Stuff you're looking forward to

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stuff you're looking forward to

Post by Gman on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Glides wrote: 
And I'm finally getting Smash Bros 3DS tomorrow, cannot freaking wait. Portable Smash...sigh Embarassed

OMG I have smash for the 3DS too! What's your friend code? (The 3DS technically isn't mine, it's my brothers, but he basically left it for me to play with as long as he isn't interested in using it)
Gman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Book Of Life, but I'm waiting until Halloween to see it with a friend.

Gentleman Johnny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Dragon Age Keep is making me even more excited for Dragon Age Inquisition! I mean, it initially attracted me because I have a brand new PS4 and an Asus Gaming laptop that...well...could use a few upgrades and isn't going to get them for awhile. My old saves are all on PC, and I'd like to both have them and be able to play this game without worrying about upgrading, so this is super helpful. But after I thought about it, I'm even more excited, because I think it means that I can make up a set of choices that I never made and never would have wanted to make on my first couple playthroughs and then ask my character to deal with the consequences. As someone who veers pretty strongly toward playing "nice" in RPGs, I like the idea of being able to make my new character deal with a world shaped by less-ethical predecessors without actually having to do playthroughs of that sort.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celette482 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:15 pm

I played Dragon Age: Origins (had to sorta stop because Alistair reminded me HEAVILY of this guy I had a crush on in college, in both looks and manner, and it was getting awkward). Should I be excited about Inquisition? Having skipped DA:2....?
celette482

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:54 pm

celette482 wrote:I played Dragon Age: Origins (had to sorta stop because Alistair reminded me HEAVILY of this guy I had a crush on in college, in both looks and manner, and it was getting awkward). Should I be excited about Inquisition? Having skipped DA:2....?

I have very mixed feelings about DA2, though I know some people here really liked it. From my understanding of things, Inquisition will be closer to DA:O than its sequel in terms of things like combat and storytelling. From fairly extensive experience with Bioware games, you won't have to have finished either or both to enjoy the game. The carryovers from the past tend to be pleasant additions rather than necessities.

(But OMG, Alistair! I played through DA:O three times, and two times meant to do the Leliana or Zevran romances and failed because I really liked Alistair no matter who I was trying to roleplay as. Yeah, I'm a lousy roleplayer. I finally had to do a playthrough as a guy to get a different arc.)
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celette482 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:05 pm

[quote="eselle28"]
celette482 wrote:(But OMG, Alistair! I played through DA:O three times, and two times meant to do the Leliana or Zevran romances and failed because I really liked Alistair no matter who I was trying to roleplay as. Yeah, I'm a lousy roleplayer. I finally had to do a playthrough as a guy to get a different arc.)

I think he might be objectively your best option? Here's the thing, Chris Evans' take on Captain America gets me all hot and bothered and Alistair is rocking the same sort of "gee shucks" vibe. I mean that rose scene, where he gives you a rose and says "I found this and it reminded me of you, a beautiful thing in a place that shouldn't be beautiful at all"? That made my panties go *pouf*

It was bad, y'all. real. bad.
celette482

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtherRoooToo on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Hunger Games: Mockingjay.

Sue me. Smile

OtherRoooToo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 pm

If I sue you, do I get your ticket to the movie? Razz
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OtherRoooToo on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:41 pm

LOL! How about I just get two and we can avoid the whole litigation thing? Laughing

I've just been getting a little flack from friends & fam b/c it's around Thanksgiving and they're all "But you went last year!!"

OtherRoooToo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 pm

I kind of like having a yearly movie tradition for a series! It always bugs me when they move the release dates around year to year.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 am

OtherRoooToo wrote:LOL!   How about I just get two and we can avoid the whole litigation thing?   Laughing

I've just been getting a little flack from friends & fam b/c it's around Thanksgiving and they're all "But you went last year!!"

What? Really? A lot of people I know look for good but crowd-pleasing movies to go to around that time of year. I'd always assumed that's why they released them then. I'm definitely going.
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:33 am

eselle28 wrote:A lot of people I know look for good but crowd-pleasing movies to go to around that time of year.
A series about kids being goaded into murdering each other doesn't seem to fit that particular bill.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:00 am

waxingjaney wrote:
eselle28 wrote:A lot of people I know look for good but crowd-pleasing movies to go to around that time of year.
A series about kids being goaded into murdering each other doesn't seem to fit that particular bill.

My bunch of movie-goers is thankfully now okay with that.There are only so many holiday movies out, and if stricter standards were enforced, I might have to again watch Matt Damon present himself as an appropriate romantic partner for Scarlett Johansson in We Bought a Zoo.
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:10 am

NERD HERESY TIME: The Hunger Games and its sequels are not just actually totally awesome, but actually better than other notable kids-murdering-each-other novel-turned-movie Battle Royale. No shame for liking them!

Lemminkainen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 am

eselle28 wrote:...if stricter standards were enforced, I might have to again watch Matt Damon present himself as an appropriate romantic partner for Scarlett Johansson in We Bought a Zoo.
Yeah, that might have worked better if she was covered in elephant shit at the end of the day and hadn't washed her hair in a week. I blame the casting director.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kath on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I saw Catching Fire and then had to compulsively read the books.

So luckily, whenever I see Mockingjay, I will have that out of the way!
kath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Getting Psyched up about Halo: Master Chief Collection and Also GTA V (just got another X1 remote and a charge and play kit to get ready). 
I actually just got into touch with a small feminism positive group in my campus (my english is sometimes rough, I have a hard time translating it's nature so I used the term "feminism positive") and they are having a begining of the year meetup for memebers of the group this or next week (need to double check on that). I also got in touch with ANOTHER socially positive student activist group who are organizing a MASSIVE party next week, feeling really pumped about that, because I am actually going to know a lot of people there - something that usually doesn't happen to me in parties LOL. 
Also considering to wakeup next Sunday morning at 04:30am (in my local timezone) in order to play online with some buddies on the X1 that live in the U.S. Don't really have anything planned on sunday, so I figured I can just go to sleep early on saturday, wake up for the gaming session, then sleep a bit more until noon to cover lost sleeping time.
Gman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Bumping this old thread because they're making a new Roller Coaster Tycoon!

I got my ticket for the hype train.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Wed May 27, 2015 3:26 pm

That's fantastic! I'll probably be forced to buy it. I sunk a great deal of my childhood into Roller Coaster Tycoon!
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm

That game looks like really good value.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent on Wed May 27, 2015 5:25 pm

This next month is pretty awesome:

-Final Fantasy 14 expansion release. Oh yeah flying chocobos!
-My 30th birthday! (Gaaaah.)
-ConVergence. This is the first year where I'm doing worbla armor AND pattern drafting, so it's been a big series of cosplay firsts for me. Let's see if I can actually get them done in time.
reboundstudent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy on Wed May 27, 2015 5:42 pm

reboundstudent wrote:
Oh yeah flying chocobos!

Flying... Chocobos... Shiny/thrilled
caliseivy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:23 pm

I know it's not til November but I'm really looking forward to the new Peanuts movie.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Comic Con 2015, it's like fucking Christmas every year. Shit, it's better than Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Philadelphia's getting The Marvel Experience and I'm looking at getting tickets.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum