Berserk

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Berserk

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:34 am

S2E5

Spoiler:

- Oh, was that the kid frommmmmmmmm maybe episode 1 who had to follow Guts or something? I forget now
- Nice, Isidoro poisoned them
- HAHA THE KUSHANS ARE ACTUALLY THERE
- GUTS CUTTING APART KUSHANS WITH THE MUSIC Shiny/thrilled
- "Shouldn't get go get that gu-" "NOPE." "But-" "NOPE"
- Oh, the guy frommmmmmmmmm when Casca was leading and they were attacked in the forest and GATSOO came back?
- I was kind of expecting Mozgus to do something horrific to these people, but he's kind of being okay about it. I assume he's going to drop some horrific torture shit as punishment for sinning at some point
- Yup, there we go
- Can't tell if Farnese is afraid or excited
- CASCA YOU FREAKSHOW HOLY SHIT rofl
- Luca ;_;
- OH SHIT CASCA'S HAUNTED TOO Sad Sad Sad
- "I caught a thief" PUCK YOU LITTLE SHIT rofl
- So is it just me or is Guts doing for these random people following him what Griffith did for the original Hawks
- Guts get excited because the demons are different this time, oh boy
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:07 pm

S2E5:

-"Don't get so hung up on the details" and that meat vest Laughing
-terrible fake crier, though  Disapproving . And also I'm not too sure about Berserk being the kind of show that can support a spunky child thief character.
-Also not too sure about getting into "exotic" ninja characters, that didn't work too well the last time they did that.
-An empty skin hanging from a tree is...creatively gruesome, even for this series.
-I knew there was going to be a catch to Statue-Face's mercy. Yay, more torture  Neutral
-That snot-dripping, sparkly-eyed enthusiasm. This dude gets weirder and weirder about his evilness Suspect
-TRADITIOOOOOOON! TRADITION!
-I am quite liking the setup Farnese has got going on as we see more, struggling with being a figurehead and coming to realize how terrible her church is, there's a lot of potential for interesting character development here.  The former isn't something you see often in a significant character arc.
-Casca rofl
-I'm not sure talking about a risk of disease from prostitution with your client is a great career move  Uh-oh
-Glad to see Casca's got someone nice looking out for her  :/ Until she probably dies a horrible death, that is  Uh-oh
-The witch-hunt stuff is a bit silly and over-the-top. If they made the pressure to turn on heretics more subtle, it would be much scarier.
-How has Casca survived before this after she ran away, if the demons and dead are coming after her every night?

I'm not too sure about the way Guts is gathering up a gang like this. It could land up being something that echoes Griffith and the Hawks, but I feel like not; he doesn't want them or need them or have a dream that inspires them, he just wants to do his thing. It seems like the show might be trying to build almost a cute nakama, which doesn't fit very well with the series without some kind of weight binding it to something deeper in the story the way the Hawks had. It feels like it's just the author trying to give us a substitute for what was lost, too shoehorned in or written for plot needs?
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Enail wrote:
S2E5:

I'm not too sure about the way Guts is gathering up a gang like this. It could land up being something that echoes Griffith and the Hawks, but I feel like not; he doesn't want them or need them or have a dream that inspires them, he just wants to do his thing. It seems like the show might be trying to build almost a cute nakama, which doesn't fit very well with the series without some kind of weight binding it to something deeper in the story the way the Hawks had. It feels like it's just the author trying to give us a substitute for what was lost, too shoehorned in or written for plot needs?

Spoiler:

They may be inspiring for different reasons. Griffith gave you glimpses of what you thought you needed to make it in an awful world, and you needed to follow him because if him getting what he needed was part of what you needed.

Guts shows you how to just keep busting forward with no fucks given. He doesn't want you following him but these new people are doing it anyway. Also all the new people seem to be like almost extra weak in some way. Puck's a dumb fairy, Luca's a scrounging prostitute, Isidora is a child thief, Farnese is a figurehead leader for a group of weak knights and can't even mentally comprehend demons and Fairies. I guess Serpico isn't but even had a bit of an "o.o" over running into demons.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:59 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

They may be inspiring for different reasons. Griffith gave you glimpses of what you thought you needed to make it in an awful world, and you needed to follow him because if him getting what he needed was part of what you needed.

Guts shows you how to just keep busting forward with no fucks given. He doesn't want you following him but these new people are doing it anyway. Also all the new people seem to be like almost extra weak in some way. Puck's a dumb fairy, Luca's a scrounging prostitute, Isidora is a child thief, Farnese is a figurehead leader for a group of weak knights and can't even mentally comprehend demons and Fairies. I guess Serpico isn't but even had a bit of an "o.o" over running into demons.

Spoiler:
I can see why people are following him, but 'he's strong and moving forward and isn't as awful as everyone else strong in this world' doesn't have the same intensity and draw as Griffith's pull to make it feel like a parallel. I could see it working well as almost a counter to it, instead of 'join me in my march towards greatness,' it's 'there's no greatness here, that's not where I'm going, but clearing a path along your way that other people can walk on too, is maybe something good in this world in itself."

My real reservation here is that it just doesn't seem like it's leading towards a group that will be very compelling for a setting like this, it seems more like a ragtag team of unlikely heroes that would fit in a comedy-fantasy setting based on an RPG, except stuck into a grim, horrifying world. Isidoro especially has a vibe that fits in more with what Puck brings than with the Golden Age stuff.

I wouldn't say Luca's been set up as weak; she's not equipped for a fight story and will undoubtedly be in for some awful times soon based on that if she sticks around/survives, but they've introduced her as savvy, pragmatic and competent, using her connections and skills intelligently, basically forming a small union, and she's been - I think intentionally - contrasted with the other refugees around her as much more effective and self-sufficient. It may be leading up to the message that it doesn't matter how capable you are, if you're not a demon-level warrior you're dust under their feet, but I think it could also be starting to build a counterpoint to the mad dog idea; if you're an exceptional individual you might be able to get pretty far on your own, but when it comes down to it people are small and weak in the face of armies and demon gods, and you can get further if you pool your strength.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Spoiler:

I think it's something of a contrast between the Dark Age and the Golden Age. The Mercenary Army of the Golden Age ultimately fell to the world around them. Demons and predestination and political machinations all undid them. They were a rag-tag group of people but all of them more or less focused on being battle-hardened, well-oiled machinery as soldiers. Swords for Griffith to wield.

The new nakama seem a more diversely skilled or a more flexible bunch, and Guts doesn't need them to be swords, because he's already got his own. He can fight the soldiers and demons and whatever on his own and win just because that's what he does, but he's definitely not good at the other stuff and maybe they can plug themselves into it when needed.

Griffith need you to need him and be your best to make his dream come true, Guts might need you but he doesn't realize it and he can handle all the hard stuff so just get behind him and and wait for your moment

(There's also a potential contrast that I think I'd do if I was the writer of Berserk... Guts has a Behelit, he'll be offered by the Godhand or Zodd or whatever turns people into demons the same thing that was offered to Griffith, and he needs a crew for that choice to be made)

[They would show him a hallucination or whatever and make the same offerings and he would just smile and kill every last demon himself because he brought his sword with him this time and then Skull Knight would gallop in to make the save and be like "WTF" because all the monsters are dead]
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:02 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

I think it's something of a contrast between the Dark Age and the Golden Age. The Mercenary Army of the Golden Age ultimately fell to the world around them. Demons and predestination and political machinations all undid them. They were a rag-tag group of people but all of them more or less focused on being battle-hardened, well-oiled machinery as soldiers. Swords for Griffith to wield.

The new nakama seem a more diversely skilled or a more flexible bunch, and Guts doesn't need them to be swords, because he's already got his own. He can fight the soldiers and demons and whatever on his own and win just because that's what he does, but he's definitely not good at the other stuff and maybe they can plug themselves into it when needed.

Griffith need you to need him and be your best to make his dream come true, Guts might need you but he doesn't realize it and he can handle all the hard stuff so just get behind him and and wait for your moment

Spoiler:
It would be interesting if they focused on that flexibility. I haven't gotten the sense so far that they're aiming in that direction, the skill-that-means-power focus has still been pretty squarely on fighting, with a side of 'do you know what you're fighting and why/are you fighting in the right place,' but given the greater importance of politics in the setting now and the fact that they've been showing a side to poverty outside of "can you pick up a sword to earn your living or not?," there's definitely room for those other needs to come up.

Spoiler:

(There's also a potential contrast that I think I'd do if I was the writer of Berserk... Guts has a Behelit, he'll be offered by the Godhand or Zodd or whatever turns people into demons the same thing that was offered to Griffith, and he needs a crew for that choice to be made)

[They would show him a hallucination or whatever and make the same offerings and he would just smile and kill every last demon himself because he brought his sword with him this time and then Skull Knight would gallop in to make the save and be like "WTF" because all the monsters are dead]

Spoiler:
I'm not sure about that, it seems a little too pat. We already know that Guts doesn't want what Griffith wanted, and the things they could offer him don't work well with a choice of destroying his irreplaceable people, because what he wants is his irreplaceable people back. I suppose they could do a 'you can have your old irreplaceable people back in exchange for this new crew,' but I can't say I like that, it seems clumsy. The only thing he might want more than that is revenge on Griffith, which I could see being a more tempting reason to join with the Godhand, though I'm not sure how the demon politics would work with that Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Enail wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure about that, it seems a little too pat. We already know that Guts doesn't want what Griffith wanted, and the things they could offer him don't work well with a choice of destroying his irreplaceable people, because what he wants is his irreplaceable people back. I suppose they could do a 'you can have your old irreplaceable people back in exchange for this new crew,' but I can't say I like that, it seems clumsy. The only thing he might want more than that is revenge on Griffith, which I could see being a more tempting reason to join with the Godhand, though I'm not sure how the demon politics would work with that Razz

Spoiler:

Both Zodd and Skull Knight are supernatural monsters now, another potential contrast in that whatever drove those two to the states they're in (which sounds similar to what Guts and Griffith experienced), Guts can ultimately reject because [whatever the contrasting reason is].

I think demons are into temptation and suffering for their own entertainment, how exciting would it be for a demon to offer Guts the ability to horrifically sacrifice his new crew for the power to avenge the horrific sacrifice of his old crew?
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:22 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

Both Zodd and Skull Knight are supernatural monsters now, another potential contrast in that whatever drove those two to the states they're in (which sounds similar to what Guts and Griffith experienced), Guts can ultimately reject because [whatever the contrasting reason is].

Spoiler:
Oh, yeah, bringing in them and whatever got them there would definitely tie it in well. I'm still secretly half-convinced Skull Knight is going to be some kind of future Guts Laughing

Spoiler:

I think demons are into temptation and suffering for their own entertainment, how exciting would it be for a demon to offer Guts the ability to horrifically sacrifice his new crew for the power to avenge the horrific sacrifice of his old crew?

Spoiler:
I'm sure a demon would find it exciting, I'm just not sure the audience would Razz  Maybe just because I don't really trust that the new crew is going to live up to the old crew - or not even so much the individuals of the new crew vs. old, as what depth of feeling they represent. It's early days, but I'm skeptical there's going to be something that the new characters bring that could cut as deeply as the people from his past and the loose ends he needs to tie up. But you never know Shrug  
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:40 am

Berserk 6

Spoiler:

- Was Casca just protected from the freaky ghosts that chase Guts around o.O
- "Nasty looks and stubbornness reminded me of your, Guts" Also he woke up in the middle of a finished battlefield just like Guts would silent
- I'm legit expecting Guts to show Isidora how to swing a sword right and then suddenly have a flashback to his childhood with Gambino
- Skull Knight Grin
- Let's not do another Eclipse, guys Sad
- "Do not have more than one that you care for." Let's not do this again Sad
- Those BDSM guys look similar to the torturer from whatever Kingdom they were in during the Golden Age (I forget what it's called now... Midland?)
- BDSM Griffith
- At least he doesn't like his work
- He smashes his head against the floor a thousand times every morning? Jeeeessuuuuuus. Or I guess for Jesus
- "An angel descended" silent
- Serpico's not very convinced that they're doing it for God and God alone
- Riverbank at midnight? They are so dead
- Stalker conga line basically
- Pagan boogie party!
- Soylent soup Neutral
- That scene with Casca was so fucked up
- Is that the Demon Abortion?
- Serpico doesn't seem too enchanted with the goings-on
- So I assume they're gonna burn Casca as a witch and Guts will kill every last person there
- Awesome, making a kid throw torches onto people being burned alive
- My body is fucking READY for all the new crew to come together now

That was pretty fucked up
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:57 am

Where are you peeps up to on the manga?

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:13 pm

I stopped the manga and switched to the new show after Golden Age and all that.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:37 pm

S2E6:

-Damnit, I'm getting to like that stupid opening music!  Disapproving
-Man, what is the deal with that watching demon-thing? OMG, is it her demon fetus?
-Oh shit, isn't one eclipse in a lifetime enough??  No
-For some reason I found that little tcchh-sound and that little smile/grimace Guts makes when Skull Knight is talking about fate, really poignant.
-"Do not have more than one that you care for." Uh-oh. That could be either a 'sacrifice the new crew for the old' situation or it could just be warning that his feelings for Griffith might get in the way. At this point, it feels more like they're leading towards the former than the latter (though I still can't say I think they can pull it off), but there's also probably a reason they're showing so much of Griffith as he was.
-I was really not expecting BDSM Plague Mask dude to sound so normal  Surprised Bringing in someone allergic to sunlight is kind of nifty, though.
-The way he gathers around him people who would be seen as monsters, but seem to be just regular people who don't get shiny-eyed over torture, it's almost like Mozgus is doing a Dorian Grey kind of thing.
-Did Mozgus smash his head so hard he lost his eyebrows??  Uh-oh  Or maybe eyebrows are just too hard to carve in stone Laughing
-Noooooooo, midnight is when the demons come out, don't go to the riverbank!  
-At least the demon-worshipers seem to have music and dance? I think this is the first time we've seen any kind of cultural/artistic expressions other than churches, so I can kind of see the appeal of demons now Razz
-Wow this is fucked up.
-And immediately after Joachim goes off the cliff, everyone's suddenly all normal "man, I'd better go, I've got work tomorrow, see you next tuesday?"  Kind of a sudden end to the hallucinations and wild cannibalistic orgies. Suspect
-Spanking her like a naughty child?!? I-is that really the right response to cannibalism and demon worship?? Uh-oh Or was the cannibalism and demon just a hallucination and they're just dancing around naked and tripping?
-Oh shit......that was fucked up.
-It's protecting her? It totally is the demon fetus.
-All this time I was worried that people were going to decide Casca was a witch, and the first people who do are pro-witch Laughing  That's not going to last, though.
-Serpico and Farnese's backstory Sad Those two are getting more and more interesting.
-Bomaye, I don't think they're going to let Casca get killed this early on, pretty sure Guts is going to get there just barely in time to save her. Pretty sure  nailbiting panic  
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Enail wrote:
S2E6:

I know, right? x)

Spoiler:

-Spanking her like a naughty child?!? I-is that really the right response to cannibalism and demon worship?? Uh-oh Or was the cannibalism and demon just a hallucination and they're just dancing around naked and tripping?

Spoiler:

That's the part that I found interesting. I tend to think that it wasn't a hallucination because the blonde-haired girl acted like it was something you had to do or they were going to kill you for it.

Also they just pushed him off a cliff instead of eating him, which I found weird, but I guess it was the quick way to do him in

Spoiler:

-Bomaye, I don't think they're going to let Casca get killed this early on, pretty sure Guts is going to get there just barely in time to save her. Pretty sure  nailbiting panic  

Spoiler:

P-pretty sure
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:19 am

Enail wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:40 pm

S2E7

Awright, guys, we're gonna get through this one and it'll be happiness and kittens riding on a rainbow by the end of it Grin

Spoiler:

- So is it the pagans worshipping a witch, or is it the poor people worshipping a witch too?
- Someone take the expensive jewelry away from Casca before she chokes Sad
- GATSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- GRABS HIM BY THE FUCKING FACE
- "I'll just have to go over there myself." HOLY SHIT DO IT
- "Steal their skills like a man" x)
- WHOAAAAA dude's still alive
- Jesus imagery on Casca Sad
- Isidoro is pretty bro-tier for a self-serving thief
- "A cheap trick for a man who's gonna make it big with his sword" Shiny/thrilled
- OH NO THE THING'S HAPPENING
- A Holy Inquisition and a Pagan Cult getting caught in a potential Godhand incident, oh BOY
- Isidoro having a freak-out and then trying to look cool in front of Casca and Nina rofl
- A goat demon lands in front of them and they're all like "MAYBE IT'S NOT DRUGS"
- GATSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:48 am

Awww man, this Berserk season is only listed as 12 episodes atm Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:54 am

Cultist dude has obviously spent too long playing Goat Simulator. >_>"

Also, not very enthused about the quality for the new Berserk game. Looks very repetitive and lacking in depth. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:41 pm

It's a Dynasty Warriors game, that's how they roll
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:29 pm

S2E7:

-Gooooood timing, Guts!
-Puck's now got himself a whole real estate empire of people?   Side-eye
-Casca putting her hand on Nina's head when she's crying  Happy tears
-NOOOOOOO, DON'T LEAVE BEFORE GUTS GETS THERE!!!
-He can't make himself go in the tent Sad
-Steal their skills like a man Laughing
-Serpico's eyes are open  Uh-oh
-Farnese can't deal until she's offered a way to rationalize what's happening. Not that she's dealing that well after that...
-Isidoro crying and in comedy form and being a badass all at once  rofl
-What the fuck kind of creature is that, some kind of injection demon?!?
-COME ON GUTS!!!! We really don't need another fucked up demon rape scene.
-Oh man, Guts reflecting in Casca's eyes instead of the demons  Happy tears

Can we do this in 12 episodes? OTOH, how much misery can they put us through with only 5 more episodes? Uh-oh
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:46 am

Finally a decent episode. Glad to see we're getting somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:54 am

S2E8

Spoiler:

- D'awwww, Guts relying on Isidoro
- YEAH, FUCK YOU GOAT DEMON
- OH BOY, SERPICO VS GATSOO ON A THIN LEDGE
- Fucking Guts goes for the kill immediately rofl
- Casca trying to eat Puck
- Damn son, Serpico out-smarted Guts big-time
- And then he made the mistake of not remembering that Guts is Guts and little things like grabbing sword blades are fucking nothing to him
- Dohohohohohohoho doing things out of character
- I'd like to think Guts saw Isidoro's eyes welling up with tears and was like "Nope, not gonna be like Gambino"
- The walk to the Tower of Conviction oh boy
- This blonde haired girl ain't getting out alive.
- Horrific rape and torture ahead?
- Yeah, probably
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm

S2E8:

-Farnese finally steps up to take charge. But maaaan, she needs to get a more realistic idea of her troops' abilities if she thinks they're going to destroy everyone including Guts.
-Surprised at how much Guts is trusting Isidoro, he seems like he's sending him away with Casca calmly with total confidence in him rather than as a desperation measure. The events of the eclipse really haven't completely wiped out all the ways he'd changed before that.
-Casca, don't eat Puck!!
-Fuuuuuuck, Serpico's good!  This fight could actually be a challenge for Guts! Shiny/thrilled
-And then Serpico letting out a breath of relief and "oh shit, why am I doing this" once Guts is gone.
-OMG, Farnese, don't sword-slap your soldiers for letting Guts escape, why do you even think they could catch him let alone that that's the way to punish them?! You're a terrible commander! I like her character arc of realizing that she's in over her head and taking the wrong track and making everything worse by refusing to admit it, but it's getting a little frustrating how willfully stupid she's being. It's a pretty good depiction of how fear of weakness can allow a person do more harm than strength could - and although on a more trivial scale, it's a familiar story in this series. If Griffith-style bargains get put on the table, she might be the weak link. Uh-oh
-Even not knowing what she's doing, Casca's still got her fighter's nimbleness, jumping down those rocks that easily. Though it could just be that she's got a 'holy innocent' thing going on.
-Isidoro's big jump/fall rofl
-"Sorry." Guts' reaction. Isidoro's eyes slowly filling with tears. Sad  I thought it was a 'not gonna be like Gambino' moment too.
-It gets me every time Casca unthinkingly comforts someone.
-Nina's tiny little "Elaine" and then the torturer chooses her instead for being a coward. I never thought things were going to end well for Nina, and she hasn't exactly earned good karma or viewer sympathy with her actions, but she's still pretty pitiable.
-And then her thinking of Luca and keeping quiet for Casca, calling Luca's name as the doors swing shut. Damn. Crying

THIS SHOW IS GETTING GOOD!!!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:43 pm

S2E9

Spoiler:

- "I am your only master." Things getting hot and heavy between Farnese and Serpico
- Oh nice, she barely got tortured at all (I'm betting they cut stuff out of it from the manga, no one escapes horrific torture in Berserk)
- Putting Casca in an Iron Maiden Sad
- Oh good, it activated her Hell Monster Powers
- Bahahaha Guts just fucking goes for it immediately
- SHIT YEAH, FUCK THEM UP, DEMONS
- Awww man, some of the innocents are getting it too Sad
- Just immediately puts the knife in Farnese's mouth, no time for your sadistic flirty shit, gurl
- Guts: "QUIT BEING A LITTLE BITCH, THEY'RE JUST DEMONS"
- Oh shiiii, maybe blonde-haired girl is like, perfect for demon possession by one of the Godhand things or Apostles?
- FARNESE CAN SEE PUCK Grin
- Oops, Demon got Mozgoth or whatever his name is
- Oh good, he can breathe fire now, dat Demon Possession
- OH shiiiiiit son, Skull Knight on the sceneee
- FFFFFFFFFFF LUCA LET GO ON HER OWN NOOOOOOOO
- SKULL KNIGHT-SAN
- WH-WHY IS HE SAVING LUCA
- Guts vs Angels, my body is QUITE PREPARED FOR THIS FIGHT
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:01 pm

S2E9:

-Farnese is smarter than I expected, realizing that Serpico was tattling on her. The relationship between those two is really interesting, I hope we're going to get more depth on that.
-Nina broke instantly Sad
-Kind of wondering if there was more to that scene with Farnese and Serpico reacting to Nina being dragged away than just another moment to make Farnese question her beliefs. A parallel between Farnese having her leash yanked back to safety and Nina dragged back to her cell after betraying Casca in fear of torture, perhaps? But she doesn't really know what she's betraying yet or what not-betraying would involve. And then something more it means to Serpico, who has chains of his own but we don't know who's holding the strongest ones yet, and that backstory puts his loyalty as a betrayal of its own.
-Wow, that's some power Casca has. Not, like, a good power, but at least the creepy fondling demons broke open the iron maiden? Uh-oh
-Guts just racing off while Luca's trying to do things sneakily Laughing
-See-through demons let you see the people they ate turned to skeletons  Suspect
-Farnese is finally starting to believe in demons and see Puck
-Is demon fetus protecting Casca, or is she actually somehow become sacred to the demons?!
-Mozgus is one fucked up, evil, probably demonic asshole, but I got to give him credit, dude's got conviction like mad.
-"Hey, those are above my pay grade" Laughing
-SKULL KNIGHT!!
-Don't you fucking dare let go, Nin- oh shit, Luka let go Surprised
-SKULL KNIGHT SAVES LUKA?????
-Luca does the self-sacrificing, noble thing and then explains why she totally had a plan Laughing
-Holy shit, Mozgus gets to be an angel?!? Well, really just a holy-looking demon.  But still, he gets those fucking angelic wings!
-They all get wings?!
-He catches the weapon in his teeth?! GO GUTS!!
-FUCK, that's all we get this episode?!

I usually don't watch the end credits of shows, but somehow I always have to leave it open for this one to watch that part where their stars all wink out. Though, at first I couldn't make out the figures and thought it was the characters from the Golden Age, which gave it a lot of extra feeling.

bomaye wrote:S2E9

Spoiler:

- "I am your only master." Things getting hot and heavy between Farnese and Serpico
Spoiler:
This show really writes its own doujinshi, doesn't it  Laughing

Spoiler:

- Oh nice, she barely got tortured at all (I'm betting they cut stuff out of it from the manga, no one escapes horrific torture in Berserk)
Spoiler:
I've been expecting her to die a gruesome death for like four episodes now. I'm kind of astonished how little horror the people we're watching have been put through so far. It makes me nervous that they're saving it all for the end.  Uh-oh

Spoiler:

- SHIT YEAH, FUCK THEM UP, DEMONS
- Awww man, some of the innocents are getting it too Sad

Spoiler:
Come on, this is Berserk, you don't really expect that demons are going to fuck up the bad guys and everyone gets their just desserts and you can root for the demons for a while and go away all righteous and happy, do you? INNOCENTS MUST SUFFER  Razz

Spoiler:

- Oh shiiii, maybe blonde-haired girl is like, perfect for demon possession by one of the Godhand things or Apostles?

Spoiler:
She kind of is. She's already been possessed once, and that denial, that belief, that absolute fury that she takes out on even the people she should look out for and the people who care about her, whenever she realizes how powerless she is. Like I was saying last week, who else do we know who's done that kind of thing?  silent
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:47 pm

I usually don't watch the end credits of shows, but somehow I always have to leave it open for this one to watch that part where their stars all wink out. Though, at first I couldn't make out the figures and thought it was the characters from the Golden Age, which gave it a lot of extra feeling.

Sad

Should def start with anime, it's not throwaway like western dogshit (acks I guess on DVD-sets w/ Netflix type stuff they can do it now), the outro is part of the wind-down experience and something you can forever associate with the anime
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum