NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entertainment Joys

+42
Sahrimnir
DoubtfulGuest
Enail
Glides
litterature
Kiskadee
bomaye
Xexyz
kath
Chickpea Sarada
Aggrax
KitKat
choys
Hirundo Bos
Robjection
Andrew Corvero
Dan_Brodribb
Aalo
CP96
InkAndComb
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
reboot
Jayce
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
Caffeinated
celette482
caliseivy
Conreezy
waxingjaney
PKB
nearly_takuan
eselle28
Gman
The Wisp
Archetype694
SarahGryph
Lemminkainen
Mel
WJMorris3
UristMcBunny
46 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 12 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunwRD-3Ox0

Nakamura debuted at WWE's minor league show last night. The fans were chanting "Holy shit" before the match even started. Was a match of the year type, at one point the fans were chanting "Fight forever" because good god, no one wanted it to stop Shiny/thrilled
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:05 pm

X Company's season finale was excellent, they've done such a great job developing their antagonist, and next season promises to be so twisty and tense.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:08 am

lol:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Watching Tyrion and Varys talk to each other always makes me snuke. Absolutely love the dialogue between them two.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:51 am

It's pretty cool how the Russo bros. managed to make really good movies around a relatively unglamorous Marvel hero. Might actually watch Civil War a second time.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 am

Who'd have thought something as PVP-oriented (with a cash shop, and a sort of annoying one at that!) as Black Desert would be the MMO I kind of see myself playing permanently.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:46 am

I finally got to accomplish one of my lifelong dreams, and meet Tommy Wiseau last night.

He directed The Room, and also wrote the screenplay, produced it and was the lead actor in it.

He can also barely speak English, let alone at all.

It's one of my absolute favorite films, and he flirted mercilessly with my friend's girlfriend ("Nice long legs on nice long girl"), and when asked to draw a smiley face on my friend's script he'd brought, drew a man with a dick for a nose and see "see he's smoking hahahahahahahaha"

For the autograph, he wrote "Love is blind."

Last night was one of the best of my life.

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:30 pm

The Tyrant is the bomb
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun May 15, 2016 11:08 pm

Person of Interest's one of those shows I only half-watched because my wife was watching, but I'm actually super-excited Shaw's back!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Gah, now I'm scared of the next week's GoT episode.

KitKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon May 23, 2016 9:57 pm

edit: whoops forgot that we have a books thread, moved this post there
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed May 25, 2016 7:19 am

Good god, the final scene of the finale of Season 2 of the Flash

Spoiler:

This is how you get people to sit up and salivate for a new season, holy shit x_x
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Bob Ross is on Netflix. yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:30 pm

So, I saw the Warcraft movie and guested on my friends podcast along side him and his wife. Warning, I am a giant Warcraft nerd throughout this podcast. Also there are Warcraft memes.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:42 pm

I know about 0.0003% of the things there are to know about Warcraft, and I am definitely not gonna see that movie, but I'm listening to it anyway to bump up your play count. Wink
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:24 am

Werel wrote:I know about 0.0003% of the things there are to know about Warcraft, and I am definitely not gonna see that movie, but I'm listening to it anyway to bump up your play count. Wink

Thanks. I appreciate it. If there is anyone that *does* want to see the movie, I should probably warn that there are spoilers in the podcast, so listen at your own risk.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:22 am

The Warcraft movie had some really good parts about it, I don't know if this was intentional but one of the scenes with orcs building stuff at night reminded me of the orcs in lord of the rings, but in this movie we actually get to know the orcs, they are represented more as prideful warriors than mindless servants of the evil. I'm so glad there were some actual consequences of conflict in this film cause I went into it thinking that they'll probably just have Lothar fight the big battle, win against the orcs, the end.

It's not a perfect movie, my problems were that the final act of the film felt much weaker than the rest, Lothar fighting Blackhand felt unrealistic, and was too short. I didn't like Medivh's acting, he didn't convince me that he was actually an all powerful guardian.

But Lothar, Garona and Durotan were great and they make the movie enjoyable, the computerised graphics looked really beautiful and the appearances of the different races is reasonably faithful to the Warcraft game universe.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 am

Just finished watching the e3 conference and man, they're gonna release remastered versions of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy for the PS4.

Entertainment Joys - Page 12 Yw8dp

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:54 am

While I've always been the kind of person that (only somewhat jokingly in recent years) declared E3 began and ended with the Nintendo show, whatever form it may take, I did enjoy the various trailers Sony put out, particularly Horizon Zero Dawn and God of SkyrimWar.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 am

Aggrax wrote:While I've always been the kind of person that (only somewhat jokingly in recent years) declared E3 began and ended with the Nintendo show, whatever form it may take, I did enjoy the various trailers Sony put out, particularly Horizon Zero Dawn and God of SkyrimWar.
While I've never played the previous GoW games, this new one seems like quite the drastic departure from the old gameplay mechanics. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Thank goodness The Last Guardian is coming out this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 am

Just received my copy of Bloodborne's Official Artworks some days ago Shiny/thrilled. It came all the way from Japan!

Also, Lyanna Mormont is pretty BAMF.

Game of Thrones Season 6, episode 9 spoilers.:

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:43 am

Wanna hear something fucking cringe-bad nerdy?

I teared up a little twice during yesterday's WWE PPV.

First because AJ Styles vs John Cena was a 15-year dream match that looked like it was never going to happen. AJ was always the best guy everywhere else, but things always got in the way (Vince McMahon's muscle fetish and AJ is a small guy, and then the last few years when they got over it, AJ made too much money elsewhere and they get a little gunshy about giving outsiders big money) but god dammit it finally happened. And the creative team did get cold feet and had a lame finish, but god dammit, it happened ;_;

And then the second time was at the end when Dean Ambrose finally won the World Title. Dean was the guy who management (as in legitimate backstage management, not just the bad-guy authority figures on screen) didn't choose but the fans did, so he was kind the guy who would lose to set up the bigger match for the guys that management chose, and they'd always fake that he was going to win the title but snatch it from him to somewhat sabotage him. But god dammit, he finally fucking won it without any dumb storyline or backstage management shit getting in the way ;_;

Game of Thrones

Spoiler:
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:31 pm

bomaye wrote:Wanna hear something fucking cringe-bad nerdy?

I teared up a little twice during yesterday's WWE PPV.
rofl Beautiful.

Nathan for You Season 3 finale: holy god in heaven. Crying with laughter, cringing all the way into the couch cushions, giving off little puffs of brimstone at how Nathan has gone straight chaotic evil this season after his RL divorce. And yet also one of the most poignant things I've seen on tv recently, especially for a reality comedy show based on giving small business owners bad advice.

(Also oh god Corey Heart "stay away from Corey," said my boyfriend the second he appeared on screen)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Dan Clowes' new graphic novel Patience was great, and probably his most screen-ready story yet. I am ready to see this movie. Also, despite classic Clowes poignancy and emotional impact, maybe his funniest book since he started doing Serious Graphic Novels; reminds me of the Eightball days.

(For anybody who enjoyed Erased, I'd seriously recommend checking this out-- it's roughly the same premise, but executed in a different way, and with a way less oppressively sad tone. Razz)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Started watching True Detective (I know I'm late, shaddap)...

Entertainment Joys - Page 12 Hqdefault

Sofa king good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum