NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Directory of specialty dating sites?

2 posters

Go down

Directory of specialty dating sites? Empty Directory of specialty dating sites?

Post by Solvi Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 am

Hey, folks. Solvi here, from the old forums. Things have been going better since my meltdown over the summer, and I'm open to testing out the online-dating waters, so to speak.

My problem, so far, is this: I've got an okcupid account, I've been running some searches, and there's literally nobody near me, in my age range (±6 years), who lists anime or manga as interests on their profile. Frankly, that's a bit of a deal-breaker for me, since I'm deep enough down the otaku rabbit hole that I kind of suspect that only another otaku would be willing to tolerate some of the more eccentric aspects of my engagement with media. But even if I found a non-otaku who was willing to tolerate that stuff, I'd still be stuck in the usual rut of explaining everything super-carefully. I do enough of that with my work colleagues; what I want more than anything else is someone with whom I can talk shop, in person.

I realize that, being as I'm a grad student in a small college town, this may be a quixotic quest until I hit candidacy in my program and become free to move somewhere else (like a major metropolitan area) while I write the dissertation. But still, I'm curious: does anyone know of any directory of specialty-dating sites, particularly those dealing with anime and manga fandom?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Solvi

Back to top Go down

Directory of specialty dating sites? Empty Re: Directory of specialty dating sites?

Post by Jayce Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 am

Well I watch barely any anime but I do list Naruto and One Piece in my favourite tv shows section in my Okcupid profile, and I've noticed people who write the anime/manga titles they are into rather than listing the words anime/manga in their profiles. Maybe you could try a keyword search for some of anime/manga titles on Okcupid?

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum