So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis

Go down

So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis Empty So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis

Post by Herr R on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

So I basically decided to go on an adventure last night and drove nearly 500 miles round trip, just to meet some people from a FB group I belong to. Including the girl that is/was interested in hooking up with me.

The Good: I went in with no expectations whatsoever beyond meeting these people and having a drink or two. Oh yeah. I can finally say that I made an impulsive all night road trip.

The Awkward: Since the group was there and have already known each other for several hours before I got there, it felt awkward coming up to them and introducing myself to them. Afterwards, I felt kinda more awkward trying to get myself into conversations with them. I basically felt like a third wheel basically.

The "I-should-of-have-felt-bad-but-didn't-yet-it-will-come-back-to-haunt-me": I wanted to talk with the aforementioned girl. But lately, thanks in part to my being a total derp, I've been feeling like I've been coming across like an idiot to her. So basically I was trying to enter into a conversation with her and this other guy who wasn't part of the group per se, but was a friend of the host of the meet-up. I could only get a few words in and I felt like I was acting like an idiot because they were basically arranging a hook-up later on. Strangely enough it didn't bother me that she was hooking up. In part because I didn't go with any expectations in doing so and also because I am aware of her sex positive attitude. But still, I worry that I somehow may have ruined any chances of getting to know her better in person and who knows what else, even though as of yet I still haven't been blocked from her friends list (however I suspect that she may have erased the post I made on her timeline where I said that I already wished her a happy birthday in person and that I hoped to get to know her more in person soon). All I know is that Mr. Walker (that's what I call my depressive brain) will certainly find a way to bring me down over this.

So did I do anything wrong here? How did I handle it? Do I need to give more details? Do I still have a chance at hooking up, despite months of frustrated plans to do so on both ends and my acting awkward and intruding on a hook-up in progress?

Herr R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis Empty Re: So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis

Post by Enail on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Sounds pretty good, really. The 'no expectations' thing especially, sounds tough to pull off but probably made things more enjoyable and less uncomfortable all round.  Beyond that, I don't think there's much way to know how things are going with your maybe-hookup-friend other than seeing how things are when you're next in touch with her. Try not to stress too much about the awkwardness!
Enail
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis Empty Re: So I did something crazy and went out last night: An Open Analysis

Post by Herr R on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 am

Well to be honest, the reason why I was able to go there not expecting anything to happen was for practical reasons, as I had to go to work the next day, so I couldn't stay long. I don't want to imagine if I would of have reacted differently if the situation was different, however. I guess what irks me about the situation was how indifferent she seemed to my presence there. She knew that I was coming and that I was going to arrive late. But as I was only an hour away, the organizer of the meet-up texted me, asking me how long before I got there as she was already talking about going home. But it wasn't just her. It seemed like everybody seemed indifferent to my presence there. I dunno.

I have to warn you guys though that I'm writing this whilst stoned so my current interpretation of the events may be slightly altered at the moment.

Herr R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum