reLife

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: reLife

Post by bomaye on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:23 am

Enail wrote:
E10:

-If Honoka always got resentment for being better than everyone else, why the fuck wouldn't she join a powerhouse team where the other people could actually compete with her, instead of deciding people will totally like her if she just joins a crappy team and tries to play at their level. No one's so good athletically that they can't find people who could challenge them a bit at least. This sweet, hapless talent plot is really not well thought-out. And I'm still finding her a really bland character. I need unexpected revelations, stat!

Spoiler:

She wants to have fun, not be super competitive Uh-oh

I didn't realize this until just now, but she had a similar problem with competitiveness that Kaizaki's senpai did

Spoiler:

-Kaizaki's little melancholy smile watching all the young 'uns together helping each other

<3
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm

I wrote out a long reaction for E11, but the forum ate it Sad So here's a really short one.

E11:

-Man, Ryo is brutal, going for the throat to prove Kaizaki's not okay.
-Kaizaki's smile when he says he's okay and ready to leave the graveyard looks eerily like Ryo's closed eyes cute-but-sneaky smile
-The juniors at his old company being inspired by him quitting  Lovestruck
-I was surprised that it was only slightly a set up.
Good episode
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Noooooo, long reply Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Watched this a couple months ago myself 'cause it was the most appealing-looking thing on Crunchyroll at the time.

I don't have much to add except that this morning I awoke to a horrible charlie-horse. "That's right... adults need to warm up first, or they'll hurt themselves."
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh no, another person who's suddenly ahead of me Laughing
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 pm

E12:

-Hishiro gets to call his smile creepy for a change Laughing
-An, this is your job, stop being inappropriate with the subjects! It's pretty obvious why they didn't assign Kaizaki to her.
-Oh come on, Kaizaki, why would Hishiro know Ryo, who otherwise stays under the radar and doesn't get close to anyone at school...except for you? Connect the dots here, man!
- They're so happy they get to expense their beer Laughing
-It's kind of cute how An and Kaizaki always bond over wanting to set up Kariu and Ouga.
-"After all the time he's spent toying with my heart" rofl
-Ryo encouraging the 27-yr-old to get a high school girlfriend Disapproving
-Aw, he's upset that they'll forget him Sad
-Ouga's oblivious "I like everyone."  Laughing But I totally did that in middle school once  Uh-oh
-And his happily nodding as little thought bubble Karius pop up. This boy is too cute. AND he makes nice bentos.
-"Apologize to my parents" rofl
-Oh no, New Guy from his old workplace!!!
-More high school kids who clearly like each other and yet won't just go the fuck out with each other.  Facepalm Kaizaki, save me from this endless torture with your old man meddling! At least he's mercilessly teasing Ouga for me.

This was a fun episode! The lighter, high schoolier episodes don't have to be boring.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:55 pm

One more left Surprised
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Last one!
13:

-Festival episode! It's such a cliche, but I like them!  Run in circles flail
-Ouga uses no leadup whatsoever Laughing
-And Kariu and Ouga both freaking out at each other asking Laughing
-Ouga thinks he's not good at picking up on things.  You think?!
-I suppose Ryo knows Hishiro's not a high school student, but he knows Kaizaki doesn't but still encourages him to hit on her. SERIOUSLY DISAPPROVE!  Disapproving
-Kaizaki's "thanks for seeing me that way" thought reaction was sweet, they've got a cute dynamic
-The melancholy fireworks and "you're an illusion that's meant to fade away," my feelings Sad
-A-HA! Adult confirmed! It's about time the show admitted it!
-But I still really don't feel like they wrote her quite right most of the time for a clueless adult pretending to be a clueless teenager, other than when she was giving Kariu pep talks she came across pretty young.
-Also, she thinks Kaizaki's a teenager too (even though he treats her like a little sister)! MORE DISAPPROVE  Disapproving
-It's all set up for a kiss and he gives her another big brother head pat and ganbaru speech, aww, only one person's a creeper here (HISHIRO, I'M LOOKING AT YOU. Well, and Ryo, setting up people to creep on people they think are teenagers but aren't is pretty creepy itself Uh-oh)
-This show uses convenient falls and fainting way too much
-Happy school life ending   Smile

Huh, I was sort of assuming the season would cover the whole year of reLife and by the end at least one person would either graduate from it or get expelled or be returned for another year for some reason - I thought maybe either Kaizaki would tell Hishiro he's an adult or vice versa and get kicked out and forgotten and next season would be trying to fix that - or at least that there'd be something a little dramatic happen that uses the heavier emotional potential of the premise. They're keeping it really gentle and sweet. Not quite what I expected, but a nice little show, I'm glad there's a next season.

Also, when Kaizaki graduates, he would be a fucking awesome ReLife support staff, way better than the other two.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:21 am

Spoiler:

Oga's confession = best confession rofl

I really loved the switch with Hishiro and Kaizaki. You want them to get together but it's wrong because of the age gap but then you realize there may not be an age gap and you want them to realize there might not be an age gap and they find out there isn't an age gap just SO THEY CAN NOT GET TOGETHER AT A DRAMATIC MOMENT BECAUSE THEY THINK THERE'S AN AGE GAP AGHHHHHHH
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Spoiler:

Why can't everyone just confess like Oga?

I was pretty sure there wasn't really an age gap before I really started thinking there was anything between them, but I was 100% sure there'd be some angst somewhere in that realm before the end of the series. Actually, the lack of angst pleasantly surprised me, leaving it in the realm of 'okay, I'm having a little bit of nostalgia crush feelings but I'm not going to get too invested in this because he/she is an effin' teenager and I'm just pretending'  makes it a lot less uncomfortable than it could land up getting if they were getting more serious and angsty about it.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum