Ballrom e Youkouso/Welcome to the Ballroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ballrom e Youkouso/Welcome to the Ballroom

Post by bomaye on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 pm

There you go, gush about dresses

Spoiler:

And wonder if our buddy the stone bear pushed Hyodou down the stairs or if he just fell himself silent
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballrom e Youkouso/Welcome to the Ballroom

Post by Prajnaparamita on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Bomaye I might just love ya Shiny/thrilled

NOOOOOO BUT SERIOUSLY THE DRESSES YA'LL!!! Okay, so does anyone who does costuming know the name of those wing-like pieces of cloth that the women are wearing attached at their upper arms and wrists? The effect is soooooo pretty and I kind of just want to drape silk all over myself and swish around in circles in my room.

Spoiler:
I think he... fell? But I'm not really positive about that. The way Gorilla (also I am loving all the different body types in this anime, really works to make it super visually interesting)
said "I might win this year after all" was super sketchy, but prior to that I wasn't really getting any anime villain feels from him, and this is basically a shounen sports manga, villains are supposed to project themselves from a mile away lol. Besides, didn't the fall happen after the totally not gay encounter in the bathroom stall, in which Hyoudou was already bandaging himself? It could be he was previously weakened and then slipped. Buuuuuuuut... This is anime, so the simplest explanation is never the right one, so you know what, I'm gonna go with pushed lol

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING THE OTHER CHARACTERS TEASED IN THE OPENING PLEASE MORE PRETTY DRESS TIME PLEASE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Spoiler:

The flashback did show Hyodou at the bottom of the stairs with him standing above it. So they're trying to imply that he pushed him down them or something. But I think with Hyodou have knee problems, he probably just fell on his own, King Kong saw it happen and thinks "Well shit, we might win this one, but for the wrong reason."

Also I know nothing about costumes and dresses :nod:
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:48 am

COME ON YA'LL I KNOW SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM GOTTA KNOW ABOUT COSPLAY AND DRESSES

Spoiler:
I think you're right, mostly because I don't want to believe that Takeo Gouda's long lost twin could be a baddy. YOU'RE TOO PURE FOR THIS WORLD!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:09 am

Ore Mono ;_;
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:21 am

Two eps this week

Episode 4

Spoiler:

- Dat fiery sexual tension because Tatara stole his girl (and then he passes out because of his fucked leg)
- Yeah, he fell down the stairs (the same way he did with the joke gag in the first ep), our man Iwakuma is too nice for that
- HYOUDOU IS COMMENTATING ON SUMO FOR TATARA'S GRANDMA I'M LOLING
- Hyoudou with his dramatic request and then... steps on the wrong train rofl
- What a fucking nerd imagining himself being all suave and cool
- A WAIFU APPEARS

Episode 5

Spoiler:

- Of course this character-type (that was in Ippo too) is a Latin dancer
- DANCE WITH THE ULTIMATE CUTEPIE
- Sengoku mashing their bodies together rofl
- Dat park dance where Tatara leads Mako-chwannnn and then makes her cry because her brother is a dumbfuck
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm

bomaye wrote:Two eps this week

YAAAAAYYYYY!!! It sucks that I couldn't actually sit down to watch this sooner, crazy week between houseguests n' school n' shit

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- Dat fiery sexual tension because Tatara stole his girl (and then he passes out because of his fucked leg)

Spoiler:

Let me cry over you in public and have long intense conversations about how much you inspire me and have entire scenes spent staring into your eyes and periodically have you grab me and press your face against mine and NO HOMO HERE BOYS

srsly tho cant wait to see all dat hawt slash fanfic yo

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- Yeah, he fell down the stairs (the same way he did with the joke gag in the first ep), our man Iwakuma is too nice for that

Spoiler:

Fucking called it lol, he's Gouda's long lost twin and ain't nobody allowed to say otherwise. Also, Iwakuma is such a perfect name for him, he's just like a giant stone bear (with a heart of gold!)

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- HYOUDOU IS COMMENTATING ON SUMO FOR TATARA'S GRANDMA I'M LOLING

Spoiler:

Okay ya'll it's official, Obaa-chan is totally Werel when she's a granny--ain't gonna let little things like blindness or old age stop her from perving on those adorable chubby boys she loves so much!
Also her trying to fatten up Hyoudou was just too cute  Feeling loved

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

- Hyoudou with his dramatic request and then... steps on the wrong train rofl

Spoiler:

I fucking love that this show is genre savvy enough to make the mysterious, brooding, troubled young genius character also a total derp. It's certainly not a parody of a shounen competition anime, that's for sure, but it recognizes its absurdity enough to play around with the edges of the tropes its been given, which is fun

I gotta say though, I really didn't love this episode nearly as much as the past three--I think it was in the sheer amount of still frames used. Look, I get it, animating those dancing scenes so fluidly is expensive and time consuming as shit, and it makes sense that you'd dump your budget into the first few episodes in order to get people watching and hooked. But damn, I wanna see people dancing if they're supposed to be dancing, not Random Bitch on the Sidelines and Dude with School Shooter Haircut talking about how people are dancing without even showing us anything! Oh well, here's hoping more comes next episode

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:07 pm

bomaye wrote:

Episode 5

Spoiler:

- Of course this character-type (that was in Ippo too) is a Latin dancer
- DANCE WITH THE ULTIMATE CUTEPIE
- Sengoku mashing their bodies together rofl
- Dat park dance where Tatara leads Mako-chwannnn and then makes her cry because her brother is a dumbfuck

Take it all back, Ballroom e Yokouso has still got it--damn this was some gorgeous animation! The sunset, the movement, the way the light would shine off her hair and eyes as they moved--really great stuff.
Spoiler:
And you know what, I am totally shipping your waifu (who's my Hair Waifu, because damn I've been trying to rock that shoulder length blond bob plus bangs and a cute little side braid and hair clip since I was like 14, and still can't pull it off!) with Tatara now--they just seem so earnest and sincere and perfect for each other, like as a couple they'd watch old performance videos together and cry because the dancing is just so beautiful

That all being said lol, I kinda don't blame Loudmouth
Spoiler:
for ditching Mako--I mean damn, isn't it weird to be dancing hyper-sexually with your sister after all? You're a young and randy young man, go swivel your hips with someone you can actually stick your dick in

Finally, Mako gurl, I totes don't blame you for the
Spoiler:
whole no-bra thing. For me it was less an act of radical feminism and more increased depression (hey, if I have one less item of clothing that I have to wash, I can do even less to take care of myself!) but put on enough layers and no one will be able to tell, promise! Never need to wear one again

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 am

Episode 6

Spoiler:

- Dat headbutt staredown
- And of course, Gaju is a gigantic fucking NERD who's had a crush on Shizuku forever
- Tatara's dad fucking talking to Mako on the phone rofl
- God DAMMIT, Tatara and Mako are adorable (and Mako is mega-waifu level adorable), I'm not sure why we're supposed to want Mako to go back with Gaju, that ship should be sailing so hard
- Tatara's not dancing alone anymore in the outro silent
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum