Rants

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy on Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 am

Vicious rant full of language:
"Ur probably single or in a non stable relationship", "you have a negative vibe that's only going to attract weak men to you", "just looking out for you", "babe"

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING "looking out for you" bullshit. I do not have a negative vibe you presumptive prick, I just made the mistake of taking the bait and responding on a post I knew I shouldn't have responded on! That post asked for my fucking opinion on some absolutely sexist-sounding bullshit and because of how I responded it's obvious I'm single or in a non stable relationship?? No, my singleness is because I haven't accepted the first asshole who tries to harass and neg me into a date, because I didn't want to be bothered with dating right now. How is my fucking "negative vibe" attracting only weak men, but the "vibe" given off by a woman who believes completely in the post wouldn't result in finding a weak man who takes complete advantage of her? I've SEEN that happen over and over again to many women I know who completely buy into it.
For the record, asshole, I KNOW what a stable relationship is supposed to look like, and I completely understand doing nice things for each other and taking care of each other, as I WAS ONCE IN A RELATIONSHIP LIKE THAT. I advocate spoiling and taking care of EACH OTHER, not just doing everything for him to make him happy. But I can't say shit to you or anyone on that post to explain or defend myself because I can see where you're going to take this conversation, and I don't have it in me to finish the argument or the words to make you understand.

I think I'm ready to abandon my "start voicing my opinion on important topics" resolution; speaking up involves much more energy than I think I'm capable of giving.
caliseivy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero on Fri May 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey coworkers and friends, if I say I don't want to talk about my father, I don't want to talk about my father. I'm willing to talk about anything else, I'm willing to discuss work, your relationships, my relationships, the world, politics, sports, entertainment, live, the universe and everything in between.

I don't think it's too much to avoid a single argument, no matter what you might have heard about it and how curious you are about what happened.

Although to be fair it's not entirely your fault, since apparently everyone is talking about it and have heard what happened and wants to talk about it with me.

Maybe I should wear a sign "Please don't ask me about my father!". Although then everyone would, of course, ask me about my father.

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Fri May 29, 2015 10:48 pm

I'm always super bummed out when nobody can get through to a poster on DNL prime.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot on Fri May 29, 2015 11:14 pm

The Wisp wrote:I'm always super bummed out when nobody can get through to a poster on DNL prime.

Yeah, I know. That man I'd definitely hurting, but he is way above our assistance skill level. At least some good thoughts were written that might help others.

My rant: No I did not get that email. As you said, I was not copied on it. Yes I work closely with that person on a project, but that does not mean she copies me on projects that I do not work on because YOU are her point of contact for it. It is no one's fault but your own you blew it off for 2 months.

And after you hang up with me, DO NOT make my assistant go through her email to see if she was copied. She was not. You said it was only sent to you. Do not even TRY to push your mistake on my staff.

I am managed by a complete fuckwit.
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot on Sat May 30, 2015 12:57 pm

I am going to split this off into a "Dealing with difficult posters on DNL Prime" thread because we are discussing, not ranting, and I have always wanted a space to talk about this but was not sure anyone else did.

EDIT: The new thread is here
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Sun May 31, 2015 1:28 am

Of course, brain.  Start to bring up what-ifs and should-have-dones when it's too late to fix it. And hey, add in some worries about it once I'm in bed to top it off!
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sun May 31, 2015 7:06 am

It's sometimes as if the difference between meeting people I want to get to know better and people I don't is the flavor of the anxiety that results... in one case, that their messages will stop coming, in the other, that they'll continue.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Y'all, I know it's a compliment in this culture, and it's great to see you again too, but do you all need to tell me how nice and fat I've gotten over the last five years?
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Historical misconception that really grinds my gears: people who think all historical Christian societies were as or nearly as sexually repressed as the Victorian England upper-class.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:25 pm

So...you want to email me at 11 pm to ask if it's okay if I tutor your kid tomorrow afternoon for an extra hour? Great. I mean, it's not like I get up at 5 to go to work, then drive straight from work to tutoring. I can totally come up with an extra hour's worth of material in there somewhere...
jcorozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:17 pm

The Wisp wrote:Historical misconception that really grinds my gears: people who think all historical Christian societies were as or nearly as sexually repressed as the Victorian England upper-class.

If anything, Victorian England upper-class was the exception, not the norm.

(It was also very hypocritical)

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:02 pm

After a lot of back and forth with water intake and water outlet that required three separate visits from very helpful landlord, I finally got my washing machine up and running, and I was going to post about it in Joys. Until the centrifuge got started. See, I hadn't removed the transit bolt. I didn't even know what a transit bolt was. It said something about it in the manual, but not where it was or how to remove it. So I figured it had to be part of the packaging or something, already taken care of. It emphaticaly was not. When the centrifuge got started, I heard some noises from the bathroom, got in there, saw the washing machine dancing around like some enraged animal. I had to hold it down with my hands and the weight of my body to keep it from crashing into things. With no idea what was going on. I was pretty frustrated afterwards... why does it have to be som many things!!? Feel a little better now I've found what the problem was, and hopefully I haven't damaged it too badly.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:19 pm

My room is my private space you assholes. Don't barge in when you can just as easily text me. Hell, don't even give a quick knock and come in.

Stop being an old person and realize that texting is a thing. And brother, you are young enough to know better.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagliacci on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:46 am

One of the things that hurts the most about being 32 and having no friends or social life or even social skills, is that my mother would look at my situation as not only being acceptable, but as being ideal.

Heard joke once: Man goes to Doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor...I am Pagliacci!"

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
Pagliacci

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Alright, I'm going to split the discussion of alternatives to "girl" off into its own thread.

ETA: It's here.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:31 am

I really don't like it when people refer to others as 'friend' in ways such as "Look, friend..." and the like.

It oozes condescension. You're a random on the Internet. You're not my friend. Please take your forwardness and shove it up your butt, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:26 am

Another day, another attack on my faith in humanity.

Saw the video of a police officer brutally attacking a 14-year-old black girl and pulling a gun on unarmed kids who were trying to help her.  The officer's name is Eric Casebolt.
Chickpea Sarada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:28 am

Wow, what a casehole.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:50 am

I am trapped in that moment where I should say something about diversity, but am afraid of consequences. I am stressing out and miserable about it -- will I hurt myself professionally by pointing this out? Will I make myself look ridiculous? AM I being ridiculous? I hate this feeling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Slideshows. No. No, I am not interested in giving you a bunch of pageviews by clicking through fifteen pages of ad-riddled slow-loading low-content garbage. When I clicked on the link to your site, I expected a single page of useful and/or entertaining content. If you pull that stupid bullshit slideshow garbage on me, I am closing the tab and never coming to your site again. Also, fuck you and the horse you rode in on you stupid internet hack.
Caffeinated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Ugh, okay, ex boyfriend. I get that you are exited to "at long last" figure out that you are poly, and that you have all of these women that you're seeing right now, but is this really something you need to make a long-winded facebook pronouncement about? Like, this was WHY WE BROKE UP, because you didn't realize while we were dating, despite many monogamous relationships, and me verifying that you were monogamous, that you weren't actually interested in just dating one woman. Oh, yeah, that, and that you kept meeting up with other women without really telling me and then trying to convince me that me being curious about this, and about your apparent attraction (that you often mentioned) to other women, was all me being a terrible jealous person. I get that you don't want to "hide" your identity, and while I generally like being friends with you, I wish it remotely occurred to you that posting this kind of stuff in a very public place is a really painful reminder for me.

Granted, this is a guy who once posted a status about something we were having an argument about (not like the playful kind, either), and even when most of his friends agreed with me, continued to act like I was being obnoxiously jealous and that his way of thinking was the "right" one. But still. I wish there was a way for him to be happy with his new identity without it being very hurtful for me (and maybe without the hint of "I'm so unique and don't adhere to social norms" smugness).
jcorozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:15 pm

I went to buy a men's daily moisturizer with SPF at the store. I tried to find it but couldn't, and discovered that I was actually really embarrassed to go up to an employee and ask where it is. I guess I felt a little shame for being a guy buying a cosmetic product. I guess I'll just order it off of Amazon.

It's weird how certain little irrational gender stuff can flare up when I least expect it.
The Wisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:55 pm

I lost one of my coworkers weekend before last.

She was 25.

I found out on my break last Sunday, and I struggled through the rest of my shift, slightly breaking down a few times. I was told by at least one customer to "man up" because "real men don't show sadness."

He's right, of course, but he could have been a little less callous about it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:08 am

I'm really sorry to hear about your coworker, WJMorris, and that's shitty that your customer was such an ass about it.  That must have been a hard day to get through.

But on a modly note, I'd like to ask you to avoid treating beliefs like "real men don't show sadness" as absolute truths in your posts. You can of course believe anything you like about gender roles, but I think reinforcing the idea that men should not express their grief is rather outside of what's okay on this forum. Thanks!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 am

I hate how I have to be off my head on alcohol or caffeine to be even a little bit social.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum