March Comes In Like a Lion [Anime]

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: March Comes In Like a Lion [Anime]

Post by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:03 am

e25:
-Shoe-goiiiii Lovestruck
-Is "plump, moist, luxurious" talking about Nikkaidou's lunch or him? Laughing
-I think Nikkaidou is rich enough to just sponsor a tournament where he and Rei just face off against each other again and again
-The imagined tournament with heartrending black and white freeze frames though rofl
-That's a p good Rei impression Nikkaidou
-"Look at him blushing, the ninny. God help me, that's cute." rofl
-"Just leave him be, Nikkaidou. It's funnier this way." AMEN
-Oh, it's not The Duck Sad
-Akari's towel hair ^______^
-I miss my ofuro Sad
-DON'T YOU DARE THROW ROCK CANS AT LITTLE REI  Angry
-Every Small Rei flashback is brutal Sad
-No the rest of your life won't be like this the weather is warming up nowwwww
-See you can go over for hamburger steak Happy tears
-NO WHAT DID THEY DO TO HINA
-KILL THEM, REI
e26:

(Prelude: I need y'all to imagine me watching this at an outdoor table in a tiny African village during downtime. Some small girls came by and watched March Lion with me despite not speaking English so I had to give a running narration in French. I will relay their commentary as well. )
-NOOO HINA WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU
-"Tsk, she hasn't done her hair at all." (re: Hina's pigtails)
-THESE BITCHES
-These kids ain't ever seen anime before and there's not even electricity in this village but immediately when it went to Chiho & Hina as smaller kids: "Oh, she's remembering when they were younger. It's a flashback." The language of film is universal, no one is safe from anime Uh-oh
-Damn this teacher toooo
-"They put her shoe in the toilet? You can't even get it back! Her mom is going to beat her so bad when she comes home with one shoe!" ...no y'all that's not the point of what's happening Uh-oh
-FUCK YES HINA BEAT THAT GIRL TO A PULP
-The little girls loled and loled at Momo's crying
-"Look at her run! Hahaha she's running like a boy!"
-You are so correct to not regret it, Hina. That is how you become a good adult.
-Oh my god. Hina holding her hand out to little Rei and big Rei repaying her. Happy tears
-Taking her to the library because HE nominally needs help with something. Rei knows how to do. Nod
-Yessss and then look up highly topical and emotionally resonant bugs while she looks at candy, CORRECT
-Fuck, the ladybug name origin. THAT made me want to tear up about as much as Rei's attack of feels while Hina cried.
-Coming home to that warm house. Heart
-Ojisan!! Yes! Heap praise on your excellent and courageous granddaughter!!
-"Ewww, why are they eating with sticks?!"
-Seriously though that dinner montage. So cozy. It was like being wrapped in an afghan.
e27:

-Sensei is ready to kill for Rei Laughing
-"I'm a professional at that. I've been eating lunch by myself for over 11 years." rofl....Sad
-I am glad teach gets a moment or two of dignified helpfulness in between all his sugoi eyes and heart bubbles, which are frankly adorable. "DIVING INTO THE ATMOSPHERE OF ADOLESCENCE!!"
-Uh Rei how is winning a bunch of money going to stop bullies?
-Oh I see, tutors and lawyers (lawyers! Laughing)
-Please invite Nikkaidou to burn in the flames of passion with you.
-"Rei doesn't seem to be getting fluffy at all." No, only internally Heart
-Speaking from experience: grandpa is so right.
-"Is curry all right for dinner?" Happy tears
-Ahaha don't take grandpa seriously, Rei
-The little Rei cat is pretty sweet. Heart
-But is this supposed to be setting up Rei and Hina as a possible couple? Cause I mean... she's like 12 or 13... and he's 18... and... well... scratch
e28:

-This shogi match is a little too romantic for comfort
-Rei enlisted Baseball Bro?? Heart
-No, Hina. They are not gonna write on your desk. Not without you and the whole baseball team going Hundred-Man Guts on them.
-You missed. The ball went past her head.
-Everyone who doesn't suck has positive memories of Chiho Heart
-Yesssss Hina beat the crap out of them follow the mad dog let it whisper in your ear Uh, violence solves nothing
-This teacher is a punk-ass bitch who doesn't seem to have any idea what she's doing, has she never seen adolescents misbehave before? Hina handled it like a champ though
-Damn right Hina's angry and she's going to make rivers of blood run through that school stairwell Erased-style

Last edited by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 am

I bet you just showed up and were like "time for some cozy chess and feels" not knowing you were walking into a binge of the bullying arc
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 am

Me: "Ah, time to relax with comfy watercolors and friendships."
March Lion: "Time to return to early-adolescent misery which everyone experiences, except turned up to 11 for these tragic people."
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Episode 30

Oh thank god, finally a happy episode

Spoiler:

- Acks it fucked my shit up, but you won't know that until after you've watched it Wink Wink Wink
- KILL THEM ALL, SENSEI
- Physically having to hold him back x)
- THE KAWAMOTO FATHER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
- So this is actually a reference to Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I would've chosen Berserk, but JoJo's fucking awesome too Lurking/sketchy
- Hayashida patting Rei on the back and giving him reassuring advice, just fuck my shit up
- Awww Nikkaidou lost Sad
- WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH NIKKAIDOU DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE
- Baby-mode Nikkaidou Shiny/thrilled
- Being judged for being rich but not even having a childhood to throwaway because of illness Sad
- 20,000 Leagues and Treasure Island
- Shimada made him cry by taking it easy on him, because he has nowhere to go if he's a weakling there, and that's why his style is so all-out and adventurous Sad
- Don't tell Rei because he'll lose his tough and then how does he become strong Sad
- STOP. THE. DEATH. FLAGS.
- "Chapter 61: Adventurers" RIP, my heart
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:06 pm

S2E8/30:

-Sensei's ready to beat up Hina's teacher Laughing
-Rei has to fucking hold him back rofl
-opening up to Hayashida-sensei how useless he feels
-he thinks he still counts as a total stranger to the Kawamotos?? Sad
-and then Hayashida smacks him and makes fun of him for acting like it's not his teacher's job to give advice rofl
-the way Akari tells him so calmly about their dad but he still gets how she's feeling
-"Hina's friend's former homeroom teacher" rofl
-Monster teacher rofl rofl rofl Hayashida-sensei is both comedy gold and heartwarming supportive adult figure gold in this episode
-oh no, Nikaidou! And just when Rei's getting determined to give him his perfect rival showdown Sad
-"If you ask me and I can't answer, there must be a reason" No
-Tiny Nikaidou with that giant energetic frown!!
-Shimada realizing what kind of person the little "spoiled rich kid" really is
-the worst thing to Nikaidou is being someone people would go easy on, this kid
-he doesn't want Rei to know b/c he doesn't want it to affect his playing and harm his rival-ability. This kid!
-OMG, Rei crying over Nikaidou's game sheet, then going stone-cold determined that he's going to get to the finals to be the rival he needs. I love all these people so much! Please don't die, Nikaidou! Sad

Isn't this E29, not 30?

Is it just me, or has this season been way more of a rollercoaster of feelings? I can't tell if last season felt slower and more gradual because it was, or because I've gotten used to the pace now so it doesn't feel as slow, or b/c I've gotten to care more about the characters and thus anything that happens is more of an emotional hit.

Last edited by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Nop, it's 30
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Whoops, right you are.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Ep 31

Spoiler:

- Finally, happiness!
- Pork-cutlet cubes!
- Oh, there it goes.
- The voice and look on this Yamazaki guy rofl
- Thaaaat music when Rei starts going to smash him
- Nikaidou's advice from the past got through to Rei ;_;
- And he won :_;
- And Nikaidou saw it ;_;
- Still can't really get into this bullying arc, just beat the shit out of the other girls until the fear of getting their youthful faces smashed in stays their hand. Hina's already been left out in the cold by everyone, there's really nothing to lose in that situation, so make the popular kids suffer too
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 pm

S2E9/31:

-I really associate the OP singer's voice with this show, I feel like if I heard her in some totally unrelated context, I'd instantly find myself in gentle shogi world
-it's a little awkward, but not a bad way to translate the katsu pun
-oh no, school trip, I'm scared for Hina No
-the metaphor-snow coming down while Hina says she has to go or she'll regret it
-he has to win to fight as hard as Hina and Nikaidou, I find that surprisingly touching
-the giant, dramatic music, looks about 50, deep-voiced opponent rofl
-omg, Nikaidou's opponent knew he couldn't win and kept him going till he collapsed!! KILL HIM, REI!!! KILL HIM
-that black-and-white shot of his face and the abstract bit after was gorgeous
-Hearing Nikaidou's voice in his head, I wanted to smile at this but I'm kind of scared of what it means about Nikaidou
-he won by loving people that much  Happy tears
-NIKAIDOU!
-Ha! When Hina was having stomach pains, I was totally thinking Shimada would come into it! Grin
-she is clearly not curled up in a little ball in that image Disapproving
-dramatically racing to bring Hina the best stomach medicine ever Laughing
-we're back in Anime Kyoto Shiny/thrilled
-he finds her by remembering what it's like to be alone on a school trip Sad
-she throws herself into his arms sobbing Happy tears
-he's totally being the adult he wishes someone was for him

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- Still can't really get into this bullying arc, just beat the shit out of the other girls until the fear of getting their youthful faces smashed in stays their hand. Hina's already been left out in the cold by everyone, there's really nothing to lose in that situation, so make the popular kids suffer too

Spoiler:
I don't think that would help a kid like Hina, especially since she did beat the one kid up already and it didn't seem to make her feel better (it was incredibly satisfying to watch, though Lurking/sketchy) I think the real problem isn't that they're being mean to her - we haven't even seen them doing anything on this trip - it's that they're excluding and rejecting her, and she can't smash their faces into wanting her around. If she's the girl they're mean to or the girl they're scared to be mean to, she's still alone and surrounded by people who want to be mean to her.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:45 am

Shogi 32

That feel when...

Spoiler:

... you're supposed to dislike the guy who played Nikkaidou's health out but then you end up identifying with him more than anyone in the show so far and want him to kill them all WHY DO YOU DO THIS SHOGI

- "Fucking normies" while he just wants to play shogi and tend to his pigeons
- I like to think they realized that they were three seconds away from him massacring them with his scary aura rofl
- His favourite pigeon never came home Sad
- He can barely drag himself up the mountain to throw himself into the water, Rei and Nikkaidou do it all the time with dat youthful passion
- NIKKAIDOU
- FUCKING
- SMILES
- If he died on the Shogi board, he'd be happy
- Sent him a bouquet from his garden and has a bit of that fire back
- Silver came home. RIP my heart
- Nikkaidou swearing he won't lose again.
- First they fuck my shit up, then they put us back on the river with Hina again.
- Rei memorized her itinerary immediately x)
- A lot of eating and happy
- "A celebratory match? With Souya?" OH. SHIT.
- OH.
- SHIT.

GET HYPE
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

S2E10/E32
Spoiler:

-deep-voiced guy's platitude gradually getting more realistic and less catchy Laughing
-turning the drinking buddies' questions back on them Laughing
-Yes! Stock questions that get personal and make wrong or awkward assumptions while still wanting you to keep it stock are the worst and make you want to kill everyone with your aura! I want to be disagreeing with Deep-voice about everything for what he did to Nikaidou, but he's making it hard Sad
-young Deep-voice still has those scarily intense eyes! I love the way this show still captures the essence of characters' looks even when they're younger!
-the sinking shogi board
-and that metaphorical leap off the cliff, shogi is always hell in this show
-it's funny how his corrected platitude at the start adds in all kinds of extra factors, but it's the 'belief' of the original cliche that he's struggling with and that lets Rei and Nikaidou keep flinging themselves easily off the cliff
-Nikaidou looking like hell but then that badass smile on his face
-He sent his hydrangeas
-and the bird came back  Happy tears
-Hina and Akari are so excited and frantic about the desserts rofl
-and grandpa just goes ahead and gets three of his
-and then when they're stuffed they're trying to blame Rei and Grandpa Laughing
-Hina's so happy and everyone else is so excited about it while Momo's just fighting with the package Laughing
-that's so sweet he brought her gentle foods to eat, Rei thinks of everything!
-HE BEAT DEEP-VOICE! YES!
-Holy shit, SOUYA NEXT WEEK!

HYPE GOTTEN
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:41 pm

E33

I hope you're ready for happiness and laughter

Spoiler:

- Because this episode is fucking hilarious x)
- Rei's reaction to even saying Souya's name.
- "In our country, he's known as The Child of God"
- No pressure Rei, you'll just win the big one one day
- These old fuckers. "WHEW, we're lucky Souya wasn't around when we were badasses."
- "What the hell happened to Shimada's life?" rofl rofl rofl
- Rei's being counted on
- That fucking night scenery, I want to live in Anime Japan
- A celebration with his nerd friends (HAYASHIDA IS WEARING A FAKE MUSTACHE)
- Nerdiest thing I've ever seen in my life
- Rei has to step out because he doesn't even know where this warm happy place came from ;_;
- "I wonder if what I suddenly gained will be lost just as suddenly." Just fuck my shit up
- NOGUCHIIIIIII getting a diary
- Yeah, that was half the episode in like 3 minutes, I don't know howtf it happened either
- Is he going to murder him and eat him in the mountains
- Oh, I guess we're going gay romance rofl
- It's completely natural, he has no evil intentions, holy shit rofl
- Shimada, a heart that even a therapist can't reach rofl
- Oh my fucking god, the contrast in playing styles rofl rofl rofl
- SHOUNEN GATSU ATTACKUH vs calm and collected black and white ruminations on the next move to make
- This fucking guy is Nikkaidou in the healthy timeline
- "I'd better literally defend it to the death." Dude's voice when he gets just a little firey about something, god
- Oh nooooo, club turnover because they're all 3rd years Sad
- The Principal and Vice Principal show up for shogi lessons rofl rofl
- Rei's fucking face
- Oh god, Hina bullying stuff incoming Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:04 am

Berserk's Kentaro Miura drew Yamazaki from Ep 32. She also drew an alternate cover of Berserk (THAT'S MISLEADING AS HELL AND SHE SHOULD FEEL BAD)

Apparently Miura has asked Chika Umino (pen name of the March Lion writer) advice for writing female characters before.

I ship it

Oh god. From an interview that Miura and a few others did talking about her

Mori: Ahh, the time she got angry after I called her “Frieza-sama”.

Hoshi: Yes. She was even angry on twitter as well (laughs).

Miura: What’s this?

Hoshi: Well, during the after-party of the Hakusensha party, we were all talking about manga whilst drinking.

Mori: Then Umino-sensei said “for 3-gatsu, I’m still in third gear”.

Hoshi: She’s still nowhere near using the top gear with 3-gatsu.

Mori: She said she was yet to use the fourth and fifth gear, so we were all quite startled.

This isn't even Frieza-sama's final form
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:21 pm

There was no way I could have been ready for that.

S2E11/E33:

-just saying Souya's name and it's black-and-white, dramatic raining and snowing and memories, child of god indeed Wink
-chairman puts the pressure on
-poor Shimada Sad  The old dudes need to rewatch that bit when Rei first played Shimada and he was like "oh, you finally looked up here," and realize what a badass he is
-OMG, Science!friends made him a surprise party Shiny/thrilled With homemade food experiments!
-they're all celebrating his awesome game and he just turns right around and can barely get out a bathroom excuse  Sad
-just sobbing in the bathroom and can't stop, from being in "this warm place" Happy tears
-even the bathroom is sparkly with  magical happiness
-but he's already wondering if it'll disappear just as quickly
-...but he can still just be happy right now....fuck this show why does it make me feel so much
-Hayashida and Science Mustache Friend getting blush circles and shoujo eyelashes at seeing him buying a diary to keep his happy memory Laughing And then Science Mustache Friend buys one too!
-I was completely confused when the snowstorm turned out to be real and not metaphorical rofl
-Issa's fallen to the mountain therapy, what the fuck was that rofl
-And Shimada's immune to it because of his hardworking mountain village childhood Laughing
-"A man with a heart not even a therapist can access" rofl I love Smith
-The match between mega-dramatic, hair-blowing-in-the-wind, earthquakes-and-lightshows whassisname and black-and-white, low key elevator music, thinking-through-each-option-move-by-move Shimada Laughing
-"Gakuro will be okay, right?" rofl
-Oh no, Science!Friends retiring Sad Sad Sad
-Science Mustache Friend is so wise he even gives Hayashida-sensei advice
-AND HE CALLS HIM SENSEI rofl
-holy shit, Noguchi brought the principal and vice-principal to be the new club members
-"and the average member age increased to 24 years" rofl
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:03 am

Ep 34

Spoiler:

- The new opening visuals Nod
- The new opening visuals are also lying, everyone is happy and smiling
- Also Souya looking back at Rei in the opening Shiny/thrilled
- The Teacher is starting to lose it, fuck :/
- KILL'EM ALL HINA-CHAN
- NO HIT HER
- Sensei just laying into them. "Who do you think you are?"
- The frail zombie hand reaching out at the girl
- Mr Kokobu "Looks like your high school entrance exams are gonna be tough on you, that's what you get for keeping quiet, you little shitbags."
- Hina and Akari holding hands and spoiling themselves with food ;_;
- AKARI DREAMING ABOUT THE MOM JUST RUIN MY SHIT RIGHT NOW THANKS
- Teacher called away while the two sets girls are near each other, parent fight incoming
- And of course she's one of those parents who unflinchingly believes their own child
- AKARI OH NO Sad
- Hina saying she'll gut it out, god dammit ;_;
- Kokobu-sensei reasoning through it. "Of course there won't be any evidence, and do you have any evidence that Hina is lying?"
- The fucking light shining down as he says that they'll figure out what to do next.
- Is Kokobu-sensei the real hero of the story, god dammit I'm wrecked
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 pm

S2E12/E34:

-new op song, each one's more cheerful than the last.  I miss the old voice, though
-that awful teacher sounds panicky even just when her chalk goes missing, how has she survived being a teacher all this time (oh wait, by blaming the kids who get bullied  Lurking/sketchy)
-what a sensitive and yet on-top-of-things kid Hina is, that she's picked up that it's the same mood that's making them bully her that's got them going for the teacher, and just tries calmly to help. Whereas I'm just kind of like  NOW WHO'S GOT THE NEGATIVE ATTITUDE, ASSHOLE!
-damnit, I knew they were going to try to pin it on her
-Fuck, yeah, Hina calls out the bully and scares the shit out of her! She's going to be a total badass by the time this is over. Shiny/thrilled
-teacher freaking out in front of the entire class
-and now she's going after the bully-girl like some kind of avenging corpse, what the fuck
-holy fuck, I did not see that coming (though, that totally happened at my school, except more with general trouble-making than bullying, and the teacher that flipped out grabbed a student by the neck and slammed him into a locker Uh-oh)
-Yes! New teacher actually doing something!
-and Hina still feels like she did something wrong Sad
-Akari fixes things with delicious food, of course she does Laughing
-omg, the carrots shaped like stars  Heart
-Akari faces down Demon Grandpa rofl
-her determined smile at the end
-she's so worried about failing on the promise she made to her dying mom Sad
-Fucking evil bully mom
-nooo don't play her game, Akari, proof is a distraction! No
-Hina protecting and comforting Akari, this kid  Feeling loved
-This fucking badass kid
-New teacher gets it Nod
-new ending animation is really pretty
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 pm

E35

Spoiler:

- Weak apology
- I kind of want to hear stories from the post-war period, sensei <_<
- Yeah, probably don't forgive them, Hina
- This letter ;_;
- Oh hey, long time no see, Rei-kun
- My drink IRL did the ice-rattle thing just before it was revealed that Rei fell asleep, nice timing
- Shimada sending gifts along
- The classmates all letting her back in and apologizing Sad
- tfw you want to eat bad cookies too
- Bites him because he doesn't realize he was there for her. They're pretty heavily shipping this one, eh?
- Preview: Shimada sees that he's bumped on the poster for Rei and Souya x)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:36 pm

S2E13/E35:

-"will something good come of it if we keep living?"  Shocked Where did that come from, bully?
-damnit, don't you dare humanize the bully, show, I don't care if she's a middle-school kid!
-Sensei being like "watch it or I'll start talking about when I was a kid" Laughing This guy's sharp.
-asking if it's okay to not forgive them
- Aww, the letter from Chiho  Feeling loved
-hovering on the doorstep Laughing
-and he falls asleep too Laughing
-Shimada can't even eat the tangerines he grows Sad
-she's flooded with sunlight now that it's over
-her friends apologize and come back and they happily bake terrible cookies together cheers (but why do all her friends' last names begin with K, is there some kind of rule??...Even Rei, too! Uh-oh)
-Hina's adorable
-don't apologize, you dummy, you did what you could, the rest wasn't up to you! Jeez, all the adult-ish figures in Hina's life need her to reassure them all the time
-And now she's outraged that he thinks he didn't help Laughing
-d-did she just bite him?? What the hell, HIna??
-that last scene was so sweet
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:43 pm

E36

Spoiler:

- Shimada and Yana see their shitty poster compared to the amazingly made Souya/Rei one rofl
- "A bit younger and cuter" rofl
- "Shaky as their broken down bodies" I WAS FUCING WEEZING WHEN THEY WERE SHOWING THEM SICKLY AND NEAR DEATH WHILE PLAYING
- "Abusive language"
- SHOWA ERA rofl
- And they're both still worried about Souya and Rei, d'awww <3
- Probs could've taken a picture of Shimada passionately staring at the moon and used it
- Rei's back to eating lunch alone :/
- Hayashida-sensei checking up on Rei before his big match <3
- "It isn't about results" Just fuck my shit up, sensei
- "I'll never forget what happened over those four days" "White Storm" That's a fucking set-up
- Rei seeing the poster and being so nervous about being surrounded by luxuries
- Welcome to the big leagues, kid
- God, he shuts down so much be comes robotic
- "That's a shogi demon barely able to hold human form" That fucking line
- Speaking of demons, he walks in like one to start their match, here we fucking go
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Watched these in a bunch last week and forgot to note anything, so general impressions:

eps 29-35:

-Of course he’s into Akari. Everyone is into Akari. We’ve all been waiting for him to catch up.
-There is a very romantic edge to all these interactions with Hina, but actual relationships can be complicated and tinged with inappropriate overlapping feelings, so Shrug
-Sensei’s heart eyes about
-Nikaidou is a champ for concealing his illness.
-Rei crying in the bathroom because of how it feels to have friends was pretty heart-punching.
-Also this mountain-climbing man? Wanna see him engaged in psychological showdown with Hostess-Mode Akari
-I feel you, Hina, I sat in that exact same spot on the riverbank in Kyoto feeling lonely on a school trip two years ago.
-Pigeon training bald man was pretty compelling. I would like to see more of him.
-The resolution of that bullying situation was surprisingly realistic for a happy ending. The nominal authority being too weak to break the cycle before it breaks them, the primary perpetrators not giving a fuck even when punished cause they’re mentally wrecked, the collaborators repenting their cowardice afterwards. I am glad it didn’t have a facile ending with the bully girl, like, sincerely apologizing to and making up with Hina.
-Sakura’s letter from the psychological rehab center Sad (but also FUCK, what a lucky kid to have access to such a thing)
Enail wrote:but why do all her friends' last names begin with K, is there some kind of rule??...Even Rei, too! Uh-oh
I figured it’s cause they have alphabetical seating/assigned study groups or something, so all the kids close together alphabetically spend the most time around each other? Can’t explain Rei though Uh-oh
e36:

-Poster quality inferiority complex Laughing
-To be fair, that’s a nice-looking poster.
-That still of Shimada and Yana while the Eiffel tower is being built rofl
-Anyone else dying to know what Souya had playing in those earbuds? Is it just ambient drone? The screams of children? The sound of a glacier cracking slowed down to trippy dimensions? Ludwig Van?
-Onsen Wink wink nudge nudg
-Nope Rei is too lame to go for it, no onsen hijinks.
-What a good answer, though, Souya. What kind of flow can be created between snow and water?
-Souya walking that fine line between charming eccentricity and actually having something wr— nope something is seriously wrong
-Blood red wine all over a white suit, what a light touch this imagery has
-I like imagining that the chairman is entirely accustomed to wrangling Souya like a naughty child when he walks around with spaghetti sauce on his face, but also, Sad
-“Barely holding on to his human form”… ALERT REI ALERT ALERT WATCH YOURSELF
-What is that cool grey puff ball on Souya’s clothes? Enail-sama Princess of the Moonspeak, can you explain?
-I am unreasonably excited about this shogi match.
-That drawing of Akari at the end of the preview made me a little nauseous Uh-oh
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Werel wrote:
Spoiler:

I figured it’s cause they have alphabetical seating/assigned study groups or something, so all the kids close together alphabetically spend the most time around each other? Can’t explain Rei though Uh-oh

Spoiler:

But that's like 1/5th of the class all beginning with K! Highly suspicious, if you ask me Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 pm

Argh, I was 90% of the way through E36/S2E14, and I accidentally deleted my comments! Bleargh. Also, new episode keep not being out yet when I want to watch Disgruntled

Spoiler:

-Shimada and whassisname's pathetic near-death match roflrofl
-we didn't get an onsen episode Sad
-shogi demon barely holding on to his human form, suuuper-evocative, even though I'm not exactly sure what it's evoking, it's the feeling of a mystery you can't quite put your finger on what the question is
-Re: the grey puffball, I've never seen one like that before, but I think it's just a poofy tassle style of decorative tie for the over-robe.
-the way Souya's drawn like he's not part of the same world as Rei as he sits down for the match
-Werel, omg, yes, that picture of Akari is so wrong
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

E37/S2E15
Spoiler:

-a gorgeous kimono from a special collection and it's Souya wearing it that makes it a family heirloom
-I still miss the voice of the old OP singer even though the new song's cheerfulness is growing on me
-the match as conversation
-his body knows a wrong move before his brain does
-playing against ethereal snow, he enters a river-flow state where everything connects. I love the way this show gradually changed the meaning of water on us
-Moonspeak notes: when he's talking about how he can't see Souya's train of thought at all the way he can other opponents, the word they translate as "draw a blank" is "pure white," which is the same word he uses to say it felt like they were playing in a pure white room. And, this is more my interpretation, but I think you could say the word has a hint of a feeling of a blizzard white-out implied (some words using the character for "white" originally got their meanings from allusions to snow), making a new set of connections for Souya's snow metaphor, adding in both obscurity, and also that comfortable-but-mysterious feeling of light while they were playing; snow as a screen that can block but also illuminate. This author is really fucking good.
-that little nod Souya gives that's barely more than a blink
-The light in his fingertips, that feeling of flow and shock is what Souya's got Shiny/thrilled
-Souya's completely out of it again, what is this??
-ohhhh he's deaf! I did not see that coming. But it works really well with the white-out blizzard idea how silent it is in snow. Except, he started out answering the reporters questions okay, does that mean he was just correctly guessing what they'd ask until he got thrown off track, or did he have his hearing aid cut out or something? Maybe he's only partially deaf.
-that end bit all really captured that feeling of an unexpected event where you're thrown together like you're in your own shared bubble outside the normal world for a few hours until the world resumes itself
-"it's like a god is quietly following me"

That was a really good episode!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:04 pm

E37

Spoiler:

- Mannn, that little jolt of electricity when Rei knows he lost the game
- And before Rei was drowning in water, now he's finding solace and comfort in it. Down's a whole bottle and just starts flowing
- God, the match review. They barely speak, Souya just nods his head when he lost, and then "Yup, that's what it's like." He just taught Rei how to use his chakra.
- And Souya is drawn like he's not quite of the same world as everyone else.
- WHAT
- HE'S DEAF
- Rei constantly trying to not drop his spaghetti around senpai
- Thaaaaaat still moment in the rain
- It sounds like from the episode preview that Souya's hearing comes and goes?

Enail wrote:E37/S2E15
Spoiler:

-Moonspeak notes: when he's talking about how he can't see Souya's train of thought at all the way he can other opponents, the word they translate as "draw a blank" is "pure white," which is the same word he uses to say it felt like they were playing in a pure white room. And, this is more my interpretation, but I think you could say the word has a hint of a feeling of a blizzard white-out implied (some words using the character for "white" originally got their meanings from allusions to snow), making a new set of connections for Souya's snow metaphor, adding in both obscurity, and also that comfortable-but-mysterious feeling of light while they were playing; snow as a screen that can block but also illuminate. This author is really fucking good.

Spoiler:

That's probably the exact interpretation being meant
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:58 pm

E38/S2E16
Spoiler:

-the dark hotel room with the rain outside making pale shadows
-"he didn't mind the silence"  :/  
-little Rei in a hat is adorable
-people having fun with the idea that Souya's an eccentric genius when really he just has no idea what they're saying, that's such an incredibly lonely image
-Rei aging visibly when the Chairman's asking if he's lying about being a young person Laughing
-the classroom going distant with that snow/ice-falling pattern like Souya has
-Akari's little lesson about how delicious the food she made is Laughing
-omg I don't think I've ever wanted an egg so badly, she's too good at this
-Shimada gets it
-NIKAIDOU!!!
-now metaphor-snow starts falling when he thinks of how upset Nikaidou must be
-Rei waits for him  Feeling loved
-Nikaidou's so-happy-he-might-burst-into-tears-or-his-head-might-explode expression
-his opponent's so upset he beat him like that after worrying about him so much rofl
-his eyes and the sparkles and flowers around his head Laughing
-holy shit, I'm not sure we've ever seen Rei laugh like that before, he's so happy Nikaidou's so Nikaidou  Lovestruck
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum