Summer Anime Chart 2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Anime Chart 2016

Post by bomaye on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:18 pm

reLife is apparently getting a Netflix-style binge-release on Crunchyroll on July 1st o.O
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:46 am

NEW SEASON INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 am

Having read the synopsis, I think I need to check out ReLife. Can't wait for Mob Psycho 101 and I'm so super hype for the next season of Shokugeki no Souma.
Aggrax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Join the thread, Aggrax! Run in circles flail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:32 am

Most of the Episode 1s and some of the Episode 2s have happened. How things are lookin

Really Good:
- reLife: I loved this so goddamn much.
- 91 Days: I made a tumblr post about it. It's like someone in Japan watched The Godfather and went ":]"

Good:
- Mob Psycho 100: It's visually interesting but doesn't have the same OOMPH as One Punch Man.
- Orange: Animation quality is greeaaaattttt, but it's taking it awhile to get to the point. I think the second episode ending probably should've been the ending of the first episode somehow to provide the hook, if they just get the hooks in a little deeper this could be really good
- Kono Bijitsu etc/There's Something Wrong with the Art Club: Beautifully animated and the funniest comedy of the comedies I've watched (the 2D vs 3D women thing). Wasn't on my original list
- Berserk: We've got a thread for that:

Okay:
- Fukigen na Monokean/The Morose Mononokean: The first episode got me pretty good ;_; and I guess I have a weakness for Yokai exorcism
- Handa-kun: The first half was the worst thing ever, it was just a gag about a bunch of fanboys having accidentally missed the first episode of this anime, and it was funny for like a minute but then stretched on 10 minutes as they tried to make their own version and tried to phone up the animation production company to have them show it again. It got funnier when it finally started. I may watch Barakamon because of this eventually.
- Tales of Zestiria The X: Pretty cgi visuals and ear-pleasing sound effects Grin
- Servamp It went from :3 cute to Kill Bill violent blood sprays, which is a secret weakness of mind. Otherwise it's a pretty standard shonen
- Taboo Tattoo Also a pretty standard shonen, but with some well animated martial arts (mostly, sometimes it gets a little Olive-Oil-From-Popeye wobbly)
- Time Travel Shojo: A cute girl travels back in time, meets famous scientists and does science experiments with them. It's pretty chill (no Nikola Tesla though, we'll have to settle for Edison)
- Planetarian: I liked the premise at the start but things got a bit annoying by the end because the robot lead was like a happy earnest overly-talkative robot who doesn't realize she's in a post apocalyptic setting.
- Momokuri: Also not on my original list. The heartwarming comedy of a boy who's trying to act cool for his first girlfriend, and the girl who stalked said boy for a year before finally asking him out and already knows everything about him

Might Quit or Did Quit:
Regalia: Three Sacred Stars: Excepting the Giant Robots, there's nothing else about this I like. And even the giant robots are kind of just okay because they're like spirit robots or something
Active Raid: The first season was okay to watch but it was in a season where there wasn't much happening.
Danganronpa: I tried the first season but it became pretty obvious that it would be doing the games a disservice, so I'm putting this off for now
New Game!: Did nothing for me
Saiki Kusou etc etc etc: The comedy was too fast, and also has a bit of a problem for non-native speakers because Saiki is a psychic who narrates his own story while other characters are talking to him or he accidentally overhears their inner thoughts, so you end up with a lot of subtitles jumping over each other and they're not organized in a way that you can naturally follow the lines

Hasn't Episode 1'ed Yet:

Majestic Hour
Onara Gouro
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Actually upgrade Taboo Tattoo to Good, it's tickling all my stupid-spots in the right way (character names: Tom Shredfield, Justice Akatsuka, Bluesy Fruesy, Colonel Sanders) and the animation hasn't dropped off at all
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:50 pm

The Mob Psycho 100 intro wraps up the premise so well that it just hit me right. Especially that opening Engrish line Shiny/thrilled

Here's Mob Psycho 100's ridiculously beautiful looking outro

I guess while we're at it

The start was like "Really, why would you use this type of song for a Mafia revenge plot?" and then it kept going and my shiny kept rising and then the logo was revealed and my body wasn't ready for it Shiny/thrilled
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:15 pm

91 Days wasn't even on my original interest list, but it looks pretty damn cool. And that Mob Psycho 100 outro is gorgeous.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:36 am

The fifth and final episode of Planetarian is out.

Episode 1 was like "I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about any of this scratch " and then Episode 5 was like " Crying Crying Crying Crying "
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:55 am

The social commentary in Mob Psycho 100 is getting really good. Pretty much everyone in this show is special in some way but thinks they're not and are desperately trying to make up for it somehow, and hilariously the con-men give the best and most heart-warming advice.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum