March Comes In Like a Lion [Anime]

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March Comes In Like a Lion [Anime]

Post by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:03 am

e25:
-Shoe-goiiiii Lovestruck
-Is "plump, moist, luxurious" talking about Nikkaidou's lunch or him? Laughing
-I think Nikkaidou is rich enough to just sponsor a tournament where he and Rei just face off against each other again and again
-The imagined tournament with heartrending black and white freeze frames though rofl
-That's a p good Rei impression Nikkaidou
-"Look at him blushing, the ninny. God help me, that's cute." rofl
-"Just leave him be, Nikkaidou. It's funnier this way." AMEN
-Oh, it's not The Duck Sad
-Akari's towel hair ^______^
-I miss my ofuro Sad
-DON'T YOU DARE THROW ROCK CANS AT LITTLE REI  Angry
-Every Small Rei flashback is brutal Sad
-No the rest of your life won't be like this the weather is warming up nowwwww
-See you can go over for hamburger steak Happy tears
-NO WHAT DID THEY DO TO HINA
-KILL THEM, REI
e26:

(Prelude: I need y'all to imagine me watching this at an outdoor table in a tiny African village during downtime. Some small girls came by and watched March Lion with me despite not speaking English so I had to give a running narration in French. I will relay their commentary as well. )
-NOOO HINA WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU
-"Tsk, she hasn't done her hair at all." (re: Hina's pigtails)
-THESE BITCHES
-These kids ain't ever seen anime before and there's not even electricity in this village but immediately when it went to Chiho & Hina as smaller kids: "Oh, she's remembering when they were younger. It's a flashback." The language of film is universal, no one is safe from anime Uh-oh
-Damn this teacher toooo
-"They put her shoe in the toilet? You can't even get it back! Her mom is going to beat her so bad when she comes home with one shoe!" ...no y'all that's not the point of what's happening Uh-oh
-FUCK YES HINA BEAT THAT GIRL TO A PULP
-The little girls loled and loled at Momo's crying
-"Look at her run! Hahaha she's running like a boy!"
-You are so correct to not regret it, Hina. That is how you become a good adult.
-Oh my god. Hina holding her hand out to little Rei and big Rei repaying her. Happy tears
-Taking her to the library because HE nominally needs help with something. Rei knows how to do. Nod
-Yessss and then look up highly topical and emotionally resonant bugs while she looks at candy, CORRECT
-Fuck, the ladybug name origin. THAT made me want to tear up about as much as Rei's attack of feels while Hina cried.
-Coming home to that warm house. Heart
-Ojisan!! Yes! Heap praise on your excellent and courageous granddaughter!!
-"Ewww, why are they eating with sticks?!"
-Seriously though that dinner montage. So cozy. It was like being wrapped in an afghan.
e27:

-Sensei is ready to kill for Rei Laughing
-"I'm a professional at that. I've been eating lunch by myself for over 11 years." rofl....Sad
-I am glad teach gets a moment or two of dignified helpfulness in between all his sugoi eyes and heart bubbles, which are frankly adorable. "DIVING INTO THE ATMOSPHERE OF ADOLESCENCE!!"
-Uh Rei how is winning a bunch of money going to stop bullies?
-Oh I see, tutors and lawyers (lawyers! Laughing)
-Please invite Nikkaidou to burn in the flames of passion with you.
-"Rei doesn't seem to be getting fluffy at all." No, only internally Heart
-Speaking from experience: grandpa is so right.
-"Is curry all right for dinner?" Happy tears
-Ahaha don't take grandpa seriously, Rei
-The little Rei cat is pretty sweet. Heart
-But is this supposed to be setting up Rei and Hina as a possible couple? Cause I mean... she's like 12 or 13... and he's 18... and... well... scratch
e28:

-This shogi match is a little too romantic for comfort
-Rei enlisted Baseball Bro?? Heart
-No, Hina. They are not gonna write on your desk. Not without you and the whole baseball team going Hundred-Man Guts on them.
-You missed. The ball went past her head.
-Everyone who doesn't suck has positive memories of Chiho Heart
-Yesssss Hina beat the crap out of them follow the mad dog let it whisper in your ear Uh, violence solves nothing
-This teacher is a punk-ass bitch who doesn't seem to have any idea what she's doing, has she never seen adolescents misbehave before? Hina handled it like a champ though
-Damn right Hina's angry and she's going to make rivers of blood run through that school stairwell Erased-style

Last edited by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 am

I bet you just showed up and were like "time for some cozy chess and feels" not knowing you were walking into a binge of the bullying arc
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 am

Me: "Ah, time to relax with comfy watercolors and friendships."
March Lion: "Time to return to early-adolescent misery which everyone experiences, except turned up to 11 for these tragic people."
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Episode 30

Oh thank god, finally a happy episode

Spoiler:

- Acks it fucked my shit up, but you won't know that until after you've watched it Wink Wink Wink
- KILL THEM ALL, SENSEI
- Physically having to hold him back x)
- THE KAWAMOTO FATHER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
- So this is actually a reference to Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I would've chosen Berserk, but JoJo's fucking awesome too Lurking/sketchy
- Hayashida patting Rei on the back and giving him reassuring advice, just fuck my shit up
- Awww Nikkaidou lost Sad
- WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH NIKKAIDOU DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE
- Baby-mode Nikkaidou Shiny/thrilled
- Being judged for being rich but not even having a childhood to throwaway because of illness Sad
- 20,000 Leagues and Treasure Island
- Shimada made him cry by taking it easy on him, because he has nowhere to go if he's a weakling there, and that's why his style is so all-out and adventurous Sad
- Don't tell Rei because he'll lose his tough and then how does he become strong Sad
- STOP. THE. DEATH. FLAGS.
- "Chapter 61: Adventurers" RIP, my heart
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:06 pm

S2E8/30:

-Sensei's ready to beat up Hina's teacher Laughing
-Rei has to fucking hold him back rofl
-opening up to Hayashida-sensei how useless he feels
-he thinks he still counts as a total stranger to the Kawamotos?? Sad
-and then Hayashida smacks him and makes fun of him for acting like it's not his teacher's job to give advice rofl
-the way Akari tells him so calmly about their dad but he still gets how she's feeling
-"Hina's friend's former homeroom teacher" rofl
-Monster teacher rofl rofl rofl Hayashida-sensei is both comedy gold and heartwarming supportive adult figure gold in this episode
-oh no, Nikaidou! And just when Rei's getting determined to give him his perfect rival showdown Sad
-"If you ask me and I can't answer, there must be a reason" No
-Tiny Nikaidou with that giant energetic frown!!
-Shimada realizing what kind of person the little "spoiled rich kid" really is
-the worst thing to Nikaidou is being someone people would go easy on, this kid
-he doesn't want Rei to know b/c he doesn't want it to affect his playing and harm his rival-ability. This kid!
-OMG, Rei crying over Nikaidou's game sheet, then going stone-cold determined that he's going to get to the finals to be the rival he needs. I love all these people so much! Please don't die, Nikaidou! Sad

Isn't this E29, not 30?

Is it just me, or has this season been way more of a rollercoaster of feelings? I can't tell if last season felt slower and more gradual because it was, or because I've gotten used to the pace now so it doesn't feel as slow, or b/c I've gotten to care more about the characters and thus anything that happens is more of an emotional hit.

Last edited by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Nop, it's 30
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Whoops, right you are.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Ep 31

Spoiler:

- Finally, happiness!
- Pork-cutlet cubes!
- Oh, there it goes.
- The voice and look on this Yamazaki guy rofl
- Thaaaat music when Rei starts going to smash him
- Nikaidou's advice from the past got through to Rei ;_;
- And he won :_;
- And Nikaidou saw it ;_;
- Still can't really get into this bullying arc, just beat the shit out of the other girls until the fear of getting their youthful faces smashed in stays their hand. Hina's already been left out in the cold by everyone, there's really nothing to lose in that situation, so make the popular kids suffer too
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm

S2E9/31:

-I really associate the OP singer's voice with this show, I feel like if I heard her in some totally unrelated context, I'd instantly find myself in gentle shogi world
-it's a little awkward, but not a bad way to translate the katsu pun
-oh no, school trip, I'm scared for Hina No
-the metaphor-snow coming down while Hina says she has to go or she'll regret it
-he has to win to fight as hard as Hina and Nikaidou, I find that surprisingly touching
-the giant, dramatic music, looks about 50, deep-voiced opponent rofl
-omg, Nikaidou's opponent knew he couldn't win and kept him going till he collapsed!! KILL HIM, REI!!! KILL HIM
-that black-and-white shot of his face and the abstract bit after was gorgeous
-Hearing Nikaidou's voice in his head, I wanted to smile at this but I'm kind of scared of what it means about Nikaidou
-he won by loving people that much  Happy tears
-NIKAIDOU!
-Ha! When Hina was having stomach pains, I was totally thinking Shimada would come into it! Grin
-she is clearly not curled up in a little ball in that image Disapproving
-dramatically racing to bring Hina the best stomach medicine ever Laughing
-we're back in Anime Kyoto Shiny/thrilled
-he finds her by remembering what it's like to be alone on a school trip Sad
-she throws herself into his arms sobbing Happy tears
-he's totally being the adult he wishes someone was for him

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- Still can't really get into this bullying arc, just beat the shit out of the other girls until the fear of getting their youthful faces smashed in stays their hand. Hina's already been left out in the cold by everyone, there's really nothing to lose in that situation, so make the popular kids suffer too

Spoiler:
I don't think that would help a kid like Hina, especially since she did beat the one kid up already and it didn't seem to make her feel better (it was incredibly satisfying to watch, though Lurking/sketchy) I think the real problem isn't that they're being mean to her - we haven't even seen them doing anything on this trip - it's that they're excluding and rejecting her, and she can't smash their faces into wanting her around. If she's the girl they're mean to or the girl they're scared to be mean to, she's still alone and surrounded by people who want to be mean to her.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum