NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being approached and politeness

2 posters

Go down

Being approached and politeness Empty Being approached and politeness

Post by Artanis_Neravar Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:18 pm

I was at a singles event a little while ago and a woman approached me. I wasn't interested but I was holding polite conversation, after a few minutes she says "I came over here because I thought you were cute, do you think I'm cute?"

Is there a polite response to this if you aren't attracted to them?
Artanis_Neravar
Artanis_Neravar

Back to top Go down

Being approached and politeness Empty Re: Being approached and politeness

Post by eselle28 Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:21 pm

She's being pretty straightforward, so I think you can be there as well. Something like, "I've liked talking to you, but you're not really my type," wouldn't be inappropriate in response. If you'd rather go a bit softer and actually mean it, something like, "I could see us being friends, but I don't think it's a romantic match," might do it as well. It sounds like she was looking to figure things out quickly so she could allocate her time accordingly, so she probably does want an up or down answer.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Artanis_Neravar Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Good to know for next time. I had explained how this particular kind of social event makes me uncomfortable (It was a very bar-esque setting, even though it took place at a Dave and Busters, alcohol and music played more of a role than the games) so I was able to kind of mumble my way through it, and it wasn't until she started lecturing me about God (I'm athiest) that I noped out of there.
Artanis_Neravar
Artanis_Neravar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum