Fall Anime 2017 Chart

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fall Anime 2017 Chart

Post by Enail on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Kujira no Kora 12

Spoiler:

-watching a Marked person slipping into death makes the awfulness of Falaina stealing their life force move from theoretical to emotional in a way that just knowing "oh, they die young" didn't.
-Ouni's little reaction when Masoo says they don't have to be sullied, he'll carry the sin for all of them, like he'd been assuming he had to carry all the sin, as the one person who'd been ready to fight and kill.
-sad things are precious - sounds like the others are unknowingly on board with the choice Chakuro made for all of them not to have them erased
-apparently Jesters are bodyguards, among other things; it actually seems like a pretty good role for Liodari so far Wink
-Archivists eat nous flesh?? It's interesting,the different peoples' relationships with the nous and with history.
-illict sarx-eaters!?
-that flashback
-Masoo died Sad
-As soon as the redhead says it's okay to cry everyone starts bawling Sad
-Eyepatch actually looks sad thinking about his wife, and then thymia marks appear around the  eye
-Now Neri/Ema (I'm not sure what the difference is or if it's meaningful) is trying to convince people to give up memories, what the hell did that gift-thing do to her? It's unsettling when she used to be mysterious but seem like more of a kindly spirit than not, it's like the Mud Whale used to be on its people's side in some way (even if it's also eating their life force) and now it's on some other side we don't know.
-Suou giving the Marked the choice Nod
-Eyepatch seeing the ghostly images of Ouni and Nibi as kids, and then that little smirk when he's talking to the hat girl, what is he trying to do
-"I won't cry, but that doesn't mean I'll forget," Ouni's kind of half from the outside world and half from the Mud Whale in spirit
-that little kid with the note tablet, maybe it's time Chakuro takes an apprentice
-it's funny how the attack from the Empire really made Ouni wholeheartedly a Mud Whale person in a way he never was before, I wonder if wherever he came from he just understood more about the darker side of the world that the others didn't, so it set him apart from the carefree innocence, and now that they've been exposed to it more and can accept and appreciate what he brings he belongs with them more and appreciates what they had/have. Or maybe knowing he doesn't have to be the scapegoat for all anger and fighting spirit, that they've all taken it on, makes the difference.
-Ema's talking to Neri, so the distinction is meaningful. It seems like Ema's been corrupted by the kokalo, but maybe Neri hasn't?
-Holy shit, Suou abdicating in favour of Ouni?!?
-And they're all still happy to be children of the Mud Whale

I guess this is the end of the season, but it looks like there's maybe going to be another season, and the manga is still ongoing. It didn't pull off everything it promised or that I'd hoped in terms of the retrospective history/cultural change theme and character development, it often started going deeper with its story and ideas and then pulled back and only skimmed the surface and jumped to another thread, but it has enough in it that I'd definitely watch the next season. And it sure was fucking pretty.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fall Anime 2017 Chart

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Mahoutsukai no Yome 12
Spoiler:

-apprentice was only a pretense, but she turned it real and he's not sure what to make of it
-her wand's looking pretty nice
-she touches it and suddenly she's on a swing on a giant tree  Shocked
-her wand binds her to the dragon and paths between life and death, that's pretty cool
-dragon-ghost therapy!
-returning home to use her words, because she wants to
-"I thought she was a quiet girl, but she might actually be a wolverine" Laughing
-and then after that majestic firebird of empowerment and theme song reprise into Elias' arms and meaningfully gazing at each other, "do you know how far that was? You're an idiot" Laughing
-a happy dream of her parents
-sheep-bugs!
-happiness montage

I'm kind of thinking to stop here, not that I'm not enjoying it pretty well, but I'm just not sure I'm on board enough to want to watch a whole nother 12 episodes, and this seems like a natural stopping point in the story. Shrug
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum