Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss]

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss]

Post by Spiffo on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Chickpea Sarada wrote:^ Excuse me, rogue VI. The game made a point of distinguishing the two.

[whine]

Anyway, it looks like I need to connect the PS3 to the Internet, but the password to the router is not working. My brother is coming home soon, and the system is his, so maybe he'll be able to figure out how to import from the previous game. Hopefully, I'll be able to. I tried starting anew as Shinobu Shepard, but it just didn't feel right. Kaidan died, not Ashley. And the original council is supposed to be alive (yes, even the turian jerk). Did Wrex survive? I don't know!

[/whine]

Yeah, you need to connect it to the Internet and update the ME2 I believe. Then you should get an option to import your previous decisions.

Wrex is dead in the non-imported save, so you're better off waiting, or troubleshooting it and connecting it to the Internet yourself and starting the game (it'll download the update automatically).
Spiffo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Spiffo wrote:

Wrex is dead in the non-imported save, so you're better off waiting, or troubleshooting it and connecting it to the Internet yourself and starting the game (it'll download the update automatically).

Aw Heck Naw!!  The Council being dead, I can handle and get used to, but Wrex being dead?  Nope.  Yeah, gonna wait until I get better Internet connection.

In the meantime, who are your favorite party members?  For me, I always took at least one alien except Liara because I'm already an adept and don't need her.  But if I had to assign order of top favorites, Garrus would be in first place, Tali and Wrex tied for second.  I'm curious about the new party members who will join in the later games (Legion, Mordin, etc.)
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Chickpea Sarada wrote:
Spiffo wrote:

Aw Heck Naw!!  The Council being dead, I can handle and get used to, but Wrex being dead?  Nope.  Yeah, gonna wait until I get better Internet connection.

In the meantime, who are your favorite party members?  For me, I always took at least one alien except Liara because I'm already an adept and don't need her.  But if I had to assign order of top favorites, Garrus would be in first place, Tali and Wrex tied for second.  I'm curious about the new party members who will join in the later games (Legion, Mordin, etc.)

Garrus and Mordin are my boys, though I liked Wrex, Jack, (spoiler for ME3) EDI as well.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:58 pm

I was pretty fond of Jack, Garrus, Tali and Mordin. I haven't played 3 yet, though.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:13 am

The Mass Effect Trilogy was one of the truly gripping experiences of the last console generation. I was a full-on paragon throughout the thing, shit was heroic as hell.

ME1 I thought was a good world-building game but I don't think it's aged very well. Saren was a great villain though.

Mass Effect 2 was pure magic. Or science-fiction energy because magic is a Dragon Age thing. I felt the Illusive Man and Cerberus added that edge that the universe needed. This may be a bit weird, but the mission complete screen was one of my favourite things about the entire series, knowing the Illusive Man was watching your every move and commenting on all of your actions, and figuring that at some point he was going to stick the knife in your back. What a great character.

Mass Effect 3 was AWESOME... right up until the ending. The way I put it is that ME1 was Star Trek, a lot of world-building and exploration of new things and their philosophies, ME2 was half Trek half Star Wars, a lot of space opera action but still exploring the worlds in-depth. ME3 was full on Star Wars, right up until the ending, when it suddenly turned into random Star Trek philosophy. It'd be like if moments before Luke blew up the Death Star, Q popped up and asked him how he'd like to win instead. An extreme tonal shift. Also, I wasn't a fan of the DLC being so expensive (at least on console, Omega and Citadel combined are worth more than actual price for the game, never did buy them) and the multiplayer was pretty tacked on

Thane was my favourite party member, the Drell were really interesting and I can be had with noble assassin cliches. Mordin for his humour and his ME3 thing, and Miranda for her secretly damaged self and her assets (she was my romance victim) were my other favourites
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:02 am

Saw this on another forum, gave me a good laugh:

Gman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Pointless ramble ahead:

Had a fanfic idea based on a dream: I dreamt there was a huge line of aliens auditioning for parts in a drama/vid series that was based on the concept of "Kaiba."

Since it was about transferring memories between bodies, this meant multiple actors could have to play the same character and one actor could have to be multiple characters.  There would be questions addressed in the show like, how would memories be affected and processed in the bodies/brains of different species? (Like from a Salarian to a Drell to an Elcor)?  There would be fandom debates on what species the main character originally was once it's implied that the body s/he inhabits in the beginning of the show may not be the original.

But, would I want to write about it as a show in the regular Mass Effect universe?  Or write the show's story itself?  The latter would be...complicated.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:38 am

So I recently heard of the upcoming 4th Mass Effect game. Based on what I've heard, it sounds like this time the game will take place in the Andromeda Galaxy instead of the Milky Way. I wonder what it will be about, since the story of Shepard and the Reapers is over.

Anyone else excited about it? I'll be playing the original trilogy as I wait for the game to come out. Though I probably would not get to playing it until the game and (if it's on PS4) the PS4 are cheaper.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:28 am

Chickpea Sarada wrote:So I recently heard of the upcoming 4th Mass Effect game.  Based on what I've heard, it sounds like this time the game will take place in the Andromeda Galaxy instead of the Milky Way.  I wonder what it will be about, since the story of Shepard and the Reapers is over.

Anyone else excited about it?  I'll be playing the original trilogy as I wait for the game to come out.  Though I probably would not get to playing it until the game and (if it's on PS4) the PS4 are cheaper.

I have confidence in Bioware to come up with a new and exciting story line. I'm also hopefull it will have certain easter eggs or references from the Shepard storyline interwoven in there, but in a way that doesn't make the new story a tie-in to the old one. All I want is the Combat and gameplay mechanics of ME3 combined with an even BIGGER galaxy to explore. I think that a "open-galaxy" game, where you can freely roam the world (like in Bethesda games "Elder Scrolls" and "Fallout") would be a pretty darn cool concept for this franchise. But even if it's just more of the same style (but a brand new story) I'll still be one happy camper. Smile

Gonna get this one for the X1 probably, as I have stopped investing in my PC for gaming purposes, for now at least.  

Fingers crossed that they will announce even a shred of more info this E3 (which is just around the corner)

Also - E3 HYPE TRAIN!!!! ALL ABOARRRRRD!!!!!

Gman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:52 am

Upon watching a video of supposedly confirmed facts about the upcoming game, I was a bit puzzled at first on why a developer had to clarify that, yes, Salarians would be in the game.  Then I realized because of how much influence Shepard has on the fate of some of the species (particularly the Krogan and Quarians), for the sake of continuity some may not be featured, at least not as prominently.  I wonder if this will mean some of the other species who played more minor roles will have more of the spotlight, or if more new species will be introduced.

One of the questions asked at (I think) Comic-Con was one I was wondering about too: will you have the option to play the game as a species other than human?  The answer was not clear, so maybe this means the main story will have the protagonist be one species and you get to choose another for multiplayer.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:51 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMSGSTRIthpsgrhauhtprq rvu2=9678340y52 phypdisg ayh Loopy Loopy Loopy Loopy Loopy Loopy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Gman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 am

So it looks like you'll be an Alliance soldier again...

Eeeeeee!! What a day!  First I see the new opening sequence for Steven Universe, and now this!

ETA: oh, so it seems that the N7 soldier in the trailer is not you...

Last edited by Chickpea Sarada on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Anyone still here?

So I've moved on to ME2. Right now I'm doing a Casual practice run on a non-imported game before I feel ready for the import on Normal difficulty. I discovered after doing Kasumi's loyalty mission that Flashbang Grenade is now a bonus power that I can choose if I start a new game. So I guess that means that each party member unlocks a bonus power after you do their loyalty mission (basically the team member's loyalty power can be your own). Do you have any favorites or suggestions on how useful they are?

Also, I know that doing the loyalty missions is important for the team's survival, but I heard that after a certain point midway in the game, you'll have to do the suicide mission ready or not. Is this true?

Also, found this and it made me giggle.

Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Ohh, I never got the DLC for ME2, so I didn't get Kasumi Sad  It's been a while since I played, but I seem to remember that doing one of the main plot-advancing quests forces you into the endgame, and it's pretty easy to just avoid doing that until you're ready (I'm afraid I don't remember what it was, but I'm sure you can find it in a walkthrough).
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Enail wrote:Ohh, I never got the DLC for ME2, so I didn't get Kasumi Sad  It's been a while since I played, but I seem to remember that doing one of the main plot-advancing quests forces you into the endgame, and it's pretty easy to just avoid doing that until you're ready (I'm afraid I don't remember what it was, but I'm sure you can find it in a walkthrough).

Kasumi is included in the PS3 version, so I didn't have to get DLC for her.  I'll probably miss out on Zaeed, though.  Upon watching some youtube videos of the Citadel DLC in ME3, I only saw versions of the party where Zaeed is there booby-trapping the apartment with Garrus.  I wonder what Garrus does if Zaeed isn't there.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraulein42 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Aughhhhh the Mako. I *hate* the Mako (I'm on my first runthrough of ME1 and am SO GLAD TO HEAR it doesn't come back)
Fraulein42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 pm

I don't recall being forced to do the suicide mission, but I did complete every side quest before moving on to main quests.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 pm

The final mission is triggered by doing a certain number of "main" (recruitment or loyalty) missions, and visiting the Derelict Collector Ship. If you have both Zaeed and Kasumi, that adds to the number of missions you've done but doesn't decrease the requirements, so the number of missions you're allowed to go on before being forced into the endgame sequence ends up being the minimum (one, which you should use to do the loyalty mission for the character you get from the Collector Ship).

Alternately, you could hold off recruiting one party member  until after the endgame sequence. You'd probably have to do this anyway if you want to finish the game with everybody alive and bring the Collector Ship character with you on Tali's mission (fun, but you could also just watch the special dialogue on YouTube).
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:11 am

Fraulein42 wrote:Aughhhhh the Mako. I *hate* the Mako (I'm on my first runthrough of ME1 and am SO GLAD TO HEAR it doesn't come back)

I know, right?! You can't use the Power Wheel button to pause and aim, the camera becomes your worst enemy when you're fighting a Thresher Maw, and if you get stuck in a nook between two cliffs or flip over, the only option is to restart!

It looks like it will be back in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Hopefully the controls will be better.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:21 am

Thanks so much, everyone, for answering my questions thus far.

I'm doing my import now.  And so far have been playing Paragade (usually nice or neutral, but when on Tuchanka, do as the Krogan do.)

On the Citadel, Khalisah al-Jilani is waiting for me.  I want to build up enough Renegade points to unlock the Intimidate dialogue and see what you say.  But until then I'm just avoiding her like

Does anyone know much Renegade you need for that?  There is a youtube video with Shepard's Intimidate answer with the Council dead, but not with them saved.  Or does it depend on how much Renegade you have in comparison to your Paragon?  In which case, I may never unlock it. Neutral
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:35 am

I'm pretty glad about getting Zaeed for my current re-play. Setting him up with Garrus and my adept Shepard equals two Concussive Shots, Overload, Inferno Grenade plus the Singularity-Arc Projector combo Shepard is carrying. Turns most missions into fairly straightforward deals. ^^

KitKat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:54 am

KitKat wrote:I'm pretty glad about getting Zaeed for my current re-play. Setting him up with Garrus and my adept Shepard equals two Concussive Shots, Overload, Inferno Grenade plus the Singularity-Arc Projector combo Shepard is carrying. Turns most missions into fairly straightforward deals. ^^

If I'm expecting big mechs, I usually take Garrus and Miranda with my adept.  Two Overloads and two Warps available mean we could breach any defenses super fast.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:27 am

Hrr...I've always felt unenthusiastic about Miranda. And Jacob too for that part. I think it's something with the way she's written "Oh I'm so cold and proffessional but talk to me once after knowing me for like 15 minutes and I'll give you my entire backstory because Shepard is so speshul." That applies to other characters as well ocassionally but her example is the most offputting one. Perhaps because of the gratuitous butt-shots. Not one of BioWare's finest moments for sure.

KitKat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:36 am

Has anyone here played the Arrival DLC for ME2 by the way? Because...

Spoiler:
From the moment Shepard meets Kenson I was going "Oh my god, Shepard you varrensandwich, there is clearly something off about that lady!" But noo Shepard, being Shepard, happily ate it all up because Reapers. On one hand I think there's a bit of clever writing there in how the Reapers have learned to manipulate Shepard by threatening with their own invasion. On the other hand it would be fun if the Mass Effect series had more missions where the game punished you for being cynical on reflex since it seems to pay off too much now. Or would if Shepard wasn't going along with everything either way.

KitKat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 am

What did you name your Shepard?

My current playthrough which has been imported into ME2 is Stella Shepard. I like alliterative names (you may have noticed that among all the past Shepards I mentioned), and it's Latin for "star," which seemed fitting for a Spacer. She's a sole survivor and adept.

If I do another playthrough after this, however, I plan to name them something embarrassing. That would explain why no one, not even their bestest best buddies, will call them by their first name. And I won't make them mock Admiral vas Qwib-Qwib unless I've already been playing as a hypocrite.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum