NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gratitude thread

+3
Werel
The Wisp
reboot
7 posters

Go down

Gratitude thread Empty Gratitude thread

Post by reboot Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:27 pm

In the spirit of the holiday:

I am grateful I live in a place where you turn on the tap and water you can safely drink comes out

I am grateful I live in a place that is politically stable and driving down the road involves no IED or military checkpoints with methed out 14 year olds and AK47s

I am grateful for my family, train wrecks that they are, especially my brother who is not a train wreck, his wife and his kids

I am grateful for my roommate whose company I never knew I needed until I had it

I am grateful for the pets because they are fuzzy and lovey

I am grateful for my friends, even when they frustrate me, because they are always there, even if they are not here

I am grateful for my health and body that does what I ask with only minor grumbles and has yet to fail me

I am grateful for being of a class and in a place that has access to the means to post this in the first place.

What are you grateful for?
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Gratitude thread Empty Re: Gratitude thread

Post by The Wisp Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 am

I am grateful that I live in a time and place where I can find support for my issues through therapy and online communities.

I am grateful my parents are well-off enough and kind enough that I'm not forced to take on a job that wouldn't mesh well with my mental health.

I am grateful for my cute cuddly dog, and that he is still remarkably healthy as he approaches late-middle-age (8 years old).

I am grateful that I have access to so much free or inexpensive information through libraries and the internet.

I am grateful that I live in time where glasses aren't highly unfashionable (my eyes haven't tolerated contacts well lately Razz)

I am grateful I live in a stable, technologically advanced, relatively very open society with liberal values.

I am grateful that all my recent health scares have been merely the product of health anxiety, or minor curable conditions.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Late to the game, but my family is doing Thanksgiving today and I'm feeling mad grateful. Grin

I am grateful to have been raised in a loving, functional, supportive family.

I am grateful for my wonderful partner and our kickass relationship.

I am grateful that I grew up around adults who were trustworthy, kind, and interesting.

I am grateful for the amazing education I've received. Super grateful that my graduate education has been at no cost to me.

I am grateful for my weird, hilarious, smart, understanding friends.

I am grateful to be a native speaker of a global language of power and access.

I am grateful that my body does pretty much all the things I need it to.

I am grateful that I have access to food and clean water in unlimited supplies.

I am grateful that I live in a safe place and have never had a loaded gun pointed at me.

I am grateful that I've had the opportunity to visit a lot of different parts of the world.

And, cheesy though it may be, I am grateful for these forums and everything I've learned from the people here. Heart
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:44 pm

First of all, I am grateful for my family, which is simply so supportive and loving and I wouldn't have made it where I am today without thier support.

I am grateful for living a comfortable life, access to basic ameneties like water, electricity, food etc. but also being able to access advanced technologies and modern entertainment of all kinds, especially video games. 

I am grateful for living in a place where there is relativley good social security and I can get therapy for a relativley cheap fee. 

I am grateful for having access to all kinds of music - it always inspires me, gives me strength and helps me keep my head up during difficult times. 

I am grateful for the internet, without it I would have never found out about the doc's blog, this forum, the good people here and thus may have never have gotten to make changes in my life that I needed to make. 

This brings me to another big one - I am so, SO grateful for discovering social dancing and having the strength to stick to it and evolve myself within it. It really managed to not only breath new energy into my life, it also literally helped change it forever more.

I am grateful for my friends, which while I may not have many of those, they are mostly positive people and I always have a good laugh with them.
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:13 am

It's not Thanksgiving here, but I will give this a try anyway.

I'm grateful for living in a safe place, with access to food, water, electricity and all that. For the internet and public transit nearby and my apartment and public libraries.

I'm grateful for my family, for their support and their love and for the generally healthy upbringing they gave me.

I'm grateful for my wife and our relationship.

I'm grateful for my friends, as crazy as some of them are driving me lately.

I'm grateful for my mind, being able to think and learn and imagine, and for all the opportunities I've had to be exposed to new ideas and other ways of thinking.

I'm grateful for the health I do have, including mental health, and for the resources I have to deal with the health I lack. I'm especially grateful for having basic healthcare, and for having had a health plan for longer than I expected.

I'm grateful for the general amazingness of the world, the diversity and beauty of nature and culture and the immensity and detail of the universe. It's just kind of cool, to be a living thing in all this.

And yeah, I'm grateful for this little corner of the internet. Thanks, y'all.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:09 pm

I am grateful to Euler, Turing, Lovelace, Babbage, Jennings, Hopper, and literally thousands of other philosophers and scientists to whom I owe my current livelihood (and entertainment!).

I am grateful to my parents, of course, for the work they did in raising me and their continued eagerness to have me in their lives.

I am grateful to my sister for continuing to be one of my best friends.

I am grateful to the rest of my friends for, basically, their continued friendship: in their individual ways, for everything, good and bad, give and take, that we bring into each other's lives.

I am grateful to my teachers and professors for helping me grow academically and as a person, the great majority having done so in positive ways.

I am grateful to all the cats I've known, and most of the dogs and other animals, for their calming presence and boundless affection.

I am grateful to the many people responsible for the relative order and infrastructure I've had throughout my life.

I am grateful to the people who occasionally remind me, as I frequently forget, to appreciate the good in my life instead of taking it for granted.

Of course, I am also grateful to all y'all who built these forums, and the members who populate it, for the wisdom and insight you share, and for the thoughtfulness and patience you show as you do.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hae Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:17 pm

I am grateful for my cute pet fish that has survived through fish tank mistakes.

I am grateful for the many types of mom's homemade cooking i've been able to taste.

I am grateful for the luxury of relaxing and leaving work for another day.

I am grateful for the bits of entertainment found everywhere (besides phone games and internet).

I am grateful for my comfortable home with my unbelievably great partner.

I am grateful for my parents for always caring about me.

I am grateful for my friends who have stuck by me throughout the years.

I am grateful for being able to come up with a large list in a few minutes.

Hae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum