High Libido, Low Drag [vent/disc]

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Re: High Libido, Low Drag [vent/disc]

Post by The Mikey on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 am

Ahh I feel dumb and silly. Got back from a wedding a bit ago and I feel dumb.

The girl I’ve been crushing on/pining over was there, and I was too afraid to try and talk to her more. I was too afraid to ask her for a dance when they did the slow dance initially, I mean, she wasn’t super far away. I was afraid. -sigh-

I really need to let her go, or try and slide into her Instagram DMs or something, I dunno just to get her out of my system. -sigh-

EDIT: I don’t really know what the hell is wrong with me, tbh.
The Mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: High Libido, Low Drag [vent/disc]

Post by Hielario on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:59 am

Paralyzing fear. You haven't experienced it before?

Upon an important action whose result is uncertain, and for which there seems to exist a high possibility of catastrophic failure, it is normal to become paralyzed, unable to act in any sense. Any course of action seems to be extremely risky, and therefore one becomes extremely worried and unable to act, or at least the second.

The common solutions are either merciless logical dissection of the initially perceived risk, asking for someone else's opinion and support, and/or deliberate high risk-taking behavior akin to gambling.

This author has also experimented with temporary massive emotional blocking, yielding mixed results, but it is not available to all human subjects. Acknowledging that the initial situation of absolute sexual/romantic frustration and emotional misery will not be worsened by the most negative result of the possible actions, or at least not in a degree worth quantifying, is another method that this author would like to propose, since it renders the perceived costs and dangers of the action as negligible in the bigger picture, downplaying the perception of risk if not deactivating it completely.

Obviously, it goes without saying that these last two methods require constant personal self-reminding of the fact that to produce suffering of other people is both unnecessary and ethically unacceptable, except as direct retaliation against a fully deliberate aggression.

(I have been studying Political Behavior for a week and a half, and I seem to be stuck. Please send help, .)
Hielario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum