National November Writing Month!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

National November Writing Month!

Post by reboundstudent on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:51 am

Only a few more days before my favorite and most stressful month of the year begins-National November Writing Month!

Who's participating?
What genre are you aiming to write? Got any story ideas?
Wanna keep me honest? PM me and I'll send you a link to my NaNoWriMo doc. You can laugh at my writing and shame me when I'm not meeting my quota! Razz
reboundstudent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: National November Writing Month!

Post by BiSian on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Oh crap! It's that time of year again. I want to try but I don't have an idea. We'll see...
BiSian

View user profile http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:56 pm

I really want to try again. Last year I got 17000 words done. Then in June this year I completely re-wrote that half story from scratch and got about 22000 words in.

I think I will concentrate on making writing daily a goal, with meeting 50k words part of that, rather than trying attempt 3 at that novella - at least this time around. I'll be participating, aiming to write a collection of short stories based on writing prompts.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

View user profile http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm not much of a writer so I probably won't do this, but I saw this webcomic today and it made me think of this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I admit I find the idea of having some kind of pseudo-obligation to do a nifty creative thing tempting. I know there's not a lot of time left to think about it, but I haven't made up my mind yet. Agh.

I've also never written anything longer than twenty pages (no idea what the word count was on that). Then again, it's not like I'm gonna get much practice if I don't do NaNoWriMo.
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:54 am

I'm participating... jumped right into it last year, with even less time to think about than nearly has got now, because October 31st was the day I finally got to the end of the Master's thesis I'd been struggling with for years, and I suddenly had a great lot of time, somlet, why not write a novel? This year, I've prepared a bit more... thought up some characters, some themes, the beginning of a plot. I'll be writing in Norwegian, though.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am

Hirundo Bos wrote:I'm participating... jumped right into it last year, with even less time to think about than nearly has got now, because October 31st was the day I finally got to the end of the Master's thesis I'd been struggling with for years, and I suddenly had a great lot of time, somlet, why not write a novel? This year, I've prepared a bit more... thought up some characters, some themes, the beginning of a plot. I'll be writing in Norwegian, though.

O_O

Is Norwegian your native language? Omg can you teach me? I'll exchange Japanese lessons for Norwegian. :-D
reboundstudent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Det er norsk som er morsmålet mitt, ja Smile I'm not sure how to teach a language, but I'll be happy to help if I can. It brings out what little patriotism I have in me when someone is interested in my language.
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 am

Hirundo Bos wrote:Det er norsk som er morsmålet mitt, ja Smile I'm not sure how to teach a language, but I'll be happy to help if I can. It brings out what little patriotism I have in me when someone is interested in my language.

私はうれしいですよ!
(Watashi wa ureshii desu yo! "I am quite happy!") My grandmother is full-blooded Norwegian, but lost the language years ago. It's especially a bummer since quite a few people still speak it in my area.
reboundstudent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Oh, so there's a bit Norwegian in your metaphorical blood. Well, as I said, I'll be happy to help, but I don't know much about teaching a language over the Internet, or how to organize such a thing... When I try to organizing things, they're in danger of turning out cumbersome and weird. Maybe someone have any suggestions?

As for Japanese, it does sound like fun, but I'm not sure I have the energy for it. Lack of daylight is a drain on cognitive resources.
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Hirundo Bos wrote:Oh, so there's a bit Norwegian in your metaphorical blood. Well, as I said, I'll be happy to help, but I don't know much about teaching a language over the Internet, or how to organize such a thing... When I try to organizing things, they're in danger of turning out cumbersome and weird. Maybe someone have any suggestions? 

You could try Livemocha, with one of you signing up as a teacher and the other as a learner; I think they have little pre-made learning modules that can be adapted to different languages. I've never used it, but a few friends have had good experiences with it!
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 am

All right, I'm going to do it! This is the first year that I've started late, but who knows...
PM me if you're interested in being Writing Buds!
BiSian

View user profile http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum