Star Trek: Discovery

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Post by bomaye on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 am

E15

Spoiler:

- Was that Ron Howard making another Star Trek appearance?
- "You have my Phaser!" "And my axe!"
- "Eyyyy, here's a superbomb, your honor-obsessed society will DEFINITELY respect threatening to blow up the entire planet to blackmail yourself into a position of ultimate power."
- And everyone lived happily ever after
- "Detmer, have we cleared the Sol system?" "Ay Captain!" *A fucking planet is still literally flying by on the viewscreen*
- Captain Pike and the Enterprise! Do you think Michael's gonna follow Spock around all day and call him onii-san?
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 am

Oh, I didn't realize 15 was supposed to be the season-ending episode
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Whew, that'll give me a chance to catch up!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:55 pm

e13:

-Great, no more Evil Lorca I guess
-Great, way more Evil Georgiou I guess
-Great, guess Stamets is never gonna think about/mention Dr. Hugh again I guess
-Lol as soon as he said "jumped 9 months ahead" I said "aaaand the whole Federation is gone" *high-fives self*

e14:

bomaye wrote:- Legit I was about to start hating on Detmer (the female officer with those robot implants on her face). Every other shot of her is her just giving a silent judgmental look at everyone and every thing. Her mirror counterpart had more characterization.
rofl Yes. The worst
-I think Tilly sitting down with Tyler is the only moment of Star Trek on this show so far
-Mm, super convenient that they magically excised all of Voq except for.. uh.. every single one of his strategically useful memories
-Terraforming a moon for spore bloom =  cool, therefore they were contractually obligated to gloss over it in about 10 seconds and barely show it
-You just see Voq when you look at Tyler? Well now that you've stopped parting your hair, I just see Weyoun's little poodle-top when I look at you, so
bomaye wrote:- Maybe it'll be the running gag of the show that evil people keep getting to be Captain of the Discovery.
Yeah, definitely, this show will totally do something clever and funny like that  Uh-oh
-

e15:

-Oh.. good... Q'onoS Mos Eiseley... cool
-Tilly is one of the only likable people on this show, I'm stunned she hasn't died yet
-Why... is... L'Rell agreeing... to be a Federation puppet
-Why... is... the Federation trusting L'Rell not to just wipe them out with a unified Empire
-Why... is... any of this... oh fuck it who cares at least the miserable Klingon plotline is over (please)
-Oh and... now... uh... let's tack on some tawdry monologue about peace and idealism or whatevs after a season of PEW PEW YEEHAW
-OH GRRRRRRRREAT, here's the ENTERPRISE, let's destroy not only the spirit but the continuity of TOS Smash against wall

Yeah, I think I might straight up hate this show
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Werel wrote:
e15:

-OH GRRRRRRRREAT, here's the ENTERPRISE, let's destroy not only the spirit but the continuity of TOS Smash against wall

Spoiler:

Eh? They already said Pike was Captain of it
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 pm

bomaye wrote:
Werel wrote:
e15:

Spoiler:

Eh? They already said Pike was Captain of it

Spoiler:
Yeah, just not really looking forward to Burnham have some angry yelling matches with Zachary Quinto which Real Spock never mentions again, and/or the Enterprise crew murdering Evil God-Emperor of Mankind, and/or the Enterprise bridge being retconned as a dark blue & gold techno-hellscape, or whatever other dumps they decide to take on Roddenberry's grave  :/
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm having a reeeallly hard time sitting down to watch the last two eps.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Stick in there for the dreary little scraps of Starfleet idealism they cram into a brief season-ending monologue that actually subverts the best parts of Federation thinking while pretending to champion it! C'mon, Enail, doesn't that sound FUN?! Shiny/thrilled
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Sad
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Werel wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, just not really looking forward to Burnham have some angry yelling matches with Zachary Quinto which Real Spock never mentions again, and/or the Enterprise crew murdering Evil God-Emperor of Mankind, and/or the Enterprise bridge being retconned as a dark blue & gold techno-hellscape, or whatever other dumps they decide to take on Roddenberry's grave  :/

Thing #1

Spoiler:

Deep Space 9 and parts of TNG already shit on Roddenberry's grave. He never wanted dark-anything in Star Trek and the crew were never supposed to have personal issues with each other Wink

Also Mean Gene took credit for everyone else's work, a grave with some shit smeared on it is not totally undeserved Wink

Thing #2

Spoiler:

What if they have this Spock show up in his sexy drab blue sweater and he smiles all the time
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 pm

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:

Deep Space 9 and parts of TNG already shit on Roddenberry's grave. He never wanted dark-anything in Star Trek and the crew were never supposed to have personal issues with each other Wink

Also Mean Gene took credit for everyone else's work, a grave with some shit smeared on it is not totally undeserved Wink
Yeah, true, I'm not into a Roddenberry-purist vision of total conflict-free Star Trek, just one that's not like "heh the Terran Empire kinda has a point guys, let's base all our actions on an assumption of perpetual war"  Disgruntled

bomaye wrote:
Thing #2
Spoiler:

What if they have this Spock show up in his sexy drab blue sweater and he smiles all the time
Theeeeeen I'll love this show
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum