Berserk

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Berserk - Page 15 Empty Re: Berserk

Post by bomaye on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Volume 6/Chapter 7-16

Spoiler:

- "The Devil's Luck" that the Crimson Behelit prevented Griffith from being poison arrow'd
- Griffith with the murder eyes
- Did Griffith just give Guts the Kama Sutra to read rofl
- It's weird that Griffith would claim that he couldn't be friends with someone who has no ambition and that he thinks of Guts as something to posses, yet when it comes to things like assassinating Count Julius, Griffith asks Guts like he would a favour from a friend instead of ordering him. Sorta like his pride makes him claim one thing but his actions say another
- Fuckkkkkk, Julius was training his son while Guts was waiting to kill him and I was reading "Gambino and Guts" in it and then Guts flashes back to it himself
- And then when he kills the kid, it's basically similar to killing his young self and/or doing the same thing Gambino tried to do to him when he was a kid
- Even has a nightmare/fever dream where he's a monster like Zodd and he wipes out Gambino and Young Him
- Is it just me or are the small details even super-small? Like, hand size. Casca's are thick, used to wielding a sword and I think Guts even said once "that's no woman's punch" after she hit him, meanwhile Charlotte's are tiny and dainty.
- Death eyes to Foss
- Adorable how Guts is the one reprimanding Casca and she's the one Guts'ing him
- Ugh, Griffith's way of getting Casca to kill first to "save herself" when he could've easily saved her as a way to recruit her is ickkkk
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm

bomaye wrote:Volume 6/Chapter 7-16

Spoiler:

- It's weird that Griffith would claim that he couldn't be friends with someone who has no ambition and that he thinks of Guts as something to posses, yet when it comes to things like assassinating Count Julius, Griffith asks Guts like he would a favour from a friend instead of ordering him. Sorta like his pride makes him claim one thing but his actions say another
- Ugh, Griffith's way of getting Casca to kill first to "save herself" when he could've easily saved her as a way to recruit her is ickkkk

Or it's kinda like
Spoiler:
Griffith knows precisely how to buy obedience and loyalty: in Guts' case offering the appearance/possibility of true friendship, and treating him like a peer when asking him to do something loathsome, and in Casca's case giving her the appearance/possibility of true self-sufficiency, treating her like a big girl when she's just been traumatized in a way that makes her feel like a powerless child

Griffith smart Shudder
Werel
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Volume 7/17-26

Spoiler:

- Griffith even remembers the boy soldier who died on the battlefield and that no one else seemed to
- And he pretends that boy's death didn't incite him to whore himself out to that old pedo of Doldrey for money even though it pretty much did
- Guts: "She'll bite it right off." Casca: *elbows him in the head* Laughing
- Casca beheading that dude in the Hundred Man Guts fight Shiny/thrilled (I guess that means he's 99 Man Guts)
- No matter how Casca flows in battle, Guts always finds a way to immediately have her back <3
- Tfw the feels are coming back
- Guts tossing off his helmet as Casca is escaping like he doesn't give a single fuck if he lives or dies (I think the first time in battle he's gotten rid of it like that too) Shiny/thrilled
- Casca remembers Guts as her pursuers are about to rape her, fights dirty like Guts would to survive Nod
- Judeau to the rescue
- I always loved their reactions to coming upon the scene and being all "WTF, there's a hundred dead dudes here, he couldn't possibly have..."
- Casca finally gets the recognition from Griffith she's always wanted just as Guts made her think twice about why she does what she does for him. Guts really did fuck everything up about Griffith.
- Heyyyyy, didn't Puck say he worked in a traveling troupe? Judeau's implying he met Puck
- Oh mannnn, Oh man, Guts sitting by himself staring at the moon already instead of in the tent
- The campfire of dreams and Guts is just warming himself by it for now, just fuck my shit up all over again
- Guts is confident as long as he has his sword he'll survive, which makes the Skull Knight's future warning even more foreshadow-y
- Griffith saying he could take Doldrey with just the Band of the Hawk, then literally doesn't understand why everyone thinks he can't
- Kinda wish we could've seen Griffith and Boscogn match wits more, but Griffith dangling himself as a bait for old pedo was part of the plan and Griffith's wits too
- Griffith yells "We will be victorious" and Guts just goes full demon-mode
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:58 am

Volume 8/27-36

Spoiler:

- Oh shi, I didn't remember that Boscogn actually busted Guts sword
- Zodd tossing him a sword, I think that did happen in the anime but was left out of the movies for some reason
- Griffith pretends like Gennon is beneath his anger and resentment, but his actions say otherwise
- Guts drops Zodd's Sword to pick up Casca
- Hrmmm, did the anime include the Queen plotting against Griffith too? That feels familiar but I also don't remember a Queen character at all
- Also that bit about the Queen and Julius having a side-thing seems familiar
- Ha, Corkus does a Hulk Hogan pose in the victory parade
- Women fangirling over Casca, men fangirling over Guts
- Fucking Guts doesn't recognize Casca in her ball gown at first Laughing
- They get titles bestowed on them, and Griffith can't even smile until he sees Guts smiling first
- I do remember Griffith giving the devil eyes to the Queen as she burned in the tower
- "They are the defeated who die."
- Corkus mad at Guts because only a few people in life get to be winners and everyone else has to make due, and because of Griffith, they won, but Guts wants to rise up to Griffith's level
- I love that The Morning Departure was the first time we got a look inside Griffith's head, how he's even willing to accidentally kill Guts if he can't have him, and then just how easily Guts just destroys him. Overpowers him in one blow, wrecks his emotional state and confidence (because Griffith is not used to losing and not used to not getting his own way eventually), topples down his dreams like nothing. I still think Guts is going to defeat Femto with one strike in the same way.
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Your commentary is being really useful for making me remember the manga enough to join in when you get there, there's a lot of cool details I'd forgotten or hadn't noticed.
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:37 pm

What's your general reading pace like? Once I hit 14 I'll go at yours if you want
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 pm

You're doing about 3-4 a week? I can probably manage that.
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Volume 9/37-47

Spoiler:

- Guts being a little jumpy at the night because it's been years since he's slept alone
- Because Guts was already born from a corpse, he's "closer to death" than anyone and therefore has an easier time escaping it
- Griffith smashing the Princess but all he can think about is Guts
- Much like Guts did later, Griffith forgot his sword
- I had somewhat wondered about the King "trying" to rape Charlotte because she was just a dainty teenager and shouldn't really be able to fight him off. Turns out she kicks like a horse and the King wants her to love him/accept him like that too Neutral
- One of my favourite elements of the series is how the Crimson Behelit floats away and then eventually finds its way back. Gears of fate and destiny and all that
- Eyyyyy Silat
- Guts headpatting the guy after he cut ahead of him in line rofl
- Silat gives a three count before he cuts off Casca's head, Guts counts four Shiny/thrilled
- Of course Guts catches the Chakram like it's nothing Laughing
- Aw, Gaston's still kickin
- Guts and Casca get together Happy tears (but Guts is still bleeding guys)
- Also Casca keeps falling off cliffs and Guts keeps saving her, metaphorically and literally
- Fuckkkkkkkk PTSD
- Licking each other's wounds
- Dreaming of being a little boy rubbing in Gambino's medicine with his giant sword beside him ;______;
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 am

Volume 10/48-58

Spoiler:

- Godo and Guts are similar, they've been swinging their things before they can even remember
- Guts is finally able to say "Come with me" to Casca ;_;
- The gradual rise of the supernatural, the King of Thieves being randomly spotted
- Griffith obsessively thinking about Guts is the only thing keeping him alive (and he even says "friendship")
- "He was the reason I was thrown into darkness..." Kinda did that yourself, Griffith
- He even wants Guts more than he wants a kingdom right now o.O
- Also one of my favourite scenes, when the bricks down in Griffith's prison cell and those small little demons emerge to let him know that they're going to meet soon (I think the anime also did this better, because we didn't see the other dimension/other side of the Behelit and we didn't see the Godhand before now, so you're kinda left wondering "What THE FUCK is that"
- Guts mounts his horse like nothing, Casca's mad at him because she's tender from getting some of Guts mountain training Laughing
- This bit with The Count eating the Band of the Hawk while the rescue squad is trying to get back Griffith is something that hasn't been in any other version, I think
- Curious why the Skull Knight saved Rickert. He does nothing at random
- Guts getting jealous that Casca is reacting jealously to Charlotte talking about Griffith, Casca getting jealous that Guts is carrying Charlotte on his back
- Eyyyy, backstory on Gaeseric aka probs Skull Knight
- And the implication that he sacrificed the kingdom for something to become the fifth of an Angelic Godhand?
- Griffith feebly tries to choke Guts, Guts hugs him
- Guts cutting out the torturer's tongue, telling him to "speak clearly" before dropping him down the middle of the Tower of Rebirth's hole. Showing his sadistic side that was so prevalent in the first arc.
- The King sure aged in a year
- Griffith intently watching Casca wipe the blood off of Guts
- Bakiraka, freaky-ass people-things
- WELP RIP CHARLOTTE (and the Bakiraka clan)
- Nice little exchange to get Charlotte out of the way
- Judeau using the sparks kicked up by his throwing knives ricochet to hit the right spot
- Griffith bonking on Pippin's head to let him know he can destroy the ceiling and expel the fire coming at them

Something I never quite put together before but starting to wonder

Spoiler:

Every other Band of the Hawk member serves their purpose for Griffith... except Rickert. Rickert misses some of the major battles, Rickert is saved by the Skull Knight on the eve of the Advent when demons were snacking on the rest of the Hawks, Rickert's skillset was never utilized in rescuing Griffith, Rickert avoids becoming a sacrifice.

He's not just surviving this by the skin of his teeth, I'm starting to wonder if he's been pre-ordained for something else.
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:53 am

Volume 11/59-69

Spoiler:

- Poor Corkus didn't get to direct the charge like a real general
- Wyald catches Guts sword in his teeth, god damn
- Griffith tries to draw his sword but can't even hold it
- God, Wyald is such a goofy looking fucker in his real form
- Annnd Guts just cut off his freaky dick-tongue
- Guts now strong enough to cut up a giant demon
- Griffith's biting his lip so hard it's bleeding
- Guts actually wanted to fight Zodd again and that's what a lot of his training was about, now he's using it on Wyald instead Nod
- Even Griffith looking shocked that Guts took down Wyald
- Guts putting Griffith's armour back on him
- Ahhhh, Wyald is afraid of dying because he's seen the vortex where demon souls end up going
- And now he's begging Griffith to hurry up and summon the Godhand so he can be saved
- The Band of the Hawk are Griffith's toy, but Griffith is also their toy, their prize possession
- Zodd just fucking towers over Wyald then gores through him
- Weird how even though the Apostles have free will, Zodd is kind of doing the Godhand's bidding. Even telling Griffith that the Crimson Behelit will make its way back to him (though I also prefer how the anime did it, it just kind of rolled back up at the critical moment without warning)
- God damn, Wyald was a little old man?
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:31 am

Volume 12/70-79

Spoiler:

- Griffith trying to take Casca the same way he did Charlotte, but fails
- "Why do I always see these things only after they're gone?" Just fuck my shit up
- Manga makes it seem like Griffith is laughing out loud, the anime actually had him barely able to make a sound
- As the eclipse is starting, Griffith's trying to the Band to stay away
- Freaky bullshit
- Ah, the fortune teller spells it out that Rickert has a huge effect on the future
- Guts with his tiny knife instead of his big sword
- The way the Godhand tells it, the Crimson Behelit marks a person who can become a Guardian Angel but only their potential, so it's possible Griffith could've just said "Actually, nah" and then all the demons would be like "DARN" and would all go away peacefully. I kinda always took it that fate/causality that gets talked about so much makes it impossible, they drive them into a corner and with their attitudes that they don't really have much choice in it
- The Godhand going to great lengths to sunk-cost Griffith into making the choice
- Hawks are the feathers of Griffith's wings
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:35 am

Volume 13/80-91

Spoiler:

- This was probably most horrifying in the anime. The gore is much worse in the manga but the anime had that atmosphere about it and the red background
- Everyone else is panicking or trying to figure out how to escape, Guts is just trying to kill everything in sight and is actually accomplishing some of that
- Even biting them. Mad Dog
- Looks like the one I'm reading skipped Chapter 83/God of the Abyss 2. I think I'll read that when all caught up on the manga even though it's supposed to tell you what's happening, but the rest of the manga's kind of been explaining itself more than the other adaptations have too
- Come on man, you didn't have to make Gaston's head explode after he figured out he was a side-character in a manga Sad
- Seems like Femto would be unfinished because Casca and Guts are still alive
- Legit the Godhand are all sitting up there going "FUFUFUFU" and one day Guts is gonna have them begging to not kill them while he fucks them up
- "If I get hit, I hit back." Kill'em all Gatsoo
- Guts finally has his dream, to kill the shit out of Griffith and all of Hell
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:15 am

Volume 14/92-99

Last one for the week. If you happen to read and want to go ahead of me, go for it. I think the anime left us off somewhere around Volume 27-28 (just looking at chapter titles) and the video game left me off at the end of 34/beginning of 35

Spoiler:

- Godo making chastity belts?
- They also blew up Godo while showing Guts how to use the cannon arm Laughing
- Oh hey, Chapter 94 is the iconic rage-y Guts image
- That fucking Dragon Slayer Shiny/thrilled
- Eyyyy Serpico and Farnese
- The Holy see at least has correct prophecies
- I recall hearing that a mini-arc/Lost Children was left out of all the adaptations
- Guts swinging the Dragon Slayer over the girl's head
- Same Elf that Rickert saw before the Band of the Hawk remnants got eaten
- Oh hey, the iconic evil-Guts smile is in Chapter 98 and about him talking about massacring demon elves
- Guts killing the shit out of Elves rofl
- God dammit Guts, using a kid as bait Nod
- Guts, you can legitimately choke someone out with your T-shirt, you're going to kill that kid
- This arc so far feels really silly for the hardcore and awful content that Berserk deals in TBH
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 am

Enail wrote:
Vol 11:

-"It will definitely return to your hands"  Shudder / Shiny/thrilled   It's amazing how much at this point it's got you wanting Griffith to gain his demonic power, even though you know that's the worst possible thing, just seeing someone so powerful, so incredible, so completely broken and stripped of power, he just has to get it back.

You jinxed us Laughing
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Not my fault, it was pretty strongly laid out in advance!
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 am

Volume 15/100-110

Spoiler:

- Puck can't believe the Queen got mistaken for an elf Laughing
- This is kind of... goofy. "Guts somehow getting poisoned by demon children and then dead ones transform back into real children so Guts is killing kids, oh the horror and edginess"
- "She bleedin, ain't she?" Guts just grabs Puck and shakes him until Jill's healed rofl
- Guts hates looking at Puck because he's weak, but then Puck's perfectly fine taking one of Guts fingers with him if he has to Laughing
- Also blatantly admits the story would be too dark without him Laughing
- I guess at least the poisoning puts Guts in a bit of peril at night and maybe the Lost Children will play into the Demon Abortion's story a bit more
- Ohohohoho, found a Behelit
- Betchi the Behelit, Puck's Body Pillow
- Awriiight, Jill goes to slap Guts
- "It's so embarrassing and frustrating" Sad
- (That anecdote about Killer Khan is real)
- We really just took multiple chapters to depict Guts fighting silly bug monsters
- Eyyy Farnese
- Fighting a giant Stag Beetle and Preying Mantis and all I think about are Heracross and Scyther from Pokemon
- Puck gets caught up in having fun, only to find out the ball they're using is an eyeball
- The Lost Children "playing war" and "adult attack" is pretty fucked up
- They're "playing human" but becoming demons makes it fun
- Psycho Guts setting fire to cocooned children
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Vol 15/100-110
Spoiler:
-swatting playfully evil child-elf bugs is not really the kind of epic battle that I envisioned coming back to Berserk.
-on the other hand, killing the evil elves and them turning into a burning pile of corpses of the children they once were definitely is Wink
-"She's bleeding." Picks up Puck and shakes him like a salt shaker. "Now she ain't." rofl
-Puck 4th walling that he's there to lighten the mood
-peeling and eating a snake like a banana for anti-venom, not sure that's how it works
-taking cocaine to stay awake, drugs were the one thing missing from all the bad influence-content of violence, demons, rape, torture and black magic, welp, guess we've all gotta go be Satanists now.  
-demon fetus bringing all the flaming babies Guts has killed to haunt him, thanks, demon fetus!
-Guts semi-freaking out as the child-corpses reach out to him, crying for their mommies, but slicing them through anyway, and that grimace
-man, behelits are just handed out like candy in the manga
-this storyline is mostly quite silly and trivial, but there's something pretty solid it's getting at in the powerlessness and vulnerability of being a child, Jill in the air looking down on her village, tiny below, and thinking about how she becomes frightened and small there; fairytales both as a form of having a real dream to reach for and as a little echo of the reassuring falsehoods and blind beliefs weak adults in Berserk cling to in the face of horrors and then also connecting that to behelit ambitions and mountains of corpses and a way of forcing power in a world where you have none. And a subtle resonance with Guts' childhood traumas, hating the weakness of kids but also taking pity on them in spite of himself because he's not going to be like Gambino.
-Puck's mental image of the Godhandrofl
-Farnese and her troop's outfits are so ridiculous, all those pompoms
-the ball's an eyeball Laughing
-that fucked up "playing war"
-That cocoon pose looks familiar...
-Guts burns it all down, children in cocoons be damned.
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Vol 16/111-121

Spoiler:

- Serpico figured out Guts style just from examining the massacre-site
- And Guts runs into fucking fire on purpose to burn the shit out of all the Insects trying to eat him o.o
- Yep, Guts skewers his arm on the Queen of Elves antennae, and then point-blank cannons her
- Guts slowly and evily realizing he can again use Jill as bait
- Fucking narrowly misses Jill's head as he's stabbing through her too x_x
- Jesus fucking Christ, Guts getting stabbed through both his cheeks Dead
- Fuckkkk, the activation of Rosine's Behelit, finally seeing a real Elf after she'd eventually come to regret her life and choices
- Guts knocks Jill aside but still can't bring himself to slice through Jill to kill the Queen of Elves
- Jill's gonna try biting her way through her own tiny battle, fuck ;_;
- I guess like you said, that arc did serve to give Puck an arc spotlight (he never really did get that in the anime), to show that despite Guts best efforts he can't become a truly inhuman killing machine, and to reinforce that the Behelits only offer the illusion of someone's dream coming true rather than the real thin. Griffith gave up everything for a Kingdom, but so did Rosine and it was a false kingdom built on illusions
- The spirits tormenting Guts because killing demons meant that he killed kids too
- Things like this are things I expect to see in western comics more than I do manga, it's really interesting how sometimes this feels or looks less Japanese than something from here
- Puck going Guts mode to kill tiny demons rofl
- D'awww, Guts can't stay mad at Puck
- And calls him by his name Wink
- Just punching his way through the Holy Iron Chain Knights Laughing
- Farnese accidentally won the fight and defeated GATSOO (or Serpico adjusted it slightly so that she won)
- Just like Griffith, Guts makes no noise while being tortured. He can't be judged by lowly mortals
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Vol16/111-121
Spoiler:

-I'd forgotten how much more gruesome the gruesome things are in the manga, those disembowelled corpses and ...half-liquified?? heads...
-Serpico brings the smarts Nod
-the way fighting the swarms of insect-elves is drawn is really cool and effective
-and there are some awesome evil-grinning badass shots of Guts
-"Black it out. One more time. I'll take my urge to kill...and black everything else out." Shiny/thrilled
-but he still can't slice through Jill
-"There weren't really any elves," as Rosine's dying, even this rather pointless detour story manages to get some real emotional hits.
-"this is your paradise"
-Jill chasing after Guts, this could have been a moment like Griffith giving young Casca a sword, but he wants no part of leading anyone to something better, because there is nothing better to chase after, everyone just has to fight in their own battlefield. But recognizes that it's a battlefield too, he knows deeply that a child's fight with powerlessness and a small, narrowed world you can't see beyond and the cruelty of those with power over them, is a battle that can destroy you too. Kind of a way of acknowledging the dignity and strength it takes to fight even ordinary people's smaller fights while knowing there's no paradise to save you. And "I'll look up at this sky... and crawl along the earth" is about as much of a potential true hope as I've seen in Berserk. I'm quite impressed by how much this very trivial episode that doesn't tie into the main plot still quietly enforces themes that have been important throughout the series, and tbh, does about as much to make me think we could someday get an ending that's hopeful and fits the lighter elements of the post-Golden Age series without feeling fake or untrue to the darkness, as any of the more meaningful bits.
-I love the art of the spirits hounding Guts for killing demon children, becoming the black dog, then the shape of Femto's mask
-Puck fighting one spirit, deciding it means he's stronger than Guts, then going full-on Guts on them rofl
-Guts actually laughing about it, a real laugh Happy tears
-That whole "Beast? Monster? I'm...me" bit gave me some feelings, like, he'll be monstrous if that's what getting Griffith involves, what he is is wrapped entirely around that goal and maybe inseparable from it, but...there's still a "me" there, he hasn't fully given up on that spark of person-ness within it.
-Farnese thinking her one little tiny sword slash defeated him Laughing But then there's a few panels where she also looks a little suspicious about it, I think there's a very small part of her that already knows that what she's set up as and what her world's supposed to be has nothing behind it, that it's just play-acting power and strength, but she fights so fucking hard not to see it.
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Ya know, with so much more of an emphasis on Behelits and sacrifices in the manga, and that bit you mentioned about how Guts didn't do a Griffith/Casca with Jill...

Spoiler:

...presumably, at some point, the rest of Godhand, or maybe whatever the Skull Knight is apart of, is going to offer to Guts their power to either take down Femto or maybe to bring Casca "back", but at the sacrifice of the new party that he's growing close to.
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure we came up with that at some point while watching the anime Razz  At the time I didn't think it'd work well b/c I didn't feel the new team enough to believe it'd be a satisfyingly tough choice, but they have grown on me (somewhat in spite of myself) enough that I'd find it pretty brutal now. Especially if it's set up so that the "right" choice would mean giving up on bringing Casca back, that'd be awful Sad
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Just in case you want to get a head-start, I am going to read the next two or three volumes tomorrow
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Vol 17/122-132

Spoiler:

- Puck making Guts thank him, and then gets even more petty about it Laughing
- Serpico's eyes going wide open when the night monsters burst up after Guts, meanwhile Farnese can't perceive Puck
- Guts look as demon-like or more demon like than the demon dogs he's killing
- Eyyyyy Rape Horse
- Serpico admitting that even though Farnese got lust-zombie'd and humiliated, he's just not strong enough to take down Guts
- And then he fucking goes for it with eyes open when Guts turns his back Shiny/thrilled
- And he already perceives Puck, dat tricky Serpico
- General Laban's a pretty good guy
- The demons cursing the kingdom so Griffith can come gallop in an be seen as the saviour
- Griffith warning Zodd that he'll be his new Guts once this whole "Conviction Arc" business is done with
- Erica carefully catching Puck Laughing
- Puck recognizing Rickert
- Fuckkkkk, Guts telling Godo that no one understands because all of his irreplaceable things died like insects and then Godo tells him that he abandoned his last remaining irreplaceable things two years ago ;_;
- The Hill of Swords
- Thinking about the Band of the Hawk and he thinks back to the campfires on the hill
- Erica's gonna eat Puck Laughing
- "Rickert. Erica's your responsibility." ;_;
- Oh right, Mozgus clubbing a dude to death with his Bible rofl
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Thanks to the heads-up, here's Vol 17/122-132!

Spoiler:

-Puck threatening to return the keys if he doesn't say 'thank you,' because stealing is wrong. And then forcing him to apologize to the horse, too Laughing
-Guts flashing back to Casca being raped Sad
-massively oversexualized again, Miura, you've got to pick, horrifying or sexy, and you've gone too far in horrifying to give up on that now. In general in the manga, how detailed and sexed-up a lot of the violence/torture is feels like it's telling us way too much about what he's into, the earlier part did it somewhat but it feels like he's working in way more opportunities and in way more detail now and it's kind of like "uh, should we give you some privacy for this?".
-he's glad remembering brought back that awful feeling, because it'll give him the strength to kill them all
-Farnese being confronted with her religious/BDSM desires is just as fucked up, or maybe moreso, but much less clumsy in the manga, and links it in more solidly with her knowledge of and refusal to admit how powerless she is, and why she can't/won't see the supernatural things
-I'm still backdatedly lol'ing at the anime with every panel where gravity and Farnese's boobs coexist
-Puck's wtf face when possessed Farnese straddles the sword, Miura why are you making me laugh at this rofl
-Serpico playing it apologetic and reasonable and acknowledging he can't take on Guts and then going for him as soon as he turns away
-and his casual 'bye' to Puck, almost like parting shot to Guts, "I'm not just able to score a (tiny) hit on you, I get all this supernatural stuff too."
-"Each event occurred individually yet converged upon one idea. Each night an utter darkness fully enveloped their world."This page is fantastic.
-the manga feels more grounded in the world, the war and plague and everything feel more real and present and connected than in the anime
-even the apostles cannot satisfy Zod( Wink wink nudge nudg ), even beings far beyond human are insufficient. But then the white hawk appearing to him while he's thinking that implies that Griffith is somehow more than the rest of the world, mundane or supernatural,, that he alone has meaning
-Guts appearing like an ominous shadow before Erica, but as soon as we see his face, his expression is soft and gentle like we haven't seen in ages, it's almost like old Guts again, it almost made me want to tear up.
-that shot of Erica taking Casca fruit-picking
-Guts' face when Godo says why not just leave the fighting and hatred  Sad
-"the thing about hatred, it's the place where people who can't look sorrow in the eye without wavering run off to" and the entire ass-kicking he gives Guts, damn
-god, when he's talking about the eclipse  Crying
-Rickert crediting Puck with Guts still being Guts
-Being introduced to Mozgus' torturers, Serpico thinks "I like his style" rofl
-Farnese's little smile at the torture, and Serpico's unreadable face
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Vol 18/133-143

This'll be it for this week I think

Spoiler:

- Eyyyy Isidoro
- Eyyyy Kushan
- Eyyyy Gatsoo
- Isidoro blankly following Guts after he just wiped out the Kushan Laughing
- Eyyyy Silat
- Kids fighting over Rats to eat
- Oh right, Conviction Arc = edgy torture porn
- Casca keeps reaching for the hawk
- Mozgus is such a cartoon character.
- Eyyyyy more Skull Knight backstory
- Surely, a lot of the pagan sex orgy was censored in the Japanese version?
- "Kiss his dick to defile God."
- For a second, Casca gets triggered and seems to remember who she is... and then it calls on more demons
- Puck tricks Isidoro into lifting up Guts sword and trapping himself underneath it rofl
- "I ain't about to be under anyone." And Guts just smirks because he knows what's going on
- Mozgus' wheel executions turning into Demon Wheels. Probs my fav monster I've seen in this so far
- Their fucking faces when Isidoro's sword breaks rofl
- And then Puck uses Isidoro as a shield while he freaks out
- And Puck seems to recognize Skull Knight somehow
- I liked that whole "reflection of moonlight on the water" metaphor as a description for what the upcoming event is and what they kind of exist as.
- "You shoulda bummed a ride off him" "OOG"
- Skull Knight kind of felt like an Elf?
- We just had a freaky monster sex orgy that everyone melted into, and now we're getting Farnese's backstory where she learns to control the shadows by throwing the torches and making them dance
bomaye
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum