Completed Video Games 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Completed Video Games 2017

Post by bomaye on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:22 pm

1) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch) -45 Hours

Unlocked the Gold Glider, something I didn't do in the Wii U version (they halved the unlock amount for 10k to 5k, I was just over 3k when I finished triple-starring all the Grand Prix races. Overall MK8 is definitely a better game on the Switch than the Wii U because of the double item boxes, but I probably lost interest in the multiplayer about 1000 coins ago. Battle mode being back is cool but I quickly lost interest in it (wasn't very good at it). Mostly did my online play in races, which is fun up until you start hitting the 1000-2000 mark, then things get too srs business. Finished with 280 races, 63 1st Place finishes, 42 Seconds, 37 Thirds, and 8 rounds of battle mode with 1 each of a 1st/2nd/3rd place finishes.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Completed Video Games 2017

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Played Undertale, found it compelling enough to play again for a different ending, just finished the second round. Very interesting, surprisingly moving, and I think it's the kind of game that stays with you. I'd definitely recommend it.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 pm

On opposite ends of the time-investment spectrum: I finished Persona Q (3DS), which took 80+ hours, then played through Transistor (PC), which only took 5 hours.

I'd never played a Persona game before, and my brother was watching Let's Plays of Persona 5 and thinking it'd be up my alley, but since I don't play big consoles anymore, I recommended he get me whatever Persona game was on the DS for my birthday. Turned out that Persona Q isn't a traditional Persona game, but rather a cross between a Persona game and an Etrian Odyssey game, with EO gameplay but using Persona characters and theming. Since I love the Etrian Odyssey series, this game was a great find, and I got to get a bit of a glimpse into what the Persona games are like too, so that was pretty cool.

Transistor was a great experience. I wasn't a big fan of the combat system (although the skill system had a lot of neat ideas) but the game was short enough that it didn't bother me too much. The main focus of the game, however, was on the narrative/atmospheric/emotional experience and it absolutely delivered.
KMR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:57 am

2) Splatoon 2 (Switch) 40ish hours

100%ed single player. 30ish levels including boss-levels, a secret map in non-boss levels and on each world-screen, a secret wrench in every level, and then beat every level a total of 9 times, once each for each type of weapon. Probablyyyyyy wasn't worth it, but I did it anyways <_<

Compared to Splatoon 1, it's maybe more like an expansion pack? The two games are a ton alike, just Splatoon 2 has more of everything (especially in single player, being able to use every weapon in it was cool), though 2 did remove some of my favourite super-weapons from the multiplayer mode and replaced them with weaker/nerfed weapons that don't quite have the same effect.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am

3) Ultra Street Fighter 2

Technically I've probably beaten it like 40-50 times <_<

I beat it on Normal with every character and watched their endings, beat the Buddy Battle a few times and beat the game a few more times with a few characters to unlock titles. Each character has about 5 titles to unlock (Beat the Game, Beat Akuma, Beat Buddy Battle, Win a Round of every fight with a Super Move, Win a Round of Every fight without taking damage). I'm gonna see how many titles I can unlock without driving myself nuts doing it.

4) Sonic Mania (Switch)

This game doesn't fuck around, both as an homage-type Sonic game to the Genesis (perfectly replicates the style), and how hard I found it. I think only Sonic 1 gave me this kind of difficulty. Was annoyingly hard (and in some ways, continues to be with unlocking things). Some of those levels and new stuff added in were cool as fuck though. Did it on a Sonic and Tails playthrough, might beat it again on a Knuckles playthrough
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:36 pm

5) Fast RMX (Switch)

Sort of like F-Zero. Technically I beat it because I unlocked the end credits, but that was just one mode on on the easiest setting (and even then, I only placed top 3 in every cup, didn't #1 them all). Fun early on, but the rubber-banding in this game even in the later stages of easy-mode is awful, really feels like the AI is straight up cheating to maintain its position (and #1 and #2 usually pull about a quarter of the track ahead with no real way to catch up unless you race perfectly as far as I know). Might play Time Attack/Time Trials a little bit more.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:44 pm

This is making me want to go ahead and buy a Switch now even though money's not the most available at present. And, of all things, a Sanic game for it.

My partner recently unlocked every single kart component and every "sticker" on the Wii U MK8. And she has at least a one-star gold trophy in all twelve 200cc cups.

I held off on getting Stukov as a commander in StarCraft 2 co-op, but he was included in the SC Remastered release, so now I have all the commanders and they're all level 15.

In a similar vein, my Marvel Puzzle Quest roster is currently missing Classic Doc Ock, Netflix Daredevil, Civil War Steve, Old Man Logan, Bag-Man, and various one-stars who weren't Juggernaut or Yelena. That's it. All two and three star characters are Champions except for the new Netflix Elektra, and all four star characters are available if not necessarily good. Very excited for Lockjaw coming out soon, but I really hope a yellow Reed Richards cover will show up somehow by next week...

I caught 'em all in Pokemon Moon, but then a friend of mine who was trying to do the same lost his 3DS with Pokemon inside. He just wanted the destination anyway, while I favor the journey... So I gave him my cartridge, he bought me Pokemon Sun, and then I caught them all again.
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum