reLife

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: reLife

Post by bomaye on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:23 am

Enail wrote:
E10:

-If Honoka always got resentment for being better than everyone else, why the fuck wouldn't she join a powerhouse team where the other people could actually compete with her, instead of deciding people will totally like her if she just joins a crappy team and tries to play at their level. No one's so good athletically that they can't find people who could challenge them a bit at least. This sweet, hapless talent plot is really not well thought-out. And I'm still finding her a really bland character. I need unexpected revelations, stat!

Spoiler:

She wants to have fun, not be super competitive Uh-oh

I didn't realize this until just now, but she had a similar problem with competitiveness that Kaizaki's senpai did

Spoiler:

-Kaizaki's little melancholy smile watching all the young 'uns together helping each other

<3
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm

I wrote out a long reaction for E11, but the forum ate it Sad So here's a really short one.

E11:

-Man, Ryo is brutal, going for the throat to prove Kaizaki's not okay.
-Kaizaki's smile when he says he's okay and ready to leave the graveyard looks eerily like Ryo's closed eyes cute-but-sneaky smile
-The juniors at his old company being inspired by him quitting  Lovestruck
-I was surprised that it was only slightly a set up.
Good episode
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Noooooo, long reply Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Watched this a couple months ago myself 'cause it was the most appealing-looking thing on Crunchyroll at the time.

I don't have much to add except that this morning I awoke to a horrible charlie-horse. "That's right... adults need to warm up first, or they'll hurt themselves."
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh no, another person who's suddenly ahead of me Laughing
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 pm

E12:

-Hishiro gets to call his smile creepy for a change Laughing
-An, this is your job, stop being inappropriate with the subjects! It's pretty obvious why they didn't assign Kaizaki to her.
-Oh come on, Kaizaki, why would Hishiro know Ryo, who otherwise stays under the radar and doesn't get close to anyone at school...except for you? Connect the dots here, man!
- They're so happy they get to expense their beer Laughing
-It's kind of cute how An and Kaizaki always bond over wanting to set up Kariu and Ouga.
-"After all the time he's spent toying with my heart" rofl
-Ryo encouraging the 27-yr-old to get a high school girlfriend Disapproving
-Aw, he's upset that they'll forget him Sad
-Ouga's oblivious "I like everyone."  Laughing But I totally did that in middle school once  Uh-oh
-And his happily nodding as little thought bubble Karius pop up. This boy is too cute. AND he makes nice bentos.
-"Apologize to my parents" rofl
-Oh no, New Guy from his old workplace!!!
-More high school kids who clearly like each other and yet won't just go the fuck out with each other.  Facepalm Kaizaki, save me from this endless torture with your old man meddling! At least he's mercilessly teasing Ouga for me.

This was a fun episode! The lighter, high schoolier episodes don't have to be boring.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:55 pm

One more left Surprised
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Last one!
13:

-Festival episode! It's such a cliche, but I like them!  Run in circles flail
-Ouga uses no leadup whatsoever Laughing
-And Kariu and Ouga both freaking out at each other asking Laughing
-Ouga thinks he's not good at picking up on things.  You think?!
-I suppose Ryo knows Hishiro's not a high school student, but he knows Kaizaki doesn't but still encourages him to hit on her. SERIOUSLY DISAPPROVE!  Disapproving
-Kaizaki's "thanks for seeing me that way" thought reaction was sweet, they've got a cute dynamic
-The melancholy fireworks and "you're an illusion that's meant to fade away," my feelings Sad
-A-HA! Adult confirmed! It's about time the show admitted it!
-But I still really don't feel like they wrote her quite right most of the time for a clueless adult pretending to be a clueless teenager, other than when she was giving Kariu pep talks she came across pretty young.
-Also, she thinks Kaizaki's a teenager too (even though he treats her like a little sister)! MORE DISAPPROVE  Disapproving
-It's all set up for a kiss and he gives her another big brother head pat and ganbaru speech, aww, only one person's a creeper here (HISHIRO, I'M LOOKING AT YOU. Well, and Ryo, setting up people to creep on people they think are teenagers but aren't is pretty creepy itself Uh-oh)
-This show uses convenient falls and fainting way too much
-Happy school life ending   Smile

Huh, I was sort of assuming the season would cover the whole year of reLife and by the end at least one person would either graduate from it or get expelled or be returned for another year for some reason - I thought maybe either Kaizaki would tell Hishiro he's an adult or vice versa and get kicked out and forgotten and next season would be trying to fix that - or at least that there'd be something a little dramatic happen that uses the heavier emotional potential of the premise. They're keeping it really gentle and sweet. Not quite what I expected, but a nice little show, I'm glad there's a next season.

Also, when Kaizaki graduates, he would be a fucking awesome ReLife support staff, way better than the other two.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:21 am

Spoiler:

Oga's confession = best confession rofl

I really loved the switch with Hishiro and Kaizaki. You want them to get together but it's wrong because of the age gap but then you realize there may not be an age gap and you want them to realize there might not be an age gap and they find out there isn't an age gap just SO THEY CAN NOT GET TOGETHER AT A DRAMATIC MOMENT BECAUSE THEY THINK THERE'S AN AGE GAP AGHHHHHHH
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Spoiler:

Why can't everyone just confess like Oga?

I was pretty sure there wasn't really an age gap before I really started thinking there was anything between them, but I was 100% sure there'd be some angst somewhere in that realm before the end of the series. Actually, the lack of angst pleasantly surprised me, leaving it in the realm of 'okay, I'm having a little bit of nostalgia crush feelings but I'm not going to get too invested in this because he/she is an effin' teenager and I'm just pretending'  makes it a lot less uncomfortable than it could land up getting if they were getting more serious and angsty about it.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm

The 4 episode finale is coming out on netflix on the 21st Nod
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Oh cool, I'd forgotten about that. And hey, wasn't Orange also supposed to have had another thing a ways back too, what happened to that?
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm

It was a movie

The film will be narrated from the viewpoint of Suwa, as he continues to support Kakeru and Naho's relationship. It will also feature an original story written by the series' original creator Ichigo Takano, which takes place after the events in the manga and TV anime. The tagline in the key visual reads, "Since that day, I've always wanted to show those two this future—."v

bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 pm

I take it you never did watch it?
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm pretty terrible at finding the time to watch movies Lurking/sketchy

Also movie releases are trickier because they take longer to sub, so it doesn't usually match up with seasonal releases and I end up forgetting about them later
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 am

Episode 14 (I'm simulwatching it with someone else so I won't be bingeing them right away)

Me Before The Episode: "Huh, it's been so long, I wonder if I can get back into the swing of things"
Me After The Episode: "FFFFFF GOD DAMMIT ;_;"

Spoiler:

- I forgot how good the music is in this
- Dohohoo, Hishiro threw the test so whatsername could be #1 and pinned up with Oga-kun
- "Hey, didn't you get flustered w/ Oka-kun" Dohohoo
- "Is Kaizaki a reLifer." OH SHIT, SHE FIGURED HIM OUT
- An as the new helper, adults are just the worst at acting like kids
- Hishiro trying to trick Ryo into saying something
- Ugh, that stuff about Kaizaki saying "why don't we realize this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing?"
- Hishiro volunteers immediately
- These fucking adult nerds taking control
- "GANBATTE!" "MOCHIRON-DESU"
- Not just adult nerds, ultimate fucking nerds (Hishiro flexing rofl )
- Oga-kun telling his adult-NEET friends about his adult-NEET older brother :/
- And he was mostly just worried about upsetting his brother :/
- "What would Hishiro think if she knew the real me" Sad
- Hishiro's thumbs up at the maid dress Laughing
- Look at these two NEET adults diligently working in a low stress environment to get things done
- Annnnd Kaizaki finally admits that he's starting to love what he thinks is a high school girl, probs just jump out the window at this point
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 pm

E14
Spoiler:

-the music getting more dissonant when ?Ryo (I've forgotten half the characters' names) tells Hishiro she should get involved with other people more.
-new lyrics and empty school in the intro
-?Kariu's almost as outraged when she beats Hishiro as when she loses to her
-HISHIRO FIGURED IT OUT!
-that's harsh that they kick you out of ReLifeing even if it's another ReLifer that finds out you're an adult.
-no, don't leave and make us be stuck with the annoying observer for the next 3.5 episodes, Ryo (if that is your name Uh-oh)!
-Hishiro trying to trick him into admitting Kaizaki's an adult and An gets scared by the atmosphere Laughing
-they didn't even bother drawing the background students in class rofl
-"you're low-key great at ordering people around" is kind of an awesome compliment
-and he's happy people put their hopes in him
-...do they really think waitresses wear maid costumes in English-style cafes? Uh-oh They'd probably get a kick out of the fact that here if they're wearing a maid costume it's because it's a Japanese cafe, though Wink
-she's so offended when he tells her to ganbaru. "Obviously!" rofl
-Another person bullied by their co-workers. And Kaizaki's hand immediately goes to his throat Sad
-Kaizaki's got to be a ReLife observer or a high school counsellor or something when he's done the program, he's always so in his element giving out grownuply advice
-worrying what Hishiro would think of him, but not wanting to admit to himself it's b/c he likes her
-former member of the volleyball team is a position with special powers??
-That ending just sitting there while she's sleeping, fading to black and he finally sloooooowly admits it to himself
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:40 am

ReLife 15

Me: Am I gonna make it through this episode, ReLife?
ReLife: No worries, you'll be fine Thumbs-up
Me After Episode: "... You lied Crying "
ReLife: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Spoiler:

- Poor secondary characters, just existing like school ghosts
- Dohohoooooo, Maid Tsundere-chan trying to wear a sweatshirt over it
- Dohohohooooo, Maid Hishiro
- Even the kids think he's a mature old man character
- He's trying to stay out of the pictures Sad
- Even Sensei ships Kaizaki x Hishiro
- Hishiro going for it "just to confirm", Kaizaki explaining to her it just kinda happens
- I love how even though there's extenuating circumstances, Kaizaki has a completely "um, I guess..." high school reaction to his future plans
- Everyone going to Aoba U, "we'll all be together again" FUCK
- Telling Ryo he wants to stay in his reLife and go to college with all of his new friends. Ryo telling him that there was no way he could live this reLife the way he did without his old self in the first place
- And Ryo telling him they'll have drinks and reminisce about his reLife as adults ;_;
- FUCK, Hishiro and Kaizaki will forget each other because of how the system works
- "The ghosts of school life"
- Kaizaki hopes that somehow he can be remembered by someone in his school picture
- OH GOD THEY'RE TURNING TO EACH OTHER IN THE PICTURE, HELP, MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT

Just in case you skipped the preview

Spoiler:

D

A

T

E
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:17 pm

E15
Spoiler:

-"that could get you arrested, you know" rofl
-everyone blushing about everyone else's maid/butler uniforms
-Hishiro doesn't usually wear glasses, does she?
-Kaizaki's type is "old man" even to peope who think he's a teenager rofl
-he leaves himself out of the picture Sad
-Hishiro's going for it
-confirming it by seeing whether he's freaked out at the idea of people thinking he's going out with a teenager, Hishiro's clearly the smart one here!
-And Kaizaki goes into adult advice-giving mode to distance himself from his feelings
-that bonfire-light feeling
-"that's extremely annoying coming from you, four eyes braid girl" Laughing
-asking to just stay in this life and grow old with them Sad
-Ryo running after him to say he won't forget him and wants to know each other as adults Happy tears
-But Kaizaki just plays it cool Sad
-Damn it's brutal that they don't get to remember each other afterwards. But it just occurred to me how easily Ryo and An could give this a happy ending by just introducing them after they've returned to being adults
-both of them finding comfort in the idea of being a ghost but in the photo at least
-They're looking at each other in the photo!!!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Shit wrecked me ;_;

Probs gonna do the other two over the course of the week hopefully, but the person I watch reLife with is the same person I watch March Lion with and doing both at the same time would probably just melt me into a puddle, and we gotta do March Lion first
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:27 pm

E16

Spoiler:

- You'll make it through the tests, old man
- Take Kariu to a christmas tree, Oga-kun
- "Grown-up advice"
- "Climb the stairs of adulthood." rofl
- AND HE DOESN'T GET IT
- And even the guy who notices nothing notices Hishiro and Kaizaki have a thing for each other
- Holy shit Hishiro running away from him rofl rofl rofl
- That other girl's face changing as she's hoping Hishiro finally realizes her ship is sailing
- Kaizaki and Oga dying on the track, RIP Old Man, I feel your pain
- Dohoho she asked him out on a d-d-d-d-d- can't say it
- I love how the adults are awkwardly looking at their phones, unsure what they should say and when they should say it Laughing
- D-d-d-d-d-d-date
- Hishiro researched plans and printed them out. God dammit that is too adorable
- Getting creeped on by the reLife nerds
- AGH HER BIRTHDAY TOO
- And now they're on the Ferris wheel, realizing that they're going to disappear from each other's lives before they can think about next year
- Fading out of the picture Sad
- He said the love word, and she reciprocated, you're gonna ruin me, aren't you anime? Smile Sad
- (Awful music to bust in on that moment)
- Next episode named "Life", fuck off, no one wants life lessons.

Ending prediction

Spoiler:

They're going to Kimi no na wa/Your Name us with the phone straps after Ryo and An invite both of them to adult re:Life drinks.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:38 pm

E17

Spoiler:

- Dohohoo, the kids understand Kaizaki's moods
- Calling each other just because they want to hear everyone's voices before everything gets erased Sad
- CARPE DIEM
- Surprised Sensei and she cried
- Writing "Thank You" on the chalkboard
- Hishiro bows in thanks to the school and asks for a hug
- CAN I HAVE A HUG TOO
- Oh god, she gets that they're both going to forget each other and that he's lying as easily he breathes, that callback ;_;
- SHE TRIED TO WRITE ON HER HAND AGHHHHH
- Kaizaki is now a full-blown adult with creeper pictures of teenagers on his phone
- And he wants to be part of the reLife lab because obviously he's a super-good school counserlour
- Theme starts playing, there's still time
- AGH SENPAI DON'T INTERRUPT THEM
- She joined the reLife lab too, An likely pushing her when she found out Kaizaki was in on it too
- Dohohoooooooooooo, talking about their reLives and the fireworks is starting to jogs memories
- YOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KIMI NO NA WA ENDING
- Fucking bamboo waterslide, someone should really move that from above my head already Crying

Spoiler:

Well, that ended up fucking my shit up more than I thought it would, I wonder if the webcomic ended differently
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:02 pm

E16
Spoiler:

-asking for his grown-up advice, I'm surprised they haven't just declared him to have failed at passing as a kid and kicked him out of ReLife, just based on how often people call him a grown-up Laughing
-"climb the stairs of adulthood," Oga's so fucking clueless rofl
-she just slides away backwards while he shrinks into chibi form rofl
-how Hishiro, to sensibly decide she needs a little distance to figure out how she feels...and then implementing it by freaking out and running away every time she sees Kaizaki without telling him anything Facepalm Actually, now that I think about it, while Kaizaki goes around giving everyone advice and treating them all like younger siblings he's looking out for, Hishiro's relying on advice from teenagers. They are on two totally different levels of reLifeing Uh-oh
-he thinks "we'll never go out at this rate," then realizing that he's not supposed to be thinking that Laughing OTOH, Hishiro's pretty much figured out he's an adult too, and he's still 100% clueless about her, maybe she's the reLife champion.
-her super-formal text rofl
-his reflection is adult him in a suit :/
-she presents him with several pages of date research rofl But his reaction is sweet, how much he's trying to be a reassuring, warm date-experience for her, like he's trying to make sure it's a good forgotten-memory that'll help her for next time when he's disappeared and she dates a (he assumes) fellow teenager someday.
-the suit in the window
-Giving him a phone charm like the stickers she always uses and her hair clip, that will still be there when he doesn't remember her, omg, I can't
-Ryo told him it's her birthday! It's okay, he's shipping those two so hard, I'm calling it, there's no way he's going to not make sure they get back together afterwards, happy ending guaranteed!
-they both get sad talking about celebrating next year Sad
-telling her how happy he was this year, and she's just picturing herself disappearing Sad Sad Sad (also, how is he not thinking about her being a reLifer too, the way she's getting so sad over talking about how happy they are exactly the same way he is)
-argh, and now both feeling guilty and apologizing for taking away their happy date when they disappear
-HE TELLS HER HE LOVES HER
-AND SHE FEELS IT TOO (way to be a coward and just be like "ditto," Hishiro, ya gotta actually say the words!)
-what the fuck is with that music, it totally doesn't fit the mood
-gazing into each other's eyes as they walk in the rain together, Romantic Date Experience achieved!  cheers
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Enail wrote:E16
Spoiler:

But his reaction is sweet, how much he's trying to be a reassuring, warm date-experience for her, like he's trying to make sure it's a good forgotten-memory that'll help her for next time when he's disappeared and she dates a (he assumes) fellow teenager someday.

Just wreck my shit after the fact even more why don't you Crying
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Wait up y'all... I'm... catching... up... Snail

e14:

-Of course she figured it out.
-Hishiro trying to be tricky so hard it gets creepy in the room Laughing
-More Four-eyes Pigtails for this season, I guess.
-Also, these observers take way too much perverse pleasure in teasing both Kaizaki and Hishiro about being allegedly into high schoolers
-Ahhhh, yeah, I remember this show, Kaizaki always saying bittersweet stuff about the fleeting nature of youth & making me all verklempt
-Hooray a pretext for hanging out and being too responsible together Heart
-Seriously, Hishiro flexing about her ultimate responsible nerd abilities rofl
-Oga has a NEET brother?
-Kaizaki’s hand on his throat as soon as he hears “bullying” :/
-And Oga’s more worried about his brother’s feelings than Kariu’s opinion of him, this is a good dude Heart
-Worrying if Hishiro would accept his real self Sad
-Oh god and now he’s said it, no more trying to convince himself he’s just a disinterested helpful friendquaintance Run in circles flail
“Enail” wrote:-Kaizaki's got to be a ReLife observer or a high school counsellor or something when he's done the program, he's always so in his element giving out grownuply advice
Man I hope that’s how it wraps up, the way 75% of episodes of Intervention end with the addict becoming a rehab counselor. He and Hishiro start their own ReLife business where you’re allowed to fall in love with other test subjects because the alternative is AGONY TO VIEWERS
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum