Getting tested for STD despite the V-card

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting tested for STD despite the V-card

Post by Herr R on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 am

While everyday that passes by just adds to my self-doubt about whether I'll ever have sex at all, never let it be said that I at least believe in safe sex.

Anyway, despite my dismal luck on Tinder and Craigslist being basically a huge fucking scam, I've noticed that some of the more legit prospects ask for DDF people. I know what that means. Obviously I know I'm disease free because I've never been in a situation where I could get an STD. But any potential partners don't know that and would want proof.

So I guess that in the off chance that someone is either desperate enough to have sex with me, then I guess I have no choice but to get tested.

However from my research on getting tested, from what I gather, it's basically the health car worker asking you a bunch of questions at first and if you answer no to most of them, they give you a clean bill of health and let you go. From what I understand, they might not even test you.

So besides my fear of admitting that I've never done the deed before to a doctor and that I want to get tested, despite not knowing if I ever will, I guess I'm also anxious about the possibility of some stranger fondling my junk and sticking things in it. Oh yeah, it's also reasonable to say that if you might never have sex at all, then why even bother getting tested and getting tested is just going to unnecessarily get your hopes up.

But I guess my biggest question is if they'll ever test me at all?

Herr R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting tested for STD despite the V-card

Post by trooper6 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:46 am

Why do you need to get tested exactly?

I've had random sex with random people on Craigslist who want DDF people...and they just ask, are you DDF? And then I say yes. Now, I actually have been tested. But nobody asks for paperwork.

On the other hand, I've also asked for a full compliment of STD tests even when I knew quite well I hadn't done anything that would have put me at risk for STDs since the last time I took a test...and I got them because I insisted.

Now about doctors fondling you...you should be getting annual checkups anyway...which does involve some fondling to check for cancers. You do get yearly check ups, right?

trooper6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:53 am

Nope. I never go to a doctors office unless I absolutely have to.

Herr R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trooper6 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:23 am

Do you have health insurance? If you do, you really should try to do maintenance on your body at least as well as you would do it on your car or your bicycle. Checking your blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and all of that business. Your hearing, your eyesight your teeth.

It is your body, be nice to it.

And note, I'm saying as a transman, where going to the doctor can be a really, really uncomfortable experience if I don't really, really trust my healthcare provider and spent the entire year I was working as a Visiting Professor in the South just hoping I wouldn't get sick...because I did not feel as if I would be safe going to the doctors there.

It is good to cultivate a loving relationship with your body...especially if you want other people to be loving on it.

trooper6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Last time I've ever stepped foot into a doctors office was my last check-up as a teenager with my pediatrician over 15 years ago. After that, the only times I've ever seen a doctor was most likely in the emergency room and it was because I was pretty much forced to or it was an injury. Otherwise, if I get a cold or something, I just take some OTC cold and flu pills and late it run it's course. No use wasting a doctors time with a cold.

Herr R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celette482 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:08 pm

If you have health insurance, a doctor's visit is a good idea no matter what.

For us lady-types with the V-card, they still check us for HPV, which is a sexually transmitted disease. So....
celette482

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenestar on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:39 pm

If it helps, I got tested for STDs before the first time I had sex, just in case. The doctor was respectful and in fact said she thought I was extremely responsible - after all, there are non-sexual ways to get many STDs.

I would also suggest you go see a doctor even if you decide not to get tested for STDs. But honestly, why not do both if you have insurance?
kleenestar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:24 pm

I didn't get tested for STDs prior to having sex, but I was tested for them once when I hadn't had sex in a couple of years or since my last test. It wasn't a problem. I've found it most common for the question to be phrased as, "Are you sexually active?" rather than something like, "Have you ever had sex?" I've also found that, "Not at the moment, but I might be in the near future, and my partner has asked me to be tested," to be a response that wasn't challenged.

On a, uh, practical level, DDF is at this point something people throw randomly into ads more than something people actually check up on. I've met people who've made that request who themselves use illegal drugs, so I suspect that a lot of people who toss it in don't even think much about it or what it means, let alone ask for test results. That being said, it's a good idea to the doctor now and then if you can afford medical care, especially if you're thinking about becoming sexually active.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:59 pm

eselle28 wrote:I've found it most common for the question to be phrased as, "Are you sexually active?"

Likewise, and because it didn't initially occur to me that they were asking about STI testing, I initially didn't get tested even though I did want to find out if I might be, say, a carrier for something congenital since I had no idea what my parents' test results were—if they even had them.
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trooper6 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Herr R, I'm going to put this RuPaul quote here: "If you don't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love anybody else?"

This also relates to your body. I'd encourage you to start to develop a relationship with your body, and take care of it...by going to the doctor for one. But give yourself some love.

trooper6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum