NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominatrix Margaret Corvid in the New Statesman: If we liberate men’s sexuality, the war against women can end

+13
Enail
reboot
LadyLuck
eselle28
Mel
fakely mctest
azazel
The Wisp
Conreezy
Gentleman Johnny
nearly_takuan
reboundstudent
SomeSamSeaborn
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dominatrix Margaret Corvid in the New Statesman: If we liberate men’s sexuality, the war against women can end - Page 4 Empty Re: Dominatrix Margaret Corvid in the New Statesman: If we liberate men’s sexuality, the war against women can end

Post by Enail Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:34 pm

SomeSamSeaborn wrote:
Enail wrote:But that is what that message is saying - it's irrelevant whether or not you believe it (and I do believe you don't), you saying "women who don't want to give men sexual pleasure are denying them what's rightfully theirs" would be a good message for men who don't feel their sexuality is valued to hear, is saying that you think they should hear the message that lesbians (and asexual women and women who choose to be celibate for reasons of their own and women who aren't feeling it right now...) are denying men things that are rightfully theirs.

Again, please consider the context of me saying "I whish I'd heard that message when I grew up". The main point there is *I*, not everyone. Also, I already said, by all means, let's find better words to convey to guys like my teen self that we are sexually worthy, to get rid of the self-denying limiting beliefs, without making that harder for others, like the specific wording and general entitlement you're objecting to.

If you look back before this tangent, you'll notice that we were discussing our broader concerns with the overall conclusions of the article, and that they go beyond either the specific wording or entitlement. I only narrowed down to that specific wording in an attempt to get you to understand more clearly why I found your comment shockingly oblivious to the other people in this conversation. And 'entitlement' is not a word I would use, as I find it too nebulous and over-broadly used to be useful here, and I don't think anyone but you did in fact use it.

I would appreciate it if you'd pay a little more attention to the aspects of the discussion that don't revolve entirely around your particular focus within it (conveying to guys very similar to young you that they are sexually worthy), and avoid trying to narrow the focus to match your own and simplify other peoples' reactions to fit better within your particular narrative. It makes it rather difficult for those of us who want to discuss different aspects when you make such inflammatory interjections into it in such an offhand manner, apparently without having noticed much of the broader discussion - or that not all of it considers "making guys like your teen self feel sexually worthy," the most important aspect of it.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum