Rants

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am

If I say "It's really hot" because it's hot and I get hot and sweaty easily, don't reply with "No it's not. It's not hot at all." Just don't do that shit. Maybe you don't feel hot because you get cold easily, but stop responding to my misery by telling me I'm wrong as I sweat buckets right in front of you. We go through this every summer; it's not like every winter when you say it's cold I tell you that it really isn't that cold at all or that you're wrong as you layer up in clothing and blankets trying to get warmer so a little consideration would be nice.
avatar
caliseivy

Posts : 301
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:05 pm

>arresting someone for calling a police officer racist when the officer suggests Berber folks are culturally rougher because of genetics
>doing this a few months after arresting someone for shouting 'fuck the king' during a speech
Plz import the Murkan freedom of speech law and spirit, because it will annoy the hell out of all involved parties.

_________________
Pompeii, VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin."
avatar
BasedBuzzed

Posts : 811
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by eselle28 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:50 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:>arresting someone for calling a police officer racist when the officer suggests Berber folks are culturally rougher because of genetics
>doing this a few months after arresting someone for shouting 'fuck the king' during a speech
Plz import the Murkan freedom of speech law and spirit, because it will annoy the hell out of all involved parties.

Only if you enforce it very differently than Murka does. Have you heard about our law enforcement lately?
avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 997
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by PintsizeBro on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Today's weather is tropical.

By "tropical," I mean hot and humid with intermittent drizzling rain.

PintsizeBro

Posts : 307
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2015-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:01 pm

eselle28 wrote:
BasedBuzzed wrote:>arresting someone for calling a police officer racist when the officer suggests Berber folks are culturally rougher because of genetics
>doing this a few months after arresting someone for shouting 'fuck the king' during a speech
Plz import the Murkan freedom of speech law and spirit, because it will annoy the hell out of all involved parties.

Only if you enforce it very differently than Murka does. Have you heard about our law enforcement lately?

Ridiculously broad interpretation of 'true threats' with that black teenager who said on FB cops needed to be shot getting v&'ed and the gov trying to arrest a Reason comments section? We have the standard European paranoia about muslims but otherwise we don't have that many incidents besides the ones mentioned above.

_________________
Pompeii, VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin."
avatar
BasedBuzzed

Posts : 811
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by eselle28 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 pm

It sounds like your new fitness routine is making you feel really good, and that's a great thing.

That doesn't mean you need to tag yourself as being at Crossfit every single goddamn day, especially since it's the only place you tag yourself as being.
avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 997
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by PintsizeBro on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:40 pm

How can you tell if someone does CrossFit?

You don't have to, they'll tell you.

PintsizeBro

Posts : 307
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2015-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by nearly_takuan on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Why aren't shorts sizes even remotely similar to jeans/pants sizes? I got the smallest waist I could find (30, which is entirely wearable when it's jeans) and I'm still sagging like a middle school dropout in the '90s.
avatar
nearly_takuan

Posts : 1057
Reputation : 430
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:06 am

eselle28 wrote:
BasedBuzzed wrote:>arresting someone for calling a police officer racist when the officer suggests Berber folks are culturally rougher because of genetics
>doing this a few months after arresting someone for shouting 'fuck the king' during a speech
Plz import the Murkan freedom of speech law and spirit, because it will annoy the hell out of all involved parties.

Only if you enforce it very differently than Murka does. Have you heard about our law enforcement lately?

Murican local police are a fucking joke, I swear. Just look at San Diego PD, there was some cop sexually assaulting women he'd arrested in exchange for their freedom. Like, dude, what the actual fuck? You're a cop, you're supposed to PROTECT & SERVE, not rape & collect. :grrr:

I dunno, I have a very poor opinion on police and prefer the County's Sheriff Department. Especially when I have friends who were cops or are currently cops (one in particular is FBI). No

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 am

There's nothing quite like feeling bored and unfulfilled in life and work and not knowing what to do about it.

Also, if websites could actually show plus-sized models wearing the clothing in their plus-sized section that would be nice.
avatar
caliseivy

Posts : 301
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by The Wisp on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Sees integral  Shocked

Does long complicated solution over half-a-page, involving lots of trig identities and lots of calculations  Science win!

Feels really smug and smart  Cool  

Puts into Web Assign  Smug

Gets the answer wrong  Crying

Checks in Wolfram Alpha study

Realizes that a simple U-Substitution would have sufficed Facepalm

AND that the complicated solution was right, except for those pesky sign errors :grrr:

Calculus in a nutshell Smash against wall
avatar
The Wisp

Posts : 896
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:42 am

I just can't deal today. I just can't. People need positives in their life in order to cope with all the negatives, but how do you cope when there's nothing but negatives? How do you cope when you don't even remember having positives, but instead all you remember is that you used to have hope that one day there would be positives?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by BasedBuzzed on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:13 am

"You're not aware of your own biases" is a moronic argument if I can accurately label plenty of them. I still treat dudettes a tad too much like they're made of porcelain during dancing, I still look down a bit on dudettes who look clonestamped while I don't do the same to do who look like carbon copies of each other, I still am too quick in assuming every dudette suffers from a sort of universal experience of oppression, and so on. These have been pointed out to me by ladies who know me better than you do. Stick the internet cold reader act up your piehole.

_________________
Pompeii, VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: "O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin."
avatar
BasedBuzzed

Posts : 811
Reputation : 267
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Prajnaparamita on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:39 pm

"So I'm not a pervert, but you better be careful going out in that dress..." *leer*

Hey random stranger, did you think that I'd be flattered by you insinuating that "I'm pretty enough to rape"? As opposed to feeling vulnerable and horrified by the reminder of the risk of sexual violence I face as a women just simply for existing?

I don't know why this is getting to me so much today...

_________________
Foster! It saves lives! And kittens! People will just give you kittens! For free!
avatar
Prajnaparamita

Posts : 401
Reputation : 229
Join date : 2015-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by The Wisp on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Prajnaparamita wrote:"So I'm not a pervert, but you better be careful going out in that dress..." *leer*

Yuck!
avatar
The Wisp

Posts : 896
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by The Wisp on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:03 pm

These random days where physical fatigue strikes for no apparent reason and go away the next day to return only weeks or months are really annoying. It's probably anxiety induced...
avatar
The Wisp

Posts : 896
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by waxingjaney on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:35 pm

I gave you a fresh bowl of water this morning and now I see you drinking out of the damn sink, you ungrateful fucker.
avatar
waxingjaney

Posts : 344
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Dannyboy on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:54 am

Has anyone else here ever dreamed about moving out into the woods, working from home, and just, generally not having any contact with other human beings. It sounds wonderful, to be free from their cruelties, their judgements, and their indifference. How nice would be not to worry about being a worthwhile human being, not to have to compare yourself to others and find yourself wanting. Sometimes...I just feel sick of dealing with other human beings, and the anxiety and disappointment that come with it I just want to go to someplace where non one cares about my babyface, where no one expects me to be smart, witty, or sexy.

Dannyboy

Posts : 108
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2015-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:46 am

If I don't get this off my chest, I'll dwell on it until it brings me to tears, which is stupid.

Guy I like didn't answer my texts yesterday. I figured it's because his phone has been acting up or he was busy at work like usual. Usually he responds that evening or early the next morning, but he hasn't. Sister says she wished I could have played New Game with them last night. I ask and she tells me "us" was her, her BF, and Guy I Like.
Now I'm feeling bummed and left out because I suspect I didn't get any response because everyone was having too much fun and I feel left out. I didn’t splurge on that game system because the game series I like most was on the one I got.
It takes me back to my years as the little black girl who did weird things and was into odd stuff that other people around her didn't do. My sister knows I have a top favorite series and will entertain my Fandom, but doesn't even play the games and I suspect doesn't really understand my love for it so I'm fairly alone.
I feel again like the outsider; no one shares my Things. He doesn't, my siblings don't really, and I don't have that system to join in unless I go out and buy it but the hurt has already been done.
This whole thing just makes me feel even more alone than I have been feeling already, and immature that it's even having this effect.
avatar
caliseivy

Posts : 301
Reputation : 87
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by eselle28 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Why are you feeding an entire loaf of bread to a giant flock of seagulls on your front lawn? What made you think that was a good idea, or needed? The gulls in town are so fat they can hardly fly. And what do you do with all the bird shit that must accumulate?
avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1992
Reputation : 997
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 pm

"Here's the potassium nitrate you wanted."

avatar
waxingjaney

Posts : 344
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Prajnaparamita on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:46 pm

eselle28 wrote:Why are you feeding an entire loaf of bread to a giant flock of seagulls on your front lawn? What made you think that was a good idea, or needed? The gulls in town are so fat they can hardly fly. And what do you do with all the bird shit that must accumulate?

A friend of mine once told me this story: when he was in high school, his best friend's girlfriend cheated on his best friend for a guy that my friend thought was a total jerk, and then left best friend for the jerk guy. So one day on a field trip he stole a couple bags of potato chips from the cafeteria and spent the entire day feeding the seagulls until they were following him around in a giant flock. Finally, he approached the girl and threw a handful of potato chips at her, and the seagulls just mobbed her, shitting all over her 300 dollar coat. He never got in trouble for any of it because none of his teachers could believe that he commanded a flock of seagulls to attack her.

(By the way, I didn't know him when he was in high school, and I assure you he's much less of an asshole now.)

So, uhhh, a very messy revenge scheme?

_________________
Foster! It saves lives! And kittens! People will just give you kittens! For free!
avatar
Prajnaparamita

Posts : 401
Reputation : 229
Join date : 2015-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:29 am

Have the science people come up with ways to cut off the attraction to people in the human brain?

No?

Fuck.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by waxingjaney on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 am

That's not a job for science.
avatar
waxingjaney

Posts : 344
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2014-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rants

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:24 am

waxingjaney wrote:That's not a job for science.

But that's totally up science's alley!! Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum