Erased/Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Erased/Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Post by Werel on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:06 am

rofl Please do, this is the highest quality anime opinions cage match I've ever seen
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:01 pm

My friends.

Thursday is upon us
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Ep 8

STRESS

AND

FEELS
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:48 pm

This show is like an emotional purple nurple every single week. Run in circles flail

ep 8:
WELL AT LEAST I'M GLAD SATORU TOOK MY ADVICE FROM LAST WEEK

The hardest parts of this show to watch are the happy ones. Them mittens, that bath, that curry. Augh.

Goddamn, Mom-san is amazing. Yokai. Shiny/thrilled

How did you know Kayo was safe, Teacher-kun. Who are you on the phone with, Teacher-kun. Who. You motherfucker.

I am disturbed that I have only now noticed how much, in the intro, Satoru looks like Killer and their faces are deliberately paralleled. Uh-oh
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Ep 8

Spoiler:

- I love how the stress level went from "OH NO, KAYO" and then "Whew, I guess that wasn't the Killer" to "OH GOD IT WAS THE KILLER"
- We finally got the knit mittens. ;_;
- Dat pass-by of Aya Nakanishi. Please save her too Sad
- Seeeeeeeeee, mom was a risk, so she wasn't Plan A, even though she's a demon and knew he would be giving his lunchbox to Kayo.
- Good god, just tear my heart out and let it bleed it's last drops @ Kayo finally understanding what being loved and taken care of is like. The breakfast might be one of the most heart-breaking things I think I've ever seen in anything
- I very badly want the Teacher to be innocent because he's trying so hard to help them, but he's just so sinister (notice how he entered the Hinazuki household illegally, and kind of cased the joint out, and when he was using his adult voice with Child Services instead of his higher pitched talking-to-kids voice, he sounded like Nishizono, and he's refused police involvement twice now)
- And Kenya led them to the Killer's fucking hideout
- AGHHHH WHY DID YOU END THERE

Werel wrote:
ep 8:

How did you know Kayo was safe, Teacher-kun. Who are you on the phone with, Teacher-kun. Who. You motherfucker.

Spoiler:

Dude caught onto Kenya and Satoru giving each other knowing glances in class, and questioned why Satoru was so calm. I think he figured it out. May have noticed Satoru listening in on him and child services too.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:01 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:
Dude caught onto Kenya and Satoru giving each other knowing glances in class, and questioned why Satoru was so calm. I think he figured it out. May have noticed Satoru listening in on him and child services too.
Spoiler:
Yeah, but he seemed awfully certain, like way more certain than an adult who suspects that some 11-year-olds have a dumbass plan to fix a serious situation that's way over their heads.

It also seemed kinda like he was looking for specific things in Hinazuki's house, and like he was somewhat familiar with the layout of the place already, AND he's in an extremely good position to be aware of Yuuki's friendship with specific kids in his class and thus to frame him, buuuuuuut surely it being Sensei would be too obvious. Uh-oh
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Spoiler:

Did I mention that you could see a full frontal view of Killer-in-the-Future's face during the intro, and it's not the scene you referenced before when they interpose part of his face over Satoru's? Uh-oh

Also... I saw some speculation that Aya Nakanishi mentioning "just have courage (aka yuuki)" to a friend meant that Yuuki may be hanging around other local kids
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Episode 8:
My heart can't take this! Werel, you're so right about the happy moments being the hardest to watch, we finally got an episode where nothing awful happens, and it just about made me cry. Kayo finally finished the mittens! And mom-san, sending the bento, totally on top of everything, putting her hands on Kayo's shoulders while she cries, just...yes Crying Though, damn, that retroactive fear when he finds what's in the box!

I thought the teacher and mom-san might have been discussing things even before Satoru brought Kayo home, and that's how he knew, her phrasing when she called him didn't seem like it was the first time they'd talked about it.

And the killer can't be Kenya now, unless the person who came to the bus wasn't actually the killer (an accomplice? could someone in his family be the killer and he suspects it?)  or unless it's somehow grownup Kenya physically travelled back in time. Both of those seem like they're getting too farfetched  Uh-oh)

I wonder if we're going to get to know Aya as well, or if it's just Kayo whose personal life is so entangled in these murders, Hiromi doesn't seem to be.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Spoiler:

I think Satoru's general feeling is that preventing Kayo's death prevents the others. Hiromi was only killed to alter the police's psych profile and suspect list, and Aya was only killed because no one caught onto Killer after Kayo

Or at least I hope so. Have courage guys, we're going to save them all Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

I think Satoru's general feeling is that preventing Kayo's death prevents the others. Hiromi was only killed to alter the police's psych profile and suspect list, and Aya was only killed because no one caught onto Killer after Kayo

Spoiler:

But there's still enough episodes left that there could be room to go into some more depth on other characters, find out how they're tied in more deeply. (I'd like to see more development of Yuuki, too, it seems like there could be more to learn about him). Also enough episodes that something's going to go devastatingly wrong and break our hearts again No

Spoiler:

Or at least I hope so. Have courage guys, we're going to save them all Sad

You'd better be right, I'm going to hold you to that Sad
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Spoiler:

Gotta save 'em all Crying

Enail wrote:I thought the teacher and mom-san might have been discussing things even before Satoru brought Kayo home, and that's how he knew, her phrasing when she called him didn't seem like it was the first time they'd talked about it.
I agree that Mom has been talking about Kayo with somebody, maybe Teacher, and that Teacher was making plans with Mom to show up at Hinazuki's house at the end of the ep (and maybe bring CPS to witness Mrs. Hinazuki's reaction to Kayo coming home). But "My name is Yashiro, and I'm calling about Kayo-chan"? Who the hell would he be calling, immediately after ascertaining Kayo's whereabouts, who doesn't know Teacher, but knows Kayo?  Side-eye

...besides Yuuki? I need to know more about him.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Ep 9

Spoiler:

WE'RE GOING. TO SAVE. THEM ALL.

NO BULLY-GIRL DON'T GET UP AND FOLLOW
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:00 pm

ep 9:
It's actually a we who's gonna save them all be at enormous personal risk now, too. No

Sensei's glove box full of candy is too hilariously sinister to actually be incriminating, right? No

And of course they couldn't give us ten damn minutes of relief after saving Kayo, gotta immediately go to anxiety DEFCON 5 over Hiromi. No

No Damn No this No show No
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Spoiler:

Had it pointed out on reddit, Kayo has the abusive father's eyes :/

I think the show realizes we think Yashiro is the #1 suspect now, so they're going heavy on it to either really drive it home for the "AHA, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG" big reveal, or to set up the biggest red herring of all. The original parking lot abduction involved Killer bribing the little girl with ice cream, so candy fits the MO. However, he's got a legit reason for having the candy.The Killer cleared out the bus after Satoru told Yashiro they were using it as a secret base. But, Sachiko had enough of a creepy vibe off of Killer to remember him 18 years later, and she's getting no weirdo vibe off of Yashiro-sensei. Also also also, Yashiro got a little twitchy and nervous about the candy (and the napkin/chloroform rag...)... but didn't get twitchy when Satoru revealed the Bus/Killer's secret base thing.

I really want Yashiro to be innocent and a bro, but GOD DAMMIT they're not making it easy Sad

And now, bully-chan is probably gonna get off'ed because history redirects Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Late to the party as usual.

Episode 9:
Two episodes in a row where nothing bad happens?? What awful thing are they setting us up for??

Mom-san is pretty amazingly compassionate.

I've been worried about the bully girl since ages ago, I think she might get killed too. They've shown her alone quite a bit.

Kenya didn't do anything suspicious or weirdly knowledgeable this episode.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Episodes 8 and 9:
Damn you successful build up of suspense. Episode 8 had me on the edge of my seat waiting for the other shoe to drop. Seeing Kayo with Mom in the bath and then at breakfast had me close to tears. I'm not sure if I should keep up with this show week to week or just wait until the end. Either way I get beat around the feelings T_T
Aggrax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Keep up with it! Suffer with the rest of us! Run in circles flail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Watch week-to-week. The tension of the cliffhangers and the ability to think between episodes and consider and reconsider possible clues is as much part of the experience as actually watching the plot Grin

Also we've only got three weeks left anyways
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Yeahhhhh, white-knuckle through the cliffhangers and watch week to week! MISERY LOVES COMPANY Wink
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:46 am

THURSDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Run in circles flail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:36 pm

GODDAMMIT
ep 10:

HOW COULD IT ACTUALLY BE HIM AAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHH

I hate getting the gratification of "oh, so that's why we've been having to see this banner about ice hockey championships" and "oh, so that's why there's a flood in the school in the intro" in the midst of all this face-clawing

And that opening scene with Aya Nakanishi is very much in the "happy moments are torture to watch in this show" vein. It was maybe the most kid-like scene so far and it was like putting salt in your eyes.

UGHHHHHH AND IS KENYA REALLY HIS PROTEGE
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 am

Spoiler:

AGGHHGHGHGHHGH YASHIRO YOU FUCKING EVIL JSKFJSL SJFKLSJFLKSJFLKSJFLKS
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:40 am

Werel wrote:GODDAMMIT
ep 10:

And that opening scene with Aya Nakanishi is very much in the "happy moments are torture to watch in this show" vein.

Spoiler:

Fucking Kenya getting thrown for a loop that she was more well-read than him, and that the hideout was a super serious deal Laughing
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum