Ajin: Demi-Human

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ajin: Demi-Human

Post by bomaye on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Spoiler:

HE STARTS WITH A BAD GUY LAUGH AND THEN IT TURNS INTO A KID ON A ROLLERCOASTER LAUGH AS THE BUILDING IS GOING DOWN

MAXIMUM THRILL

IT'S SHOWTIME
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Is episode 12 going to deliver more thrills, or can I just roll over and go to sleep now?
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 pm

It will deliver more thrills Grin Grin Grin
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:48 pm

ep 12 = more thrills:

-Just... this whole episode. Adrenaline mode.
-The Hat. The Hat. The Hat. The Hat. The Hat. Shiny/thrilled
-Shooting him dead over and over. This is a good plan. If only there were enough people and guns to keep him dead.
-Goddamn Tanaka's IBM moves fast silent
-Shooting the gun was such a good idea, too bad it was too late
-Oh my god THE DRONE AND THE HELICOPTER  Surprised Where are the cops' drones?? (Also I'm now just terrified to ever get in a fragile ol' helicopter, everyone has drones these days Run in circles flail)
-"Whew, I'm beat." HIS ICE COOLNESS GIVES ME SHIVERS Shudder

This fucking Sato. He's a pretty top notch villain.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 pm

STOP BEING SO FAST, WEREL!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 pm

TOO MUCH PEER PRESSURE HUH? Okay, okay, I'll wait for you to catch up before episode 13. Razz
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

That might be a little while still, but I will ganbaru my best! Or you can just go ahead and watch and I'll shake my fist at you helplessly Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 am

Werel wrote:
ep 12 = more thrills:

-Goddamn Tanaka's IBM moves fast silent

Spoiler:

I loved how the joke went from "Oh that Tanaka, can't hit the broad-side of a- OH MY GOD THOSE AREN'T BULLET HOLES Shudder Shudder Shudder "

Spoiler:

-"Whew, I'm beat." HIS ICE COOLNESS GIVES ME SHIVERS Shudder

Spoiler:

And how they just fucking let him walk. They destroyed a news chopper, massacred a Counter terrorist force, and dropped a skyscraper on a corporate headquarters, and he's just casually walking away.

Also, how'd you like the ending where it tied back into Kei? I was kind of like "Whew, where do we go from he- OH SHIT KEI'S FUCKED NOW"
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Ep. 10:

-If the emotional state of the Ajin at resurrection can produce multiple IBMs, and presumably there's therefore a link between the ghost and the Ajin's emotional state in general, I wonder if the reason Kei has so much trouble with his ghost is that he's so deeply disconnected from his emotions. He doesn't like or even acknowledge it when his own actions are based on emotion, why would his ghost obediently follow them?
-Kei is mean to his ghost Sad  (Also, he poisons people and holds them captive in upturned trucks, but who's counting  Shrug )
-Ghost doesn't want to?  Surprised Does this thing have independent feelings?!?  
-Tosaki's sympathetic backstory shit did nothing for me, but watching him cornered and fighting has gotten me rooting for him a fair bit.
-That was a creepily good apology/explanation Kei gave the two village guys, but you know he must have had a backup plan if they didn't accept it. Kei's scary. I'm starting to look forward to a showdown between him and Satou, he might be able to give him a run for his money. Though I'm not sure either of them winning would be a good thing  Uh-oh
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:10 pm

ep 10:

Enail wrote:-If the emotional state of the Ajin at resurrection can produce multiple IBMs, and presumably there's therefore a link between the ghost and the Ajin's emotional state in general, I wonder if the reason Kei has so much trouble with his ghost is that he's so deeply disconnected from his emotions. He doesn't like or even acknowledge it when his own actions are based on emotion, why would his ghost obediently follow them?
Oooooh, damn, that's a good point. The only thing the IBM seems to reproduce consistently is the need to pee, which even sociopaths experience in full. Razz

ep 12:

bomaye wrote:Also, how'd you like the ending where it tied back into Kei? I was kind of like "Whew, where do we go from he- OH SHIT KEI'S FUCKED NOW".
I was a little glad to see Kei lose his comfy life built on lies Uh-oh

But I liked how it happened. Especially poor old Kita losing his pension for the second time. Terrorists never think about the stock prices Disapproving
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Werel wrote:
ep 10:

Oooooh, damn, that's a good point. The only thing the IBM seems to reproduce consistently is the need to pee, which even sociopaths experience in full. Razz

rofl
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:53 pm

By the power of peer pressure, episode 11!:

-Holy shit, how did they know Tosaki would call in drain equipment, they shouldn't even have known he knows they're weak to water - just a lucky guess, or is Ogura in it with them?! I've been thinking all along it's suspicious how relaxed he was about being tortured, who but an Ajin is that cool about bodily harm?
-Things started being a lot more interesting once we swapped out Kei for Kou as the protagonist, Kei makes a pretty good semi-villain.
-And now shachou has a nice waterfall backdrop for his office! Grin
-He took down a building on top of it. For his opening move. He took down a fucking building on top of it while he's standing on the roof, laughing the whole way down. NOW THAT IS A VILLAIN Shiny/thrilled
-Collateral damage: his hat fell off his head for a minute there. Laughing
-That scene of him advancing calmly through the smoke
SHOW TIME Shiny/thrilled

What a great episode!  Werel, I'm probably going to try and watch 12 and 13 tomorrow (for me, that's an incredible pace!), so you can stop holding yourself back out of pity and finish up! Razz

Also, the long version of the OP song is really good!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Enail wrote:
By the power of peer pressure, episode 11!:

-Holy shit, how did they know Tosaki would call in drain equipment, they shouldn't even have known he knows they're weak to water - just a lucky guess, or is Ogura in it with them?! I've been thinking all along it's suspicious how relaxed he was about being tortured, who but an Ajin is that cool about bodily harm?

Spoiler:

The personal theory is that he is an Ajin, and that accounts for how he can be so right with so little information.

Then again, super-geniuses get to the answer first and then figure out how later, so he might just be really damn smart

Spoiler:

-He took down a building on top of it. For his opening move. He took down a fucking building on top of it while he's standing on the roof, laughing the whole way down. NOW THAT IS A VILLAIN Shiny/thrilled

Spoiler:

THE. LAUGH.

Spoiler:

-Collateral damage: his hat fell off his head for a minute there. Laughing

Spoiler:

"D-d-d-d-did he just have a drone sent in just to give him another hat? Shiny/thrilled

Also, the long version of the OP song is really good!

It really is Grin
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:59 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

The personal theory is that he is an Ajin, and that accounts for how he can be so right with so little information.

Then again, super-geniuses get to the answer first and then figure out how later, so he might just be really damn smart

Spoiler:
Either way, it doesn't explain how Satou knew Tosaki knew about the water, unless covert Ajin/super-genius has been in on Satou's game all along silent

Spoiler:

THE. LAUGH.

Spoiler:
There's a time and a place for super-villain maniacal laughter, and that was definitely it. Sorry, all you other super-villains out there, gotta up your game if you want to laugh now.

Spoiler:

"D-d-d-d-did he just have a drone sent in just to give him another hat? Shiny/thrilled

Spoiler:
But why did he lose the hat and the rest of his clothes were fine? I guess it's symbolic, a mighty power that can destroy even a hat, so who cares what's happening with the rest of the clothes? Laughing
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Enail wrote:
Spoiler:
Either way, it doesn't explain how Satou knew Tosaki knew about the water, unless covert Ajin/super-genius has been in on Satou's game all along silent

Spoiler:

Probs assumption based on knowing they'd analyse the raid to save Kei. Maybe it's a leap, but Satou knows Tosaki isn't stupid at least
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

Probs assumption based on knowing they'd analyse the raid to save Kei. Maybe it's a leap, but Satou knows Tosaki isn't stupid at least

Spoiler:
Yeah, that's true. Outside of a story, it'd need more explanation, but since it's a story, I can accept "he's just that awesome," as an answer anyway Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:12 pm

This show keeps getting better and better.

Episode 12:

-The recap was just the Satou is Badass Show. Grin
-Damn, their new tactics got him by surprise, way to go Tosaki! (Also, that probably knocks out my theory that Ogura's in on it, or Satou would have predicted the change based on Tosaki not fearing the Flood anymore)
-The bit with Tanaka's ghost climbing up the building to get to the snipers  Shiny/thrilled
-how are the snipers seeing the IBM, did I miss something where they found a way?
-holy shit, he can use his ghost as a shield!?
-my god, that whole fucking episode, the plans on both sides and plans inside plans, the fight scenes, the tension, rooting for and against both sides at once, that was fucking incredible  Shiny/thrilled

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

I loved how the joke went from "Oh that Tanaka, can't hit the broad-side of a- OH MY GOD THOSE AREN'T BULLET HOLES Shudder Shudder Shudder "

This.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Enail wrote:
Episode 12:

-how are the snipers seeing the IBM, did I miss something where they found a way?

Spoiler:

It's mentioned in an earlier episode that when Ajin feel extreme emotions, IBMs become visible. That's why they have video of them from the Shinya Nakamura Incident.

It's treated more like "when it's cool for the plot" though. Kei had his arm sawed off and his IBM didn't become visible

How about dat Satou with a shotgun. Using everything from his IBM and other soldiers to block bullets, using close quarters against the Riot Cops, using his own body-gore to blind them. This fucking guy's understanding of how Ajin powers work
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Spoiler:

bomaye wrote:
It's mentioned in an earlier episode that when Ajin feel extreme emotions, IBMs become visible. That's why they have video of them from the Shinya Nakamura Incident.

I suspected I'd missed something then too. Gah, it's annoying how much my concentration sucks, I miss a ton.

bomaye wrote:
It's treated more like "when it's cool for the plot" though. Kei had his arm sawed off and his IBM didn't become visible

Yeah, realistically, every time someone discovers they're an Ajin and their first couple of deaths at a minimum, there should be one popping up visible.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Enail wrote:
Spoiler:

bomaye wrote:

I suspected I'd missed something then too. Gah, it's annoying how much my concentration sucks, I miss a ton.

Spoiler:

I missed it too the first time around, too. I think it's a fact that's dropped casually and then rarely referenced again directly, so then you're kind of like "Wait, how do they have videos of IBMs again?"
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Spoiler:
bomaye wrote:
I missed it too the first time around, too. I think it's a fact that's dropped casually and then rarely referenced again directly, so then you're kind of like "Wait, how do they have videos of IBMs again?"

Good to know it's not just me, then Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Spoiler:

How about dat Satou with a shotgun. Using everything from his IBM and other soldiers to block bullets, using close quarters against the Riot Cops, using his own body-gore to blind them. This fucking guy's understanding of how Ajin powers work
Yeah, it's his mastery that makes him so scary-compelling to watch. Like watching Kousaka play a game on hard mode Laughing

And Enail, I missed the emotion-visibility thing too at first, it was only like the 3rd time they mentioned it that it clicked for me. It's not just you. Razz
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:27 pm

Episode 13, AAH, HERE WE GO!!:

-I get a kick out of watching immortal, stone-cold sociopathic Kei meekly pulling weeds Laughing
-"It's like a police drama!" Obaachan is the coolest!  rofl
-What happens when his ghost figures out reverse psychology? Uh-oh  
-Toddler-ghost comes to save him when it counts!
-Kuro-chan's the better fighter by far, but I guess the power of not wanting to be tortured endlessly is a pretty good incentive for Toddler-ghost to keep coming back. But they're kind of implying it's something more than that.
-Wow, Kou is an impressively decent human being for not just escaping without Kei when he had the chance. How many days was he locked in a truck because of him!?
-Kita, now is really not the time to push Tosaki... Uh-oh
-Kei's pretty good, but I'm not sure he's a match for Satou yet. I'm not even sure he would have been a match for Tosaki if it hadn't been so soon after Satou wiped his forces out.
-SATOU HAS EYES! I REPEAT, SATOU HAS EYES! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
-this ep was a bit of a let-down after the unbelievable excitement of the last two, but I'm soooooo excited for next season. This show takes its time, but fuck, does it get somewhere in the end!

...now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that we spent so long at the beginning on Kei's relationship with Kai and his sister, and it never came up again. It would have been better if they got into Satou's story and brought in Kou earlier on, and interspersed Kei's stuff more throughout if it's needed for next season. All you need to establish to start off this last season is that Kei is smart, driven but strangely cold, the rest could come up gradually while he's further in to dealing with Satou and Kou.

Been listening to the theme song non-stop Grin
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:14 pm

Enail wrote:
Episode 13, AAH, HERE WE GO!!:

-"It's like a police drama!" Obaachan is the coolest!  rofl

Spoiler:

I had a sad originally because it the preview from the previous ep showed him holding Granny at knife-point, but that line about how exciting it was was so granny <3

Spoiler:

-Kuro-chan's the better fighter by far, but I guess the power of not wanting to be tortured endlessly is a pretty good incentive for Toddler-ghost to keep coming back. But they're kind of implying it's something more than that.

Spoiler:

It's implied Kei can summon his IBM a lot more times than anyone's previously recorded.

Spoiler:

-SATOU HAS EYES! I REPEAT, SATOU HAS EYES! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
-this ep was a bit of a let-down after the unbelievable excitement of the last two, but I'm soooooo excited for next season. This show takes its time, but fuck, does it get somewhere in the end!

Spoiler:

HERE WE GO

Spoiler:

...now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that we spent so long at the beginning on Kei's relationship with Kai and his sister, and it never came up again. It would have been better if they got into Satou's story and brought in Kou earlier on, and interspersed Kei's stuff more throughout if it's needed for next season. All you need to establish to start off this last season is that Kei is smart, driven but strangely cold, the rest could come up gradually while he's further in to dealing with Satou and Kou.

Spoiler:

So thing #1 is that the manga writer might have changed after the first volume, so that might account for it.

Thing #2 is that the Kai storyline at least is not over (someone I know was tumblr searching for Satou stuff and saw a spoiler involving Kai)

Now do the OAD episode I linked a page or so back!

Spoiler:

The Shinya Nakamura Incident silent silent silent
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:39 pm

bomaye wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's implied Kei can summon his IBM a lot more times than anyone's previously recorded.

Spoiler:
Yeah, my assumption would be that's just because he's so determined, but their reaction (I can't remember what exactly) made me think that there's going to be a more proper explanation we'll get sometime.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So thing #1 is that the manga writer might have changed after the first volume, so that might account for it.

Thing #2 is that the Kai storyline at least is not over (someone I know was tumblr searching for Satou stuff and saw a spoiler involving Kai)

Spoiler:
Yeah, clearly it's not over, but if they didn't need most of his backstory stuff till next season begins, they could have delivered it gradually throughout this season instead of frontloading it in the first three episodes. Might be the manga writer change, or they might just not have thought out the pacing very well  Shrug

I take it the manga's ahead of the anime, then? For some reason I'd assumed it was an original anime, maybe b/c the animation style doesn't seem like a natural for an adaptation.

Now do the OAD episode I linked a page or so back!

Will do for sure, but it'll probably be a week or two.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum