NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LitRPG

Go down

LitRPG Empty LitRPG

Post by Aggrax Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:43 am

So, I recently stumbled across a new genre of book called LitRPG. The basic premise is that a character winds up in a world that works like a video game, with levels, stats, skill and such available to them. What makes it different from a .hack or SAO type story is how detailed the authors will describe the systems the characters and world use. The game based elements are as much a part of the story as anything else is. Think like Order of the Stick if the audience could actually view the character sheets.

Thanks to some Audible credits I was able to check out two different LitRPGs. The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 1) by Dr. Aleron Kong and Adventures On Terra, Book 1: Beginnings by R.A. Mejia. Both of them are... interesting reads. The Land has a lot of elements of settlement building to it, while Adventures is a more slow paced look at the formation of adventuring parties.

Has anyone else read or heard of stories like this. I know the format takes a bit of getting used to, but I find it has a bit of charm to it if the characters are written well enough.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum