Personality types

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Personality types

Post by Caffeinated on Fri May 15, 2015 1:41 pm

eselle28 wrote:This thread is ancient, but I found The Definition Of Hell For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type to be good for a laugh.

Mine certainly fits:

INTP – You are eternally condemned to researching an extremely vapid topic using wildly inaccurate methods, mostly involving interviewing people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

Mine too!

INFJ – You are eternally damned to working for a morally corrupt company that aims to exploit the weak and generally degrade conditions for all of society.

It was funny to read through some of the others and think "aw, that's not so bad" and then see mine and it was like "yep, that's hell all right."
Caffeinated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Fri May 15, 2015 1:51 pm

ISTJ – You are expected to complete a highly esteemed project with absolutely no guidance as to what’s expected of you.
OK, this one is pretty bad, but the scarier ones are the ones for the personality types that are one step removed from ISTJ.
INTJ – Every time you open your mouth to say something intelligent, something entirely idiotic comes out instead.

ISTP – The Zombie apocalypse happens but you’re suddenly the world’s weakest fighter and must depend solely on your loved ones to keep you alive.
Eugh! Gives me the jibblies!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Fri May 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Heh. This zombie apocalypse was the one that bothered me the least, even though it's only one trait away from my personality type. Maybe because my loved ones are pretty competent at that sort of thing?

I could probably live with these two as well. They're just the tasks I refer to as "going to work" and "visiting my parents."

ENTJ – Somebody is wrong, and they’re directing a large group of people! You can’t do anything about it and will have to obey whatever inefficient policies they decide to implement.

ISFP – You have to listen to rude people criticizing your personal choices, your appearance and your art form all day long. Nobody cares that they’re hurting your feelings.

But this one sounds like as much a nightmare as my own.

ENFP – Every minute of the rest of your life has been scheduled for you – and it’s a long series of arbitrary, solitary tasks.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro on Fri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

That's a hilarious article.

I have to say a lot of them seem pretty unpleasant.

PintsizeBro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Fri May 15, 2015 3:09 pm

eselle28 wrote:
But this one sounds like as much a nightmare as my own.

ENFP – Every minute of the rest of your life has been scheduled for you – and it’s a long series of arbitrary, solitary tasks.

Heey. Can I have that one? I want that one.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest on Fri May 15, 2015 3:17 pm

ENTJ – Somebody is wrong, and they’re directing a large group of people! You can’t do anything about it and will have to obey whatever inefficient policies they decide to implement.

I think someone's been spying on my office this week. Disapproving

I like this one for a laugh: Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You?

General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnflame on Fri May 15, 2015 3:42 pm

ESFP (which I supposedly am) doesn't horrify me so much ("ESFP – You are stuck in a room by yourself for the rest of eternity."), beyond the usual "I'm a social being and need some interaction," but the ISFP ("You have to listen to rude people criticizing your personal choices, your appearance and your art form all day long. Nobody cares that they’re hurting your feelings.") definitely does. Shocked
Autumnflame

View user profile http://priscillakim.carbonmade.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Fri May 15, 2015 4:10 pm

As an INFP myself...

INFP – Your deepest thoughts and feelings are exposed to a large audience and everyone thinks that you’re pathetic and unoriginal.

This is actually one of my biggest fears if I'm being honest...
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri May 15, 2015 5:00 pm

INTJ – Every time you open your mouth to say something intelligent, something entirely idiotic comes out instead.

Any time I'm talking, I have about a 10% chance of my brain disconnecting from my mouth and saying something totally incoherent, so I'm pretty used to this and it doesn't sound that bad Grin

I think this one would be my worst:
ISTP – The Zombie apocalypse happens but you’re suddenly the world’s weakest fighter and must depend solely on your loved ones to keep you alive.
Or maybe this one:
ESTJ – An incredibly impractical person is put in charge of all of your major life decisions. You have to do whatever they say and are powerless to argue or reason with them.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Robjection wrote:
ISTJ – You are expected to complete a highly esteemed project with absolutely no guidance as to what’s expected of you.
OK, this one is pretty bad, but the scarier ones are the ones for the personality types that are one step removed from ISTJ.

The ISTJ one has happened to me, twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Enail wrote:

Any time I'm talking, I have about a 10% chance of my brain disconnecting from my mouth and saying something totally incoherent, so I'm pretty used to this and it doesn't sound that bad Grin

This. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by readertorider on Sat May 16, 2015 11:37 am

fakely mctest wrote:I like this one for a laugh: Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You?

I clicked. Was thinking Fanny Price. Maybe Elinor (think Austen's slightly more fond of Elinor than she deserves). Wanted to read the questions and disagree with the transparent description of some of the ladies. Embarassed The comment section though Grin

readertorider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero on Sat May 16, 2015 12:26 pm

The definitions of hell sound all pretty horrible to me!

Especially these:

ESFJ – Someone you love is in dire need of practical help and you can’t give it to them. Worse yet, they think you’re refusing to help them out of pettiness and they’re mad at you.

ENFJ – Your loved ones are in dire need of guidance but every piece of advice you gives them inadvertently makes things worse for them.

ISFJ – Everyone you love is yelling at each other and it’s all your fault.

ISFP – You have to listen to rude people criticizing your personal choices, your appearance and your art form all day long. Nobody cares that they’re hurting your feelings.

(Knowing myself I'd probably end up punching all of them after a while)

ENTP – Freedom of speech is revoked from the constitution. Voicing your opinion in any way is now illegal.

Oddly enough there are two which while bad don't sound too bad for me:

Sure it'd be horrible but at least my love ones can help me!

I'll just ask around and try come up with more info about the project, then do my best. If it fails, it's their own damn fault for not explaining me exactly what they want and how they wanted it.

While this one:

INTP – You are eternally condemned to researching an extremely vapid topic using wildly inaccurate methods, mostly involving interviewing people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

sounds just like my old job at the call center...

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 pm

While none of the scenarios listed are in any way appealing, most at least sound like they could eventually be tolerable. The exceptions are

INFJ – You are eternally damned to working for a morally corrupt company that aims to exploit the weak and generally degrade conditions for all of society.

As it happens, the first two also pretty much explain why I left my last job. Razz
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum