NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys, back me up... [Advice or opinions.]

+5
reboot
gaboz
Enail
Jayce
eselle28
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guys, back me up... [Advice or opinions.] - Page 3 Empty Re: Guys, back me up... [Advice or opinions.]

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Herr R wrote:I feel for Alex on the time limit thing. I personally don't see the point in "getting professional help" if I'm ten years older than him and only five years away from my life becoming the plot and title of a Judd Apatow comedy. When that happens, then you know you're life was just a joke and you'll never get those years back.

That is what I dread every day, anyway I got a plan for that...

Back to top Go down

Guys, back me up... [Advice or opinions.] - Page 3 Empty Re: Guys, back me up... [Advice or opinions.]

Post by Werel Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Alex1989 wrote: I wasted my teenage years, the best years for everyone. I am running out of time!

Gotta really agree with PintsizeBro on this one-- teenage years are definitely not the best for everyone. In fact, they're some of the very worst years ever for a whole lot of people. Don't buy wholesale into the romanticization of youth; like a lot of other dominant cultural narratives, it has about as much to do with reality as a delicious-looking KFC ad has to do with the gross, soggy, flavorless garbage it actually is. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Enail wrote:<mod>Herr R, however you feel about your situation, please remember that there are probably other people in similar situations here. What you say about yourself, you're saying to them too - and we're not okay with people saying that kind of mean shit to others here. It's fine to talk about your own feelings, but not in ways that are insulting to those around you. </mod>

I don't find it insulting to me, to me it is true, I have to find and marry someone by age 27, the average age that people get married, the problem is that I am officially UNDATEABLE, UNMARRIAGEABLE, UNLOVABLE. I am still virgin and single at age 25, I am officially a creeper... Crying

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:10 pm

<mod>Alex, I know you're hurting right now, but your most recent post isn't in keeping with forum guidelines. I'm going to have to delete it, and then I'm going to lock this thread, mostly because it's moved well past your initial question of how to handle the situation with your friend. If you want to talk some more, I think it would be best for you to start a new thread, though I'd ask that you keep the talk about suicide to a minimum.

This doesn't mean I hate you or am offended by you. I'm worried, both about you and about the effects that some of these thoughts can have on others.</mod>
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum