Entertainment Joys

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 am

Guess I was wrong about rap in general, I fell down a diss-track rabbit and shit's so fun, similar to pro wrestling rofl
bomaye
bomaye

Posts : 2334
Reputation : 874
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Werel on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm

bomaye wrote:Guess I was wrong about rap in general, I fell down a diss-track rabbit and shit's so fun, similar to pro wrestling rofl

YESSSS Boxing

Entertainment joy for all y'all Canadian pokemon masters (original thread):

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Il_1140xN.1543506896_jkel
Werel
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

Posts : 1952
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2014-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 pm

>No Degrassi type Pokemon
bomaye
bomaye

Posts : 2334
Reputation : 874
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Datelessman on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 am

"CAPTAIN MARVEL" was a great film, and so undeserving of all the hate it is getting online by a small but vocal group of MRA trolls. Frankly, if DNL wanted to skip his current schedule and do an article calling them out, it'd be deserved. It's a great flick.
Datelessman
Datelessman

Posts : 129
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2017-06-29

View user profile https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by KMR on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm

I enjoyed Captain Marvel as well. I felt like a good deal of it was pretty bog standard and formulaic as far as Marvel superhero origin movies go, but the standard of quality for your generic Marvel film is pretty solid, so that's not really a strike against it.

I'm no longer surprised by all the hatred coming out of the MRA sphere about movies like this and I pretty much ignore it. But I am getting sick of this perception that seems to be held by a larger segment of male nerds that a female-led movie like this, particularly one that comes out within the context of a genre or franchise that has been traditionally male-dominated, is created with the primary purpose of appealing to women/feminists... with the added sentiments or implications that A) this is somehow a bad thing in general and B) that this somehow takes away from that movie's appeal to its "intended/target/primary audience" (i.e. men).
KMR
KMR

Posts : 225
Reputation : 206
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Datelessman on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 pm

KMR wrote:I enjoyed Captain Marvel as well. I felt like a good deal of it was pretty bog standard and formulaic as far as Marvel superhero origin movies go, but the standard of quality for your generic Marvel film is pretty solid, so that's not really a strike against it.

I'm no longer surprised by all the hatred coming out of the MRA sphere about movies like this and I pretty much ignore it. But I am getting sick of this perception that seems to be held by a larger segment of male nerds that a female-led movie like this, particularly one that comes out within the context of a genre or franchise that has been traditionally male-dominated, is created with the primary purpose of appealing to women/feminists... with the added sentiments or implications that A) this is somehow a bad thing in general and B) that this somehow takes away from that movie's appeal to its "intended/target/primary audience" (i.e. men).

As a white, straight, American-born man in his mid-to-late 30's, I can solidly say I am a part of that supposed "intended" demographic and I loved it. But then again, I can relate to, and often seek out, stories and adventures featuring other characters (or real life people) who are not fellow straight, white men.

Having had to argue with, and then ban, an MRA troll on my feed over this movie, it's like DNL says. The haters talk a big game about "men's rights" but in the end they're just enforcing all the negative stereotypes and limitations of what men "should" be. They also all, or mostly, are just venting their own personal baggage and/or agenda against women and twisting it into a philosophy as justification.

Without offering spoilers, I was fascinated and pleasantly surprised with a lot of the choices in terms of Danvers' origin adaptation (and changing what didn't work these days, especially with hindsight) along with a more nuanced look at an "alien invasion."
Datelessman
Datelessman

Posts : 129
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2017-06-29

View user profile https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Hielario on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Good lord the start of The Last Wind Monk is NUTS. It deconstructed the ending of the last game perfectly and dressing Peck as a fat dart to win the contest nearly killed me .
(Mayyybe don't play it if you had an abusive father, though).
Hielario
Hielario

Posts : 129
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2018-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Enail on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:01 pm

I watched an episode of the Orville that had a song from The Last Unicorn, and suddenly got completely flooded by a wave of intense melancholy from something that first moved me when I was four years old.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Posts : 4002
Reputation : 2222
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Datelessman on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Enail wrote:I watched an episode of the Orville that had a song from The Last Unicorn, and suddenly got completely flooded by a wave of intense melancholy from something that first moved me when I was four years old.

Yeah, I only saw that flick once in maybe first or second grade, but the "where have you been" scene still gets to me. pale
Datelessman
Datelessman

Posts : 129
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2017-06-29

View user profile https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm



This is Bray Wyatt in 2013. A New Orleans Doomsday Cult Leader (but WWE is a PG show so they never outright say the word "cult") who was told by the now deceased Nun who raised him, Sister Abigail, that he was special and he had all the answers.

Eventually he turned into a bit of a supernatural type dude, his cult left him, his compound got burned down, and he disappeared off TV for a long stretch of months.



He finally re-debuted last week

Reportedly WWE's sponsors might've asked them to stop doing these segments after the first one because what the fuck, man?
bomaye
bomaye

Posts : 2334
Reputation : 874
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by waxingjaney on Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm

This is '80s as hell, and has some damn nice animation in a few spots:




***

Bray seems like he's channeling some Brian Pillman batshit zaniness there.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Posts : 488
Reputation : 285
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye on Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

waxingjaney wrote:This is '80s as hell, and has some damn nice animation in a few spots:



Classic Do You Remember Love/Flashback 2012 Minmay hits my spot (Pretty sure that video is from Flashback 2012 but the good-animation is from DYRL)

I'm actually simulwatching SDF Macross (Japanese/not Robotech) with someone right now. I continually worry that I'm boring them because the real meat of the story doesn't start until Episode 10, but they seem okay with waiting it out to see what happens.
bomaye
bomaye

Posts : 2334
Reputation : 874
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum