NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entertainment Joys

+42
Sahrimnir
DoubtfulGuest
Enail
Glides
litterature
Kiskadee
bomaye
Xexyz
kath
Chickpea Sarada
Aggrax
KitKat
choys
Hirundo Bos
Robjection
Andrew Corvero
Dan_Brodribb
Aalo
CP96
InkAndComb
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
reboot
Jayce
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
Caffeinated
celette482
caliseivy
Conreezy
waxingjaney
PKB
nearly_takuan
eselle28
Gman
The Wisp
Archetype694
SarahGryph
Lemminkainen
Mel
WJMorris3
UristMcBunny
46 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 2 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by waxingjaney Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Screwed up Dracula comics
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:46 pm

My first experience with what female-attracted gamers must experience all the time: being tricked into trusting an NPC for no reason other than they're incredibly attractive (i.e. the femme fatale effect).
Walking Dead 2 Spoilers:
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by PKB Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Oh man, Flying Lotus.  I picked up his album Los Angeles a while back.  It goes from this, to this, to this, to this. So wonderful.
PKB
PKB

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:11 am

Draenor's the best World of Warcraft expansion I've played in a very long time. The storytelling is probably the best I've seen WoW do at blending its legitimately good lore into something that players will see and pay attention to and be moved by but not be irritated by. Finally the game has made characters feel like they're important, which feels a lot more meaningful after years of being a foot soldier than it does in games where that's the status quo. The garrisons make my little crafter's heart happy, but my friends who don't normally like to craft find them engaging too. And the plot idea is a good one - one of the few times that time travel is effective, in part, because most of us have played the future version of this world so many times that we curse at it, and seeing it done in a new way is refreshing.

Minuses: queue times, spawn times, camping, the nasty suspicion that Blizzard allows some of this to occur to create an aura of demand for its new product.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:22 am

Just finished Halo: CE campaign on Halo: Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One. I am trying to do all 4 halo campaigns in one fell swoop before going online (though I might make an exception soon). Halo: CE is a great game, though it's old school game design is showing - with things like cryptic pathways, repetitive buildings/room desgins, lots of backtracking (some levels were half of it going to objective, half of it going back to start point), some tedious shooting (especially the level "The Library", spent almost 30 mins there just blasting endless waves of zombie like creatures.... got really sick and tired of them by the end of the game). The story is as bare as it gets by today's standard - although I heard that halo 2 was given a serious remake treatment including fully redone cutscenes in modern CG techniques. So looking forward to that :-)
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:25 pm

Halo 2 looks great. I might pick it up pretty soon, though I won't really be able to play until school ends in December.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:30 am

I thought that Big Hero 6 was great-- particularly because it's the first Disney movie to actually thematize grief and deal with it in a serious way.

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:13 am

eselle28 wrote:Draenor's the best World of Warcraft expansion I've played in a very long time. The storytelling is probably the best I've seen WoW do at blending its legitimately good lore into something that players will see and pay attention to and be moved by but not be irritated by. Finally the game has made characters feel like they're important, which feels a lot more meaningful after years of being a foot soldier than it does in games where that's the status quo. The garrisons make my little crafter's heart happy, but my friends who don't normally like to craft find them engaging too. And the plot idea is a good one - one of the few times that time travel is effective, in part, because most of us have played the future version of this world so many times that we curse at it, and seeing it done in a new way is refreshing.

Seconding this. I haven't had a chance to play much yet, but I got my garrison started up and I've been really enjoying the follower missions. They take very little energy and effort, yet are still quite engaging. And I can just log in for a minute, set them up, log out and go about my day, then come back and I've got rewards! I'm looking forward to recruiting more followers to play around with.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Wow. Dragon Age Inquisition. Just wow.

(On the rantier side, why did it have to come out a week after Warlords of Draenor? Too many games!)
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Currently, my entire goal in life is to make Varric like me. I can be your new best friend, Varric! Just give me a chance!!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Varric and I are getting along swimmingly! It's nice that at least someone in this party thinks its nuts that everyone's decided a non-religious mage is The Chosen One (*cough* Cassandra *cough*).
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:36 am

Simple Minds' new album Big Music is exactly what I wanted: a modern take on New Wave.

Hopefully Pink Floyd's The Endless River is up to snuff when I listen to it on the way home from work today.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:22 pm

The next DLC is available for Hyrule Warriors today. Can't wait to get home and see the new goodies.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:58 am

Rayman: Origins, so adorable and so well designed!
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:16 am

The Wisp wrote:Rayman: Origins, so adorable and so well designed!

Does it play/feel much like the original for the first Playstation? I loved that game.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brought the child in me out screaming like a crazed hyena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Archetype694 Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 pm

eselle28 wrote:Wow. Dragon Age Inquisition. Just wow.

Game of the Year 2014

It's been a while since I bothered to pay full price for a game at launch, I tend to wait for a steam sale or other discounts. After getting burned by Titanfall I had been wary.

I love this game, kudos to Bioware for making such well rounded, interesting companions. So many feels.

Back to top Go down

Post by celette482 Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:05 pm

I have been playing the lego video games since thanksgiving and I have no shame in that at all. There is something incredibly satisfying about smashing everything into wee lego bits and not really dying ever.
celette482
celette482

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Yeah, Lego X can be fun, but some of the "gameplay" can be way the hell unintuitive for me.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

caliseivy wrote:

Does it play/feel much like the original for the first Playstation? I loved that game.

Missed this.

I've never played another Rayman game before (besides the Raving Rabids Spin-off), but it is similarly a 2d platformer and is one of the better reviewed 2d platformers in recent years.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Baaahahaha, the pilot of Black Mirror is the best television I've seen all year. And the rest of the first season is also very good. Hallelujah for good new sci fi. Shiny/thrilled
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

The Wisp wrote:
caliseivy wrote:

Missed this.

I've never played another Rayman game before (besides the Raving Rabids Spin-off), but it is similarly a 2d platformer and is one of the better reviewed 2d platformers in recent years.

Quick note on this - Get "Rayman: Legends" instead of Origins, because Legends has almost ALL of the levels from Origins within it as well, just kind of "remixed" for the sequel (but still very similar to the original). So It's practically getting 2 games for the price of 1. Best 2D platformer I have played in ages (except for the mario games, which are almost always a pillar of platforming games in general).

Also, just learned that "House of Cards" is coming back for another season on the 17th of this February.......... HECK YEAH! My local cable company purchases the series from Netflix directly and previous seasons came shortly after release in the U.S. straight to the V.O.D service, all the episodes just like in netflix available from the go, at no extra cost! This season should get the same treatment, so I'm getting ready to binge watch this season in a week or 2

(I love me some kevin spacey, seriously waiting for the price to drop enough on "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" just to get the story with him)

Entertainment Joys - Page 2 Tumblr_n4ysbgkSfp1sky7ayo1_500
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Gman wrote:
Quick note on this - Get "Rayman: Legends" instead of Origins, because Legends has almost ALL of the levels from Origins within it as well, just kind of "remixed" for the sequel (but still very similar to the original). So It's practically getting 2 games for the price of 1. Best 2D platformer I have played in ages (except for the mario games, which are almost always a pillar of platforming games in general).

I didn't know that. I bought Origins in the Steam fall sale because it was cheaper than Legends. It sounds like Legends is like Origins but better (plus "remixed" Origins levels)?

As an aside, Origins was probably the hardest 2d platfomer I've played in a while, particularly the latter stages and bosses (the chase sequences, so hard yet so awesome when you finish them Loopy ).
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:13 am

The Wisp wrote:
Gman wrote:

I didn't know that. I bought Origins in the Steam fall sale because it was cheaper than Legends. It sounds like Legends is like Origins but better (plus "remixed" Origins levels)?

As an aside, Origins was probably the hardest 2d platfomer I've played in a while, particularly the latter stages and bosses (the chase sequences, so hard yet so awesome when you finish them Loopy ).

Yeah, Legends is pretty much just even more awesomeness of Rayman platforming. I really loved the soundtrack of both of these games, too. Oh and by "chase sequences" do you mean the ones where you chase the treasure chest throughout a level?
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Another great webcomic: Oh Joy Sex Toy. http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/ Tons of great information about sex and sexuality, with an inclusive viewpoint (never seen someone of your size/age/race/disability/etc depicted in a sexual context? Here's somewhere you may.)
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum