NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I make a mistake?

3 posters

Go down

Did I make a mistake? Empty Did I make a mistake?

Post by Gotoku 2017 Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:49 pm

I recently visited Comic con in London with a friend of mine last Friday. We ended up spending the day with a mutual friend and her group. I got talking to one of her closest friends for over a hour about a video game we both love. We talked about it on and off throughout the day.  We also talked about some other stuff but for the 6 hours we hanged out I say we talked for around 2-3 on and off. She also offered to give me one of her small figures she won from a raffle if she won it twice.

I thought we were getting along pretty well so decided to ask for her facebook. She said it was fine and even told me ways to find it (People who we might have as mutual friends).

However since then I've not heard anything back and I'm starting to wonder if I did something wrong that day. I will admit I did cancel and resend notification twice as was not 100% sure if got right person at first.(I asked for her last name but kept forgetting it and she wore cosplay all day so made recognizing her bit harder.) I also left small message to check if right person. My friend has not made any mention about something happening so I'm not sure what to think.  I guess just feel a bit crap as wondering if I made her feel uncomfortable with realizing it.

I don't plan to do anything but just don't know how it could go so wrong

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Did I make a mistake? Empty Re: Did I make a mistake?

Post by Werel Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 pm

From what you're saying, it doesn't sound like you did anything out of line. Cancelling and re-sending twice was probably unnecessary, but not terrible. An unanswered Facebook friend request is way too easy to agonize over (for everybody), but the only thing you can really do is quit worrying about it. She'll friend you or she won't, and that could be for a million reasons other than whether you did everything "right" (she rarely uses Facebook, she's been super busy, she changed her mind about making new connections, her account got hacked, etc. etc. etc.) It does suck when you make a new potential friend and it fizzles out, but it just happens, even if you didn't do anything wrong!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotoku 2017 Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:36 pm

So she ended up adding me today. Not spoken to her yet but guess last week did go ok

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Oh, nice! Glad it worked out.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotoku 2017 Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 pm

so bit of a update did not really end up going anywhere..... basically added her to Facebook but only spoke to her once about a pic from the game we likedjust one or two comments each. afterwards sent her the odd link and a figure pic from the game and did message her how she was. Got no reply to anything else so just bummed out about it. I know she rarely uses Facebook but have seen her online so just going to move on....

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:24 pm

That's too bad, but I agree it's probably best to move on. Sounds like you handled things fine, but someone you hit it off with one time doesn't always translate to a longer-term connection, that's just how things go sometimes.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotoku 2017 Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Yea bit down about it but nothing I can do. She's not unfriended me or anything so might be as you said just one of them things that won't meant to happen.

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotoku 2017 Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:29 pm

So while at work got a reply from her about my pic. Only spoken one or two comments with her about it so far. Just going to see how it goes. so who knows might have just been busy.

Gotoku 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum