Gamers! [Anime]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gamers! [Anime]

Post by bomaye on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:48 am

It's an anime about a bunch of fucking gaming nerds. Loners, hidden gamers, former gamers who are now cool kids. It's definitely written by someone who is actually a gamer, there's references to real games (and I think an actual real game did show up), and a lot of best lines are things I've actually heard real gamers say (it makes me fucking lol). Episode 3 just came out yesterday I think.

Ep 3

Spoiler:

- Karen's psycho-stalking him and he doesn't realize it x)
- "Let's start by talking to chicks who like the games you like." [His face: Let's not.] GOD DAMMIT rofl
- Oh my god, the new girl is so adorable, literally shrinking
- "The Game Club is way too glamorous for us." rofl
- THEY SAID DIFFERENT THINGS TO EACH OTHER
- And now they're fighting because they have different tastes. This fucking writer gets it
- "We're lonely gamers with inflated egos, we can't compromise on anything." FUCK
- "It's what you'd call relationship drama." This show just kills me.
- OH MY GOD THAT FUCKING ENDING :ROFL:

This is so wonderful rofl
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gamers! [Anime]

Post by bomaye on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Ep 4

Probs the least interesting ep

Spoiler:

It's a little funny how Karen's ruining her life over this fucking nerd but I don't think the joke was strong enough to last a full episode nor was that stuff about a game being fun and about winning all that interesting of a point to make
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:24 pm

I thought I'd posted about E1 here, but maybe it was somewhere else. Anyway, I'll post this one here!

E2:

-the opening animation is a pretty cute idea (did E1 not have an OP? This is the first time I've seen it Shrug)
-That bento Shudder
-that random infodumping all over the popular guy out of enthusiasm for the game! But why's Keita trying to hang out with classmates all of a sudden, couldn't he have done that at any time? They're not really showing why the change or properly making it feel like one of those weird moments when somehow the time's right for people who wouldn't otherwise have anything to do with each other to connect.
-I'm not interested in men Laughing
-PERSONAAAAA
-Karen is so awkward it hurts, how was she ever the cool girl??
-Keita's so guileless and open, you'd kind of worry for him in a different show
-Tasuku's outburst
-Wow, did that push Keita's buttons Uh-oh
-Pink-haired girl liked him back when he was a neerrrd! Self-image shattered!
-it's interesting that all the haircolours are dyed instead of it just being the norm/unacknowledged that people have crazy hair like most shows.
-Wow, Karen... does not crush like other people crush Shocked

Sometimes it seems like all the reactions and outburst don't get enough character development and leadup to feel natural, or that it's not quite high-energy and over-the-top enough to just skip to the big reactions,  it can feel a bit like a kid randomly smashing Barbie dolls together to make them kiss shake their worldviews. There's enough nerdfeels and awkwardness that rings true for it to get by, but I'm not sure it's a very good show. Having fun watching it anyway, though.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

E3:

-"That game was terrible" "Yay, you played it, how was it?"  Laughing
-99999 and that sound effect Laughing
-Tendou melts into dust, and then he walks all over her rofl
-That girl really is starting a breakdown Uh-oh
-Hoshinomori shrinking down to nothing at being talked to
-sitting at opposite ends of the enormous bench, struggling to come up with a few sentences and panicking when they make eye contact, oh god the awkwardness
-Frantically waving her arms to ward off an invitation to the game club Laughing
-bonding over snubbing the game club, I 100% bought that
-"she's less condescending and more like a friend than you are" rofl
-they break it off over having a different opinion, this is too fucking real
-"we're lonely gamers with nothing but our inflated egos, we can't compromise when it comes to games" rofl
-When you'd rather mediate in a gamer argument than interact with your girlfriend, it's probably time to break up Uh-oh
-It would feel pretty unconvincing how Tasuku's all over Chiaki without showing us anything about her that would make him fall for her, if it weren't for the fact that he seems like he wants out of his relationship so badly he'd fall for absolutely anyone else just to have a reason.
-the scene of pink-haired girl lying on the floor deflated, colour-drained and making weird little noises cracked me up for some reason. Poor girl.

I wish there were a little less relationship drama, I'm not especially rooting for anyone to get together and it all feels a little random, but holy fuck the awkward nerd shit!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:56 am

Enail wrote:
E3:

I wish there were a little less relationship drama, I'm not especially rooting for anyone to get together and it all feels a little random, but holy fuck the awkward nerd shit!

Yep. It was definitely written by someone who knows Grin

Gamers 5

Spoiler:

- She fucking hates Keita for his tastes rofl
- Ofc they're secret online friends
- "I hate him more than your favourite idol being in a drama because the agency asked for it" God damn
- He starts cackling evil-y because he came up with a solution rofl
- "It's common to want to share your opinions with someone, especially if you hate them, isn't it?" Oh my god rofl
- Of course he's a rabid fanboy of her games
- God Hoshinomori is so adorable.
- Oh my god, they think Tendou is cheating with Uehara
- "I would've never guessed Uehara-kun was such a player." rofl
- Chiaki in the window seeing them hold hands, I'm start to love how everyone thinks everyone is macking on everyone else rofl
- OH MY GOD THE THINGS HE SAID ABOUT HER WHEN CHIAKI ALREADY THINKS SHE'S HIS GIRLFRIEND
- The bad end of the blonde dating sim is that SHE FUCKING KNIFES YOU rofl
- "Dating sims aren't real" as Amano is trying to plug his ears rofl
- Does Chiaki think they're gay now. That would just be perfect rofl rofl rofl
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:24 pm

E4:

-if your alarm goes off at 5:30 am, your life's already not magnificent.
-that motivational poster before story really makes you wish for her to hurry up and have a breakdown just out of sheer boredom
-so, the moment you sleep late, your hair knows you're not perfect anymore and stops playing along, huh Side-eye
-the way she grabs his arm and then freaks out and randomly sticks her arm up in the air like that'll help anything Laughing
-his face before drinking the durian juice Laughing

Definitely agree that the joke wasn't funny enough and the fun vs. winning insight wasn't meaningful enough to support an episode. I worry a little that this show doesn't actually have enough going on to fill a whole season's worth.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Yesterday at 11:46 am

E5:

-his shout physically flying across the road to hit pink-haired girl Laughing
-the "they hate each other and don't know they're really friends" and cutesy matching nickname reasons is pretty tiresome, but at least Tasuku finds it as painful as I do. It felt totally real to have them fight over that disagreement to begin with, but carrying it forward as a relationship drama obstacle...  Sleep
-getting them to talk to each other b/c you want to argue your opinions with someone you hate rofl
-"were you always so creepy" rofl
-they keep acting like Keita's idea that you should have fun playing/making games is something mind-blowing and revolutionary Neutral
-Aguri makes me sad (except for the little squeak noises she makes when she's been slain, those make me laugh  Lurking/sketchy )
-Tasuku laughing crazily to himself playing a game that's out of money Laughing
-covering his ears to not hear that dating sims aren't like real relationships rofl rofl rofl
-he doesn't realize he's already hanging out with Karen, that obliviousnessss

Some funny bits and a little more of that real person-ness, but I get pretty bored of romantic misunderstanding cliches. It needs to step it up.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum