Winter Anime 2018

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Winter Anime 2018

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Kokkoku E2

Spoiler:

-fucking creepy monster, and "the Handler" becomes a fucking creepy name when you attach it to that thing
-and it crushes the baddie Shocked
-it protects people in Stasis because of rules they don't fully know? Shiny/thrilled
-Genuine Love Society Side-eye
-if the dad would be stuck in that frame from the other two leaving Stasis and entering it again, does that mean they have to be with the stone when they leave Stasis as well as when they enter it or else they don't restart?
-was that the main character girl as a kid in the other woman's flashback? I know we saw that character before, but I don't remember.
-oh shit, he thinks Makoto's dead, CPR could break his ribs! And then would the Handler come??
-Yes, we remember what happened, it was only last episode, we don't need a flashback
-why didn't they just bring the stone with them to begin with?
-that was pretty badass, for being taken by surprise. Not badass enough, though.

Story's interesting, but yeah, the characters are pretty generic so far, I'm hoping it'll be like Ajin in that the action and mystery keeps it interesting and over time you get enough character development to care.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Darling in the Fraxx 2

That's... sure an interesting control system for driving robots. Maybe they should've added a third X to "Franxx"
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Ancient Magus Bride 15

Silky's origin story

Can it please be the Ancient Silky Bride instead
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:17 am

...why??
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

Spoiler:

She's a Banshee. It shows her year ago sort of crying and wasting away beside a house that was falling apart because the family that lived there had all passed away and all she'd wanted was more time with them. Finally she leaves the house and starts dissolving into foam, but Spriggan (the little guy who was with the Fairy King and Queen) finds her and leads her to the house that Elias eventually lives in (there's a family there at the time).

Also Chise had to leave for the land of the fairies because a magical thing she did backfired unexpectedly on her condition and she got hurt, so it showed Silky cleaning the house and imagining them coming home to the clean house, magically redecorating/renovating and then kind of just waiting there for a few seasons waiting for them to come back
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 am

Huh. Who'da thunk!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 am

Ye. Not implying that I'm shipping Elias and Silky, but Silky is def best girl (and probably won't explode into a bloody mess like Chise every time she does something nice)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 am

You're totally shipping Elias and Silky, aren't you Lurking/sketchy
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm shipping Silky and me, though Elias going freaky slobber monster and then Silky giving him a stern look is probably cute too
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Kokkoku 3

Spoiler:

- Huh, she has the power to kick out jellyfish and forcibly shunt them back into regular time. I wonder how much pain they're gonna be in when time returns to normal
- It was interesting seeing the killer try to figure out how he was going to do it because being frozen means that the regular "rules" don't apply
- And the bad guys slowly figuring out what the Handler is made out of
- Huh, the Jellyfish that she kicked out went into the little brother instead (or is that a sister? If she's the Second Daughter, then who's the first?)
- NICE way to end the episode, I knew that guy was gonna be faking being frozen
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Don't mind me, just wheezing to death rofl rofl rofl
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Killing Bites 3

Spoiler:

The Horned Lizard shooting blood from her eyes to kill her enemies is fucking metal
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Kokkoku 3
Spoiler:

-she expelled the Specter and forced him out of Stasis, fucking cool
-why did they use the stone back in the flashback? Seems like it'd have to be something pretty important for the grandfather to involve them as kids
-interesting that the white suit guy who seemed to be in charge of the woman didn't recognize a Handler
-dude who looks like Greed from Fullmetal Alchemist calmly watches the freaky monster crush a guy's skull and just starts trying to piece things together
-so if there's any of the baddies still alive once they've killed enough people to use up the Handler, they can kill freely Uh-oh
-w-why did the Specter go into Makoto? And the other ones that were expelled presumably didn't go anywhere. Something about their family heritage?
-so there was a kidnapping when they were kids too. Kind of would have been better if they didn't explain why the brother was trying to convince Makoto nothing bad happened, left us to figure it out ourselves when more comes out about the flashback time
-Makoto spinning around making streamers out of the stasis'ed juice Laughing
-and why did the jellyfish arms start poking out of the brother like it was thinking about leaving? maybe if you stand still for too long?
-the one guy's Stasis goal is to try every ice cream in the convenience store freezer rofl Suddenly this show is so relatable Grin
-pretending to be Stasis'ed, fucking smart, that baddie deserves a promotion!

bomaye wrote:
Spoiler:
- Huh, the Jellyfish that she kicked out went into the little brother instead (or is that a sister? If she's the Second Daughter, then who's the first?)

Spoiler:
The kid is her nephew, the kid of an older sister we haven't seen who it mentioned in the first episode, she called to ask protag to pick the kid up b/c she had to work. So the older sister's presumably the first.

The kid calling his uncle "big brother" just shows their relationship's more close/casual/younger-feeling than using "uncle" sounds, it's pretty common for people to call someone older 'big brother/sister' for all kinds of things, like for people who aren't related but have a bit of an older sibling vibe, or even "neechan" (a casual form of "big sister") is used by a guy hitting on a girl who might be older, it's got a casual, playful tone.  
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about that

Kokkoku 4

Spoiler:

- Yeah, there it is, Juri was in stasis as a kid, the other woman had a flashback to her carrying a dog
- I lol'ed when Grampa had to pay for the food
- "What a lowlife" and then he homes in on her boobs Disapproving
- Picking up water like that is so cool
- Oh man, none of the Religious Sect people can leave without the Stone
- Oshiii did the Handler just expire?
- Ofc Handlers are other people
- These people seem to smart to be common muscle/thugs

I don't really dig horror but I am liking the Ito Junji Collection. Atmosphere, style, and not being shock-factor western-type horror really helps
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Yuru Camp still being chill too. Just a bunch of girls (one being a loner, so she goes by herself) trying to figure out how to chill and stay warm during winter camping and scoping out Mt Fuji from different viewpoints
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Kokkoku E4
Spoiler:

-she wants to stay in Stasis because her dog's dying Sad  
-fuck, she almost pushed him out, no wonder Grandpa got so cagey about all this
-Juri is fucking badass when she gets mad
-playing with her drink, like nephew like aunt Laughing
-how do people who are involved in a religion look, exactly?  Suspect
-Makoto immediately starts putting the falling cans away, maybe he's not a brat after all Wink
-it's his mom  :/
-I wonder why grandpa never told the dad about it, given that he was free enough with it back then that he froze time just for Juri to say goodbye to her dog.
-when she scoops some water and the remaining water stays scooped was a cool detail
-freight car without an engine? I guess that means it takes you with if someone initiates Stasis with the main Stone but can't drive it on its own
-talking about surviving long-term in Stasis makes it feel like a way scarier thing
-oh shit, Handler's DEAD??
-there's a mummified person in there?!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Kokkoku 5

Spoiler:

- Wowwwww, the father just dissolves away like nothing after giving up
- Fuuuuck, the mom and brother too
- The stuffed animal stays floating upside down after she swung it at the car
- Ohooo, so she wants to test Juri's power on the heralds to see if they can save them
- "Are you going to let me fuck you?" Her face, then the other guy's face when she tells him "Uh, sure."
- Welp, looks like he isn't getting any after all
- Is the father tsundere-gaying over the main bad guy rofl
- Huh, a mini half-completed Herald
- HO FUCK THERE GOES HIS HEAD
- So is she just trying to fit the new Heralds in as her family or is it actually them
- Welp, RIP Tsubasa
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 am

Ito Junji Ep 6

>that feel when expecting horror
>that feel when waiting for "it" in the second part
>that feel when it delivers feels instead
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Kokkoku 5

Spoiler:

-the jellyfish starts leaving him when he doesn't care, or he gets apathetic when the jellyfish starts leaving him?
-Ohshit, he's becoming a Handler!! The whole family! Is being outside of time something you have to fight mentally or it takes you over? And damn, that was a fucking traumatic scene for a little kid.
-And Juri's just like "fuck your family horrifyingly turning into monsters and floating away in a frozen world, what about my dog," that'd totally have been me as a kid Lurking/sketchy
-it's kind of weird the way they make all the other family members fairly reasonable and sympathetic, but the dad's so gullible and self-centered, it's like he's a different level character altogether.
-Greed is crazy-brave to try hurting someone frozen while thinking less murderously to see if a Handler shows up to crush his fucking head or not
-Majima's Handler-dad comes to protect her Handler-brother. I think it probably is them, that'd explain the one being kid-sized.
-oh good, the dad's not actually falling for the bad guys' promises, I take back my complaint, he still comes across as kind of an ass, though.
-oh shit, stabbed, and there's no way to get to a doctor until they can all leave Stasis, that doesn't look good. And based on next week's preview, it looks like being stabbed isn't great for your will to hold onto your jellyfish either (that sounds dirty Uh-oh)
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 pm

Ancient Magus Bride sure doesn't seem like a romance half the time
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Kokkoku 6

Spoiler:

- Big Bro seems to be able to fight pretty good for being a gamer NEET.
- Uh oh, the apathy is setting in
- OH SHIT he's turning into a Herald
- Bad guy's pretty zen
- Maybe don't show Makoto you trying to murder someone and then a Handler showing up
- Dad assumes they're gonna be hanging out in stasis regularly from now on
- AND HE GETS THEM RIGHT AWAY rofl
- Riding on the Handler's back, that's so cool
- The pile dissolves and then sticks in mid-air, the mechanics of stasis are so visually pleasing
- That stop just in time before it impales her eye
- So what if it is her little brother or something and they go popped out of stasis in traffic
- So either Papa has a crazy urge to kill, or he just has the power to summon them easymode
- OH SHI KID MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 pm

bomaye wrote:Ancient Magus Bride sure doesn't seem like a romance half the time

Jeez, that's worse than Twilight!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 am

Killing Bites 6

The Destroyaal (animal person battle royale) is so fun. "Oh btw, Crocodilan immune systems can even cure HIV and heal in the swamp before the end of a fight!." "Oh btw, King Cobras can spit their venom, dohohoho what will Honey Badger do now?"

Spoiler:

She'll kick King Cobra's two dicks off Shudder
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Kokkoku 6
Spoiler:

-holy shit he suffocated the attacker to death after taking a butcher knife to the torso, this family is remarkably badass
-wait, where's the blood?? Was it actually the other guy that got stabbed??
-wandering around barefoot in shock,tendrils starting to go
-"have you gone soft" like they're all mafia or secret assassins, who the fuck says that Laughing (though, between Juri and Tsubasa's fighting ability, maybe they are Uh-oh)
-now he's gonna have to be a freaky half-tree person forever?
-oh god, did she just disintegrate part of his shoulder
-whew, no, it's just a sandy shell
-Greed can feel his own jellyfish ( Wink wink nudge nudg )
-somebody needs to fill the dad in on things, he spends all his time asking "what the hell is that"
-seeing Juri with her happy family made her decide to work with the cult Sad
-ohshit, the dad can do it just on a whim. And is just assuming they're going to use Stasis all the time now, that's disturbing.
-I love the way the Handler-sand just freezes midair as it disintegrates
-the dad seems pretty stunned, maybe troubled by how easily he was able to want to kill. Or maybe just freaked out by nearly dying himself, they're kind of setting him up as not having much of a conscience.
-Majima's brother's still alive!?
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 am

Kokkoku 7

Spoiler:

- Hrm, I wonder if Majima will be able to find her brother now that he popped back out of stasis
- When she takes her little brother to the hospital, won't they arrest her when they see the condition he's in?
- Sagawa figured it out, Heralds come from people who are mentally destabilized by the shock of entering Stasis without knowing what was going on
- Huh, Sagawa just wants to look at the world for a long time, and his new second-in-command would just hide the power from everyone
- Whoops, one of the true believers overheard him
- Cool, everyone wants to seal away the stasis spell
- Oh, so there's the possibility that there's no Heralds on duty right now
- Lock on the switchblade doesn't work after its user was kicked out of stasis
- And Papa's decided he prefers having the power of stasis
- Huh, he actually randomly found the Stone using a hint from his pee
- Whoa, the Founder stretched out his life 500 years somehow while experimenting with the Stone
- The Heralds aren't the result, they're the process? So these Heralds would've eventually evolved further into long-lived people?
- WHOA, Sagawa's allowing himself to be completely controlled by a Specter? Or it's just the natural progression of staying in stasis too long?
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum