The Expanse

Go down

The Expanse

Post by bomaye on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:27 am

I'm two episodes in, anyone watched?

It's a near-future really realistic seeming sci-fi space opera-y mystery thing with guys in fedoras, political machinations, populist uprisings, potential wars, and it looks visibly kind of like Mass Effect and Alien (without the alien stuff). 1 season of 10 episodes so far, there'll be a new season in 2017. Based on a series of books (haven't ready, plz don't spoil) written by a guy who releases a new one every year (somewhere, GRRM just sighed painfully)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Expanse

Post by bomaye on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:05 am

Oh hello, Season 3 of the Expanse Lurking/sketchy
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:54 pm

I watched the first couple of episodes a little while back before I got distracted by other things, and I've read the first three of the books in this series so far, so was mostly watching to see how they adapted it. I may get back to it sometime.

I take it you've watched seasons 1 and 2 by now? How is it?
KMR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:18 pm

I haven't read the books so I can't speak to it as an adaptation, but as a TV show it's great. The sci-fi elements look so cool and CGI is spectacular (some of the space-battles and the big thing especially), the music is good, the attention to detail is crazy (Martians being dizzy on Earth because the horizon is different and they're not used to seeing anything that isn't through a screen), characters are mostly interesting.

It legit didn't take too long to sell me on the show, just the intro alone

It just says "We are serious about what we're doing here, from every angle." Someone wants there to be a very tangible atmosphere (which is strange because so much of it is in space), wants as much scientific accuracy as is possible, wants the sound to be perfect.

It kind of just occurred to me now that this is a series I'm eventually going to rewatch at some point, and I don't do that for a lot of things anymore.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Cool, I'll have to give it a watch sometime. I haven't been as excited about the books as some people I know, but I do like the hard sci-fi elements that make it feel like a pretty realistic depiction of a possible future.
KMR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

The spaceship battles in particular were a spectacular because of how hard sci-fi they were (except for sound in space ofc).
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum