Post by bomaye on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Episode 23 is a go
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March Comes In Like a Lion [Anime]

Post by Enail on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:18 pm

E23/S2E1:

-He sounds older. Actually, everything is seeming slightly different from how I remember last season, it's like when you come home from being away for a few weeks and you're like "...was it always like that?"
-we've gone from water to snow to flowers and colour everywhere. This is a show where things change quietly, but they change.
-science mustache guy losing melodramatically Laughing
-teacher throwing a tantrum because Rei won't beat his opponent for him Laughing
-his increasingly crazy face while talking about the endless misery that is shogi rofl
-"This background has metaphorical images as accompaniment" rofl
-Noguchi even made tear grass tea and dandelion coffee
-that's the snow guy from last season, right? He looks different
-Sensei and Noguchi being wowed by the dramatic eating of cakes and sugar in tea rofl
-I want to be friends with science mustache guy! Wait, why is Ramune a food, not a drink?  confused
-happy music and sunset light while they're scienceing and teasing. This is the gentlest episode ever.
-usually he gets dragged over there or shows up apologetically, but today he actively decides to go visit the sisters, armed with the ramune of belonging
-FIZZY! Momo is so cute

That was suuuuper-slow but also suuuuper-happy.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 am

My soul missed this show.

S2 E1/Ep 23

Spoiler:

- Fucking nerd club
- I love that Noguchi declaring the loss himself was a thing he'd never considered about shogi
- Rei's so happy seeing the Science club understanding the basics of shogi
- And then explaining the horrifying life of losing rofl
- "Do you even have fun?" "Wtf is fun?"
- That in-anime anime was ridiculously animated
- I like that Noguchi recognized that he got a taste of the pro life the Rei's already living
- Ohohohoo, our friend Satou the Ajin is voicing a chessmaster
- Knowing Shimada was watching intently in a room <3
- Holy shit, that overanimated eating rofl
- "Snacks suddenly appear!"
- Are those sugar cubes?
- PURE. GLUCOSE. What a monster
- Shimada actually gave him a fight last season ;_;
- Teaching Rei to create his own senzu beans
- So when they're happily learning how to make ramune, it occurred to me "oh shit, he's got friends now" and then he started realizing it and held in his tears with his will and I got wrecked
- And then he's walking home with his new creations and then Kawamoto sisters are so happy to see him and he was looking forward to telling them what he made with his friends and I got wrecked again
- (Those lips when my 2 Dimensional Waifu ate that Ramune)

BTW the end-episode illustration was done by Kentaro Miura aka Berserk's mangaka. It's like they knew.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm

e23:

-We're already thematically warming up, he's opening the window to the outside world without recoiling Heart
-The animation looks kind of different, but nice.
-New intro sequence is so cheery Grin
-SHOGI PROVERB CARDS Laughing
-Oh no please not the cats again
-Bahaha, the teacher's opposite-of-relaxed online game
-Forever frustrating and forever painful. Rei sure knows how to sell this pastime.
-He's never even considered whether it's fun Sad
-So mustache nerd knows how to make pee tea and stank perfume. Crucial skills.
-"Souya has a cute face, but he'll come to break my bones." YEAH
-The Berserk gore splatters as Kumakura grabs the cake Laughing
-And three generations of nerds fanboying at their eating tactics rofl
-Making brain food with SCIENCE!!! Science win!
-Good god this lil chibi science card
-I wish I knew what ramune was, then I'd be impressed at how easy it was to make
-Bawwww "I'm laughing and talking at school..." Happy tears
-Willpower check not to cry Happy tears
-AND HE TAKES THE REST TO THE SISTERS OF HIS OWN INITIATIVE AND WANTS TO TELL THEM ALL ABOUT IT, GOOD LORD Happy tears Happy tears Happy tears
-Fizzy Momo Laughing
-"Rei AND HIS FRIENDS made it" Heart

Enail wrote:-usually he gets dragged over there or shows up apologetically, but today he actively decides to go visit the sisters, armed with the ramune of belonging
Yessss, Ramune of Belonging is a seriously legendary item Heart

What a (literally) sweet episode. So much positive peer relationshipping going on, this is hardly even the same Rei Heart

bomaye wrote:BTW the end-episode illustration was done by Kentaro Miura aka Berserk's mangaka. It's like they knew.
Shiny/thrilled The style DID look kind of familiar, that's amazing
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am

Ep 24

Spoiler:

- Nikkaidou immediately x)
- Preceded into rooms by his passionate yelling rofl
- Shit talking Shimada, holy shit I'd fight them
- And then Gotou just walks in and knifes the shit out of them
- There is something that feels so right about Satou the Ajin's voice actor just casually berating Gotou
- God, Kyoko throwing a punch at Gotou, there is something wrong with these two
- Calling Gotou trash, jesus Rei
- I-is Souya gonna be all right in this last match, he looks like he's gonna flop over dead.
- HOLY SHIT HE QUIT
- Everyone's running around in a panic going "WTF IT'S OVER GET THE CAMERAS"
- God, Souya is a monster
- Describing Rank A as a den of demons
- What the fuck @ Gotou and Kyoko's relationship.
- She buys him stuff for his wife, dude can barely function on his own, only falls asleep with her. "Chaos" is right, what the fuck.
- Kyoko's even more of a predator and Gotou just comes off as really weak
- "Kuma-chan" had an angry REEEE and busted the wall rofl

Please never end, March Lion
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

e24:

-NIKKAIDOU OPENER Heart
-There was NO POINT in doing any of this if he's not playing against Rei Laughing
-This mongoose-snake background to them getting thrown out rofl
-Was Gotou's hair always grey?? He's just copying Souya isn't he
-Don't say losers have to break themselves into shattered pieces, Shimada's already pretty brittle :/
-Oh my GOODNESS did Kyoko just try to punch him and then put her hand on his lower back possessively, what the fuck, humans are the embodiment of chaos indeed
-"The last time I saw her was in March." I see what you did there
-Boy all of Souya's opponents sure do resign perhaps-unnecessarily, starting to think he's actually some kind of psychic predator?
-Oh I guess he was actually checkmated but still, I like how Rei keeps being the only one who can game out these scenarios
-Yikes, STILL buying things for Gotou's coma wife (or did I spoil myself on that with the movie?)
-So many of the shots this season just have watercolor background splatters instead of scenery, it makes everything feel really surreal
-What..the hell...is going on with Gotou and Kyoko-bondage-cat
-Pitiful Gotou is sure a weird twist that explains a lot about why it's been going on this long.
-Kumakura is SOOO ICY COOOL that he wrecked the wall Laughing
-Next time: Momo saying "a duck"??! Will it be the duck that Rei and Nikkaudou failed to save after it dove too long?!?! THESE ARE THE IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS Shiny/thrilled
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:40 pm

E-Enail, the new episode is out on like Saturday silent
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Sorry, it wasn't up yet when I was watching last weekend, and I haven't had the chance yet this week. I mostly watch on the weekend.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 pm

O. I was afraid that distracting you in the other thread with so-so anime exhausted your cartoon-watching and you were gonna fall behind on March Lion
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Nah, I'm always going to watch that one first if it's there when I'm watching, maximum gentle heartwarming priority!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:56 pm

You can relax, I finally got to it!

E2:

-Nikaidou's major drama that they're not playing against each other while Rei just covers his ears Laughing
-And then both of them getting furious while the others talk about Shimada, it's adorable how they're so protective of their mentor
-Oh no, Gotou!
-That frowny face Rei always makes
-"What are you, a middle school student" YES! You tell him! Laughing
-to Rei, humans are the embodiment of chaos, but to Nikaidou, Rei is. Not sure what to make of that
-the way he can't reconcile the same person hurting someone he cares about and supporting someone he cares about
-the Chairman telling Gotou not to make her cry :/
-the sparkly commentator guy Laughing
-The Chairman sees Souya's win before anyone else, it's easy to underestimate him b/c he's hilarious but he's really on top of things this episode
-Smith and whatsisname fanboying the loser
-the total blankness of the exchange between Kyoko and Gotou and the flat, blank look in her eyes as he gets into the taxi seems deeply sad.
-Noo, I don't want Gotou to be humanized, I want to easily hate him
-it's weird seeing Kyoko going chibi with cat ears (dog ears? not sure), especially when it's not really a cute scene so much as a rather sad, pathetic one, how eager she is to get the attention of someone who cares so little, how much their relationship seems motivated by mutual misery
-that's fucked up
-they thought he was so calm, but he smashed up a wall Laughing

Werel wrote:
Spoiler:
-Next time: Momo saying "a duck"??! Will it be the duck that Rei and Nikkaudou failed to save after it dove too long?!?! THESE ARE THE IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS Shiny/thrilled

rofl but also YES!!!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 pm

No more shimpai, senpai Nod
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:46 pm

E25

Spoiler:

- Gushing over the shoes
- NO DON'T TRY THEM ON
- OH MY GOD KUMA-CHAN CAUGHT THEM WEARING HIS SHOES rofl
- THE LEGEND BEGINS
- I fucking lol'ed at Rei's sudden realization that he actually is thinking like that and then all his stablemates are like "Aww, that little shit didn't even realize it, so adorable."
- "Just leave him like this, it's funnier" rofl
- But yeah, it's cool, we're all Demons here
- DUCKS
- I keep forgetting that there was a little brother
- But tbh, probs just go Hundred Man Guts on bullies
- FFFFFFFFFF HINA-CHAN
- GO HUNDRED MAN GUTS ON HER BULLIES PLEASE
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:33 pm

S2E3/25:

-Smith and other dude's giant crush on Kumakura 9th-dan and his giant wall-kicking shoes rofl
-Holy shit he put on his shoes and is sparkling his way into Class A rofl rofl rofl:
-OMG, a Bland Healthy-item bentou looks way more amazing than it sounds Shiny/thrilled
-Nikaidou imitating Rei rofl
-And then Rei realizes he's right, and his image of how the other people are thinking of him, and that one guy thinks he's super-adorable how much of an ass he's being:lol:
-And Nikaidou embarrasses him out of the fucking room
-"Just leave him be, Nikaidou, it's funnier this way" I had to stop and do something else around here and I was still grinning when I came back to it
-the Puffy-puffy Daruma are still doing well!  
-DUCKY YOUKAN!!! Lovestruck
-NOOOOOOOO!! DUCKY TRAGEDIES Sobbing
-Momo has flowers in her eyes when she comes up with sandals, it's a whole new level of adorable
-of course, the whole time they've been talking, Hina's scribbling up something brilliant... wait, no, what's she up to??
-The memory goes from "oh, nostalgic" to bullying and loneliness in his big new school Sad
-There was actually a Shogi Mom too? And she was nice??? In that nest of vipers??
-Trying to make Shogi Mom happy by working harder but it just makes the siblings jealous and her more worried Sad
-bobbing on a sea at night, trying to float through shogi, that's a really evocative image
-It seems like the sisters haven't been around as much now that he doesn't need them as much, but Akari always knows when to invite him over  Feeling loved

Laughs, feels, Japanese desserts and lots of pretty scenes, this was a good episode! We never did learn about that duck that went under, though Sad

Noooooooo Hina's being bullied??? Sad

Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:21 pm

E26/S2E4:

-Poor Hina Sad Makes me want to jump through the screen and beat up some bullies  Angry
-Oh nooo, Momo's crying too
-oh hi, middle school, I don't miss you at all
-"I thought you were a more positive girl than that," fuck that teacher
-Hina comforting the bullied girl when she finds out she's leaving even though she must be pretty devastated herself  Feeling loved
-I love the impressionistic art style
-Hina fucking loses it and knocks the bully to the ground! Shiny/thrilled That's not going to work out well, but damn, I enjoyed seeing it anyway!
-and she's more upset that she couldn't help her friend than that she's getting bullied now, what a sweet kid
-Momo's crying is so over-the-top and little kid that it makes me laugh, I'm a terrible person  Disapproving
-doesn't regret any of it  Nod
-omg, Hina holding out a hand to little Rei  Happy tears
-promising he'll stay and pay her back for rescuing his inner child  Happy tears
-crying at the little chair, "were we that small?"
-he brings her pictures of wagashi, that is 100% the right way to comfort someone  Lovestruck
-the black-and-white feelings bit was really nice too
-the door opens to golden light and Akari and Momo waiting, this is what 'home' feels like
-and grandpa's just plain proud of her
-the silent scene of them feeding the cats and eating dinner and everyone comforting Hina was so heartwarming I'm pretty sure it healed my inner middle-schooler, too  Heart

Omg, this episode!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:25 am

E26

Spoiler:

- TBH, this episode didn't do a whole lot for me because no one tried to kill those school-girls or otherwise ruin their lives in retaliation Lurking/sketchy
- Like the whole time I'm going "Guts killed 100 dudes by himself, you can probably take a few schoolgirls [anyone]."
- Damn gym teacher tearing Hina off of killing her Sad
- Grampa's proud <3
- Rei's thinking "I was still thinking about what to do" and I'm just like "Watch Boku Dake, take hints from Yashiro, ice a few of them and then frame a few of the others Grin "
- Or maybe sic Rei's sister on them somehow
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:03 pm

bomaye wrote:E26

Spoiler:

- TBH, this episode didn't do a whole lot for me because no one tried to kill those school-girls or otherwise ruin their lives in retaliation Lurking/sketchy

Spoiler:
That could still be coming Evil   But Hina getting in trouble for going at them was totally realistic, imo. As a girl, I always found retaliating to non-physical things with violence just gets you in trouble and gives them more license to get away with it, or even use the fact that they can get you to lose your temper and attack them as another way to get you in trouble. I got some mileage out of making sure people  know you can hurt them, but only actually using it very selectively if at all; at my school at least, girls using overt violence or even seeming too aggressive got pretty harsh reactions both socially and from the school, and didn't really stop anything.

Spoiler:

- Rei's thinking "I was still thinking about what to do" and I'm just like "Watch Boku Dake, take hints from Yashiro, ice a few of them and then frame a few of the others Grin "

Spoiler:
Even thinking about Yashiro coming anywhere near my heartwarming, gentle shogi show makes me super-mad  Disapproving
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 pm

E27/S2E5:

-sensei freaking out thinking Rei's being bullied Laughing
-ignored by everyone, what about SCIENCE friends??? Sad
-teacher's noises about Hina's awful teacher Laughing
-she's in middle school, whyyyy does everyone think she's a potential crush for a 17-yr-old??  Ewwww!
-the teacher getting engulfed in a wash of sparkles of omg teenagers made me lol, though
-making money to pay for a solution, damn, he's really taking this seriously
-Nikaidou's finally got the enthusiastic bosom rival of his dreams rofl
-"I'm happy for you, Nikaidou" and tears rofl
-snow metaphor popping up again
-t-those are kind of amazing prices  Uh-oh
-Akari's on a mission to make him fluffy Laughing
-Poor Akari, trying to be mom to everyone Sad
-Rei comforting Akari, it's such a change from last season when he wanted to thank them but felt like he couldn't do anything for them, he's really grown  Happy tears  
-the floating snow/ice metaphor gets melted by sunlight and turns into tears. It seems like the way they're using it here is, being ice-cold lets you stay determined and handle it on your own instead of drowning, but it's got to melt and risk drowning to be able to accept help and/or grow flowers. I wonder what Souya's trying to handle on his own.
-Momo's over-tired little kid excitement that's on the verge of meltdown Laughing
-Grandpa teases him for being over too much and he immediately freaks out and tries to leave and apologize Sad
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 am

E27

Spoiler:

- Sensei overreacting to thining Rei's getting bullied
- Rei's so proud of just being ignored rofl
- "Is it... A FLAG?" HOLY SHIT rofl rofl rofl
- HE FUCKING MELTS INTO THE LIGHT rofl
- "With calculator in hand, he was going to help her" God dammit rofl
- "WHAT IS IT, BEST FRIEND?" God fucking dammit Nikkaidou rofl
- He's so happy and doesn't know Rei's thinking about something else
- Akari-chwannnnnn, dai tsuki!
- She hasn't been able to fatten him up. As an endlessly skinny kid, it would make me mad when people assumed I wasn't eating >: (
- Momo bursting into the room makes everything happy
- Hina giving him a little cat version of him. Not only does it look like him, but it'd remind them of learning shogi with the cats

Enail wrote:
E27/S2E5:

-she's in middle school, whyyyy does everyone think she's a potential crush for a 17-yr-old?? Ewwww!

Spoiler:

She's "second-year middle school" so 13-14ish? My parents have that kind of age gap.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 pm

bomaye wrote:E27
Spoiler:

- Hina giving him a little cat version of him. Not only does it look like him, but it'd remind them of learning shogi with the cats

Awww/Shudder

Spoiler:

She's "second-year middle school" so 13-14ish? My parents have that kind of age gap.

Spoiler:
It's not a big age gap as adults, but at 13 and 18 (I think they said he was 18 now?) it is. For her to have a crush on him, sure, but the other way round is pretty damn old.  Disapproving
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Spoiler:

- Momo-chan happily yelling about anything Shiny/thrilled
- And the kitties don't want to eat anything for once
- Ha, like Rei could go easy
- REI STILL WIPED HER OUT IN 5 MINUTES WITH THREE PIECES rofl
- Baseball-kun and his arm-destroying light throws
- Rei has to be by himself so he can YOSHAAAAAAAA
- Legit just fistfight the girls.
- Kill'em all, baseball-kun. You're def Guts-size, so it could work
- HOLY SHIT THROWS AS HARD AS HE COULD AT THEM rofl
- God dammit, just fight them. Sticks and stones will break bones, and broken bones make people think twice Lurking/sketchy
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 pm

E28/S2E6:

-that's the longest, happiest rapture over cherries I've ever seen
-Hina's so terrified of playing shogi with him Laughing
-singing in the bath, that's adorable
-freaking out because she lands up consoling him for being so bad at letting her win rofl
-letting her talk about it instead of having to smile
-this show understands middle school so well it hurts
-Rei called cool baseball crush guy in, good thinking! Shiny/thrilled But why does everyone think doing things they're into and she's not is the best way to comfort her??
-his team is jealous Laughing
-cool baseball crush guy just wants an in with Rei Sad
-Rei's so motivated and enthusiastic now
-fucking middle school
-he beats up the bullies with a game of catch rofl
-awww, he's doing it b/c she stood up for Chiho too, not just b/c of Rei
-that fucking teacher;s first reaction is to blame Hina for the messages insulting her on the board
-I loved the way Hina said she's not the one who wrote it, there was such a satisfying "fuck you, I'm not going to make it easy for you, they can't break me" in her expression even though it was so pleasant and polite, she's such a sweet kid, but she's got a fire
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:39 pm

E29/S2E7:

-that would probably be like $15 worth of peaches in Japan. But they're probably also the best peaches ever
-the cats cautiously poking around Hina before settling down on top of her Laughing
-Nooooo, a cat sleeping on you is a blessing you can't refuse, even if it's heavy and hideously uncomfortable, you've been CHOSEN!
-Even after realizing that Hina's being bullied, that fucking teacher still blaming her for it
-Akari worrying that she can't hold her own as a parent-substitute Sad
-MONSTER GRANDPA rofl rofl rofl  
-YES! Unleash Monster Grandpa and The Shadowy Monster of Ginza St.!!!
-his sudden too-loud shout echoing into the air and all the dogs freak out and the 2nd-hand embarrassment might kill me rofl
-and then Akari smiling and saying she can count on him, and the world becomes beautiful  Feeling loved
-Nikaidou sitting like a super-villain petting the lapdog, with a wineglass of juice in his hand Laughing
-Aww, Rei reading between the lines to tell Nikaidou he'll be fine
-He still thinks winning the tournament money is the only way he's helping  Sad
-Oh shit, he's into Akari. It's kind of surprising it took him this long, actually
-they did such a good job of showing how annoying Rei's opponent is that it was super-satisfying when he caught him off-guard with that bishop
-And then everyone else is annoyed by him for poking the hive Laughing
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 am

E29

Spoiler:

- The cat sat and her and Rei was going to sit down and for a second I thought Rei was gonna sit on her too
- Probs kill the teacher while we're at it
- Akari's only worries are that Monster Grampa and the Ultimate Weapon, Auntie will destroy her old school, holy shit rofl rofl rofl
- Rei with a loud-ass shout
- Oh my fucking god, Nikkaidou with his god-damn wine-glass and fucking dog
- Rei's face on the phone rofl
- "The Princes of the New Generation" HOLY SHIT rofl
- R-Rei reassuring Nikkaidou that he'll be fine and worrying about his health
- Rei wiping out his irritated opponent
- AND HOLY SHIT THEY GOT MAD AT HIM FOR NOT BEATING HIM FAST ENOUGH rofl rofl rofl
- Notice how Rei and Hina are both being blamed for someone else's misdeeds

Enail wrote:
E29/S2E7:

-Oh shit, he's into Akari. It's kind of surprising it took him this long, actually

Spoiler:

Akari is best girl, I don't know why he wouldn't be from the start, even though she doesn't like how he's not gaining weight Lurking/sketchy
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:39 pm

bomaye wrote:E29

Spoiler:

- The cat sat and her and Rei was going to sit down and for a second I thought Rei was gonna sit on her too

I LOL'd actually out loud at this.

Spoiler:

Akari is best girl, I don't know why he wouldn't be from the start, even though she doesn't like how he's not gaining weight Lurking/sketchy

Exactly!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: