Attack on Titan

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Attack on Titan

Post by Enail on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Hopefully it'll pick up in an episode or two, then. But no excuse for bad intro music Disapproving
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:07 pm

So, based on this season's intro, this is a gentle, melancholy show about friendship and growing up hopeful in spite of past tragedies. And their school has really weird uniforms. Right? Uh-oh

Also, the art seems off somehow.

Spoiler:
Best bit: "Sasha, what did you just put in your bag?" "Nothing bread-related."
Worst bit: they pulled Eren's fucking face off including an eye trying to get him out of his failure titan, so at least this show's still gruesome, I guess? Shrug

Also, this serial killer Kenny dude seems way too over the top.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 pm

S3E2/Ep 39

Spoiler:

- Oh man, animation at the start
- I forget if I've thought of this or theorized this before, but I wonder if the Walls were pre-built and then the Titans were let loose upon the rest of the world just so the people inside the inner-walls could lord over the remains of humanity.
- Goddddd, the action/animation where Levi's swinging around <3
- (And he's still injured btw, this is Levi at less than 100%)
- OH SHIT ONE GRAZED HIM
- Annnnd Kenny makes his entrance like a huge moron Laughing
- Oh, I guess Kenny's part of the Military Police now after killing the shit out of them before
- Turns the bottle so he can see Kenny's reflection, this guy
- Shotgun/rifle blasttttt
- Did he just fucking put one of his spider-man hooks in that guy's head and then use him as human shield? Shiny/thrilled
- Oh my god Levi is next-level with this shit
- "If you get the chance to kill, do it" Mikasa has no problem with it Laughing
- WHOOPS KILLED JEAN
- Erwin's planning to overthrow everything Shiny/thrilled
- Oops, did Armin end up killing her to save Jean?
- Oh man, the other woman didn't want to shoot either :/
- Levi telling him to embrace being a murderer x)
- Oh good, some of the old Attack on Titan music is back Nod
- Got themselves some MPs
- "I'm a novice at human torture, so please bear with me." Uh-oh
- And Levi forgot to ask questions, what a bunch of fucking sadists
- Oh man, they're making him read a note that makes it sound like he'd already confessed just to get him to actually tell them what they want to know
- "True" royal family?
- Oh shit, that outro, they snuck some of the german power rock into the creepy-outro Shiny/thrilled

That was better Shiny/thrilled
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 pm

S3E2/E39

Spoiler:

-this song would be okay for a different show, I guess, but man, it bugs me in this show, where's my rage and heroic resolve?
-Web-slinging vertical maneuvering fights! Shiny/thrilled And Levi is such a fucking badass
-"*sob* Welcome to my establishment!" Laughing
-I find Kenny way too over-the-top for this show, it just comes off as silly when it should be cool
-the slow-motion chair falling and water spilling while Levi crouches motionless
-The wine bottle reflection and he fucking backwards shot blasts Kenny right in the chest Shiny/thrilled
-YES! Running the guy on the roof through with his grappling hook then using his body as a shield while he flies through!!! Shiny/thrilled Shiny/thrilled Shiny/thrilled
-Can the rest of the season just be Levi swinging around fighting stuff? And maybe Mikasa too. And that fight between Annie and Mikasa we never got to see. But mostly Levi!
-Jean hesitates on killing a human and hOLY FUCK I think he's dead
-this conspiracy goes all the way to the top (is there ever a conspiracy that doesn't Uh-oh)
-Woah, Arminkilled the woman gunning for Jean. It's kind of sweet that ready-to-murder-at-a-moment's-notice Mikasa tries to comfort Armin on his first kill, cold-blooded as she is
-Levi has to physically restrain Mikasa from chasing, I'm surprised he didn't have to knock her out altogether
-Armin thinks the woman he killed was probably more human than he is, that's a hell of a thing to think :/
-getting the captured guy to join forces because he cares about his employees and his city, nice to see some semi-decent humans beings outside the Scouts in this hell-hole country
-"YOU SHOULD KNOW I'M ALSO A NOVICE AT HUMAN TORTURE, SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!" rofl
-the group just sitting at the table, heads bowed, talking in whispers over the sound of torture from the other room
-"We're not good people anymore."
-When the guy being tortured's talking about the people he's erased and it shows a woman with a knife at her throat, that looks like Christoria standing there watching, I guess that was her mom
-he believes what they did was right but still wants them to go ahead and torture him to death now that he knows how much it hurts, this season's jumping straight into greyer morality, if they can pull it off, this'll be good
-They make one of his men say he's already spilled all he knows, doesn't care about their cause, hates Sannes and wants them to kill him already, in earshot, that's a smart but fucking cold angle to take
-Christoria's the true heir to the throne
-So long, semi-principled merchant
-the ending music is more like it!

It's a shame Christoria's not a better-developed character, since it seems like so much is going to be revolving around her

WAY better!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:01 am

S3E3/E40

PLOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Spoiler:

- What the fuck @ Christa's backstory
- And just kind of glossing over her finally getting a parental hug after all that
- Hange makes psychopaths cry
- Oh man, if the govt has a human-Titan and then they eat Eren, they control the Titans
- OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT AND KILL THEM ALL ERWIN
- NO NOT BLOODLESS, BLOODY
- AVENGE YOUR FATHER AND EVERYONE ELSE'S FATHERS
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:51 pm

S3E3/E40
Spoiler:

-Little Christoria tries to hug her mom just to see what happens, gets thrown across the room, and she's happy because it's more than she's ever gotten from her before, and the first thing she says to her is that she wishes she'd killed her, they're really piling on the angst here
-is that that Kenny dude?
-and then both her parents deny their connection to her, mom says she wished she'd never had her (again, so that's her first, last and only words to her) and gets killed before her eyes. I feel like this show goes too over-the-top in trying to make things so tragic that it lands up feeling adolescent and making me feel less about it, especially since this show's not the strongest on character development, so it feels like they think angst is a quick fix to that. The awfulness of the Titan situation works well enough to make you care what happens in place of great characterization, but trying to do that with a less unique and visceral story like family angst doesn't work as well.
-well, at least her dad saves her and gives her a hug, that's practically Parent of the Year by these standards Wink
-What the fuck is that orthodontic-looking tooth-file muzzle thing?? How does it even work? Also, couldn't Eren just transform by biting his cheek?
-Wow, Hange really destroyed that dude. Where did she learn to torture like this? Is she just a natural?? Uh-oh
-"when one's role's done, another steps in to start the act again"
-tears running down his face, he wishes her good luck, this is getting interesting
-she throws the furniture around and then pretends she was just smashing a cockroach. Not sure torture+pretend everything's fine is sitting too well with her :/
-if a titan eats a titan in human form, they get their powers?! So Eren's extra-tasty, Except, how was he able to rage his way out of the first Titan, then? Did he turn before he was far enough into being eaten?
-overthrow the government?! They've been playing their cards pretty close to their chest till now, or else they've been moving fast.
-Pixis is casually down with overthrowing the government too
-uh-oh, Erwin sounds like he's going out there with full expectation of being executed Sad
-scouts being rounded up
-Reeves is that asshole rich guy from the first episode? That's kind of a cute little callback
-Erwin promises his grieving relatives who think he's the murderer, that he'll avenge him. Not a bad move in terms of planting a little doubt in peoples' minds who's the bad guys.
-yiiiikes, his father was killed for having theories that the government was creating false history, even though it seems like it was just speculation without any particular classified info or anything, I'm voting they make the government overthrow bloody as fuck.
-the government had the power to alter people's memories?? If it's true, that'd explain why only 100 years created such a massive lack of historical knowledge, I'd thought it was just the author being sloppy! Sorry, author-kun!
-not a great likeness of Levi, but they got his expression right Laughing
-In hiding and being hunted, add in some gear fights like last week and this could be awesome!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 am

Spoiler:

TBH, was a lot of waiting around for something to happen and not really anything did, except a bunch of small convenient things that let the Scouts seemingly accomplish their goals (Hitch and Marlow don't shoot first, Hitch and Marlow somehow believe Levi, Hange rescues the boss' son, the boss' son gets them to talk instead of getting shot etc etc etc)

Erwin is so gonna be dead next ep tho isn't he Sad
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm

S3E4/41
Spoiler:

-Annie's former roomie blames the Scouts for her disappearance
-Peaure and Dawk, Werel is missing so many good names
-the press keeps quiet about the Interior Police and their new human-hunting gear
-Hange in the nick of time
-Flegel Laughing
-Yelling on the rooftops, Hange might not be too cut out for secret operations Uh-oh
-"Defeat is all the Scout Regiment has ever known," she says confidently
-Hitch rofl
-Woah, that look on Jean's face when he says he's going to kill them, did he just completely snap from the guilt of not killing that woman a few episodes ago or what? Shudder
-"who in their right mind would cut their hair like that" rofl
-I'm still not convinced he was just testing them, he looked pretty into what he was saying, I'm kind of wondering if he's going to be looking for a chance to get bloodthirsty and make up for failing before.
-Also, Marco might have passed the test (wait, wasn't there a dude named Marco in the original squad too who got eaten, don't confuse me with same-name people!??), but Hitch didn't, why are they trusting her too, seems a little easy?
-Secret police dude on the ground sobbing, everyone's really cracking up this episode
-That drop-from-the-sky attack Shiny/thrilled
-Hange freaking out from hurting her hand punching Laughing
-Setting it up for townspeople to overhear the truth, this seems a little obvious and over-easy
-Flegel sits on the interior police dude and dramatically promises to look out for the townspeople Laughing
-Erwin on the noose Sad
-That little move of Levi's eyebrows when the guy he's interrogating mentions Kenny, it's almost a facial expression!
-"When the time comes, I'll only watch. It's up to you to decide, you and them."
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Yesterday at 6:24 am

Ep 42

Spoiler:

- Balls on Erwin to tell the royals to their face about stuff
- And yeah, as soon as the wall-breach came up, I knew there was a coup incoming
- So huh, Christoria is the "vessel" and Titans gain powers from other Titans by eating them. And Reiss family was killed in a chapel fire, except maybe it was a Titan exploding out. And then we get Eren imagining himself as a woman brushing his hair. So maybe Eren was a Reiss, he was the Titan that exploded out, he ate his royal siblings/family and then his "dad" found him and somehow controlled his power?
- Though, whatever this case, fuck off and do what you're trying to do already. If this was a 12 ep season it's halfway and we've had like one significant action sequence and seen NO titans.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum