Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Caffeinated on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Glides wrote:The therapist talks about my problems for money, she's sure as hell not going to be my friend. To expect me to open up so fast is a little stupid, honestly.

I'd say expecting you to open up so fast is the opposite of stupid. You're paying the money, therefore you want the therapy, and the way the thing you want works is you open up, the faster the better. It's just expecting you to act in an economically rational fashion. Why waste money by refusing to fully use the thing you're paying for?

It's like test driving a car and leaving the parking brake on, and complaining that the car salesman is lying about the engine's specs. Like, dude, release the parking brake and let the car drive.

You seem to have made a religion of your belief in your own awfulness and unattractiveness. The thing about religions is that it's nearly impossible to rationally argue someone out of them. Because if you start with a foundational belief that X is absolute truth, and every statement is evaluated in terms of its correctness according to X, then only things that agree with or support X will be seen as true.

Your X in this case is what depression tells you about yourself. So you see as true any statement or evidence that appears to confirm what depression tells you, and as false any statement or evidence that do not confirm what depression tells you.

Can you start with more of a scientific method kind of viewpoint? That your initial hypothesis could be correct or incorrect, and then try not be biased in your evaluation of the evidence?
avatar
Caffeinated

Posts : 455
Reputation : 272
Join date : 2014-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Enail wrote:

If you want to work on this stuff effectively, recognize that you are on the same team and that the things she is telling you are the same things you are looking to solve. Instead of arguing with her that she's wrong, ask her what you can do to work on changing those things. And try the things she tells you to try, practice the things she tells you to practice, as regularly and as much as you can, every single day, even if they sound dumb and pointless.

This is not an exorcism, where she casts out your jerkbrain through sheer brilliance and faith. That's not what therapists do. If you try to talk to her as honestly as possible, she will try to point out distorted thinking, and by seeing how she does it, you're learning how to recognize it and defuse it better in the moment. She's not outwitting you, she's teaching you how to outwit your jerkbrain over time or tell it to shut up. But your conscious brain needs to try to trust her and work with her to learn that. You're probably going to get little things to try, exercises or ways to practice thinking, and they will probably seem dumb or sappy or pointless. But they are like doing physiotherapy for a knee injury; it might be small, repetitive motions, but it's building up the muscles needed and retraining how it moves. Practice matters.

She is not going to cure you. She's going to teach you how to cure yourself, slowly, through time and practice. Work with her, not against her.

She hasn't actually given me a single "little thing" to try, though. She just keeps getting me to talk about things, and then keeps digging deeper and deeper, and in the end I'm just spending an hour saying all these horrible things and just repeating the same shit I already say here.

There hasn't been a single recommendation aside from "go to a mental hospital, get on antidepressants." There's been no exercises, no nothing. I have no idea how to fight back against the jerkbrain and she won't tell me. She just asks me how my week went, how often I felt sad (all the time), how often I wanted to die (all the time).

About the only variation is that she requested I show her the message that Roomie posted online and how that argument went down (we've since made up, but she's using him as an example of a mostly positive relationship and not even the jerkbrain can fight that). So next week she's finding out that I'm a virgin and how fucking bitter I am about that. So we'll see if that changes anything.

Caffeinated wrote:
Glides wrote:The therapist talks about my problems for money, she's sure as hell not going to be my friend. To expect me to open up so fast is a little stupid, honestly.

I'd say expecting you to open up so fast is the opposite of stupid. You're paying the money, therefore you want the therapy, and the way the thing you want works is you open up, the faster the better. It's just expecting you to act in an economically rational fashion. Why waste money by refusing to fully use the thing you're paying for?

You seem to have made a religion of your belief in your own awfulness and unattractiveness. The thing about religions is that it's nearly impossible to rationally argue someone out of them. Because if you start with a foundational belief that X is absolute truth, and every statement is evaluated in terms of its correctness according to X, then only things that agree with or support X will be seen as true.

Can you start with more of a scientific method kind of viewpoint? That your initial hypothesis could be correct or incorrect, and then try not be biased in your evaluation of the evidence?

I don't trust her. I don't open up to people I don't trust. It's really that simple.

Unfortunately, my X is "I'm worthless in every possible way and deserve eternal suffering." So pretending that I'm a Mormon or Scientologist or Jehovah's Witness or some other cultist, how would I break brainwashing I did on myself? I was bullied and abused for so long that I learned to not only accept what I was constantly being told, but also continue to bully and hurt myself after it stopped because I got so used to it. The only way I feel any kind of comfort or stability is when I'm in some kind of pain. Positive emotions are actually frightening to me, the idea of anyone loving me or wanting me scares me, because it's unfamiliar. Other people are used to love and romance and sex, it's second nature (not all), I am used to constant pain and rejection and hurt. So now I do it myself when no one else will. I desperately need people to hate me. They have to hate me, the world is right when everyone hates me.

If I treated any other person the way I treat myself, I'd go to jail for a long time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by eselle28 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:39 pm

<mod>Glides, I realize it's an aside, but can you be more careful about the way you discuss other people's religious beliefs? It's not really key to your point, and we have people from all sorts of backgrounds here.</mod>
avatar
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Posts : 1994
Reputation : 999
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Enail on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Glides wrote:
She hasn't actually given me a single "little thing" to try, though. She just keeps getting me to talk about things, and then keeps digging deeper and deeper, and in the end I'm just spending an hour saying all these horrible things and just repeating the same shit I already say here.

There hasn't been a single recommendation aside from "go to a mental hospital, get on antidepressants." There's been no exercises, no nothing. I have no idea how to fight back against the jerkbrain and she won't tell me. She just asks me how my week went, how often I felt sad (all the time), how often I wanted to die (all the time).

About the only variation is that she requested I show her the message that Roomie posted online and how that argument went down (we've since made up, but she's using him as an example of a mostly positive relationship and not even the jerkbrain can fight that). So next week she's finding out that I'm a virgin and how fucking bitter I am about that. So we'll see if that changes anything.

She's going to need to spend some time talking with you, of course, to know what's going on and to build up trust enough to work together. But it also sounds to me like some of the talking includes her trying to point out places in what you're saying where jerkbrain is in charge and giving some thoughts on how else you could frame those thoughts. It's not explicit teaching, but that seems like something you can learn from by watching how she recognizes it and what other ways of thinking she offers.

You're going to have to be a smart and active learner to get the most out of this, not just wait for her to hold your hand and lead you. So if you want to be working in a more focused way, you could ask her about more practice-based therapies like CBT, or bring up one or two specific things you'd like to improve on (keep the goals small to start!) and ask if she can give you suggestions on how to work on them.

(I'm glad you've made up with your roommate, by the way.)
avatar
Enail
Admin

Posts : 3392
Reputation : 1672
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Andrew Corvero on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Enail wrote:And she is used to horrifyingly negative self-talk, she is in this profession because that doesn't disgust or upset her, and she has probably heard it enough that what you say will not be anything new to her. This is her job.

I completely agree. Glides, your therapist has probably heard and studied much worse than your self-talk. Negative self-talk may be horrifying but there are some issues which are far more horrifying (at least to the general population) than being a negative person and complaining about yourself.

I can tell you that when I was a teen I have discussed some very graphically violent fantasies of mine against my father with a therapist. He didn't judge me one bit, and helped me to overcome my own guilt for having had those fantasies.
avatar
Andrew Corvero

Posts : 184
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2015-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:51 am

Andrew Corvero wrote:
Enail wrote:And she is used to horrifyingly negative self-talk, she is in this profession because that doesn't disgust or upset her, and she has probably heard it enough that what you say will not be anything new to her. This is her job.

I completely agree. Glides, your therapist has probably heard and studied much worse than your self-talk. Negative self-talk may be horrifying but there are some issues which are far more horrifying (at least to the general population) than being a negative person and complaining about yourself.

I can tell you that when I was a teen I have discussed some very graphically violent fantasies of mine against my father with a therapist. He didn't judge me one bit, and helped me to overcome my own guilt for having had those fantasies.

It's fucking difficult to trust people. Hell, even the people I trust the most don't even know half the fucked up shit about me. They don't know about how I was nearly murdered when I was 11, how I spent the vast majority of high school completely isolated, going weeks without saying a single word. They don't know about how I was thrown off a balcony at prom (where I naturally went stag), breaking my ankle and led to me being dragged out of a nightclub screaming by the bouncers. They don't know about my sexual assault last year. They don't know that the last time I kissed a girl was part of a plan to piss off her ex-boyfriend.

My parents don't know, my family don't know, they don't know. I am so fucking scared shitless to admit that to anyone, let alone a goddamn shrink. So you can't just expect me to open up like that with the amount of trust issues I have. I can't trust anyone. If I can't tell people I've known for my entire life, how can I reasonably be expected to tell a stranger? I don't give a fuck if it's confidential: rules are made to be broken. They laugh about their patients getting drunk on the weekends, I bet.

The shrink isn't stupid: she can tell and knows that something is seriously wrong with me. I'm just waiting patiently for the moment where she says that I'm incurable and I'll never be happy, just like the last one did.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by reboot on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:15 am

The reason you are paying a therapist is to tell her these things so she can help you learn the skills to cope. You are also paying for her silence.

To you, because it happened to you, these things are unique and have never happened to anyone before and make you uniquely messed up. To a therapist, these are fairly run of the mill experiences for a patient to have, since people in therapy are often dealing with trauma. You are unlikely to be telling your therapist anything she has not heard before
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by jcorozza on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 am

Glides wrote:


My parents don't know, my family don't know, they don't know. I am so fucking scared shitless to admit that to anyone, let alone a goddamn shrink. So you can't just expect me to open up like that with the amount of trust issues I have. I can't trust anyone. If I can't tell people I've known for my entire life, how can I reasonably be expected to tell a stranger? I don't give a fuck if it's confidential: rules are made to be broken. They laugh about their patients getting drunk on the weekends, I bet.

And yet, you have no problem talking about that stuff here, with no prompting.

Glides wrote:
The shrink isn't stupid: she can tell and knows that something is seriously wrong with me. I'm just waiting patiently for the moment where she says that I'm incurable and I'll never be happy, just like the last one did.

If that's actually what your last therapist said, then they're pretty bad at their job. However, you do seem to actively work against helping yourself or improving how things are gong.

As far as the confidentiality goes. Therapists will often consult with other therapists if they're dealing with a client who they're not sure how to help. But usually, client names aren't discussed, just some of the details, like, "X is really stubborn about opening up, what would you do?" or, "X does Y, Z, and Q...what do you think?". But that's all stuff that people here could just as easily do, and, like them, no name attached. I could go around to my friends saying, "oh man, there's this guy Glides on the Nerdlounge and he did X", and depending what X is, they may or may not be interested, but since they don't know who you are, just like your therapists friends, family, and coworkers don't, it's not being traced back to you. Does your therapist know any of the same people you do? Is there anyone who, if she told them everything about you and your past, would be able to ruin your life?
avatar
jcorozza

Posts : 453
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2015-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:56 am

jcorozza wrote:

And yet, you have no problem talking about that stuff here, with no prompting.  

You can't see me and you don't know my name. I say to the forum things I wouldn't tell my closest friends. That and Reddit are the only times that I'm myself.

So "myself" is mercurial and high drama.



If that's actually what your last therapist said, then they're pretty bad at their job.  However, you do seem to actively work against helping yourself or improving how things are going.  

As far as the confidentiality goes.  Therapists will often consult with other therapists if they're dealing with a client who they're not sure how to help.  But usually, client names aren't discussed, just some of the details, like, "X is really stubborn about opening up, what would you do?"  or, "X does Y, Z, and Q...what do you think?".  But that's all stuff that people here could just as easily do, and, like them, no name attached.  I could go around to my friends saying, "oh man, there's this guy Glides on the Nerdlounge and he did X", and depending what X is, they may or may not be interested, but since they don't know who you are, just like your therapists friends, family, and coworkers don't, it's not being traced back to you.  Does your therapist know any of the same people you do?  Is there anyone who, if she told them everything about you and your past, would be able to ruin your life?

I have no idea who she knows.

I assume everyone talks shit about me behind my back, so that definitely extends to the shrink. If I was a therapist, I'd complain about my shitty clients behind their backs too.

Like I said, she's professionally friendly but it's pretty clear that my stony and cold attitude towards her is not inspiring any feelings of "wow what a nice patient" as opposed to "god this kid is a fucking douche." Don't get me wrong, I definitely deserve it. I can't force myself to be nice after an hour of hearing my worst problems repeated back to me.

Not to mention that I don't even know what to say to her regarding anything. I don't know how to express any of my problems out loud. The right words just won't come out.

I dunno, the therapist likes me just a tiny bit more than you do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by reboot on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:18 am

Therapists do not talk in specifics about their patients to anyone other than a consulting therapist after you agree it is OK. How do I know this? Through my work I have become close friends with a metric fuckton of mental health professionals. The most they say is, "I had a rough session today. Patient with a terrible history of abuse/in a toxic family/responding poorly to medication. I need a drink/vacation/a nap". The one exception are forensic psychologists who interview people in capital cases in that they will mention what the crime is, but all that happens after the arrest is public record. Technically you could ID the patient if you wanted to with that information since the crime and arrest are public.

You have to remember, your story is not particularly interesting to your therapist's friends, family or anyone who does not know you. No one wants to hear about the life experiences of a stranger when they are hanging out with friends/family.
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by jcorozza on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 am

Yup. And even if they tell someone about a really horrific client/situation, they would be SUPER CAREFUL about who they tell and not telling who they're talking about. Your therapist has tons of clients. I doubt you're the most interesting.
avatar
jcorozza

Posts : 453
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2015-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 am

I think it's quite common to be reluctant about trusting a new therapist, I know it took some time with the one I go to now, and it was quite a big issue in my first year with the previous one. Building that trust is in itself a part of therapy. The experience of interacting with someone trustworthy is one of the things you take away from therapy. And building trust, as well as being trustworthy, is part of a therapist's training... if they don't work to earn it, they're not doing their job.

It can take quite a while to happen though. Trust doesn't happen instantly for anyone, and it can take even more time when someone's been hurt before.
avatar
Hirundo Bos

Posts : 548
Reputation : 304
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I second Hirundo, it's okay if it takes you time to feel safe enough to tell her some things. Tell her as much as you can, and you can work on things based on that, and that'll help you practice talking about difficult things, so maybe that will even help you talking about the stuff you can't bring yourself to say now.
avatar
Enail
Admin

Posts : 3392
Reputation : 1672
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Enail wrote:I second Hirundo, it's okay if it takes you time to feel safe enough to tell her some things. Tell her as much as you can, and you can work on things based on that, and that'll help you practice talking about difficult things, so maybe that will even help you talking about the stuff you can't bring yourself to say now.

I have warned her about that, I've even told her straight up that it takes me a while to open up. But then she gets visibly mad when I won't say something.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Enail on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Have you considered the possibility that you could be reading her responses as more negative than they actually are because you're worried about her reactions? It strikes me that it would be pretty unusual for a therapist to have as much emotional reaction to what you've been saying as you're describing. Remember people's feelings operate differently; she's not necessarily feeling and reacting the way you would in her situation, so try not to project too much based on either your own fears or your feelings.
avatar
Enail
Admin

Posts : 3392
Reputation : 1672
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by reboot on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Enail wrote:Have you considered the possibility that you could be reading her responses as more negative than they actually are because you're worried about her reactions? It strikes me that it would be pretty unusual for a therapist to have as much emotional reaction to what you've been saying as you're describing. Remember people's feelings operate differently; she's not necessarily feeling and reacting the way you would in her situation, so try not to project too much based on either your own fears or your feelings.

I agree. I think your jerkbrain is filtering pretty hard on this one as it is wont to do.
avatar
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Posts : 2514
Reputation : 1005
Join date : 2014-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Andrew Corvero on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Glides wrote:You can't see me and you don't know my name. I say to the forum things I wouldn't tell my closest friends. That and Reddit are the only times that I'm myself.

Have you tried to think about your therapist as if she doesn't care about your name or your face and facial expressions? That's what the "not judging" thing is about.

Maybe you can try to think of her as a doctor. When you go to the doctor for a check up you may be showing parts of your body you normally don't show to strangers. When you go to a therapist you show parts of your personality you normally don't show to strangers. It's natural for it to be awkward in the beginning but keep in mind she's used to see parts of personalities which people hide from others, just like a doctor is used to see parts of bodies which are normally hidden from view.

She's not there to be a friend. She's there to be a doctor. Have you tried addressing her very formally and explaining your problems in a detached, clinical way? I've done it with my therapist and it helps a lot to get over the awkwardness of exposing your "true self" to someone you don't know.

_________________
"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
avatar
Andrew Corvero

Posts : 184
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2015-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Andrew Corvero wrote:
Glides wrote:You can't see me and you don't know my name. I say to the forum things I wouldn't tell my closest friends. That and Reddit are the only times that I'm myself.

Have you tried to think about your therapist as if she doesn't care about your name or your face and facial expressions? That's what the "not judging" thing is about.

Maybe you can try to think of her as a doctor. When you go to the doctor for a check up you may be showing parts of your body you normally don't show to strangers. When you go to a therapist you show parts of your personality you normally don't show to strangers. It's natural for it to be awkward in the beginning but keep in mind she's used to see parts of personalities which people hide from others, just like a doctor is used to see parts of bodies which are normally hidden from view.

She's not there to be a friend. She's there to be a doctor. Have you tried addressing her very formally and explaining your problems in a detached, clinical way? I've done it with my therapist and it helps a lot to get over the awkwardness of exposing your "true self" to someone you don't know.

I think I'm already doing this. I don't have any emotion when I'm talking (or at least I'm trying).

I have no idea how therapy works, considering how bad the other one was. I have no idea if it's working or not, I have no idea what strategies I need to use to overcome this. I know literally nothing and I feel very behind the curve whenever I go there. I just think "I'm jealous of any person who doesn't need this."

Despite all that, I still want this person to like me. I want everyone to like me. Which is the most ironic thing I've ever said, considering most people's opinions of me. Self-deprecating talk is second nature.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Andrew Corvero on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Glides wrote:I have no idea how therapy works, considering how bad the other one was. I have no idea if it's working or not, I have no idea what strategies I need to use to overcome this. I know literally nothing and I feel very behind the curve whenever I go there.

If you have no idea, why don't you simply try to tell her some of the things you tell to the forum? Start with what you find easier.

Glides wrote:Despite all that, I still want this person to like me. I want everyone to like me. Which is the most ironic thing I've ever said, considering most people's opinions of me. Self-deprecating talk is second nature.

Didn't you say that you wanted people to hate you so you could hate them back?

I understand that you're going through a period when you don't really know what you want from people or yourself. What you need to do is understand that this is perfectly normal and it's natural not to have all the answers.

I think that since you're going through a period of changes you should avoid putting labels on yourself. The more you tell yourself, for example, that self-deprecating talk is a second nature the more you'll become convinced you can't change.

Also you should try to avoid putting labels on others. You don't know what all other people think of you. You're not a mind reader and neither is anyone else. The truth is that you don't know what people think of you, and your assumptions may as well be very wrong.

_________________
"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
avatar
Andrew Corvero

Posts : 184
Reputation : 136
Join date : 2015-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by PintsizeBro on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Glides, all your problems are pretty normal. It's been said in this thread already, but it bears repeating. There's really nothing uniquely fucked up about you. Therapists hear things like this all the time. I know someone who was bullied so badly in high school that they dropped out and got a GED instead. A sizable number of people I know are rape survivors. Some are recovering alcoholics. And that's just the people who trusted me enough to tell me about the things that happened to them. I'm sure there are more people I know who have similar things going on and they just haven't told me.

I think you're desperate to be special and unique, and your self-image is so negative right now that the only way you can see that happening is by being uniquely fucked up.

PintsizeBro

Posts : 307
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2015-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by bomaye on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:16 pm

I think the idea is that she's supposed to cut through the self-image you've built up and let yourself compassionately see a human being, and then teach you a few tricks to help that human being cope with the things he finds difficult to cope with and allow himself to take credit for things.
avatar
bomaye

Posts : 1531
Reputation : 491
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:04 pm

bomaye wrote:I think the idea is that she's supposed to cut through the self-image you've built up and let yourself compassionately see a human being, and then teach you a few tricks to help that human being cope with the things he finds difficult to cope with and allow himself to take credit for things.

Shit, she can have all the credit if she wants it that badly.

I'm actually going to see her in a couple hours, so we'll see how things go.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Enail on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:51 pm

No, she wants you to take credit for things you do!
avatar
Enail
Admin

Posts : 3392
Reputation : 1672
Join date : 2014-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Enail wrote:No, she wants you to take credit for things you do!

Session Four

She caught me in a surprisingly good mood, entirely due to the fact that I had accidentally had the right amount of coffee that day.

She said my thinking was more positive, that there wasn't so much black-and-white thinking.

I did admit I was a virgin to her, since she made me give her that message Roomie had posted.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I'm 20 and a virgin, that's fucking pathetic."

And again, the now famous "Jesus Christ you're insane" look. Only those with a healthy sex life give me that condescending look. It's identical to Roomie's look when I insult myself.

And as I've mentioned, she's extremely attractive and social, so I'm sure that isn't an issue for her.

I did catalog what days I feel the worst. It's Fridays and Saturdays. Today is Friday. So sorry. I'm just in no fucking mood to be nice.

She keeps ignoring the romantic problem, to where I'm tempted to scream at her "I WILL NEVER KNOW THE LOVE OF A WOMAN CAN YOU HONESTLY FUCKING SAY WITH A STRAIGHT FUCKING FACE THAT I SHOULDNT DIE, YOU STUPID BITCH"

I didn't.

She keeps asking me to show her personal things I've written about my own self-talk, even the shit I write on the forum.

"Trust me, nothing you could write would ever shock me. You're not my first patient."

I really don't give a shit.

She still seems annoyed that I won't open up entirely. But we've already discussed this.

Overall, we did get along more than we did during previous sessions.

I still don't know what I'm doing, but at least she's increasingly nice to talk to. If I have to pay money for a friend/emotional whore, I've gotten so starved for attention that I may just keep doing that. Because as useless as this is, it's very nice to talk to a person out loud.

She's a brave woman for tolerating the likes of me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Robjection on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Glides wrote:She caught me in a surprisingly good mood, entirely due to the fact that I had accidentally had the right amount of coffee that day.
I don't suppose you made a note somewhere of what this right amount of coffee is did you?

_________________
The above post contains Robjectionable content.
avatar
Robjection

Posts : 376
Reputation : 97
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glides' Adventures in Therapy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum