NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants

Post by UristMcBunny Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Random Loud Dude Twice My Size, in a crowd of dudes, blocking my path home from work: "HEY! HEY GIRL! C'MERE. GIMME A HUG!"
Me, flinching out of the way: "...Who are you?"
RLD: "GIMME. A. HUG!" *lunges*
Me, dodging: "No."
RLD: "COME SLEEP AT MY PLACE TONIGHT!"
Me: "...What?"
RLD: "I'VE GOT BUNKBEDS!"
Me: "No thanks."
RLD: "NO STAY AT MINE! BUNKBEDS! C'MON!"
Me: "No thanks."
RLD: "C'MON, WE'RE GOING TO MY PLACE!" *starts walking off with friends*
Me: *silently stands in place and watches him walk off
RLD, getting angry: "C'MON! COME! ON! THIS WAY!" *makes handwavey follow gestures, but keeps going.
Me: *Waits until RLD is down the end of the street and around the corner and out of sight before continuing home*.

Well. That was a thing that happened today.

In more nice news, I went to the Lindt shop at the outlet today and bought 600g of delicious pick n mix chocolate to put into stockings!

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 pm

UristMcBunny wrote:
-snip-

Well.  That was a thing that happened today.

In more nice news, I went to the Lindt shop at the outlet today and bought 600g of delicious pick n mix chocolate to put into stockings!

Rants - Page 19 Whatthefuckman_sloth

Sorry to hear that happened. I've had weird encounters like those before in the past when I was younger, shit is scary as fuck. Usually it's done because these folks either don't know any better or are drunk as hell. Either way, no excuse to be a pushy creepy ass-hat.

I'd hug ya, but, ya know. Razz How about a handshake?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Laptop freezes, laptop reboots veeeerrry slowly, laptop keyboard doesn't work when booted up. Arrggh
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

The prosecutor for the Ferguson case just admitted to suborning perjury in an interview. He doesn't even seem to understand that it was wrong or to be concerned about the consequences.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:26 pm

The Mikey wrote:
UristMcBunny wrote:
-snip-

Well.  That was a thing that happened today.

Rants - Page 19 Whatthefuckman_sloth

Sorry to hear that happened. I've had weird encounters like those before in the past when I was younger, shit is scary as fuck. Usually it's done because these folks either don't know any better or are drunk as hell. Either way, no excuse to be a pushy creepy ass-hat.

I'd hug ya, but, ya know. Razz How about a handshake?

Wow.... that's sound awfull...... yet I can't comprehend how any decent human being will find that an acceptable behavior, even when drunk?!

Rants - Page 19 Will-smith-the-fuck

The Wisp wrote:Laptop freezes, laptop reboots veeeerrry slowly, laptop keyboard doesn't work when booted up. Arrggh

Man now reading this will jinx my laptop too, who has been making some "The fan's gonna bite the dust soon" kind of whirring, I have a feeling it will reach nuclear meltdown levels soon  Uh-oh
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 pm

eselle28 wrote:The prosecutor for the Ferguson case just admitted to suborning perjury in an interview. He doesn't even seem to understand that it was wrong or to be concerned about the consequences.

I cannot think of a way to adequately say how angry I am about pretty much every single thing about this situation.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 pm

UristMcBunny wrote:
eselle28 wrote:The prosecutor for the Ferguson case just admitted to suborning perjury in an interview. He doesn't even seem to understand that it was wrong or to be concerned about the consequences.

I cannot think of a way to adequately say how angry I am about pretty much every single thing about this situation.

Ditto. I keep starting to rant to people about it, but it just comes out incoherent. It's just so...nope, no words.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:45 pm

AND said quite clearly that there were no intentions to charge anyone with obstruction or perjury. Allow me to say what my fellow Nerdlove comrades are having some difficulty finding the words for

QEORHGERLBGUERBGKUQAWIUGBWROUBHSBREFTUFRWUIBGIO34IHTN34!

Rants - Page 19 Headdesk-o

*HEADDESKHEADDESKHEADDESK*

Rants - Page 19 Firpwvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Do you want riots in Ferguson? Because this is how you get riots in Ferguson!

This man should be disbarred and made to wear a sandwich board reading "I sabotaged the case" and nothing else on a street corner where the protests have been taking place for no less than 48 continuous hours!

Rants - Page 19 Lizardo-scream

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We now return you to more coherent ranting, already in progress.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:02 am

Do you think there will be consequences? I mean, for the prosecutor? Because given how things have gone down already, I'm doubting it.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:12 am

Wondering wrote:

Do you think there will be consequences? I mean, for the prosecutor? Because given how things have gone down already, I'm doubting it.

Serious ones? No. I guess I've always understood that things in the professional code of conduct had varying weights, but that stealing money from or comingling funds with clients, perjury/suborning it, witness/jury tampering, and not paying your bar dues were the things that people take seriously. But the fact that McCulloch readily admitted to calling witnesses who he knew to be lying about the facts of the case in the media suggests very strongly to me that he's confident no one will be able to hurt him.

I will say that part of what made me sit slackjawed for a few minutes after reading the article I linked was just the gall of it. People do sometimes break the law and violate ethical codes, but it's kind of unusual to see someone just flout theirs publicly without acknowledging that they're doing something illegal or unethical. Given this, I'll say that at most they'll censure him. Suspension is unlikely, disbarrment improbable. Obviously not what I'd choose.

Last edited by eselle28 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:12 am

Wondering wrote:

There has already been a consequence, which is that he undermined the entire trial and basically did the defense's job for them. But based on that interview, it sounds like he cares more about criticism than the right thing to do.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 am

Seems Tinder is infested with bots...

Sigh
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:51 am

In the uplifting, life-affirming finale to the holiday classic "It's a Wonderful Life", Clarence reminds George "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends"

Go fuck yourself, Clarence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:59 am

Dear "The Onion,"

Also kindly go fuck yourselves.

While many people will be gathering with family and friends this holiday season to eat, drink, and be merry, others may not have anyone with whom to celebrate the festivities. Here are some tips for how to handle the holidays alone:

- Just remember, a turkey dinner is a turkey dinner regardless of whether or not it’s deli-sliced and consumed directly from the packaging.
- Attending a holiday event for singles is a great way to remind yourself of the inability to connect with other human beings that landed you in this situation in the first place.
- Place several mirrors facing each other around your apartment so that it looks like there are actually an infinite number of people in your home, rather than just you.
- Keep in mind that Christmas is just a regular day, after all, no different than any of the other 364 days of the year during which you’re completely and totally alone.
- Take comfort in the fact that you’re at least not suffocating anyone else with your terrible personality.
- Avoid romanticizing what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone who truly understood who you were deep down, laughed at your jokes, held you every night, and placed your happiness above everything else in the entire universe.
- Use this time to reflect on the past year and set goals for next year before realizing that you’ve ruined your life so thoroughly that there’s nothing that you can possibly change.
- Take far too much comfort in every group text you receive wishing you a Merry Christmas.
- Only berate yourself as much as your family would.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow, all the standard tools. Kafkatraps, dictionary arguments, motte-and-baileys, armchair psychology and copypastas. Too bad they're so trivially easy to spot.

Next time, make them less blatant to the audience. Instead of massive linkdumping, put down one long, complex one. Phrase stuff in a less absolute manner("you come across as", "I know you don't really mean to be X, but..."). Make the semantic derails asides instead of the core of the argument, so that you can let the other person dig his own grave by responding to that passage. If you're going to argue in bad faith, at least try to be good at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:36 am

Grrrrr, the people who are very much like you except in one or two crucial aspects are the most annoying.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:42 am

Was really looking forward to training today. Turns out my gym is closed until Janurary.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 am

Seeing Jameis Winston basically get away with sexually assaulting a fellow student because he can throw a football well.

(P.S. - don't bother with the ESPN comment section, it's a load of dross.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:22 am

Apparently verbally agreeing with you is "sarcastic", while not saying anything is also " sarcastic" and disrespectful". Get out of your own head, moron.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:21 am

I went for a period of 17 months (April 2013-September 2014) in which I didn't receive a single personal phone call or text message. After a period of a few weeks in which I actually did receive a couple of blatant pity texts, I'm now back up to a drought of 67 days without one.

With the exception of a couple of management-organized team lunches per year (that nobody has any choice whether or not to attend), I've had lunch with someone else at work exactly five times despite having been there for four years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is really, really not normal, is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:33 am

Depends on the situation around it. When it comes to starting out relationships: friendships, coworkers who eat together etc. it takes a certain amount of one sided effort for a while.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:49 am

@Pagliacci: I'd say that's pretty 'normal' for someone who doesn't have an intuitive grasp on how to birth relationships from scratch.

And I hate to use clichés but, are you in a position to reach out to someone about your situation?

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:15 pm

@Pagliacci - pretty normal if you never reach out yourself.  Friendship requires a lot of effort.  A lot of messages, a lot of follow up, a lot of sacrifice.  I have worked extremely hard to maintain friendships and sometimes it's so exhausting I just have to stop.  Yes I'm at the point where others now put in the same amount of effort with me (but only a few such people do), but there was a time, where I would curl up and cry and wonder why I had to be the one to do all the work.  I think we all feel like we're the ones putting in all the work in our friendships, because we have been raised by the media to assume it should just happen (ditto romance).  But if you want friends, you have to bloody work at it.

Have you put in the effort yourself or are you just waiting for folks to get in touch with you?

(btw dissing the generosity of folks who heeded your call as "pity texts" ain't nice. Yeah, they might have only done it because they felt bad for you, but they did it because they felt bad for you. If you didn't matter to people they wouldn't give a crap if you felt bad or not and wouldn't bother pity texting you. Them sending you pity texts shows you they care about you. You might do a little better if you stopped dissing the people trying to help you.)

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 pm

*Sigh* and another business card for a professional hair braiding business pushed into my hand without any prior communication... It'd been so long since the last woman I assumed I was safe. Cue the insecurity and indignation.
Mine may not be fresh, but forcing your card on me in a damn fast food restaurant while I'm juggling bags isn't going to win me over.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:25 pm

"Baby it's cold outside..." came on on the car radio, and I (light-heartedly) pointed out it was basically about a rapist. My father suddenly became very angry and dramatically turned the radio off and acted like I was being a horrible asshole by making that observation.

Grow some skin that isn't one molecule thick, Dad, sheesh.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum