Video Games General

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Video Games General

Post by bomaye on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 am

I platinum'ed Ratchet and Clank 1 HD for the PS3. Really fun game. Smooth for a platformer that was only a console generation after the clunky N64 platformers I grew up on. I loved destroying things and then having a the bolts (in-game money) fly at you to collect them. Looking forward to playing more of them Nod
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video Games General

Post by bomaye on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Just beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Nintendo Switch after 192ish hours Lurking/sketchy

Nothing matched the first 1/3rd or 1/2 of Xenoblade 1 or however long a certain character lasted in the story, but it built towards a proper climax rather than climaxing too early in XB1 and then rolling downhill from there. I think there was too much goofy comedy, especially the first few villains, that stuff should've been left on the side and keep the main story as serious as they could.

I thought the battle system of Xenoblade 1 eventually collapsed in on itself, Xenoblade 2 held up the entire time. I think it still could've been dumbed down more or a few systems collapsed downwards, there were way too much juggling of tiny percentages of each statistic in different menus. They do introduce it to you in a slow enough fashion that it's easy to learn, though.

WAIFUS, GUYS

Also Square-Enix (Xenogears) and Bamco (Xenosaga) were mentioned in the end-credits. The Kingdom Hearts guy designed the villains (which is obvious now that I look at it). They also made reference to a certain something from both games that more or less connects all of them together.

Probably the biggest flaw of the game was that there were way too many obvious quality-of-life mechanics and menus that were left out at the start. There's still some missing (there's no auto-save).

Game was pretty cool overall. I'm def gonna play the New Game + for some of the extra features. I also want to replay Xenoblade 1, Xenogears, want to play Xenosaga for the first time just to see if there's any more reference to them fitting together.
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum