NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Dump!

+9
Gentleman Johnny
readertorider
Enail
Mel
waxingjaney
Wondering
reboot
eselle28
PKB
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pocket Dump! Empty Pocket Dump!

Post by PKB Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 am

As an EDC (everyday carry) junkie, I'm curious what everyone here carries around on a daily basis, whether it's an iPhone and a huge roll of twenties or just car keys and some used tissues.

Pocket Dump! 15575910799_a0795908e2_zIMG_3178 by phokubunnyman

- Bellroy Card Sleeve wallet (awesome - super slim, carries a few bills and about five credit-card-sized cards in the center pocket)
- Spyderco Chokwe (great slicer - I carry this instead of something tiny like a Dragonfly because it's good for food prep)
- iPad 2 Mini (for reading on the go)
- Keys with Prometheus Beta-QR flashlight
- Surefire G2 body with Malkoff emitter
- Leatherman Wave (best multitool ever)
- Super cheap flip phone
PKB
PKB

Back to top Go down

Pocket Dump! Empty Re: Pocket Dump!

Post by eselle28 Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:47 am

Oh, these are always fun, and this place seems intimate enough for me to feel okay posting a picture. Come at me guys (but bear in mind the size of a bag needed to haul around all this stuff and its potential use in self-defense):

Pocket Dump! Unname10

- iphone
- makeup bag
- contents of makeup bag (chapstick, tampon, eyeliner, mascara, concealer, allergy medicine, contact case, sunscreen, hand lotion, hair ties, nail clipper, clear polish)
- some spare change
- cardigan
- flip flops
- wallet (contains cash, ID, credit cards, and about a million receipts)
- lighter (not sure why given that I don't smoke anymore)
- keys
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:37 am

Fine, fine catch me on an awkward night. In context this all makes sense.

And apparently photo upload hates me. So my pockets had:
- a 9 mil, 12 clip
-ChapStick
-Kimono condoms
-Stretchy bandage tape
- a switchblade
- lots of tampons
-$20 in Euro
-lots of pens more than tampons

Um so, this is not my daily. I tend to have no weapons or weapon accessories.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:19 am

reboot wrote:Fine, fine catch me on an awkward night. In context this all makes sense.

- a 9 mil, 12 clip
-ChapStick
-Kimono condoms
-Stretchy bandage tape
- a switchblade
- lots of tampons
-$20 in Euro
-lots of pens more than tampons

Um so, this is not my daily. I tend to have no weapons or weapon accessories.

Despite the protests that this isn't your usual night out, I'm now picturing you as a secret action hero. Razz
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 am

Just in my jeans pockets, I carry:

-phone
-~$20 in bills
-loose change
-roll of lifesavers
-insulin pump
-kleenex

- lighter (not sure why given that I don't smoke anymore)
I've never smoked, but I always have a lighter in my purse. Like with my Swiss Army knife tools, I feel I never know when I might need some fire. It has come in handy at least twice before.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:28 am

Actually I was the packhorse for a guy friend, although everything except the switchblade and the clip were mine. Not quite sure who th euros belonged to...
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:01 am

Wondering wrote:
I've never smoked, but I always have a lighter in my purse. Like with my Swiss Army knife tools, I feel I never know when I might need some fire. It has come in handy at least twice before.

That's a good point. I live in a very strong car culture, so I don't tend to think of my carrying around stuff as survival gear. I've got a minor zombie invasion kit in the back of my car - BBQ lighter, high calorie snacks, cold weather stuff, car repair stuff, rifle, a small home repair kit - so I tend not to think of the lighter in my purse as a tool. It is, though. And, now that I think of it, it's useful in minor situations like birthdays and needing to light something when walking back to cars was annoying. I will admit that the main reason I have it is for the social smoker thing of offering others a light, though.

reboot wrote:Actually I was the packhorse for a guy friend, although everything except the switchblade and the clip were mine. Not quite sure who th euros belonged to...

It still sounds like a terribly interesting story, though I suspect the facts behind it were less so when you had to live them out. Can you elaborate on why you were packing things at all, or is that a private thing?
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 am

Lessee... right front pocket gets a wallet, phone in a case, pen, and a zip drive. Left front gets car keys and a tiny flashlight on one key ring, house and work keys and a pocket knife on a second ring with a lanyard stub, and an ancient Bubble Tape tub for loose change.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:06 am

What is always in my shoulder bag/purse:
-keys
-wallet
-public transit tokens
-water bottle
-at least two pens
-small notebook
-pack of tissues
-small tubes of hand cream, lip balm, hand sanitizer, and painkillers (I get headaches a lot)
-sunglasses
-foldable cloth bag

Usually in there:
-various paper garbage
-bookmarks promoting my latest book
-at least one bandaid
-gum (usually mint, for in case I'm worried about my breath)
-cell phone (not right now because it's dead and I can't find the damn charger)
-iPad (not right now because I take it out when I get home)

Recent additions:
-business cards (since my publicist had me make them up a couple months ago)
-small hand towel (since last trip to Japan)
-ginger candies (leftover from when I was pregnant)

I used to carry a small Swiss army knife too but got out of the habit because I kept having to take it out when going on airplanes without checked baggage (there was a period a couple years ago when I was traveling by plane several times in the course of a few months).
Mel
Mel
Roving Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:19 pm

eselle28 wrote:

reboot wrote:Actually I was the packhorse for a guy friend, although everything except the switchblade and the clip were mine. Not quite sure who th euros belonged to...

It still sounds like a terribly interesting story, though I suspect the facts behind it were less so when you had to live them out. Can you elaborate on why you were packing things at all, or is that a private thing?

It is super boring Smile My roommate asked me to carry them because they are heavy and made his shorts droop in an unseemly manner when we went to the store. He carries them usually because he has a bad case of the "what ifs"

Last edited by reboot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Pockets: just a tissue or two and some lip balm. I used to carry more, but I spend a lot of time sitting with my foot up, which makes everything fall out of my pockets, so now it all goes in the bag.

Bag: -wallet
      -phone
      -spare change
      -transit tokens
      -pen
       -pencil
       -little notebook
       -pads
       -spare tissues
       -keys
       -painkillers
       -random paper crap (why is there always so much random paper crap in my bag? no one knows!)
       -waterbottle

It's a backpack, so it's unnecessarily large for what I carry most of the time. Would like a smaller one.

...I already pictured Reboot as a secret action hero.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Daily basis:

-iPhone 4S (or as I named it my Metal Gear Mk. 2)
-genuine leather wallet (used to have a chain, got tired of it since it began ripping up my ass-pocket)
-Chapstick (if needed)

Daily basis (at school):
-iPhone 4S
-wallet
-Chapstick
-Pen & Pencil and eraser
-military style Range bag with multiple pockets carrying random assortment of shit
-Ray Ban Wayfarers (stashed in Range Bag)

Back to top Go down

Post by readertorider Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm

I have an iPhone and a "paper wallet" that looks something like a Chinese Menu. Girl pockets are small, and I've never owned a purse (probably should get one, but not sure exactly what I want + have a very good chance of losing it...)
readertorider
readertorider

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Oh, my purse is usually a MESS:

-iPhone
-Wallet which looks like slices of bread
-Sunscreen and sunscreen and sunscreen
-Keys
-Sunglasses
-3DS
-So much forgotten paper detritus. So much. Today's finds: a letter from the EEOC and a flyer for Ono Kimchi
-Notebook and pen
-Gum
-Assorted empty doob tubes
-3 lighters? So that's where all my lighters went!
-Paperback (currently John Gardner's Grendel)
-A bluetooth mouse? Why do I have a mouse in my purse?
-Lil' hairbrush
-Bandana
-D10s

Y'all, my purse isn't even that big. I am actually amazed at all the things I'm pulling out of it clown-car style.  Uh-oh
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Pocket Dump! 20141111

I have a military surplus looking shoulder bag for most of this stuff.
Vaporizer, battery charger, juice and spare coils (not shown because they;rein the car right now)
Cell phone (not pictured), USB cable and backup charger
Tablet/ebook
Pen, lighter, other reading material
Not shown: Rx meds, aspirin, wallet and condoms.

I need to put a notebook back in my carry bag.
Gentleman Johnny
Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:27 pm

I've got...

iPhone
wallet
keys
iPod with earphones
two pens
pocket kite
various painkillers + other pills
inhaler
lip balm
hand sanitizer
pads
plastic card holder with fob
SO MUCH PAPER DETRITUS

and need to add tissues, a notepad and a handwarmer.

I transitioned to a purse upon running into the "why do the people who make these think women don't need pockets" problem with a new pair of jeans when I was in my early twenties. I may have possibly abused it a little...

Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 pm

eselle28 wrote:
Wondering wrote:

That's a good point. I live in a very strong car culture, so I don't tend to think of my carrying around stuff as survival gear. I've got a minor zombie invasion kit in the back of my car - BBQ lighter, high calorie snacks, cold weather stuff, car repair stuff, rifle, a small home repair kit - so I tend not to think of the lighter in my purse as a tool. It is, though. And, now that I think of it, it's useful in minor situations like birthdays and needing to light something when walking back to cars was annoying. I will admit that the main reason I have it is for the social smoker thing of offering others a light, though.

Mine has been used for birthday candles. And also, once we were at a state park and the people at the picnic table next to us were trying to light their grill, and realized they'd come all the way to the park without a fire source. There was a not-happy fight and return home brewing, so I offered up my lighter.

I always say no to people who ask for a light since these people are always strangers, often approaching me on the street. Nope.

And looks like I got confused and just listed my pocket items:

-phone
-~$20 in bills
-loose change
-roll of lifesavers
-insulin pump
-kleenex

Here are my purse items.
Main pouch:
-wallet
-keys and Swiss Army knife
-blood glucose meter
-pepper spray
-hand sanitizer
-comb
-roll of lifesavers
Inner pocket:
-a few loose bandaids
-mirror
-book of soap leaves
-flashlight
Outer pouch:
-gum
-regular red Sharpie
-ultrafine black Sharpie
-mechanical pencil
-2 or 3 ball point pens
-chapstick
-lipstick
-clear lip gloss
-roll of lifesavers

My purse is pretty small. Not a clutch size, but not a big bag size. I use my space and Tetris skills wisely. Smile

Mel, I get the thing about flying and the Swiss Army knife. I've forgotten to put mine back on my keychain after flying a few times. And then there are the places you aren't expecting that won't let you have knives. Like when I went on a tour of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but what was the weirdest thing you ended up finding in your pocket/bag when you did a clean out?

I found a seashell in my bag and I was in the middle of Afghanistan. To this day I have no clue how it got there
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:50 pm

I found 45 cents! Not all that surprising, but quite pleasant all the same.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Don't have a purse/bag/satchel/crap container, but I did find 37 cents and some old Cheetos when I put a short shifter in my car. I had never eaten Cheetos in that car (I bought it used).
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:36 pm

I feel so boring. I have a Nexus 4 smartphone, a car key, and a wallet that contains my debit and credit cards, my student ID, and my driver's license.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:54 am

The Wisp wrote:I feel so boring. I have a Nexus 4 smartphone, a car key, and a wallet that contains my debit and credit cards, my student ID, and my driver's license.

Boring...or enviable? There's a lot to be said for hauling less around with you. I will say that I envy your lack of random paper junk, which I have so much of and, uh, photoshopped out of my picture.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:15 am

reboot wrote:Fine, fine catch me on an awkward night. In context this all makes sense.

- a 9 mil, 12 clip

I didn't notice this before, but... what kind of piece is it? Beretta 92FS? Glock 17? Walther P99? SIG Sauer P226? Sorry, I could go on and on (in case you couldn't notice, I'm also a gun nerd/enthusiast). And I'm guessing you mean a 12-round magazine? Razz

reboot wrote:
It is super boring Smile My roommate asked me to carry them because they are heavy and made his shorts droop in an unseemly manner when we went to the store. He carries them usually because he has a bad case of the "what ifs"

Oooh, does he have a CCW permit? Sorry, I'll shut up now, it's just that this stuff fascinates me.

Gentleman Johnny wrote:
I have a military surplus looking shoulder bag for most of this stuff.

Hooray for military surplus stuff! Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:22 am

The Mikey wrote:

- a 9 mil, 12 clip

I didn't notice this before, but... what kind of piece is it? Beretta 92FS? Glock 17? Walther P99? SIG Sauer P226? Sorry, I could go on and on (in case you couldn't notice, I'm also a gun nerd/enthusiast). And I'm guessing you mean a 12-round magazine? Razz

reboot wrote:

Oooh, does he have a CCW permit? Sorry, I'll shut up now, it's just that this stuff fascinates me.

If I had to hazard a guess it probably belonged to the Glock because it seems to be the one he carries most often, but I was not playing attention to which one he had. There are multiple but most spend their time in the safe.

He tends to open carry (I am in AZ so it is all OK, no permit needed) because it is what he is used to from the miltary and it is more comfortable. I am pretty sure he also has a concealed permit too.
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:54 am

I carry all my stuff around in a Spencer Reid-style leather satchel and it's pretty unchanging from day-to-day:

* keys
* 2 lip balms
* pen
* transit card
* phone
* sunglasses
* wallet
* reusable bag
* silicon coffee sleeve
* emergency shawl (I get cold a lot)
* pouch: bandaids, measuring tape, folding scissors, tide pens, disinfectant spray, tweezers, wipes, folding hairbrush, headache tablets, hand sanitizer, cuticle cream, neosporin, nail file, hair elastic, tampons, notepad
* paper calendar because I kick it old school
* book

A number of people make fun of me for the measuring tape, but it's honestly come in handy a bunch of times.
fakely mctest
fakely mctest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum