Hotel Hookups

Go down

Hotel Hookups Empty Hotel Hookups

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Anyone ever done one of these? I have within a relationship (love the whole picking up your own partner at a hotel bar thing) but never as a proper hookup.

I've just arranged to meet a guy off OKC on Wednesday, should be fun and we're on the same page regarding giving contact details to a friend, condoms, making sure people know where you are etc, so no red flags. Just hope I remember what all the bits and pieces are for, as my last relationship was a lesbian one! I suppose there is a bit of me that's thinking I might be raped or murdered, which I know could happen anyway, so I'm looking for both safety advice and some reassurance maybe! Or horror stories if that's how it went down.

Back to top Go down

Hotel Hookups Empty Re: Hotel Hookups

Post by Autumnflame on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Hotel hookup? As in, specifically getting a hotel for the night, as opposed to just going to one or the other's place?

I don't think I've ever hooked up with anyone at a hotel bar specifically (or even a bar, specifically, come to think of it), but I've done the "meet someone randomly at an event, catch on fire, decide to get a hotel room due to circumstances that lend going back to a residence infeasible" (assuming you're not at a hotel already due to a convention, or something). ... I think I got bitten by bedbugs (it wasn't, erm, a great hotel) but fortunately didn't bring them back, perhaps because there were no clothes present in the bed. :p

I've never had any bad consequences come out of hookups, if it makes you feel better. Smile They haven't all been sparkles and unicorn farts, but some have been amazing and led to highly-enjoyable reoccurrences (and once a long-term relationship), and the worst was, at most, meh and a little awkward. I think you'll be fine, especially since you've given the contact details and notification, and you're on the same page so far as condom use, etc. If you're worried or an extra precaution, you could do the thing where someone calls you at a certain time, or you call them after the first <x> hours, just to check in.
Autumnflame
Autumnflame

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Hotel hookup went better than expected! Only issue was the unexpected one that he hadn't told anyone where he was. I forbore to make the obvious joke about leaving him in the bathtub with a kidney missing. I also forbore to...er... leave him in the bathtub with a kidney missing, because my black market career in trading stolen organs fizzled out YEARS ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 am

Sounds awesome!

I'm curious, though, how this came to be. Did one of you just say "hey, let's hook up at hotel x" out of the blue, or what? That seems to go against OLD advice for both genders, even when your looking for something casual.
The Wisp
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:35 am

Yep, he made a crack about getting a hotel room and then I had to take a break from OKC because my mum rang (!), so he sent a message going OMG SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO FREAK YOU OUT and I replied that, actually, I was potentially up for that. The rest is hookup history.

A+, would f*** again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:10 pm

That's pretty hilarious Laughing
The Wisp
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm

embertine wrote:Yep, he made a crack about getting a hotel room and then I had to take a break from OKC because my mum rang (!), so he sent a message going OMG SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO FREAK YOU OUT and I replied that, actually, I was potentially up for that.  The rest is hookup history.

A+, would f*** again.

Oooh, well aren't you lucky? Razz

So far no hotel hookups for me yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm

The Mikey wrote:So far no hotel hookups for me yet.
Well, you know what they say: don't ask, don't get. Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

<mod hat on>I've split the conversation on other people finding casual sex online to this thread for those who'd like to continue that conversation beyond the specific case of hotel hookups.</mod hat off>
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum