NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by kath Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:56 am

There wasn't a ton of dating in my highschool band (although my friends who just got married after being together 12 years did meet in band at age 15). My husband was in junior high band with me, but we didn't start dating while both of us were in band.

One of my best buddies who was also in band went to Queens and was in marching band there, and that marching band seems to be a really, really hard-partying marching band. I also got the lots of sex impression, but that may not be so.

kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 am

Fuck yeah!
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 Tumblr_murybbqnFi1r6hhu1o1_500

I also like this art for how well it captures his vulnerability:
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 12d478e69e7537dd82476fd9acb58df2

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 pm

The idea of separate ideology scores like that ChristCenteredGamer website seems actually a great idea. Less half-assed freshman Gender Studies dude, more community-forged criteria on the basis of inclusivity(representation and screen time of characters), sensitivity(are taboo topics handled with the proper gravity and research), stereotyping(are characters properly fleshed out, are the enemies a faceless horde) and progressiveness(solutions to moral problems in the game are actually well-founded and inventive).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 pm

HermitTheToad wrote:Fuck yeah!

I also like this art for how well it captures his vulnerability:

Why do you think I have him as an avatar lol

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:31 am

I would like to coin the phrase "using their powers for stupid" to be applied whenever characters use their special abilities in idiotic ways.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:57 am

Your quintessential male anxiety:
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 Tumblr_mufhyuXkue1qcrds3o2_r1_500

The problem with masturbation: "I really--I don't feel good. I.....masturbated too recently, you know? That kind of--you know, it's bad to like jerk off and run out the door, 'cause you run into somebody, "oh, she knows," like, you're just--you got to take some time alone to get a-- process the shame."- Louis C.K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:40 pm

Every time we get an opportunity to get a jump on things, something comes up to prevent that. First my health, then the baby's health, now your job. We're treading water and not drowning, at least, but I wish we could swim forward. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 am

Damn, Zhu Li knows how to BOSS.

Anyone else enjoyed "The Death of Wolverine"?

That reminds me:
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 4 All+the+avengers+oc+by+a+friend+who+had+way_3b71f9_3765927

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Guys, I just thought of something.

Jennifer Lawrence's nude pictures got leaked after she started dating that guy from Coldplay.

That dude from Coldplay used to date Gwyneth Paltrow.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lawrence have both won Oscars.

The Academy Awards usually go to actresses who do nude scenes.

Jennifer Lawrence has never done a nude scene in a movie.

It's official: that guy from Coldplay is the hacker known as 4chan.

Half Life 3 confirmed, guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:38 am

It's unfortunate that I'm most interested in two fields that require almost no empirical research. I could use a research assistant job right about now.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:02 am

Glides wrote:Guys, I just thought of something.

Jennifer Lawrence's nude pictures got leaked after she started dating that guy from Coldplay.

That dude from Coldplay used to date Gwyneth Paltrow.

Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lawrence have both won Oscars.

The Academy Awards usually go to actresses who do nude scenes.

Jennifer Lawrence has never done a nude scene in a movie.

It's official: that guy from Coldplay is the hacker known as 4chan.

Half Life 3 confirmed, guys.

Razz

(obviously its not true)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:28 pm

... two French dudes in a row, or rather one French dude and one "French" dude (who immediately disabled his account, and also his French was so atrocious even I, with my last French study in high school, could recognize it was bad) (unless it's the French equivalent of "sup u soooo hotttt," I guess, which I wouldn't have any familiarity with).

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 pm

As someone who studied French back at school too, I kinda want to see how terribad the guy's French was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Beard or no beard?

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Filling out job applications is sometimes a lot like filling out an OKCupid profile. Right, how do I communicate my personal sense of humor in fifty words or less?
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:34 pm

"Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 30 second(s) before replying or posting."

0_0

Back to top Go down

Post by readertorider Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:Filling out job applications is sometimes a lot like filling out an OKCupid profile. Right, how do I communicate my personal sense of humor in fifty words or less?

I've been searching for work since before I graduated and the whole thing feels like a stereotypical dating experience. Interviewing the company to make sure they're a good fit for me, understanding that it may not be me but my location, or others being more qualified, or other people having connections. Feeling like it probably is my fault anyway. Hoping that I'm just coming across as overly qualified. Trying to figure out how to display myself to the best advantage. Sending hundreds of individually crafted cover letters into the void...
readertorider
readertorider

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:10 am

What do you call those cookies that are basic white sugar cookies with a shiny, hard-ish glaze of frosting on top? I love those things!
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Barretts_Salt Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:08 am

The Wisp wrote:What do you call those cookies that are basic white sugar cookies with a shiny, hard-ish glaze of frosting on top? I love those things!

I'm intrigued.  I tried some basic Googling, but all I'm getting is "sugar cookie" and/or "hard glaze."  Are they seasonal, like for a specific holiday?  Or from a particular ethnicity's bakery/traditional family's recipe?  E.g. the cookies I might pick up from Larsen's (Danish as in founder learned his craft in Copenhagen) differ from Borrachini's (Italian).

Barretts_Salt
Barretts_Salt

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:19 am

The Wisp wrote:What do you call those cookies that are basic white sugar cookies with a shiny, hard-ish glaze of frosting on top? I love those things!

Something purchased or something homemade? I can't think of anything in stores like that. My mother makes something of that description that we just call sugar cookies.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:28 am

I see those in the grocery bakery as "glazed sugar cookie" or "decorated sugar cookie"... maybe they have another, more exotic name, though. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:38 pm

I love my brother, usually he's pretty good about being a decent human being, but a post he put up with a quote likely from some other clueless guy about the "perfect" relationship commenting that if he found that woman he'd marry her has gotten under my skin for reasons I'm not sure are actually a big deal. Not sure if he was joking or not, but don't feel like I can say anything because I can't justify my issue.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 am

I have a pattern in channeling frustrations at own failures to make a move into encouraging other hesitant folks to actually do so, and it pays off every time. Which is great and all, but the Next Time, Gadget vibe is starting to get old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:55 am

If the Joker were real, would he kill/maim comedians out of jealousy?

I envy people who convey feelings through words well, and then put a humorous spin on it (Lookin' at you Louis C.K.). I imagine that it must feel so satisfying to get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:22 pm

I hate shopping. Even video game shopping, but especially grocery shopping.
Can't decide which I hate more: grocery shopping, or clothes shopping.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum