What's the saddest you've gotten over a fictional character dying? (warning: spoiler city)

Go down

What's the saddest you've gotten over a fictional character dying? (warning: spoiler city)

Post by Bootlebat on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:03 pm

For me I would have to say Lexie from Grey's Anatomy. I was sad for weeks after

Bootlebat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the saddest you've gotten over a fictional character dying? (warning: spoiler city)

Post by Hielario on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Biscuit from Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. I literally screamed. No No No

Also, felt pretty miserable when Achenar dies in Myst IV, even if its canonicity is questionable.
Hielario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the saddest you've gotten over a fictional character dying? (warning: spoiler city)

Post by bomaye on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:08 pm

One Piece

Spoiler:

The Going Merry

They made me care more about a fictional boat than I do most real people  Crying

Berserk

Spoiler:

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi

Spoiler:

That first time Satoru failed to save Kayo
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Probably the death that I had the most over-dramatic reaction to, was one that never actually happened. When I was like 6, I don't even know in what movie, there were a bunch of people on a journey, with one pet goose, and the people were on the verge of starving, and starting to look speculatively at their pet. My dad, knowing I got really upset at animal deaths on tv, gently warned me that I might not like what was coming next. I ran off and spent probably the next hour hysterically crying about a random background pet goose's death, before my parents were able to get through to me that it hadn't even landed up getting killed after all Laughing

Another ridiculous but more deeply affecting one, Osamu Tezuka's Buddha series made me genuinely, deeply sad to think that the Buddha, who I had gone into it well aware that he had abandoned his earthly body more than two thousand years ago, was gone Wink (I don't think this really counts as a spoiler.)

For a more proper answer to this question, there are like a million that come to mind, but I think I've got to go with an early one that strikes me as sort of the most fundamental, the platonic experience of fictional death:

The Neverending Story (I bet everyone already knows what this one's going to be)
Spoiler:
Artax. I haven't thought about it in a decade or more, but holy fuck tears still come to my eyes at the utter despair of it, like, I'm feeling kind of watery just writing this.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Berserk for me too.

Spoiler:
The whole eclipse, but Judeau's death wrecked me in particular.

In fiction, I'm not even that big a Harry Potter fan, but Dumbledore's funeral had me crying for a whole afternoon and moping around the entire day after.

And even though it's foreshadowed the entire time, and you're supposed to expect it, and he's so wry and resigned to it (or maybe because of that), Ralph Touchett's death in The Portrait of a Lady hit me pretty hard.

Enail wrote:the most fundamental, the platonic experience of fictional death
rofl It really is.
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun May 06, 2018 9:21 pm

<mod> Actually, moving this one too Lurking/sketchy </mod>
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun May 06, 2018 9:36 pm

What's the saddest you've gotten over moving a post?
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun May 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Well, now that you asked, it's this one Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum