Completed Video Games 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Completed Video Games 2017

Post by bomaye on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:22 pm

1) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch) -45 Hours

Unlocked the Gold Glider, something I didn't do in the Wii U version (they halved the unlock amount for 10k to 5k, I was just over 3k when I finished triple-starring all the Grand Prix races. Overall MK8 is definitely a better game on the Switch than the Wii U because of the double item boxes, but I probably lost interest in the multiplayer about 1000 coins ago. Battle mode being back is cool but I quickly lost interest in it (wasn't very good at it). Mostly did my online play in races, which is fun up until you start hitting the 1000-2000 mark, then things get too srs business. Finished with 280 races, 63 1st Place finishes, 42 Seconds, 37 Thirds, and 8 rounds of battle mode with 1 each of a 1st/2nd/3rd place finishes.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Completed Video Games 2017

Post by Enail on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Played Undertale, found it compelling enough to play again for a different ending, just finished the second round. Very interesting, surprisingly moving, and I think it's the kind of game that stays with you. I'd definitely recommend it.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Completed Video Games 2017

Post by KMR on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 pm

On opposite ends of the time-investment spectrum: I finished Persona Q (3DS), which took 80+ hours, then played through Transistor (PC), which only took 5 hours.

I'd never played a Persona game before, and my brother was watching Let's Plays of Persona 5 and thinking it'd be up my alley, but since I don't play big consoles anymore, I recommended he get me whatever Persona game was on the DS for my birthday. Turned out that Persona Q isn't a traditional Persona game, but rather a cross between a Persona game and an Etrian Odyssey game, with EO gameplay but using Persona characters and theming. Since I love the Etrian Odyssey series, this game was a great find, and I got to get a bit of a glimpse into what the Persona games are like too, so that was pretty cool.

Transistor was a great experience. I wasn't a big fan of the combat system (although the skill system had a lot of neat ideas) but the game was short enough that it didn't bother me too much. The main focus of the game, however, was on the narrative/atmospheric/emotional experience and it absolutely delivered.
KMR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum