or Butler botched the inflection on that line.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:44 pm

TODAY IS SD COMIC-CON OPEN REG. WISH ME AND MY LITTLE BROTHER LUCK!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Of course giving an inch was a bad move. Lesson: always double down, never apologize, tribalism for the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:35 pm

This is probably the ONLY song by Muse I like. Otherwise, I don't like Muse. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Being able to see when I swim is... different.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:41 am

I want to find media binging problematic, but I haven't decided why.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Is my phone going to make it into March? It can't seem to decide.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Young man gets on the bus. Football jacket, gym bag. We'd know what he is without them. The bus is too small for him, like his undershirt, like the rest of the world.

A woman gets on the bus. It's crowded now. Too many to move, so I stand and watch. She chooses a place to stand that is right up close to a man, facing him. He says nothing, does nothing. Doesn't seem to be what she wants. She has buttons on the outside of her backpack. City council of geeks, says one. The five Star Trek buttons agree. So does the one featuring Link, the one with the Dark Horse and Star Wars symbols, the one with the Avengers icon, the one with an image of Rogue.

An elderly woman sits in front of me, an alert middle-aged man having abdicated the spot just in time. Her ebook glows with the word "leadership" repeated tediously on almost every page. Third one this week with a book like that. Second woman this week. Nth white person, for N people I've ever seen with such books. Probably a fine person. Competent. Capable. Also white, and visibly wealthy.

Two young men, crucifix necklaces resting on conventionally attractive chests. Somehow I don't think the crucifices are for entirely religious purposes in this case. Should get along with biker woman behind me, with her open leather jacket and low-cut black shirt. Right?

Older couple. Black man, white woman. He's telling a story and the story is about some kind of sports team doing yellowface "jokes". It's clear he disapproves and the laughter is because they agree.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Twitter trolls catfishing ISIS members, and the ISIS members' DMs are almost impossible to discern from the messages the gal's OKC account I'm babysitting get. I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:32 pm

Apparently I believe in niche protection in relationships as well as gaming? The heck, brain/feels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm

For the third time this week, Richard Marx was playing on the radio when I started my car. Motherfucker really was right there waiting for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I unintentionally sniped a wasp out of the air with a slice of tomato after the thing fly in my face while eating a burger.

If I didn't do it out of sudden shock horror, I'd be pleased with myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 pm

MapWater wrote:I unintentionally sniped a wasp out of the air with a slice of tomato after the thing fly in my face while eating a burger.

I think we can all agree that the true sign of The Chosen One is not the ability to pull swords from stones or speak in ancient tongues but the ability to wield a tomato as a melee weapon.

"To MapWater, Destroyer Of Wasps!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 pm

I wish it was that amazing, but I just swiped at it with the hand I had the burger in and the wasp flew away in such a perfect direction that a slice of tomato that flew from the burger battered the the thing. Laughing

But one should never underestimate the power of the humble tomato.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:13 am

I feel like a failure that I don't make enough milk to feed my baby. And I never expected to feel this way. I wanted to breastfeed but knew that if it didn't work out, that was fine.

Except, I don't feel fine. I feel like I'm missing out on something; I feel guilty; I feel sad. And it's not like she isn't getting anything from me. I do pump what I can. But sometimes I cry about it all being via bottle. Which is probably hormones because I'm not a crier.

I get mad at people who say, "I formula fed my baby and s/he's fine!" Yes, I know. But it doesn't make me feel better. And I get mad at people who act like I didn't try hard enough. And I get mad at people who want to talk about how they're making just ever so much milk. And I get mad at people who say things like, "Well, at least you're making more than I did." None of that makes me feel any better about it.

I was supposed to be okay with this. I'd decided I'd be okay with this before she was born. I was taking a logical approach to it all. My response is not logical. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Şişko patates is my favorite term for chubby animals
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 pm

Of the sixteen people working in my office building, four are women. One is the entire HR department, one is the entire secretarial staff (plus she does our grocery shopping for us), one is a Web developer, and one is the VP of Engineering.

And we are, all of us, White. Carbs and proteins, living fat.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Homeless man camped out on the sidewalk shouts: "cats and dogs do it every day; why don't we?"

Not sure whether he is talking about sex or shitting in public.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:36 am

After spending all day being incredibly down on dating, I was feeling kind of sorry for tonight's date because I suspected i'd be cranky. I was also feeling a bit resigned, because mentioning a recent divorce in the messaging phase has an incredibly high correlation with being a lousy date. But I wasn't and he wasn't, and it was actually really fun.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:44 am

Wondering wrote: ....I was taking a logical approach to it all. My response is not logical. Sigh.

I'm not sure if it's any comfort, but that seems logical to me. Sad I mean, I'd feel similar too, I think. When you feel like you can't meet expectations you set for yourself, it hurts. And feeling like you've failed as a woman, oof. Jedi hugs for you.

For the random thought of the day;
Realized I've never used my TV for cable for the last 2 years. I play VG, and I watch shows online; I don't get BBC so I can't watch my stories Sad I still feel a bit weird about it though? I never know what commercials are going on and I miss a lot of memes
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 am

Just like in high-school, it seems that my workplace culture is somewhat passively homophobic like the rest of mainstream society. It feels like this is the only place I know that isn't homophobic.

Had a strange mini dream last night where I didn't have a beard anymore. And instead of having a beard shadow that is expected after having shaved, I find that the skin underneath my beard has turned into a pale, milky white....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:25 pm

I always wondered wtf the deal was with smoking after sex.

I think I'm gonna make it a thing to have a glass of milk vodka after sex once I start. Get you real sharp and ready for a bit of the old... ultra-violence.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Now that Glides seems to be gone, I've realize that I'm the baby of this forum. Weird.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm

The Wisp wrote:Now that Glides seems to be gone, I've realize that I'm the baby of this forum. Weird.

Yeah, I guess you are, but not by much. I'm exactly four months older than you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum