NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ad Problems on iPad

5 posters

Go down

Ad Problems on iPad Empty Ad Problems on iPad

Post by kleenestar Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:02 am

Hey mod team: when I'm using the forums on my iPad, almost every page pops an ad that sends me over to the app store, making it nearly impossible for me to read the site. Any chance you can look into this? Thanks!

(Anyone else having the same problem?)
kleenestar
kleenestar

Back to top Go down

Ad Problems on iPad Empty Re: Ad Problems on iPad

Post by Mel Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

I've been having that problem too, and meant to bring it up if it didn't resolve itself. (It's only been like that for a few days--before that I could browse the forums on the iPad just fine.)
Mel
Mel
Roving Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54 am

I'm on my iPhone and the site opens up the App Store for me too. Kind of annoying, glad to hear it's not just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:42 pm

It has been happening on my Android as well.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:35 pm

Sorry about this, folks. It looks like it's something of an ongoing issue for the forum providers, so I'm not sure we'll get a resolution for this anytime soon.

I realize recommending that people install software is not exactly an ideal solution, but Adblock Plus seems to be quite effective for getting rid of the ads on the forum (also it's awesome and I love it in general), and from what others say, seems to get around this problem. I don't have an iPad or Android, but I'm pretty sure there are versions for most mobile devices.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 pm

ABP works I think only on desktop browsers, most notably Firefox. I dunno if they make one for mobile devices and mobile browsers

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:55 pm

They seem to have one for Android here and one for Safari (which I think is the browser iPads use?) here. I've only used it for desktop, though.

Again, sorry I don't have a better solution. Support is pretty limited for these forums.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:48 pm

The app store keeps popping up for me while on the site on iOS8 for me. IDK wtf is going on, but every few pages it opens, and it only opens when ads for a Candy Crush rip-off show up. What used to be a very minor annoyance is being a full-on problem now, in my opinion, just thought the mod team should know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Okay, can you give me the URL of the ad it redirects to? And are you using the mobile version or switched to classic?

Anyone else still having this problem, please let me know the browser, the URL of the ad(s) it redirects to, and mobile/classic!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

I use it in classic, and last time it did a redirect it opened up the app store to something called Panda Pop - Bubble Shooter. It also opened up a dead link called s3.amazonaws.com recently.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I'll need the URLS to be able to get forumotion's tech team to troubleshoot, so next time it happens, could you grab the URL and paste it in this thread? Thanks!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Absolutely!
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Enail wrote:Okay, can you give me the URL of the ad it redirects to? And are you using the mobile version or switched to classic?

Anyone else still having this problem, please let me know the browser, the URL of the ad(s) it redirects to, and mobile/classic!

Unfortunately, the Ad opens up the app store before I know it. And I'm actually using the Desktop version on Safari for iOS, so, classic I think.

Oh, just now on my phone I got a pop up for "6zwzz.exclusive-rewards.sweatminister.biz". At the time of this writing, I haven't gotten the App Store pop-up, but I'm sure I will soon. As soon as I do, I'll try to get the URL, but they've been pretty weird URLs, if I recall one ended in .ru?

ETA: Some URLs for App Store popups, "cpadna1.com" and "control.kochava.com".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum