Rants

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Izmuth on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 am

Why don't people understand the simple rule of keeping RPG's PG if you play them with casual aquintances, unless it's agreed with everyone what their comfort levels are?

It's like hearing about people shitting on dinner tables, who might be joining you for dinner in the future. It's completely asinine to do and it almost necessitates you ask all your guests to please not shit on your dinner table in case someone else thinks it's a good idea.
Izmuth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:47 am

Werel wrote:
Politically fraught rant:
Why the fuck does MLK get invoked as some kind of unarguable lawgiver to all Black people every single goddamn time they get sick of being murdered in droves by the state? Jesus Christ, where are the patronizing "what would John Adams do" finger-waggings every time white people fuck up property because their sports team lost a sports game? When did every Black person become beholden to the oversimplified words of a man murdered by the same apparatus that's still murdering them? "When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse."

Fucking THANK YOU!!
caliseivy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 am

caliseivy wrote:
Werel wrote:
Politically fraught rant:
Why the fuck does MLK get invoked as some kind of unarguable lawgiver to all Black people every single goddamn time they get sick of being murdered in droves by the state? Jesus Christ, where are the patronizing "what would John Adams do" finger-waggings every time white people fuck up property because their sports team lost a sports game? When did every Black person become beholden to the oversimplified words of a man murdered by the same apparatus that's still murdering them? "When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse."

Fucking THANK YOU!!

Stay the hell away from Twitter if you value your sanity. Between even fucking newspaper reporters telling stories based on screencaps without verifying if it matches the full videos, /pol/ accounts creating outrage with a very transparant #baltimorelootcrew hashtag and sharing of selectively edited footage with obvious jump cuts in place depending on what political slant the uploader has, it's a testament to the gullibility or blatant cynicism set loose by these tragedies. Everbody has a true scoop that the media refuses to report on.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 am

No longer have twitter, but have to use Facebook for work. I may be cutting contact with a lot of people on there after yesterday Sad
Ok I'm finish dragging this conversation out.
caliseivy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Ordered a bed for my daughter from a large online retailer.

Bed arrived damaged.

The manufacturer -- a 4-person company! -- has 33 complaints against them with the BBB for crappy customer service and it taking months to replace parts.

The retailer won't address the issue directly until I've tried to work it out with the manufacturer.

I cannot move until my daughter has a bed to sleep in.

She will not have a bed until I 1) actually get the manufacturer to return my fucking calls, 2) get the manufacturer to ship the part, 3) receive the replacement part, and 4) build the bed (around a 5-hour job).

And I am feeling trapped and hunted continuing to live with my parents.

I'm seriously considering letting her have my bed and just sleeping on the floor for a few weeks or months until this is sorted out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Gah! I have a paper due at 2 PM tomorrow and I'm only halfway done AND I'm having writer's block. This has been quite possibly the slowest I've written a paper in a while.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:04 pm

>a blockbot for followers of a blockbot creator
This will end in a script that will just block all other Twitter accounts other than your own, won't it?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Apparently there's a segment of the manosphere that is weirldy invested in defending arranged marriages. Blegh.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Ah, but only arranged marriages to women raised in "traditional" countries. This means sludgey deference and servitude on the part of the wife.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:>a blockbot for followers of a blockbot creator
This will end in a script that will just block all other Twitter accounts other than your own, won't it?

Oh how hilarious this turned out to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:38 pm

I know it's likely not a popular opinion here (especially given I have it) but I don't think Anheuser-Busch was wise to put as a slogan on their beer bottles, "The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:43 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:I know it's likely not a popular opinion here (especially given I have it) but I don't think Anheuser-Busch was wise to put as a slogan on their beer bottles, "The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night."

Um, I think everybody here agrees with you on this.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 pm

The Wisp wrote:
WJMorris3 wrote:I know it's likely not a popular opinion here (especially given I have it) but I don't think Anheuser-Busch was wise to put as a slogan on their beer bottles, "The perfect beer for removing 'no' from your vocabulary for the night."

Um, I think everybody here agrees with you on this.

What can I say, I'm used to being told I'm wrong here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:46 pm

eselle already brought some mad gif game to that beer label. Wink
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:22 pm

My question was to pick one. Pick the one you like most. It was not "name all the options you can think of and say you like them all." That is exactly not the point of the exercise.

If you can't decide, don't play. No one is requiring that you play. Yeesh.

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Sun May 03, 2015 4:45 pm

You try to be nice to be people doing cold-sales, figuring they have to deal with lots of impolite or outright mean people, and then the salesperson uses your desire to be nice against you Disapproving

What inspired this was a salesman came to our door, and my dad got the "I won't stop talking until you close the door in my face" routine. Sigh.

-------

http://nerdlounge.canadian-forum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=773
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum