Re: Erased/Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Episode 4 is out Grin

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:40 pm

What site are you using? I'm not finding 4 yet.

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm not streaming it <_<

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Ep 4

Spoiler:

WHY

ARE

YOU

DOING

THIS

TO

US

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:49 pm

ep 4:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOO

OOOOOO

Crying

Mom-san saving the day Shiny/thrilled ->  "it's nice having friends" Lovestruck  -> "Is Kayo the only one who's late?" pale

Fucking rollercoasterrrrrrr.

But seriously, why does Kenya keep spending all this time in the teacher's lounge.

Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Just found it on Gogo Anime.

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Episode 4:
For a while there, I thought it was going to land up being the pigtailed girl instead because she went off alone that one day. And then Hinazuki made that promise and I could just. see. it coming and auuuuughh can't stop it because it's a tv show and I don't have that power arglepjiajbajfhghhhhh.

So, do y'all think next episode will be back to the present, or will it reset to before her disappearance again or will he still be stuck in this past that's already gone wrong?

Also, Mom-san is a badass.  Heart

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Spoiler:

I think Kenya was co-ordinating with Teacher-kun to set up the double-birthday scenario. They learned of Hinazuki's birthday through that, and they got Hinazuki and Satoru doing school chores on the day to delay them.

The pigtailed girl likes Satoru. During that "flirt-with-the-teacher" moment, she said "He thinks I'm a thief. And so do you." She probably set up Hinazuki so he'd stop liking her.

Also Hinazuki's mother is probably a prostitute and that older brother or the guy living with them is an alcoholic :/

Been close-watching the last two eps and checking back. The killer's physical profile when he downs Mom is reallllly close to Teacher-kun. However his eye colour is dark and hasn't done the "hazel to death-red" yet. Also when he's abducting the girl in the park in the first episode, he looks shorter in stature than Teacher-kun. Also Teacher-kun would be near-50 by now, he seems a little young-looking for the killer. However him and Satoru share the same mental age. And why wouldn't he still be a teacher in 2006?

Also, X-Day. "What went wrong." The last time Hinazuki appears to have been seen, she was 10 years old, however that doesn't preclude her from skipping class on her birthday and then disappearing later :/

I think we're heading back to 2006 sometime soon, there's too much that's still being left out (Mom knew who the killer was, her flashback indicated groceries and sunglasses with the red eye, she'd contacted someone and now she know she worked for the news as some kind of reporter or something, they made a point of showing the teenage girl noticing Satoru leaving his magazine behind and the co-worker keeping an eye on him, the note that dropped when Mom came home).

IS IT NEXT THURSDAY YET

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Hours later and I'm still jacked up by this show

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Spoiler:
I think next ep will be part 1988, part 2006. But I can't wait to see how that works, like is he just gonna have to spend another 18 years in this doomed timeline where Hinazuki is dead and THEN have another revival once he hits dead-mom point? Side-eye

Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:03 pm

Spoiler:
I think he'll have to jump forward then revive again all the way back, it sort of doesn't fit the feel of the show to me to have him live his whole life again to dead-mom point. Although if he did that, things would be quite a lot different in the modern timeline unless he gave up completely after Hinazuki disappeared.

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:52 pm

It's almost 9 hours after watching the episode, I'm finally "coming down" off of it <_<

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:56 pm

NEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDD

(no, truth, this show is good, been thinking about that ep all day)

edit:
Spoiler:

Enail wrote:Although if he did that, things would be quite a lot different in the modern timeline unless he gave up completely after Hinazuki disappeared.
I dunno, one of the most striking things about #4 was how despite his conscious intervention, the timeline kept re-merging with the original one at critical points like in the science center. Maybe there are places where there's only one time stream, and everything between 1988 and 2006 is one of them (especially if there IS no way to stop the kidnapmurders). Uh-oh

Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Werel wrote:
Spoiler:

Enail wrote:Although if he did that, things would be quite a lot different in the modern timeline unless he gave up completely after Hinazuki disappeared.
I dunno, one of the most striking things about #4 was how despite his conscious intervention, the timeline kept re-merging with the original one at critical points like in the science center. Maybe there are places where there's only one time stream, and everything between 1988 and 2006 is one of them (especially if there IS no way to stop the kidnapmurders). Uh-oh
Spoiler:
Ohh, that's a good point. Or maybe there's no way to stop the past ones, but by trying to change things or by learning from the past, he could still stop the modern one and his mom's murder. Like, the power only affects things that have happened recently enough to not be set in stone, which is why he usually only goes back a few minutes, but in this case there's something he needs from the past to be able to do that, so he's going further back than he has the power to change.

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 am

Spoiler:

So there's a thing about his powers: they don't seem to fix things as much as take him to the root of them and then redirect them.

First usage, he prevented a child from getting hit by a truck, and he got hit by a car instead.

Second usage, he indirectly prevented the abduction and murder of a child, and his mother got noticed and murdered instead

If you notice when he Revival'ed, it was not when his mother died or when he discovered his mother's murder, it was when the police were there and he was framed for the murder. The root was his mother being involved in the investigation enough to suspect and recognize the murderer... so to prevent the framing for murder, he has to redirect the murder accusations and maybe can't prevent the murders? :/

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:54 am

Spoiler:
Oh jeez, that would be brutal. But then why would he need to go so far back in time to redirect the murder accusation?

If it's to stop Yuuki from being convicted for it so that the real killer (assuming it isn't him, this show is harsh enough that it could land up that he really did do it Uh-oh ) won't have been able to escape back then, that should avert the modern murders, shouldn't it? Unless it's not the same person in the past and in the present, they're just linked to one another in such a way that changing something about the one situation has effects on the later one. Or if it just makes it easier to find the real killer in the present...

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:21 am

Spoiler:

The previous revivals gave him enough time to spot the problem beforehand, so perhaps this revival needed him to integrate back into his young life long enough before he could spot the problem.

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:19 pm

OH SNAP

EP 5
Spoiler:

Well, that answers how he's gonna get back to 2006. Guess it can happen forwards too? Presumably he's now going to have a Revival to save Airi (I hope No), which would work as a device to give him another shot at saving Kayo, and hopefully Mom, because please lord let him manage to save at least ONE person...

Interesting that he did manage to change the time stream enough to make her 11 at death, so not everything is locked in. Was the second girl who disappeared in the new timeline one of the original abductees, or a new one?

Also, uh, why does Airi keep using Kayo's catchphrase? Side-eye

Those mittens in the trash. Sad

edit: this topic is worthy of my 1000th post Cool

Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:44 am

Ep 5

Spoiler:

Aight, watched twice, some theories and details incoming

Spoiler:

- First off, FUCK OFF KILLER(S)
- Second off, Kenya always has his eyes on Satoru in the classroom, Pigtails girl is always looking away from him
- Did you notice The Last Supper hanging on Manager-kun's wall? He tried to turn in Satoru and probably lead Katagiri to her death silent
- Gloves and hands, man. Sad
- So I read the first chapter of the manga a few weeks ago before deciding not to read anymore because the manga was changing a few things up and it might spoil even if I was following along... but one thing that stood out was that back in ep 1 when Katagiri was talking about her dreams and Satoru said "That resonates with me", the manga made it out more that it reminded Satoru of something or jogged his memory, which we now know was from Hinazuki saying something similar to him as a child. Now we're back in the future and Katagiri is asking him if he's stupid. Similar girls.
- Also Katagiri cried when she read about Hinazuki dying, and she has red-cry marks around her eyes
- Our killer suspect in the future goes by the name "Mr Nishizono" and Teacher-kun is "Yashiro-sensei." Teacher-kun fits the physical profile more, fits the age profile of this Nishizono, similar voices (Nishizono's being more aged and husky)... and Teacher-kun was in a convenient spot. The killer's MO is to commit a murder and then have it be blamed on someone else to cover his tracks... I'm thinking Hinazuki's mother and her boyfriend didn't kill Hinazuki, but they found her body and knew that they would be blamed for it because of the suspicion that Hinazuki's mother abused her. Teacher-kun knew what was happening in the Hinazuki household, and had it confirmed by Satoru ("She beats her on Saturdays."). Who would be around children enough that they'd know how to interact with them? It's gotta be him.
- Speaking of gloves and hands, what's a signature gesture of Teacher-kun? Clapping his hands to get the kids attention silent
- Also Katagiri may or may not have a super-cute butt <_<
- Also also, a friend pointed this out, if they find Katagiri's phone, it will implicate Satoru even more that the message came from his mother's phone

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:27 am

OH MY FUCKING FUCK, the director of BokuDake was an assistant director on Death Note x_x

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Episode 5:

God, those mittens in the trash. Crying

Is it just me, or is the whole town conspiring to keep the kids all from knowing what happened kind of creepy? And then the teacher telling Satoru enough for him to know she was murdered if he hadn't already known, there's something off about that, and the way he's handled things all along. It always seems like he's trying to lead Satoru to something. I agree that he's looking like the top pick for the killer. And I'm kind of wondering if Kenya might also be someone who has Revivals or something, he always seems to be paying more attention and knowing more than other kids, just like Satoru.

He's got to get to go back to save Katagiri if he doesn't right now in the current timeline - there's a shot of him with the burning building and a rescue-y sort of look about him in the OP (okay, I suppose he could just be shown about to fail to save her, but noooooooooooooooo).

What was with the lapel pin? I don't think it's an image we've seen before, is it? It's the sort of thing that suggests a cult or conspiracy direction.

Not that I'm not glad that Katagiri believes him and is so unwaveringly sure of it, but her reason for believing him is pretty flimsy, and that she even knows that she's believing him because she wants to... She doesn't have our audience-powers to know he's the good guy, she is waaaaaay too trusting. I'm going to choose to believe she's just really good at reading people's trustworthiness rather than that she goes around having total confidence in murder suspects she barely knows all the time Uh-oh

Also, being falsely accused of having stolen a chocolate bar --> job loss, divorce and leaving forever?!  That better be one hell of a chocolate bar.

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 am

Enail wrote:
Episode 5:

What was with the lapel pin? I don't think it's an image we've seen before, is it? It's the sort of thing that suggests a cult or conspiracy direction.

Spoiler:

It's a Japanese government badge-type thing. Here's the IRL Prime Minister of Japan wearing his

Spoiler:

Also, being falsely accused of having stolen a chocolate bar --> job loss, divorce and leaving forever?!  That better be one hell of a chocolate bar.

Spoiler:

Japan can be pretty hardcore about public image. People have lost their jobs or been demoted or heavily suspended and stuff for cheating on their spouses and getting caught.

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:50 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

It's a Japanese government badge-type thing. Here's the IRL Prime Minister of Japan wearing his

Spoiler:
Oh, was it a chrysanthemum? I'd thought it was a different flower or even some other circular symbol, something more obscure or something not used IRL at all. I was watching it on pretty small size and I'm just getting over an eye infection (again!), so I'll take your word over mine  Laughing

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Spoiler:

I don't remember if they used that specific design (I think they did) but yeah, they were making sure the audience knew from that and from the way Nishizono talked that he's some kind of government official

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Spoiler:
Heh, I took it as a "look, he's inflitrated the government and replaced it with his own symbol" kind of thing. I'm glad it's not, though, that seemed like a weird kind of twist for this show. Now I'm kind of wondering whet else I was seeing wrong Uh-oh

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum