(re)watch Babylon 5

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (re)watch Babylon 5

Post by waxingjaney on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Babylon 5 S1E7: The War Prayer

Spoiler:

Two young Centauri want to elope, as hate crimes spread on the station.

-Delenn's friend must be a famous bawdy limericist or something.
-Uh, oh, the Earth Firsters found her.
-Hmmm, Minbari blood is red.
-Wait, you're not the ambassador? You exaggerated???
-You dumb kids, love has no place in the Glorious Centauri Republic! Just look at the viperous hosebeasts I married!
-And of course the Asian guy is a raci... speciesist scumbag.
-Ivanova's ex's sweater is sooooooooooooo dorky.
-But yeah, she wants his slow d.
-The Vorlons take no interest in the affairs of others, except when studying them. Oooooookay.
-Londo married Famine, Pestilence, and Death, so that makes him...
-G'Kar stirring up shit again.
-Ooooooh, Predator camo suits.
-And the Earth Firsters jump the kids. See? Love is terrible!
-Asian guy's beatdown is taking an awful lot of time. He was an asswipe, but I don't think he has *that* much karma due.
-Okay, here's a puzzle infodump from the pilot episode. What *is* the deal with that suit, Mister Kosh?
-Ivanova's ex turns out to be an Earthie scumbag too. Now she just wants to cut off his d.
-Sinclair gambiting again.
-Londo having a character moment, hatching a plot for the kids.
-Sinclair's got a wriggle on his hook.
-Not even tracking the Sinclair Danger Count any more. We must be into double digits by now.
-And to prove you're one of us, kill this weird-looking blubbering alien.
-Eat some fist, Earthie.
-Yeah, you caught them and shipped them off-station. But they have lots of friends who will spring them from jail the day after they land.
-Ivanova versus love: 0-1.

Last edited by waxingjaney on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Werel wrote:
S1E3:

-What kind of skeezy shit is on Londo’s computer that having it published would destroy “the honor of the entire Centauri Republic”?

Blackmail. Lots and lots of blackmail.

waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:18 am

S1E7

Spoiler:

- For such a fucked up stab-and-brand racist moment, they sure made it sorta cartoonish with the nunchuck-whipping of the switchblade
-"You're a vicious man" Garibaldi will destroy your coffee like it's nothing rofl
- "I'm looking for something... something I've never stopped wanting." Ivanova, if you seriously shacked up with a guy who talks like that, I question whoever promoted you into a position requiring good decision-making skills Neutral
- "There was a time when we would talk all night... when we weren't *SNORT SNICKER THIS IS WHERE SEX IS IMPLIED*" Seriously, how does that not make you want to pull out your womb and toss it out the window?
- "Ugly and old, yes? So they must be rich and powerful" I love you, Londo rofl
- Vorlons are studying Earth, that doesn't sound good
- Heyyyyy, wrapping up cast-changes from the pilot movie by actually adding to the story, I approve
- Londo saying love is overrated rofl
- "Pestilence, famine and death." Oh my god rofl rofl rofl
- "Knowing they're waiting at home for me is what keeps me here, 75 light years away." He's Space Al Bundy rofl
- Little black dress for this guy? Ivanova seems like one of those girls who needs a friend to tell them "No, not that one."
- Hrmmmm, I'm getting vibes that he's probably with the Home Guard too, that would make everything suitably tragic
- Bruuuuutal, the lovebirds got attacked Sad
- Mannnnnnnn, G'Kar trying to incite a riot
- MAN, the racist but otherwise innocent human getting mugged by angry aliens. No-win scenario brewing
- They made a point to show that Sinclair saw Ivanova's poor taste in men on the viewscreen
- Londo and Minbari Poet talking about love is really good
- Called it, he's a Home Guard recruiter Grin
- "My shoes are too tight" That old man sadness Sad
- I dunno Sinclair, acting like a dickhole during a diplomatic function just to trick a Home Guard nerd might backfire
- D'awww, Londo using political and social skullduggery and backwards traditions to allow love to happen (I feel like his character would not have budged on tradition, though)
- I still fucking love the sfx on the space guns
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 am

waxingjaney wrote:Babylon 5 S1E7: The War Prayer

Spoiler:

-Londo married Famine, Pestilence, and Death, so that makes him...

Dohohohohohohooooooooo, I never caught that rofl

Spoiler:

-Not even tracking the Sinclair Danger Count any more. We must be into double digits by now.

Spoiler:

I love how science fiction is great at inventing new technologies but really bad at creating safe, 21st century command structures.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 pm

"The year is 2258." = 23rd century.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 am

These are getting a lot more entertaining as the season progresses.

s1e5:
-Cool, Garibaldi, let’s invite everybody to a religious festival, then take their sacred objects away as soon as they get here
-“Their dominant religion”? What is Earth going to have picked? Arthur C. Clarke says it better be Buddhism
-Awww G’Kar singing while cooking his freaky Lord of the Flies supper
-Harlan Ellison consulting credit, huh?
-DID I JUST HEAR “MAZEL TOV” AT THE FESTIVAL, IS THAT EARTH’S WINNER Shiny/thrilled
-“Do you know what the last Zon said, just before he died? AAACKK” rofl damn, I like Centauri humor
-Don’t worry, Enail and bomaye, I heard “birth number” too
-“Death blossom.” Lame. innocent
-Oh hooo, G’Kar likes the earth ladies
-Delenn’s aide is shy Wink wink nudge nudg
-Didn’t we see No-Nostrils bodyguard last episode?
-Boy this is some scintillating romantic dialogue. Just crackles with naturalistic passion.
-Everyone’s so bored with the Minbari communion ceremony compared to the Centauri bacchanal Laughing
-OH SNAP THEY KILLED NO-NOSTRILS
waxingjaney wrote:*G'Kar's bodyguard couldn't even protect his own body. I hope he went back and got a refund from N'Grath.
rofl
-G’Kar is… acting surprised that his aide.. exactly the person he suspected is.. his new suspect?
-Is Catherine a terrible actress or is it just her dialogue? Both?
-No. Not the courier. How could this be.
-A Narn in glasses is the funniest thing. There is nothing to rest the arms on.
-Dang, G’Kar is strong. He can throw a guy.
-Lol you're married to Delenn now
-Holy cow Sinclair’s religion solution is a ridiculous copout AND ALSO where did he find all these members of some very small ethnic groups on a distant space station Disapproving I agree, Enail.  
bomaye wrote:- THE SCREAM AND THE FADE TO COMMERCIAL I LOVE YOU 1990s
Yeah there are some TRULY GOLD 90s moments in this show, including Catherine’s bangs

s1e6:

-Hey, Catherine is still here! She’s not dead yet!
-Garibaldi getting punched for being too audibly horny rofl
-Chekhov?! His no-verbal-communication shtick is pretty cool.
-Is this dangerous rogue having some sort of telekinetic diarrhea and that’s why he’s dangerous?
-Sinclair should know better than to ask a dumbass question like “what kind of covert operation?” IT’S COVERT
-“The process is not pleasant,” says PsiCop #2, smiling with evident pleasure
-I take it back. Talia is a way worse actress than Catherine
-Oh no, Catherine’s surveying the Bermuda Triangle
-Telekinesis makes you insane?
-“Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi. But you’re welcome to try.” Laughing
-There goes Catherine. Will she a) die or b) imperil Sinclair with his desperate rescue attempt?
-Telekinetics would be really useful weapons. I would watch a TK Assassin show
-OH NO ANOTHER TELEKINESIS SEIZURE
-Ivanova mouthing off at the PsiCops, I like this side of her
-Ohboy, PsiCorps is finally wagging the dog
-This show’s poor animation budget Sad
-“Do you know what it’s like when telepaths make love, Commander?” “No, and I don’t want to :barf:”
-“Not mind over matter. Mind over energy.” Uh excuse me SIR, matter IS energy (We need an emoticon of a bespectacled nerd wagging a pedantic finger)
-Oooh damn, G’Kar saves the day
-If this guy could vaporize Sinclair with a thought, wouldn’t committing suicide instead of allowing himself to be taken alive be equally easy?
-Or just vaporize the PsiCops, that works too
-“Talia. I have become… a Dr. Manhattan action figure.”
-I just want G’Kar to continue with this “vast unfathomable consciousnesses to an ant” monologue in his sonorous voice forever. That is some primo SF content.

s1e7:

-This poet's head-thing is different from Delenn’s, which makes me wonder whether they’re adornments or growths.
-Oh no the Earth firsters have finally gained critical mass on B5 Sad
-“I want these scum, Michael, I want them bad.” Wink wink nudge nudg
-Garibaldi’s ruthless coffee destruction Laughing
-Every Earth Force officer gets an ex showing up. Where’s Garibaldi’s?
-Ugh Ivanova, not this slick fuckboy, surely you have better taste than this.
bomaye wrote:- "There was a time when we would talk all night... when we weren't *SNORT SNICKER THIS IS WHERE SEX IS IMPLIED*" Seriously, how does that not make you want to pull out your womb and toss it out the window?
rofl
“waxingjaney” wrote:-Ivanova's ex's sweater is sooooooooooooo dorky.
I KNOW Laughing
-Why is Londo the only Centauri with an accent?
-Oh my God Bioware just stole the Geth design and the Quarians’ mysterious/disguised physiology straight from Ambassador Kosh
-Vir looking at the photos of Famine, Pestilence, and Death with the dramatic horn flourish + cut away rofl
-Having your romantic partner murdered in front of you by xenophobes is basically the scariest prospect ever.
-Ooooh, G’Kar is rabble-rousing, and good at it
-I… shouldn’t be gratified by that racist human getting jumped, right? Uh-oh
-“Considering the situation, Garibaldi, I’d think you’d have something on your mind other than my look.” NEVERRR Cool
-“All sentient beings are defined by their capacity and their need for love.” Um excuse me MA’AM I don’t believe sentience would necessarily entail development of prosocial positive affect (aforementioned pedantic finger-wagging emoticon)
-Surprise. Ivanova’s gross paramour is a racist too.
-“My shoes are too tight.” Sad
-Awww Londo devised a plausibly traditionalist scheme to allow for untraditional love Heart
-WHOA badass cloaking technology
-Yeah, reveal your high-level assassination plan to a dude you’ve just recruited, before the loyalty test innocent

Last edited by Werel on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:44 am

Werel wrote:These are getting a lot more entertaining as the season progresses.

Yep, the show is finding its space legs.

Spoiler:

-“Talia. I have become… a Dr. Manhattan action figure.”

Bwahahahaha.

-Every Earth Force officer gets an ex showing up. Where’s Garibaldi’s?

We'll get there in about a month.

-Why is Londo the only Centauri with an accent?

Fun fact: Peter Jurasik based the accent on a neighbor of his growing up. Said neighbor had apparently been a Russian noble in his own youth. So, some weird half-outraged, half-tragic Russian-accented French.

-Yeah, reveal your high-level assassination plan to a dude you’ve just recruited, before the loyalty test innocent

Not quite the brightest bulb in the Home Guard.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:51 am

waxingjaney wrote:"The year is 2258." = 23rd century.

Yeah, I'm saying a navy captain from a US Carrier or the commander of a Military Base today is probably not leading a SEAL team on a mission himself. We're more advanced in our command structure than the space people are, who send their most important people into the most dangerous situations Wink
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 pm

S1E6:

-I haven't seen a haircut like that since the 80s
-CHEKOVVVVVV!
-Garibaldi thinking where Chekov should stick it Laughing
-Chekov can do a damn creepy smile
-telepathy teachers sleeping with their students seems even more inappropriate than regular teachers
-G'Kar's warning
-Ivanova takes the direct route on telling off telepaths - and it works way better than Garibaldi's efforts
-"I am becoming" "Becoming what?" "Everything" was pretty badass
-G'Kar to the rescue!
-I don't buy that the Psycop bosses would really care all that much about things like their agents lying, endangering a space station or getting one of their own killed. Either you're an evil team of psychic cops above the law or you're not, you can't have it both ways.
-G'Kar's explanation at the end, fucking cool, especially since that subplot seemed like it wasn't just a little "wow, the world is mysterious" spot, I think it's setting stuff up.  

Good episode, this show is really picking up! And yeah, felt very Star Trek.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Babylon 5 S1E8: And the Sky Full of Stars

Spoiler:

Sinclair has a secret about the Minbari war, and a faction of Earthforce wants to find out what it is.

-Uh oh, somebody owes Big Vito a big pile of credits.
-Aaaaand they're going to assassinate Sinclair.
-Dr. Franklin takes that Hippocratic oath seriously. Wonder how long he was jailed for it?
-Delenn being cagey as usual.
-At least the command staff is keeping tabs on Kenny Rogers.
-That's a goofy assassination chair.
-About those tabs, they don't seem to include watching for theft and delivery of power cells.
-No one's home, Commander. They all went on holiday.
-Going to be a bottle episode.
-Wheeee, let's take a trip through your life.
-This digging might take a while.
-Kenny Rogers paid off his debts, and tipped off security. This guy really is new.
-Still rumbling through Sinclair's flashbacks.
-And the Minbari assassin from the pilot reprises his one useful bit of plot development.
-Kenny Rogers didn't know when to fold 'em.
-Druids. Now we're getting somewhere.
-Sooo, the Minbari took Sinclair and probed him with triangles?
-That's the third dude Sinclair has punched in the last three weeks. His hand must be sore.
-And now he's hallucinating.
-Must be Delenn's turn to carelessly risk danger this week.
-Oh, so Delenn was one of the druids? Well now.
-Yeah, his brain is toejam.
-Sinclair's not a very convincing liar. Good thing Delenn's not an expert on human behavior.
-Other Minbari has a triangle on his head. He must be important, and possibly blind?
-If the Minbari didn't want Sinclair to blab about his encounter, maybe they should have just held onto him?
-Ah, the *personal* log. I bet that will stay very private and no one else will ever know what's in it. /s
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 am

S1E8

Spoiler:

- Awriiiight, evil terrorists setting up the cosmic torture chair and/or dentistry practice to torture Sinclair/examine his perfect teeth
- This flashback is Star Wars as fuuuckkkkk
- Oops, is he inside his own head?
- That was a suitably dramatic villain reveal
- "San Diego still considered too radioactive for occupancy." God damn, what happened on Earth <.<
- Garibaldi politely excusing himself and Delenn's all "Ohohohho fucking drama's on"
- "The pain for you is also real... YOU HAVE A CAVITY"
- This guy's got like an over-the-top Hannibal Lecter delivery
- "Mr Garibaldi, there are days where I'm very glad that I don't have to think like you." That's kind of harsh coming from a Russian Sad
- SHIT YEAH, I don't know why Sinclair didn't fucking pop him one earlier Shiny/thrilled
- Dude ranting about aliens, buying up real estate, migrating, are you sure this isn't 2017 we're referring to?
- Wowwww, Sinclair admitting he had to struggle to not strangle any Minbari he saw
- Fuuuuck man, Mitchell's helmet floating buy (btw, Captain Kirk's buddy in pilot of the OG Star Trek was Gary Mitchell, I'm going to pretend like that was on purpose)
- HULK SMASH PUNY VR STRUCTURE
- Just as he was about to recognize (I'm assuming) Delenn
- Holy shit that punch should've taken Khan's buddy's head clean off
- OH SHIIIIIIT, he still thinks he's in the VR/reliving his POW time with the Minbari
- Space gunfiiiiight I fucking love their space guns
- Ohooo, so not only do we have the Home Guard as anti-alien, but we have people who very specifically think the Minbari are secretly running things
- ... How did the door in Delenn's quarters know he was going to leave when he hadn't yet moved o_o
- Sinclair, you tricky fuck
- And lucky that you're a tricky fuck, because apparently the Minbari are going to kill you if you know what happened to you
- "Personal log entry... *looks over at the clock*" Holy SHIT. Everyone on Star Trek always knew what the stardate was up to like 8 digits without looking, looking at the fucking space clock just super-humanized the future of B5
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:52 pm

bomaye wrote:S1E8

Spoiler:

- "San Diego still considered too radioactive for occupancy." God damn, what happened on Earth <.<

Fringe terrorist group set off a micronuke. JMS is not a fan of San Diego.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Spoiler:

RIP, comic-con
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 pm

S1E7:

-the actors for the two Minbari women were 100% playing it like they were old flames, all that gazing into each others' eyes and mysterious smiles, even thought the dialogue didn't back them up (for which, thank you, I don't think I could stand two sets of Babylon Five Patented Old Flames Dialogue in one episode Uh-oh)
-Garibaldi threatening Ivanova's coffee Laughing
-Ivanova is so completely non-plussed at her ex rolling in all "hey, it's been 8 years but I moved halfway across the galaxy so we can be together, cool?"
-And then in the next scene, she's totally giggling and smiling over him? I know the writers of this show are horrifyingly bad at luuuurve scenes, but at least usually the actors are playing along the whole way through. I didn't buy that reaction for the character or for how she played it up till then.
-And a rose, too, the writers are really just phoning it in with [Insert Romance Trope Here]
-Uh-oh, the ex is wearing an 80s Evil Rich Dude sweater.
-"My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter because I have forgotten how to dance." How poetic Sad
-Half of all Sinclair's schemes involve doing things that should hugely damage diplomatic relations. Is that just how diplomatic relations work in space? Does he just spend a lot of time explaining and apologizing afterwards??
-Sinclair is laying on the space-racism thick, but even though Ivanova hasn't said a word, Racist Ex is assuming she's totally on board too. Conclusion: either he doesn't actually think of her as a person with opinions of her own (which is a pretty classic look with 80s Evil Rich Dude sweaters and that haircut, to be fair) or Ivanova has a history as a space-racist that we're not hearing about Uh-oh
-Never mind about revealing the assassination plan too early, why didn't the space racists put on their cloaking devices for the fight?
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

s1e8:

-Delenn’s delighted incredulity about doc’s hitchhiking is cute.
-Oh no, poor doc having to CO out of genocide work Sad / Great job doc Shiny/thrilled
-PEW PEW SPACE GUNS
-"...maybe you're in HELL!" rofl Oh this guy's delivery
-This torture dude looks like some kind of off-brand Frasier.
-"..a virtual cybernet!" Bahaha it's like mainlining the 90s
-"Commander! Commander. Commander. Commander!" Where is my gif of all the fake Garibaldi entrances
-THE PAAAAAIN IS REEEAL
-Oh cool, memory mining is a fun plot device 90% of the time
-"IT'S A TRAP"
-War buddy ghosts, Sinclair's pain is REEEAAAL
-"Looks like the pain is real for both of us." NEVER STOP WRITING DIALOGUE LIKE THIS rofl
-Nice, I was looking forward to Garibaldi getting to do some detectivey security officer stuff on top of just being a total dog
-Damn those spinning shots of the Dark Souls druids were actually pretty spooky. Good job, show
-...Cool-looking sequence immediately followed by this special effects opus Uh-oh
-Hm, so Sinclair is the magic hero who won the impossible war by unknown means?
-Is the Home Guard going to be our main bad guy for the season/series? This shit's too on the nose with the real estate rants
-"Maybe the universe blinked. Maybe God changed his mind."
-Seems like it would be much easier to use a psi cop or something. Maybe these machines are the lower budget option, like for smaller grassroots sectors of the Home Guard
-This flashback looks slightly familiar
-Such a casual karate chop after tearing his neuro helmet offf Laughing
-Only Delenn can calm him down in the midst of hallucination murder spree Lovestruck
-Ohhhh shit was she there in Sinclair's missing time memory? What did the grey council do? Were they what blinked?
-"We're both still inside." Wink wink nudge nudg So does Sinclair have mind meld residue from Frasier for the rest of the show?
-"Do you remember anything of your experience?" "No. Sorry." Mmmmmmmm-hm. Cool
-Ooh boy, I wonder if Delenn's gonna have to defect rather than kill Sinclair later
waxingjaney wrote:-Kenny Rogers didn't know when to fold 'em.
Where is our "frowning while laughing" terrible joke emoticon?

bomaye wrote:- "Personal log entry... *looks over at the clock*" Holy SHIT. Everyone on Star Trek always knew what the stardate was up to like 8 digits without looking, looking at the fucking space clock just super-humanized the future of B5
Holy shit, I didn't notice that, huge points to this show Shiny/thrilled
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Enail wrote:
S1E7:

-Never mind about revealing the assassination plan too early, why didn't the space racists put on their cloaking devices for the fight?

The impression I had was that the cloaks were good for sneaking around undetected, but not for actual fighting. Plus, they're prototypes on loan, so messing them up means no spares and no more equipment loans.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Werel wrote:
s1e8:

-Seems like it would be much easier to use a psi cop or something.

It would be, if you trusted the psicop to tell you the truth afterwards, and if you trusted Psicorps in general with something very underhanded and illegal.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Babylon 5 S1E9: Deathwalker

Spoiler:

A notorious war criminal visits the station, while Talia is hired by Kosh for an unsettling assignment.

-When there is ass that needs kicking, Na'Toth will kick it. Bonus points for the using the handy wrench.
-The Hour of Scampering. Kosh, you obscurantist bastard.
-You try to beat someone to death, and get sent to time-out. Ambassadorial duty has its privileges.
-Okay, Franklin may be a young'un, but he shouldn't have to watch a history lesson to know who the Dilgar were.
-For an infamous war criminal, Ms.Mengele seems to be in pretty high demand.
-Kosh and his wacky pal. Maybe that's how Vorlons flirt?
-Ah, that's why she's popular.
-She seems surprisingly generous for an amoral scumbag.
-Didn't take long for that to get out.
-Well, the trial thing didn't work out.
-Because the Minbari are too proud to admit to a mistake.
-Ahh, aggressive negotiation.
-Sinclair gambits again. One of these days, he's going to use up his good luck.
-Kosh and his pal are just screwing around with her now.
-Yep, there's the gotcha. Good old fashioned interstellar bloodbath.
-Kosh's friend really should keep that hat on.
-And this turns out to be the Vorlons' character episode. I suppose they do take an interest in the affairs of others after all.
-A VCR? Great, nobody born after 1995 will get that.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 pm

S1E9

Spoiler:

- Kosh mackin on Talia
- DeathWALKERRRRRRRRRRRR AGHGHHGHGHHGHGHHG
- YEAH YOU KICK THAT random person's ass, Narn diplomatic aide, I'm sure that will go over well Uh-oh
- So Kosh is hanging out with a Space Pimp
- Space Pimp's hasn't got a brain
- "Wanted for crimes against sentience"
- Come on Garabaldi, a coat with a nametag isn't definitive proof x)
- Haaaaaa, I figured G'Kar would be all "Nah, it's cool, babe" about that crazed murder thing
- "Put of your revenge just for now, then I'll help you murder the shit out of her later." G'kar's pretty bro for a Narn
- Now an Earth Senator wants Deathwalker to go there immediately. Something's up here, that's two of the major races who want her badly
- No one thought to tie down the potential mass murderer?
- Oh, she experimented on sentient beings in horrific ways to make a longer-lasting anti-aging cream
- Abbott the Pimp or whatever just gave Talia some kind of psychic backlash
- That evil 90's laugh rofl
- Ivanova being all "hey guys, we're a bunch of scrubs on a floating space station, this is above our pay grade" and everyone else was like "huh, yeah, that's true, Sinclair can't even unnecessarily risk his life fighting it"
- The League ain't fucking around on this one
- tbh, I kind of assume Winters' psychic backlash reaction Space Pimp would be how women in general react to the corny pick-up lines of B5
- Why do none of the aliens in the league have hair? What does the universe have against hair? Sad
- "In that case, the Narn vote No." Fucking, G'Kar loves being a fucking dick and G'Kar's actor has to equally love acting like a fucking dick rofl
- Minbari playing the game, the League about to kick off space Brexit
- Mannn, Linnear's delivery on that "keeping secrets/bearing shame" part makes you feel sorry that he was put in that situation
- Ivanova having the most stressful day of her life, staring down a fleet of League ships
- Dohohohoo ice cold Susie-chwan trying to stifle the smile when Sinclair told her she did a good job
- Grosss, space pimp's brain is outside his skull.
- O, I guess they were testing some kind of psychic dampening thing on Winters? Or some kind of anti-psychic thing?
- Thaaaat's fucked up, one has to die in order for the immortality serum to work on someone else
- HOLY FUCK KOSH
- "All's well that end's well, huh?" LONDO rofl rofl rofl
- "You are not ready for immortality." Fuuuuuuck, Vorlons don't fuck around
- Deliberately provoking a fear effect
- "God works in mysterious ways." Maybe so, but he's a con man compared to the Vorlons" Niiice
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm

S1E10

Spoiler:

- Ohoooo, medical episode about fundamental religious beliefs vs simple medical procedures
- SAVE THE ASIMOV, ANYTHING NAMED AFTER ISAAC IS IMPORTANT
- "Hey man, you get to throw yourself in mortal danger every other week, how the hell am I gonna get promoted if you get to go into all the danger?" Attagirl, Ivanova
- So is this one of those "HOLY SHIT, THEY LET A GIRL FLY AN X-WING" kind of moments from the '90s?
- "He can study the scrolls if he gets bored." Eh, maybe just let him die.
- His God is Medicine, and he'll be having steak when he saves that boy, Doctor Foxy
- "Why do you want to important a steak?" "... Research." HOLY SHIT, his delivery on that line rofl
- "Thanks, I owe you." "Import another steak." "I don't owe you that much." rofl rofl rofl
- Medical ethicssssss
- Oh man, Dr Franklin using Sinclair's authority that Sinclair specifically told him not to do
- MAN, Sinclair's in such a shitty position right now
- Maybe just read the Scrolls and find some kind of religious loophole instead of threatening to kill each other, everyone
- Bureaucracy getting the way
- "The avalance has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote." That's both funny in the "Already been there, friends", and maybe a little threatening because Kosh might not just be talking about this situation Uh-oh
- Not only does the kid know it's industrial goo, he also doesn't want to hurt Dr Franklin's feelings by telling him it's not an egg rofl
- "May God save us from false religion" WOW
- Figured Sinclair wouldn't do it. The project's too big
- "I'll call you if there's any change in his condition." Awww shiii, I'm getting the feeling Franklin's gonna perform the surgery anyways and pretend it was a Christmas miracle
- Also, if this race loses their soul if they get cut, what happens with like paper-cuts or something?
- Dr Hernandez knows what's up
- (Also that med-bay is OG Star Trek/TOS as FUCK.
- "YES, I JUST KILLED A HUMAN BEING" THIS ISN'T A VIDEO GAME IVANOVA
- And now they're call him a demon spawn, thaaaaat's fucked up
- "Who asked you to play God?" "Every damn patient who comes through that door, that's who. People come to doctors because they want us to be Gods. They want us to make it better, or make it not so. They want to be healed, and they come to me when their prayers aren't enough." Fucking WOW
- Oh man, the parents are gonna euthanize him, aren't they?
- God damnnnn, they did (the tears were a bit much though)
- Ya know, a dude with PTSD asking a dude who just roundabout killed a kid asking if he's okay and the response is "fine" is strangely a lot more sad than they probably meant it to be
- At least Ivanova saved a kid with her reckless behaviour

Man, that was one of the GOAT Star Trek medical ethics episodes, and it's not even Star Trek
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Babylon 5 S1E10: Believers

Spoiler:

A boy's family won't let Dr. Franklin operate on him, and Ivanova gets to go on a mission.

-"You cannot cut open the boy like a food animal!" Oh crud, this is going to be a preachy episode.
- I bet Ivanova knits some really nice socks.
-Go ahead, insult their beliefs. I'm sure that will convince them.
-Yep, preaching already.
-Lots of preaching.
-Happy Fun Ball? No, it's perfectly harmless, except for the tens of thousands of side effects. And the glow will make him go blind.
-Kosh, helpful as always.
-Huh, no gambit for Sinclair this time. Maybe he only gambits when it's his ass on the line?
-Scratch one raider. You've advanced to level 2: 10 raiders!
-Let's operate anyway. The power of love will conquer all.
-Except when it doesn't.
-The parents got over their outrage in a hurry.
-Franklin is being a really smug jerk right now. Time to take him down a notch.
-Oh, *that* kind of journey.
-Serves you right, Doc.
-Ivanova must have typed iddqd into the console.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I'm so behind!!!

S1E8:

Everyone else has said most of it, so keeping it short
-if Assassin Frasier and friend don't want people to see them together and realize they're co-conspirators, maybe they should consider not wearing matching shirts?
-Why does Sinclair wear a belt to sleep?
-it is way too easy to kidnap the commander of this place. Get your act together, Garibaldi! Disapproving
-Mind episode!
-Werel, I was totally thinking THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!
-Holy shit, it's going to be Delenn!
-DELENN
-If he's smart enough to not let Delenn know he knows, why isn't he smart enough not to make a nice, clear, hackable record of what he knows?

Things are getting interesting now! Shiny/thrilled
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 pm

S1E9:
Got a headache so keeping it short
-That hat
-Ambassador Kosh and the Vorlons, damn
-Ivanova's expression of "this is above my paygrade"
-Of course the war criminal's immortality is powered by a forsaken child etc.
-The galaxy thanks you, Kosh

Pretty good episode, this show's delivering steadily now.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm... catching... up.... too....  Snail

S1E9:

-“The hour of scampering.” Sounds like fun, when’s that?
-Was she attacking Deathwalker with a ladle?
-“Understanding is a three-edged sword.” This guy.
-This Beetlejuice guy’s hat. Also it’s a good thing that pinstripe suits still signal jaunty rogues in the future
-Did that nurse have an undercut ponytail in 1994? A truly forward-thinking show
-“Wanted for crimes against sentience” on the infoscreen. There are some nice little details in this show.
-Aw, G’Kar’s going to help her do honor killing once they’ve extracted the tech
-Oh, so Earth wants the tech too? Everybody willing to Operation Paperclip up, huh?
-Now I’m chuckling every time I see Babcom: Comsystems For Babbies, thanks a lot bomaye
-Genocide war criminal promises immortality for everyone, definitely no catch here
-Also, if I’m hearing this right, wouldn’t an anti-agapic be a drug which inhibits spiritual/charitable love, wonder if that’s the catch. “Yeah you’re immortal now but you’re also like a militant atheist sociopath or something, JUST LIKE ME, MWAHAHAHAHA”
-MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’M A TV ACTRESS IN THE 90S
-Doc playing with a big d20 during the serious meeting Cool
-I’m glad Ivanova was immediately like “have y’all ever even had a tyrant? They don’t have consciences.” Russians know
-“Better pray to that God of yours that you’re right, Jeff.” DAMN, Garibaldi
-Posterity trolling sure is playing the long game. And presumably she gets to hang around as an immortal and watch everybody be like “ugh, thanks Dilgar, I guess innocent
-“You’ll have to kill us all first.” Dang, fishpeople
-“We thought it best to handle this quietly.” “Ah. Great job.” Laughing
-Every episode needs more G’Kar/Londo bickering, they’re the Odo/Quark of this show
-Snap, what’s the Minbari angle?
-Oh, that’s the Minbari angle.
-Brain… crystal? I half hope they don’t explain this at all and just leave it as Space is Weird, Guys
-Oh, yup, the serum is just the food chain writ large
-Holy shit, way to go, Vorlons. No, we are not ready for immortality Shiny/thrilled
-Holy shit, way to go Kosh, I hope we see more of him fucking with Talia for nebulous reasons

edit:
Enail wrote:-Of course the war criminal's immortality is powered by a forsaken child etc.
Kosh is walking away from Omelas and dragging everybody with him, this dude rules  Cool

Good episode.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 pm

S1E10:
-“Shut up with your bedside manner, doc. It’s hubris to tell a kid he’ll survive the hospital.” Episode’s off to a good start.
-If he can’t be punctured, can he be, like, lasered? Do food animals get lasered? Or really technically if they did an endoscopy-type thing with little surgery nanobots sent down his nasal passages…. Werel’s Rules-Lawyering for Strict Religions, call (800)LETTER-LAW
-The starliner Asimov Heart
-“I’ll just pace to and fro for a while. Maybe walk over to my console.” Holy shit, Ivanova owning every space show extra ever rofl
-Whew, Franklin’s better at medical rules-lawyering than me
-Oh, nevermind, he’s just easing them into the idea of puncturing. Still, I like his style.
-Dad’s gotta be a scriptural hardass even about the placebo egg Sad
-Oho, predecessor saved Kosh from what?
-So he respects other people’s beliefs until he can request a direct order to violate them?
-“I have to do what I feel is best for Sean.” “And so do we.” Oh god are they going to kill their kid to save his soul No
-G’Kar does not give one shit about a single alien kid unless there’s something in it for him.
-Neither does Londo, but at least he’s smooth about it. “Just how much justice can you afford?”
-Is Kosh’s quote about the avalanche and the pebbles from something?
-This Ivanova B-plot feels reeeeeally unnecessary.
-“Actually, it’s only a piece of industrial goo. But please don’t tell Dr. Franklin.” Crying
-“May God save us from false religion.” Bruh you just broke the irony meter
-Hell yeah Sinclair, deny that request
-So these dudes hatch from eggs, and then get born? I want a diagram of their life cycle please
-Why is he making the parents leave their dying kid? He doesn’t need rest :/
-OH THAT’S WHY OH NO
-Franklin being all butthurt that the kid is mad at him for violating his body and soul instead of being like “thanks for showing me my religion is wrong, alien”
-SERVES YOU FUCKING RIGHT, FRANKLIN. Goddamn. Of course they think it’s a demon.
-“If I have to take the responsibility, then I claim the authority too.” Fffff
-That traveling robe looks like a burial robe :/
-If that kid wasn’t even allowed to talk about sacred things to the gloppet egg, how did Hernandez just wikipedia up their whole religion?
-Yeah. They did it.
-SERVES YOU FUCKING RIGHT AGAIN, FRANKLIN.
-“Are you okay?” “Fine.” Does every trauma episode have to end with a display of hardcore emotional repression? :/
-“What happened out there?” “Nothing.” Yeah, basically.
-Sitting in the dark petting industrial goo. I’m fine. Fine. Crying

Really good episode.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum