Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye on Sat May 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Amazon saved The Expanse Shiny/thrilled
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat May 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Lucha Libre is pretty cool (watch the fuck out if you're sitting in the front row)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Is that La Parka?
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 pm

So, it turns out I like psytrance slowed down to 2/3 speed.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 pm

waxingjaney wrote:Is that La Parka?

Yeah

(Or original La Parka, anyways. He's known as LA Park now because of trademark battles)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

This is a song about Master Cat Viper. Please memorize it.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Sorry, too busy getting sucked into Miraculous Ladybug.

Snarkily accurate summation:
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Finally getting around to finishing off Naruto Shippuden after leaving it for so many years (and somehow avoiding spoilers).

I have approximately 65 non-filler episodes to go to complete the manga (it's hard to fucking tell because it's strangely difficult to find a filler list that gets it completely right), and like another 20ish for Light Novel Adaptations and two movies for the rest of the Shippuden era canon... and then Boruto if I end up liking that Lurking/sketchy

But watching Shippuden again reminded me how much I loved how unapologetically Japanese-y Naruto is/was. Giant mythological beasts, nerdy hand-movements, scrolls, sealing tags, flower kimonos, Japanese pro wrestlers (I legit laughed until I cried when I first saw Killer Bee).

Dragon Ball Z Kai came out around 2012ish and created a close adaptation to the manga, removing most of the filler and extension filler and roughly cutting the series down to about 1/2 of the size. What's also cool is that a very nerdy fan re-edited a Naruto Kai version together too. They removed all the intros and outros (Boooo), filler arcs (yayyyy, Shippuden is legitimately almost 50% filler episodes), extension filler (Naruto especially fills time using flashbacks) and then cut everything together by volume. Apparently some of the "episodes" can be up to an hour and a half long, so it's still pretty lengthy, but it cuts down Naruto and Shippuden down from aproximately 720 episodes to under the length of 300ish full episodes.

I bring it up because I do plan on watching Shippuden again down the line (I've watched/read through the original Part 1 of Naruto probably a combined 4 or 5 times so it's not super-necessary), but I may just try out this Naruto Kai business whenever I do that (probably years from now)
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:35 pm

>tfw Naruto's actually wrecking your shit again

Feels like high school again Sobbing
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 pm

>that feel when when the original Big Three anime watch project I decided to do years ago is "done"

Asterisks to it of course

- I didn't watch the last canon arc of Bleach, but that was like 20 episodes and then anime got cancelled. I want to rewatch Bleach and then finish the manga one day but it was far and away the lesser of the Big Three for me. It's not "done" but I basically already saw the climax of the major storyline that built Bleach into a big-name thing.
- One Piece is still week-to-week so it's not "done" but it's also not built-up
- I've finished all the Naruto manga canon, but Naruto canon gets a bit like Dragon Ball Super afterwards. Some light novels were adapted during the Shippuden anime that the original writer liked so much that he more or less called them canon, he worked on a movie that followed afterwards, and Boruto is overseen by him but not written specifically by him. So it's all official and I'm going to watch most of it (Boruto's still ongoing, it's about another 80 episodes and a movie of things, not gonna watch the Boruto movie because the anime is adapting it) but for all intents and purposes I've finished the original story

That's gotta be in the 1200-1300 episode range Uh-oh
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 am

Guys, Kenny and Cody finally made up, The Bullet Club is fin-

FUCK, THE BULLET CLUB TONGANS JUST TRIED TO KILL EVERYBODY, BULLET CLUB IS NOT FINE, BULLET CLUB IS NOT. FINE.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum